Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?

Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running
XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think
I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
folders.

	Yousuf Khan
0
Yousuf

"Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running
> XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think
> I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
> folders.
>
> Yousuf Khan

Have you checked firewalls?

0
Patrick
1/3/2010 2:39:01 AM
On Jan 2, 9:39=A0pm, "Patrick Keenan" <t...@dev.null> wrote:
> "Yousuf Khan" <bbb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop runnin=
> > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't thin=
> > I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
> > folders.
>
> > Yousuf Khan
>
> Have you checked firewalls?

Yes, it's just the XP Firewall, so it is identical in both cases.

  Yousuf Khan
0
YKhan

need to reload 2007 home/student have prod key
where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Where is the CD? On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Sorry that was not very helpful. If you had the CD you would not be posting here. The only thing I could find was a 60 day Office professional trial. http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ HTH http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ ...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro ...how to clone
Installed Seagate DiscWizard, Power down, Connected 2nd / 500gb hd (ST3500418AS) (to match size of current boot hd) Power/boot up, ....progressed through DiscWizard "Clone" options, and final Warning includes:- "Vista Users should have their Vista installation discs ready following reboot, Follow the onscreen instructions if prompted by the operating system after the migration completes." Now, this Dell Vostro didn't come with any discs, (only the recovery partition), ....unfmailiar with MS's Vista licensing traps - ...any idea if not having ...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

Win XP wont start
so i am working on a Emachine PC, the problem is the os will not start. it goes as far as the Windows XP loading than goes blue screen and restarts the machine faster than i have a chance to read what the problem is. is there a boot up disk i can make or get that will help me here, i do not have the orginal XP disk that came with the machine. only other thing i can do is to reinstall the entire OS but i dont want to have to buy another OS. Any help appriciated. "Eidelmaim" <Eidelmaim.44tmoi@no.email.invalid> said this in news item news:Eidelmaim.44tmoi...

Opening Money 2000 in XP with corrupt profile
I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However this login opens Microsoft Money as a new user - even if I click on my old "My Money.mbf" How do I get to my old data? In microsoft.public.money, Andrew Davroche <Andrew Davroche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted >registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However >this login opens Microsoft Money as a new u...

Have Office Xp, but want to get just Publisher off a Office 2000.
any one have a solution Publisher is on the second disk of Office 2000. You can install it as a standalone. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kev" <kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8934684-34E1-4689-93A5-60872C7510FD@microsoft.com... > any one have a solution ...

XP-Theme won't fill the whole background in my app
I try to use WinXP Visual styles in my app. I did what the instruction tells in this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp It went well except for one thing: The background was not colored in the bottom. On the bottom, the background color was white. It should have been light gray. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance :) Kjetil Salomonsen wrote: > I try to use WinXP Visual styles in my app. I did what the instruction > tells in this link: > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

recording merger with combination cash & shares
I owned Company A stock. Its shares were merged into Company B. The terms of the merger were that for each share of company A, I received ..1906 shares of Company B plus $16.50. How should I record this in Money 2003? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090004080308090304020802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I tried a "return of capital" for the cash portion but Money 2003 deluxe voided the transaction after I entered the merger. So I lied and did the return of capital the day before. The probl...

Local folders
G'day, When I go to my Outlook Express, Local Folders The Folder named All forums always comes up opened. It has only just started doing this. When I close it to unopened, ie. + sign it will come up opened, - sign, next time I use Outlook Express. Is there a way to change this? -- chequer When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box. This group is for posts concerning MS Office. Outlook Express is not part of Office Please repost giving full details of your Operating system and version of OE. OE newsgroups. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.pu...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Chris "Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net... >I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS >2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are >working. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Chris, do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP ...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

how to Share Outlook on a win 2003 server
Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users on my win 2003 server How does one do this? I have search outlook help etc, have not really found a clear answer. Thanks Phil Share Outlook how? The program? The files? Have many profiles running one version of Outlook? Please be more specific. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Phil <phillip@pmassociates.com.au> asked: | Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users | on my win 2003 server |...

Outlook XP
Read a bunch of posts, but none give the proper answer. Can you copy one user's FAV file to other user's to create a default Outlook Bar? I have tried various methods and I end up with errors when clicking Inbox, etc, on the newly copied users Outlook... any ideas? tia, Bill ...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

Outlook Vs Outlook Express #4
I am a longtime user of MS Office Suite. For my mail program I use Outlook bundled with MS Office 2002. Recently I purchased and installed McAfee's Firewall, Internet Security and Virus bundle. I have set and reset nearly all of the security settings to what I thought was an acceptable level. The first issue manifested itself by error messages indicating failure to recognize server settings etc. I called Roadrunner support and was imediately moved to Outlook Express because they do not support Outlook. Although I had to re-enter all of my contacts this worked for awhile. Now, ho...