Autochk not found - skipping autocheck Help! 11-29-09

Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer.
It works fine.
When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk
is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting.
Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
Try to explain how i can fix this. :)

--
Simooon19
Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Simooon19

Contact the people who wrote your boot manager software.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Simooon19 wrote:
> Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer.
> It works fine.
> When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk
> is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting.
> Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
> Try to explain how i can fix this. :)

0
Leonard
11/29/2009 5:09:38 PM
Simooon19 wrote:
> Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer.
> It works fine.
> When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk
> is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting.
> Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
> Try to explain how i can fix this. :)

do this first:
boot with your XP cd
and from the recovery console run chkdsk /r

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058
0
philo

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

HELP: Assistance required with trying to calculate distances based on latitude and longitude
Hi All, I have been searching the net everywhere and have not been fruitful as yet. I did find formulas to determine distances but when i put them into an SQL statement they cause errors. it appears Access spits the dummy if you have a calculation that is too long. I first tried it in MS Query in Excel and it kept popping up a statement to the effect of an error, then i put it directly into Access and the colums results all show "#error". I constructed the calculation slowly, part by part and it was accepting the staged construction until towards the very end. I was attempti...

Please help! Displaying only rows with empty cells in a numeric field using Advanced Filter. Thanks
Folks I am learning how to use the Advanced Filter (Menus: Data, Filter, Advanced Filter). I can’t use Autofilter because in some cases I have to look for records that have to meet more than 2 conditions in the same field Some of the fields in the list that I am trying to filter have only numeric values. One of the conditions I am trying to define would allow me to filter the list exposing those rows in a numeric field that are blank (empty cells containing no data). I have tried using the following wildcard and formula combinations� <>* , =C11="" and <g … in the criter...

PLEASE HELP /can't send email
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Employment Application', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Meghan,I had the same problem.I changed the port from 25 to 587. Go to tools and click on opions,then click on advance, you'll find the ports in there.I hope this helped you, Johnny "Meghan Riley" wrote: > Your serve...

How can I not skip categories in my Chart?
I am using a Bar Graph chart using the Wizard. I have about 15 or so categories. The computer displays every "other" category (probably due to screen space). How can I get all the categories displayed? (making the font smaller is fine if that will do the trick!) Help! Thank you! Hi, Making the font smaller may have an effect on the algorithm deciding how many categorys to display so try it. You can also force the scale to display a fixed number of categories. Double click the axis and on the scale tab set the Number of categories between tick-mark labels to 1. Cheers An...

Depacco 09-30-08
Hello: I want to tell you about a great site I found. They pay me to read e-mail, visit web sites and much more. It's free to join and easy to sign up! CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=agamenon ...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Skipping Numbers in Styles and Numbering
I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For Example: Section.Subsection: 7.04 7.08 7.12 etc. We have a single level of a lengthy numbering format that needs this to occur. Is it possible? Yes. In W2007 you can right click on the number and choose _set numbering value_. Pam Jared wrote: >I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy >legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For >...

MsgBox 11-24-07
When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you like to print this document". If the operator Clicks on "no", then the MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how many copies would you like". is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it to produce the correct number. Cheers Steve You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this. In the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...