*Selective* restore using Files and Settings Transfer?

Before reinstalling XP from scratch on my seriously messed up system, I
ran the Files and Settings Transfer wizard, but I haven't yet tried
restring anything. The files I backed up separately anyway.

I have reinstalled the programs I want to use now -- with the exception
of the free-for-personal-use SecureZip Express that was made available a
couple of years ago. When I try to reinstall it and it "calls home," it
refuses to authenticate. PKWare's response to my tech support request is
to say that the free version is no longer available and that I could get
the free reader (reads/extracts only) or I could purchase the current
PKZip or SecureZip.

What are my chances of using Files and Settings Transfer to restore just
SecureZip Express and its associated registry entries so I can continue
using this program? Yes, I know that there are free zip/unzip
alternatives -- but not, AFAIK, for the encryption feature, should I
ever want to use it.

Perce
0
Percival

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

random select a percentage from a list
I am trying to randomly select a percentage from a list of 891 for assessment interviews. Do I use Rand ()*.1 for 10 percent of the selection? =RAND() gives you a number between 0 and 1 =RAND()*891 will give you a number between 0 and 891 You can round it to the nearest 1 with =ROUND(RAND()*891,0) If you only want to look at 10% of the 891, you can use =ROUND(RAND()*891*0.1,0) which will give you a number from 0 to 89. It is not clear exactly what you mean but i think you'll get what you need from what I have written. -- Allllen "Rocetman" wrot...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
I must figure out how to open PDF files in Word 2007. I am taking on line classes and work is shared in PDF format. I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop that came loaded with Windows 7. I have had it a week and need help. I tried to download the Microsoft PDF add on, but it did not work. I can only read code when I open incoming PDF files. The default program is listed as Word. What am I doing wrong? You don't. You need a PDF reader, the most common being Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download for free. It is huge and has some clever tools, but if you only want to read th...

Can't open NRL Files (.nrl)
Hi all I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL File (.nrl). I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you for your time reading this. "Wolfhorn" <Wolfhorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414B5A7D-8BD5-4476-9679-F2751B0F70FB@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL > File (.nrl). > I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can > help me that w...

format problem importing quicken files from Bank
Hi I have Money 2001 never used it until today. I am in Italy and my bank allows me to export bank statement in a quicken file. However when I import it into money - money misreads the format and takes the first punctuation mark as the decimal point. i.e. the amount euro 1.234,56 imports as 1,23 euro's instead of one thousand euros. My regional settings are set to italian with , being the decimal and . being a separator - however money takes the first , or . as the decimal Any ideas on how to fix this? regards Ski ...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...

received .pub file but don't have program to open it.
How do I know which version of publisher to get to open a file .pub I was sent. It contains a business card but I dont want to buy a full new version if it was created on an older version. Do you have Publisher? What version? What happens when you try to open it? Do you have Norton? Might disable "script blocking" in Norton and in Norton options, misc., disable Office Plug-in. If you still have no luck send the file to me and I will convert it to your version. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://...

unable to read file with "xlw" extension
I have an old but very important file with a "xlw" extension which I cannot open with Excel. When I tried to open it, some error message came up indicating the file cannot be accessed, as though the file is not there. Any idea? Sounds like a workspace file, which contains information about workbooks, but not the workbooks themselves. So the workbook files may not be able to be accessed... You'll need to find the workbook files. From XL Help ("Save a group of workbooks in a customized workspace") > You can open a group of workbooks in one step by creating a work...

counting rows depending on 2 selective values
Hi, well, I have lots of data and need to do some statistics on it. For that I need to count the number of rows "H" where a string value "X" is written but only if these rows also have cell which is NOT empty in column "E"... the if stuff drives me crazy (especially as i have a spanish version...) any help appreciated :) -- Acid-Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

Automatic transfer of data from one worksheet to another
I have two spread sheets, let's call them A and B. A could be considered the master work sheet. It has 15 columns A -O. The B worksheet has 13 columns, all of them which come from A. I have deleted Columns L and N in A when the data is transferred to worksheet B. I would like to know what the process is to set these up so that when I add or delete new information to or from A, it automatically transfers the same information to B, exclusive of columns L and N. Thanks very much Lewis Shaks How about a simple cell linking function? Look at column A in Worksheet B as an example. Lin...

Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing
Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose: view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong? System is Win XP pro and Office XP. This happens to all .xls files... TIA Regards, Alfred Hi Alfred, Try the following steps: 1. Exit Excel 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel...

Corel Quattro file Coversion Help
I am attempting to convert multiple large linked Corel Quatro spreadsheets to Excel. Does any one know of a converter? I have tried using Microsofts pubilshed converter for Excel 2000. However everytime I attempt to open a Quattro .wb3 file with the converter it locks excel up. Any ideas????? ...

Using lparam in cheaderctrl
Hi there, I know that when insertcolumn is called from inside a clistctrl, it takes care of calling methods in header control to add the header text. However is there a way of sending some more information. I want to make use of the cheaderctrl's (HD_ITEM'S) lparam which is supposed to be an application define lparam. Can I do this at the time of inserting the columns? If not, when and how can I do it? Because then when I get a notification of onheaderclicked, I want to be able to read the value stored in this lparam to do stuff accordingly. Thank you. I think it's kinda anno...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

transfer an excel work sheet to Paint #3
hello, i am writing a computer assignment for university. So we are asked to give anb instruction to how to use the excel. now i would need to know how to copy parts of the excel work book to word or paint so i can show the users where to go to... it's so urgent.... the submission is in an hour!!! i would appreciate your help guys. see ya ...

COUNTIF using 2 ranges??
OK, here's the deal. I have a worksheet with about 500 rows of data, o each row has a unique ticket number, a type code (1-9) and a compan name (about 20 different companies) What I need to do is get th results for each company and each code. Therefor, the number o tickets that belong to company XYZ that have a code of 3 would b entered into one field. Then 4, 5, 6 etc. I have tried COUNTIF and array formulas but have has no success. I you have any ideas, please share. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Snickstx, a pivot table will give you what you are looking...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
I am trying to use an IIF statement to have a filed calculate based on another field having either Yes or No in it. The fields are: TotalTuitions - all the tuitions added together MultiClassTrigger - Yes/No fiield MultiClassDisc - 10% discount to be calculated depending on Yes/No IIF statement - MultiClassDisc:IIf([MultiClassTrigger]=Yes,[TotalTuitions]*0.1,0) This will work the first time that Yes is selected in the Trigger field but then the value will stay when I change the Trigger field back to No. With No selected it should change the discount field back to zero. ...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Is a XML file Does not Support XSL and XSD operation together.
Dear Experts, Check out the following XML, XSl and XSD document. If i use XML file without XSD defination it applies XSL style and If i include the XSD document. Nothing is getting displayed in the browser. Is that mean XSL and XSD can not be apply together on a XML file. ? or I am doing something wrong ? Thanks Samir --- ---- XML Document --------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ch_5_NewsPaper_Style_1.xsl"?> <!-- <NEWSPAPERDATA xmlns="http://tempuri.org/ch_5_NewsPaper_Styl...

scanost can not open file
I used to be connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server & therefore my Outlook works off an .ost file. However I no longer work for that company so I cannot link to the Exhange Server. However my .ost file has become currupt some how & I've tried running scanost.exe directly by going through program files, but it will not let me run it as it says that Outlook is not closed or some program that uses Outlook is running & therefore will not scan the .ost file. Has anyone a idea of what I can do please? Eddie If you are no longer connecting to the Exchange server, w...

subform used for changing mainform record
Hello. I have a main form that has a tabcontrol on it. One of the tabs has a subform on it that will list the many of the mainform's one. This is a parent/child hierarchy set up. So the parents and children are all in one table. A parent can also be a child and a child can also be a parent. Anyway, below is the code that I originally used for making the change. Now it does not and I do not see why. The button that I am using is inside the subform that when used takes and changes the mainform to the selected record and the subform as well. The txtChangeRequestID is the...

Attempting to call a sub from another wb using a Userform option b
Please assist. I have an userform that has several options button each calls a sub proc from another workbook I am getting run-time error 1004 Method Run of object_Application failed when I click on the button when the other workbook close . When the workbook is open I am getting run-time error 1004 Cannot run the macro wbMain.xlsm!cmdOpenfile. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.but with a different reason. My macros options are enabled and has trusted access. I am baffled because the code is very simple: Application.run "...

How to save & transfer email from Outlook to new computer
I'm trying to export my current email from Microsoft outlook to outlook on my new computer. I try to use export but does not work. Please provide detailed instructions. Thanks Are you using Exchange Server or a local Personal Folders file? Could you elaborate on "does not work?" What are you trying and what does not work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d201c3ab60$d4923e70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to export my current email from Microsoft > outlook to outlook on my new comp...