Can Windows XP 64 bit be upgraded to Windows Vista 64 bit?

Would I need to reinstall applications?

Thanks

Partha

mcp111 wrote:
> Would I need to reinstall applications?

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Your answer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-your-pc-options.aspx

"If your computer is running Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP
Professional x64, you are eligible for an upgrade copy to a corresponding or
better edition of Windows Vista, but a clean install is required."

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

Can not set Y Values in XY chart
Hello -- I use the folliwing code to set X and Y values: g_strRangeSeries = "A2:A82" (calculated in prior code) strDataXValues = Chr(34) & "=Data!" & g_strRangeSeries & Chr(34) ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = strDataXValues This correctly places ={"=Data!A2:A82"} in Source Data | Series | X Values: The problem is with setting Y Values. g_strRangeYVal = "B2:B82" (calculated in prior code) strDataValues = Chr(34) & "=Data!" & g_strRangeYVal & Chr(34) ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = strDataValues T...

windows update.
Why cant i run updates/ i keep getting error. I cant even run a check to find new updates. how does that make you feel? willie wrote: > Why cant i run updates/ i keep getting error. I cant even run a check to > find new updates. ...

Embedded Chart Window Title?
I have 5 Tab sheets ... Each with 1 embedded chart ... When I open a Chart Window ... Two of the embedded charts are Titled "Chart 2" & Three are Titled "Chart 1" ... I have a recorded Macro to Print_ALL_Charts ... Issue is: Macro is calling for "Chart 1" & therefore stalls out when it hits a chart titled "Chart 2" ... I would like all Chart Titles to be "Chart 1" ... so Macro won't fail ... How do I accomplish this? ... Thanks ... Kha Ken - Forget the names of the charts. This macro ought to help. Sub PrintAllCharts() ...

does exchange or windows 2003 pop/smtp support pop before smtp ?
does exchange or windows 2003 pop/smtp support pop before smtp ? Can you explain what you mean in greater detail? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "phn737" <phn737@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A7C115-53FE-4938-946D-B214E836BE38@microsoft.com... > does exchange or windows 2003 pop/smtp support pop before smtp ? POP is a mailbox retrieval protocol. SMTP is a mail transmission protocol. They are for different purposes and therefore have no hierarchy. ...

Windows Live Mail 09-05-10
How do I know that a question has been answered in the newsgroup? You check the post to see if it was answered? There is no e-mail alert if that is what you're asking. That is only available in forums. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "bert" <bertpickover@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uKVuIeKTLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I know that a question has been answered in the newsgroup? If you group posts by Subject or by Discussion, it should be easy to = tell if there is a reply in your thre...

can not open attachment
WHEN I TRY TO OPEN AN ATTACHMENT DOES NOT OPEN- ONLY HAPPENS WITH SOME OF THEM, I TRY DOUBLE CLICKING THE E- MAIL, AND IT GIVES ME ANOTHER WINDOW WITH THE SAME E-MAIL BUT WITH ONE MESSADE ACROSS "OE REMOVE ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENT IN YOUR E-MAIL" THAK YOU FOR YOUR HELP CARL Tools, Options, Security. By the way, typing in all caps is very hard to read and is generally considered shouting. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the n...

can not import Excel worksheet in accounting express 2008
error message reads as follows; The following error was found trying to read import source file: Format of the initial String Does Not conform to specification Starting at index 34 any ideas? need help badly.....please & thank you Hi Dave, Only guessing but I would look for invalid data in line 34 or 35. (Index 34 might or might not include a header row so look in rows 34 and 35). Particularly look for invalid dates etc or even missing data. Compare each cell to data in previous row and see what is different. Also does accounting express allow you to import .csv files. If so then...

Geeting rid of Dial Up Connection Window
When viewing downloaded e-mails off-line how can you get rid of the Dial-up Connection Window when it appears - does not seem poosible to get rid of it without exiting Outlook? Any advice? Thanks Glyn >-----Original Message----- >When viewing downloaded e-mails off-line how can you get >rid of the Dial-up Connection Window when it appears - >does not seem poosible to get rid of it without exiting >Outlook? >Any advice? >Thanks >Glyn >. > Try Tools>Internet Options>Connections and select Never Dial a Connection. ...

PP2007 opens "old" template selection window
At work Office XP was uninstalled, afterwards Office 2007 installed. Problem now in PP2007 is: We click the Office Button and select "New". Instead of the PP2007 dialog for the template selection (the one having categories in the left pane: "Blank and recent", "Installed Templates", ...) the "old" templates dialog from Office XP opens (the one containing several tabs, starting with "General"). We still have Windows XP, however I saw installations with Windows XP and Office 2007 not having this issue. So I don't think WinXP ca...

can't send mail #4
I'm signed up through comcast and using outlook. I can receive ok, but send fails. All items remain in my sent box. Any suggestions or experience with this? A frustrated Ed ed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm signed up through comcast and using outlook. I can > receive ok, but send fails. All items remain in my sent > box. Any suggestions or experience with this? Have you checked the option to authenticate to the outgoing server? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Till...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

windows delay write failed ??
We have 2 cash register computers they are: Register #1:Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.0128 Register #2: Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.0128 we would have errors: 4-5 times a day when using Retail Management System a ballon would come up from near the the task bar near the clock. "Windows Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere" What should I do This keeps fr...

How can I use range objects to solve this problem
Hi all, I have couple of tables that can have many number of rows. The number of rows can vary depending on the number of items that I need to put into each table. The last row of the table is always will be "Total and some number". The work sheet contains may items and the above tables. The number of tables could be anywhere from 1-5. I am trying to generate a vba code that can copy only the tables from this worksheet and then assort all the tables to new a worksheet with an empty row in between the tables. Is there a way to use range objects to get this done? Ho...

Webdav XP works,Vista doesn't
Hello, I tried first posting this in the Windows Vista group, but didn't get any response. Any help greatly appreciated! I run Vista Ultimate. IE8. Our sysadm has a remote Win2003 server set up using webdav and a cert for a secure connection. On XP I enter https://xxxx.yyyy.org/FTP into IE, enter my credentials and I get to the server. Then in IE I go to File and Open, open as web folder and it works as a web folder. On my Vista box I get to the same place by Map a Network Drive, Connect to a website that you can use... etc. This too gives me a web folder on my Vi...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

can't select item from ComboBox
Hi all, I have a problem that all ComboBox in my project can't be clicked by mouse to select an item. What is the problem? Thanks. "Duy Trinh (Mr.)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:#6wQ$at$GHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a problem that all ComboBox in my project can't be clicked by mouse > to select an item. What is the problem? Is it enabled? Can you click on the drop down to make it show the list? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com i can select item by keyboard, but can't select item by mous...

Windows mail in Excel
I am trying to use Windows Mail, not Outlook Express as my main mail in Vista. It seems though I can only use outlook or outlook express...is that true?? If not, how can I change it? "5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD113296-5C1F-4E34-AEA5-07F14D120FB7@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use Windows Mail, not Outlook Express as my main mail in > Vista. It seems though I can only use outlook or outlook express...is > that > true?? If not, how can I change it? To use the Send To Mail recipient function in Office y...

Boot CD Shows Blank Window
Boot CD shows blank window when selected.. How can I show the files that are on the CD?? Willard wrote: > Boot CD shows blank window when selected.. > > How can I show the files that are on the CD?? Isobuster or other such type of utility will reveal the files. John What's the CD supposed to contain, there are loads of Bootable type cd's out there, you left a whole lot to the imagination. "Willard" wrote: > Boot CD shows blank window when selected.. > > How can I show the files that are on the CD?? > . > The CD was &quo...

email can't find host
my email can't find a host -keep getting error message Thanks for sharing. "courtney" <courtneycrowl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F0A33ACF-7064-4132-883C-68D6215DB77F@microsoft.com... > my email can't find a host -keep getting error message Well, don't keep the error message a secret. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/van...

I receive all email links with a blocked in front of it. How can
All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic file. I need help resolving this issue. Thanks "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BEAF174-E6D4-47FC-8AC2-914DC56804CE@microsoft.com... > All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word > blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic > file. > I need help resolving this issue. Thanks Sounds like that's some sort of third-pa...

Can no longer draw shapes since upgrade to PPT 2007
The problem is simple: whenever I want to draw a shape on a slide (a rectangle, a circle, etc), I can adjust the width of the shape, but not the height: the shape always comes out with a small size (like maybe 1 cm). This also means I cannot draw a circle: they always come us as ellipses. Worse: when I want to modify the height of a box in an existing presentation, the height of the box is lost: it becomes a small horizontal rectangle. That happens also on slides I copy from other presentations. The only way to make a shape taller is by the right click, Is this a known prob...

XP Boot problems
Buongiorno a tutti ! sono in un grande guaio ... a seguito della disinstallazione di un programma all'avvio il pc mi segnala che il disco non contiene il BOOT !!! Allora si tratta di un PC con windows XP Sp3 installato regolarmente e senza particolari programmi se escludiamo un software gestionale e Office. Il programma disinstallato era un sospettosissimo "Antimalware" il quale � stato disinstallato usando una utility chiamata REVO uninstaller in quanto il programma in questione (antimalware) non disponeva di un uninstaller .. Cosa mi suggerite ? il problema enorme ...

Just Send & Turn off an account in XP
In prior versions, I used to be able to select Send to just send messages and not receive them, can we still do that in Outlook XP? I cannot find the menu item to select this. We also used to be able to set up several accounts, and simply turn one on or off -- now I have to delete the account each time I don't want to send/receive mail from it, yet get mail from all the other accounts, and re-create it every time I want to receive its mail. I have an account that gets a large amount of mail and I don't always want to receive mail, yet I do want to receive mail from all other account...

WMP 11 not working right on Vista
I just bought a new laptop and transferred everything from my old one to the new one. Things seemed to be working alright before, but now for some reason every time I try to play a song from my library, it just skips the song after playing for about 5 seconds. And even weirder, instead of skipping to the next song, it starts moving BACKWARDS through my library! If I click to stop it from playing, it just keeps doing it anyway. The only way I can stop it is by closing the program. HAs anyone ever seen this before? Update your sound card drivers to the latest version. Don't jus...

Can you modify message header info with VBScript and redirect mail message?
Hi, I want to redirect - not forward - a mail message from one of my accounts to another. When I say redirect, I mean that I want the original sender to be the sender when it gets to the new recipient. That was, when I reply from the other account, I will be replying to the original sender, and not my first account, as would happen in a forward. Eudora has had this capability for quite some time, but Outlook still doesn't. The only thing is I couldn't keep the list of people in the CC: field, so a reply-to-all wouldn't work if the original message when to a group of people. A...