Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E

Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in
awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the
blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the
first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully
updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this?

CodyE wrote:
> Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in
> awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the
> blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the
> first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully
> updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this?

I'd start out by running a RAM test

and also the hard drive mfgs diagnostic
0
philo
1/6/2010 1:26:38 AM
Use NirSoft's tiny program, "BlueScreenView" to tell you what is causing
the crash:

BlueScreenView ~50 KB - View BSOD (blue screen) crash information
Web: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
Download: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

ju.c

"CodyE" <CodyE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB13C8D0-1618-47B7-80AA-2B0FEDAF7A49@microsoft.com...
> Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in
> awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the
> blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the
> first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully
> updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this?
0
ju
1/6/2010 4:45:02 AM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms794023.aspx
and
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x8e

--
Peter

"CodyE" <CodyE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in
> awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the
> blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the
> first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully
> updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this?

0
Peter

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Filter Has Stopped Working
The junk e-mail filter was working just fine for a couple of weeks, but now it seems to have pretty much stopped working. It rarely filters anything as junk e-mail now. :( Hi! I have the same problem on one of my computers. Have you found a soultion? I'm using Outlook 2003 with two IMAP-accounts on two computers (Windows XP). Everything worked fine on both machines until a couple of weeks ago, when it stopped to work on one of the computers. It still works on the on the other computer. /Peter >-----Original Message----- >The junk e-mail filter was working just fine for a...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

Mail Notification on Welcome Screen is not working
OK, guys, I've scoured the newsgroups, and I've scoured the Knowledge Base, but I can't figure out why the hell my Mail Notification is not showing up on the Welcome Screen. I'm running XP SP1/all updates, Outlook 2003, IE/OE 6. Basically, when I'm at the welcome screen, all I see is my name. It's like the Email notification is turned off.... but it's not. I've played around with all the settings in TweakUI, turning the mail notification on and off, using the Repair option, etc. I've even tried manually deleting all the registry entries under HKEY_CURREN...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

missing toolbar in Word's Help screen
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I try to access the Help system from Word 2008 (or Excel, for that matter), there is no toolbar at the top of the Help screen--there's no Search box, Topics, Back/Forward, Home, or Print buttons. The PowerPoint Help screen, on the other hand, does have its toolbar. I'm on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11. <br><br>How can I make the toolbar available for Word's and Excel's Help screens? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Help window's Title Bar. HTH |:>) ...

Outlook only opens the 1st splash screen, never loads
I have tried every thing including reloading office, i can open the .pst file from another computer and it is fine. Any ideas??? Lynn Try renaming/deleting the file named outcmd.dat. (Note: This file is located in a hidden/system directory. Do not forget to configure Windows Explorer and/or the search option(s) accordingly.) "Lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52b801c47414$4cb2ca10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried every thing including reloading office, i can > open the .pst file from another computer and it is fine. > Any ideas?...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

Publisher 2007 will not open my old files
What to do? All of a sudden, my Publisher 2007 will not open any of my publisher files, even others done in publisher 2007. It crashes EVERY TIME. I have run Office Diagnostics twice, with no result. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 TWICE, still no change. Do I just abandon it and go back to Publisher 2003? I've run virus scans, defragged, tried other versions of these files, tried files done by others - NOTHING works. it will start a new project, but will not open an old project without crashing. Can I install Publisher 2003 and use it even though I have Office ...

SBS2008 RRAS service causes other servcies to crash
Would be VERY grateful if there is an expert eye that can be cast over my problem. I have an SBS2008 server which has been working fine for about 3 months. Just before christmas RRAS stopped So I manually started it and it stopped again. Then had a critical email notice saying all these services stopped The Application Experience service has been stopped. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service has been stopped. The Network Policy Server service has been stopped. The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service has been stopped. The IP Helper service has been stoppe...

Single buyers screen
For purchasing buyers a single screen that incorporates the function of po generator, the sales range inquiry, and inventory requirements in service call (if installed). This way a buyer has full view to be able to purchase and link and consoidate all items needing to be purchased ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

Resources
I understand there is a feature in Great Plains where I can pull up any screen in eEnterprise and see what column and table that text box is linked to? Is this true? What are the steps to get this information? ...

Brithdays & Anniversaries get recreated from time to time
Apparently Outlook occasionally (I guess at the begin of a year) recreates recurring appointments from the birthdays and anniversaries that it finds in my Contacts-entries. What's annying about this is, that for lots of birthdays I now have duplicates, i.e. TWO appointments. And what's desastrous is that all these new appointments have a reminder set at 12pm of that day. Thus, in the last couple of days repeatedly the alarm of my PDA has gone off to remind me of some friends birthday and woke up me and my wife at midnight (which each time caused some major quarrel and my PDA a...

Help: Outlook 2003 stops retrieving messages
Hi, I recently upgraded to a new laptop with a fresh install of Office 2003 / Windows XP SP2 and noticed Outlook stalls sometimes. It usually occurs after my laptop comes out of suspend but when I start outlook I won't be able to pull down any new messages from my exchange server. Furthermore when I click on the exchange server from within outlook it shows no new messages on the server. If I connect to the exchange server via webmail I can see all of my messages on the exchange inbox. The only way to fix this is to reboot my laptop, then I can pull down messages and see the exchange se...

Yahoo mail messages cause Outlook to crash
Some recent messages from Yahoo have caused my Outlook (Office 2003) to crash. I try to open the message, nothing happens for a while and then I get the window that says sorry, Outlook has to close, would I like to send an error message to Microsoft. Has anyone else had this problem? A friend noted that the Yahoo messages now include Yahoo! Messenger with Voice which seemed to be an embedded attachment and contains and HTML divider bar. No hidden graphic elements, however. Can somebody suggest a change of Outlook parameters that will prevent a crash? Thanks, Bill Edelstein Schenectady, NY ...

stop spamming
Hi at all! I have this configuration: MailServer (Exchange 2003) ----> Firewall (Watchguard Firebix X) -----> Router Telecom ---> Internet I have MCcafee antivirus. My problem is: A person with this email "rossi@libero.it" is receiving, one eache 16 minutes, emails containing WORM.SOBER.U virus, from my smtp server. I think there are 2 reasons: a) I have the virus and send the email Analizing the smtp log of Exchange server 2003, I have no emails forwarded to rossi@libero.it b) Someone in the world has the virus that use my server as SMTP server to send...

Money crashes when Investment Portfolio is selected
Whenever I select the Investment Portfolio, Money crashes with a message: "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I've tried removing the application (Money 2001) and re- installing it but the same problem occurs. The data is still there because I can see the amounts in the Reports section. But I can no longer access the Investment Portfolio to make changes or updates. In microsoft.public.money, Lynn W wrote: >Whenever I select the Investment Portfolio, Money crashes >with a message: "Microsoft Money...

IMS stops
I am running Exchange 5.5 with all available service packs on Win2K Every couple of days, the IMS just stops. Nothing in the event log. I restart it and everything is fine. Driving me crazy and don't know where to start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Dan "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIEhvbGFoYW4=?=" <DanHolahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:BDD00275-0096-4B02-BD4D-7E81843E3AD5 @microsoft.com: > I am running Exchange 5.5 with all available service packs on Win2K > Every couple of days, the IMS just stops. > Nothing in the event log. >...

Outlook Crashs Sending email
When on the contact page, in a contact file and choosing the send email icon, I get: Runtime Error! C:ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office10/OUTLOOK.EXE This also happens at other times, any ideas? ...

Pasting into Outlook 2003 produces blue question mark
I have a couple of users with a strange issue I've never seen before. When they copy and paste text from an email or the Internet into a new email message, a picture of the blue Help question mark appears. Using Outlook 2003 with SP3 and all other relevant updates. The "use MS Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" option is not checked. Thanks in advance. Little bit more info - it appears that the Office clipboard is not clearing and is pasting the help icon that is on the clipboard. Any thoughts on how to clear the clipboard without creating a batch file to ...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

CRichEditCtrl::CanPaste() crashes app if Dialog is created in worker thread
Hi I have workerthreads created with ::CreateThread that each creates and manages the life of a CDialog. If a dialog contains a richedit control and a call to CRichEditCtrl::CanPaste() is made the application crashes. It seems the crash occurs in winctrl4.cpp: BOOL CRichEditCtrl::CanPaste(UINT nFormat) in the call COleMessageFilter* pFilter = AfxOleGetMessageFilter(); It seems that if the thread is created using AfxBeginThread instead of ::CreateThread, the crash do not occur. I must however for other reasons create the threads using ::CreateThread Any ideas? best regards Anders Sandberg...

Blue Screens of Death (BSOD)
I've been getting one or two BOSDs per week on my new PC. I have an HP p6210t with 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version. I have no applications running that are 64 bit. One example, I am printing 35 copies of a picture on my HP B8550 printer. Somewhere in the middle of the printing, I get a BSOD. I have also had them running Word 2007, Excel 2007 (both 32 bit). Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my new PC the problem? Thanks. Tom From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I ...

Email and Tasks on Same Screen
Is there any way to view my inbox and my task list on the same screen? I can get my task list and calendar on the same screen, but it would be beneficial to have the task list and inbox showing at the same time Possible? Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the ad...