Power supply

I have been advised to get a better PSU because the ampage on the 12V is too
low (20A) for my system.  This came about due to corruption of my graphics
when running 3D games.

Where can I verify this?

Phenom II x2 550 black
MSI 770-c45 Bios v1.4
PNY 1GB gt220 PCIe graphics card (no 12v power socket)
2 x 2gb crucial 10600 memory
1 x usb printer
1 x usb All in one
1 x usb joystick
Microsoft deskset 700 usb
1 x SATA combo optical drive
1 x SATA WD 320gb HDD blue
1 x CPU fan
2 x system fans

windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Lee,  you can check this helpful forum post.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261074-31-wattage-computer-need

"LeeG" <lee.gorton(removethis)@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have been advised to get a better PSU because the ampage on the 12V is
>too
> low (20A) for my system.  This came about due to corruption of my graphics
> when running 3D games.
>
> Where can I verify this?
>
> Phenom II x2 550 black
> MSI 770-c45 Bios v1.4
> PNY 1GB gt220 PCIe graphics card (no 12v power socket)
> 2 x 2gb crucial 10600 memory
> 1 x usb printer
> 1 x usb All in one
> 1 x usb joystick
> Microsoft deskset 700 usb
> 1 x SATA combo optical drive
> 1 x SATA WD 320gb HDD blue
> 1 x CPU fan
> 2 x system fans

0
Rich
1/11/2010 6:38:02 PM
LeeG wrote:
> I have been advised to get a better PSU because the ampage on the 12V is too
> low (20A) for my system.  This came about due to corruption of my graphics
> when running 3D games.
>
> Where can I verify this?
>
> Phenom II x2 550 black
> MSI 770-c45 Bios v1.4
> PNY 1GB gt220 PCIe graphics card (no 12v power socket)
> 2 x 2gb crucial 10600 memory
> 1 x usb printer
> 1 x usb All in one
> 1 x usb joystick
> Microsoft deskset 700 usb
> 1 x SATA combo optical drive
> 1 x SATA WD 320gb HDD blue
> 1 x CPU fan
> 2 x system fans

Phenom II x2 550 black   80W, 80W/12V * (1/0.90) = 7.4A from 12V2
(Assumes 90% Vcore conversion efficiency.)

LOL :-) GT220 = 22.9W max!  22.9W/12V = 1.9A from 12V1
Overload. Um, sure... There are ten year old video cards that draw more power.
This isn't even going to stress the pins in the video card slot.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf-210-gt220_5.html#sect0

HDD = 12V @ 0.6A and 5V @ 1A.   12V would be from 12V1 rail
ODD = 12V @ 1.5A and 5V @ 1.5A. 12V would be from 12V1 rail

Estimate of all fans - 12V @ 0.5A (check what is printed on the hub of each fan)
The fans run from 12V1.

Now, assuming we used an older supply, where all the current came from one
rail, 7.4+1.9+0.6+1.5+0.5 = 11.9 amps total from 12V rail

If the power supply was split into 12V1 and 12V2, and had current
limiters inserted in each rail, I suppose you could come up with
a way to make the box fall over, but somehow I doubt this is the problem.
Post a picture of the label of the power supply (find one on the Internet and
post a link) if you want more info.

*******

The corruption of the graphics, could be a bad graphics card.

My advice would normally be, to set up an alternative testing environment.
Either compare your existing Windows install with its graphics problems,
to a fresh install on a second hard drive (to eliminate an obscure problem
with the files currently on the machine). Or, use a separate OS and
test there. For some kinds of problems, I use Linux, but graphics is
not one of its stronger suits. It is pretty hard to make a stressful
test in Linux, where you can be certain the GPU is getting a workout.

If from one OS boot, you get corrupted graphics, and in the other
environment, the corruption is gone, you'd suspect the original OS
as having a problem of some sort (driver or whatever). If both environments
(say comparing Windows to Linux) had corruption problems, you'd know immediately
to return the video card to the retailer. I had one computer here, where
even sitting idle in a Linux desktop, I could see a graphics problem,
so sometimes you get lucky. But if the video card problem is only
present under stress, Linux has a hard time duplicating the stress of
a Windows setup.

At 22.9W, it is hard to blame the power supply.

If you want another test, try running Prime95 and getting that 80W processor
to run flat out. Your processor can draw more power than the video card,
so if it was a power supply problem, you might see a problem while the
CPU was loaded up. See if the box crashes with that test running.

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft      (p95v259.zip)

If you keep getting errors in Prime95, you have issues other than the
video card.

    Paul
0
Paul
1/11/2010 7:00:38 PM
Hi Paul.

A brief resume of my problem.  Built new system.  Graphics card (inno3d
GT220 1GB)went BSOD on me.  RMA'd replacement which BSOD'd.  Rma'd new
card(as stated).  No BSOD as yet but some graphics corruption after a short
time of running 3D games.  PSU is WIN POWER 450W.  Been told I need 32A on
12V for this system on a single rail.

When problem first happened I ran Prime95 and memtest to see if the new
build was the cause of the BSOD.  All tests where okay.  I can run my 7300GT
with no problems.  I do not want to damage this new card and want to
hopefully find the problem before this happens.

LeeG wrote:
> Hi Paul.
>
> A brief resume of my problem.  Built new system.  Graphics card (inno3d
> GT220 1GB)went BSOD on me.  RMA'd replacement which BSOD'd.  Rma'd new
> card(as stated).  No BSOD as yet but some graphics corruption after a short
> time of running 3D games.  PSU is WIN POWER 450W.  Been told I need 32A on
> 12V for this system on a single rail.
>
> When problem first happened I ran Prime95 and memtest to see if the new
> build was the cause of the BSOD.  All tests where okay.  I can run my 7300GT
> with no problems.  I do not want to damage this new card and want to
> hopefully find the problem before this happens.

I checked the reviews on Newegg, for various GT220 cards, and I don't see
a lot of problems mentioned there.

Is the fan on the graphics card running OK ?

What about the overclocking situation. Is the card clocked higher than the
competition ? Does the card have a temperature sensor ? (I can't tell here,
because the other tabs in GPU-z aren't shown.)

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/images/review/Inno3D_GT220/inno3d_gt220_12.jpg

You can get GPU-z here. It is under 500KB.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1709/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.3.8.html

I don't know if SpeedFan has a working GPU temperature readout or not.
My video card is too old for such things :-(

http://www.almico.com/speedfan440.exe

There is some mention here of support for Nvidia video cards.

http://www.almico.com/sfhistory.php

Since you've tried two cards, I assume the video card cooler was attached well
on at least one of them. Maybe if you can manage to read out the temperature
of the GPU on the video card, you'll have a better idea whether there is a
temperature issue.

    Paul

> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> LeeG wrote:
>>> I have been advised to get a better PSU because the ampage on the 12V is too
>>> low (20A) for my system.  This came about due to corruption of my graphics
>>> when running 3D games.
>>>
>>> Where can I verify this?
>>>
>>> Phenom II x2 550 black
>>> MSI 770-c45 Bios v1.4
>>> PNY 1GB gt220 PCIe graphics card (no 12v power socket)
>>> 2 x 2gb crucial 10600 memory
>>> 1 x usb printer
>>> 1 x usb All in one
>>> 1 x usb joystick
>>> Microsoft deskset 700 usb
>>> 1 x SATA combo optical drive
>>> 1 x SATA WD 320gb HDD blue
>>> 1 x CPU fan
>>> 2 x system fans
>>>

>> Phenom II x2 550 black   80W, 80W/12V * (1/0.90) = 7.4A from 12V2
>> (Assumes 90% Vcore conversion efficiency.)
>>
>> LOL :-) GT220 = 22.9W max!  22.9W/12V = 1.9A from 12V1
>> Overload. Um, sure... There are ten year old video cards that draw more power.
>> This isn't even going to stress the pins in the video card slot.
>>
>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf-210-gt220_5.html#sect0
>>
>> HDD = 12V @ 0.6A and 5V @ 1A.   12V would be from 12V1 rail
>> ODD = 12V @ 1.5A and 5V @ 1.5A. 12V would be from 12V1 rail
>>
>> Estimate of all fans - 12V @ 0.5A (check what is printed on the hub of each fan)
>> The fans run from 12V1.
>>
>> Now, assuming we used an older supply, where all the current came from one
>> rail, 7.4+1.9+0.6+1.5+0.5 = 11.9 amps total from 12V rail
>>
>> If the power supply was split into 12V1 and 12V2, and had current
>> limiters inserted in each rail, I suppose you could come up with
>> a way to make the box fall over, but somehow I doubt this is the problem.
>> Post a picture of the label of the power supply (find one on the Internet and
>> post a link) if you want more info.
>>
>> *******
>>
>> The corruption of the graphics, could be a bad graphics card.
>>
>> My advice would normally be, to set up an alternative testing environment.
>> Either compare your existing Windows install with its graphics problems,
>> to a fresh install on a second hard drive (to eliminate an obscure problem
>> with the files currently on the machine). Or, use a separate OS and
>> test there. For some kinds of problems, I use Linux, but graphics is
>> not one of its stronger suits. It is pretty hard to make a stressful
>> test in Linux, where you can be certain the GPU is getting a workout.
>>
>> If from one OS boot, you get corrupted graphics, and in the other
>> environment, the corruption is gone, you'd suspect the original OS
>> as having a problem of some sort (driver or whatever). If both environments
>> (say comparing Windows to Linux) had corruption problems, you'd know immediately
>> to return the video card to the retailer. I had one computer here, where
>> even sitting idle in a Linux desktop, I could see a graphics problem,
>> so sometimes you get lucky. But if the video card problem is only
>> present under stress, Linux has a hard time duplicating the stress of
>> a Windows setup.
>>
>> At 22.9W, it is hard to blame the power supply.
>>
>> If you want another test, try running Prime95 and getting that 80W processor
>> to run flat out. Your processor can draw more power than the video card,
>> so if it was a power supply problem, you might see a problem while the
>> CPU was loaded up. See if the box crashes with that test running.
>>
>> http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft      (p95v259.zip)
>>
>> If you keep getting errors in Prime95, you have issues other than the
>> video card.
>>
>>     Paul
>> .

0
Paul
1/11/2010 10:27:07 PM
Hi paul.

On all cards the fans were/are running okay and no temp issue, (this was one
of my first concerns - checked the whole system).  MY mobo can be overclocked
but not doing that right now.  Need to stabilise the graphics card before
attempting anything like that.  I can't find any tech data on the psu I have.
 With the graphics card drawing its power from the mobo instead of having a
seperate molex power supply, is this what the advice concerning a new power
supply is based on.  Too much power being drawn from rail one.

LeeG wrote:
> Hi paul.
>
> On all cards the fans were/are running okay and no temp issue, (this was one
> of my first concerns - checked the whole system).  MY mobo can be overclocked
> but not doing that right now.  Need to stabilise the graphics card before
> attempting anything like that.  I can't find any tech data on the psu I have.
>  With the graphics card drawing its power from the mobo instead of having a
> seperate molex power supply, is this what the advice concerning a new power
> supply is based on.  Too much power being drawn from rail one.

Your 12V2 is 7.4A (that is the 2x2 cable powering the processor).

Your 12V1 is the rest, which is 4.5 amps. Only 2.4 amps of that
(video card plus fans) comes through the main power supply cable. The
rest of the current is via Molex hard drive power connectors and the
like.

The currents involved are pretty small.

If the power supply wasn't working properly, and was delivering abnormally
low voltage, or was placing electrical noise on a voltage rail, that
could cause problems. But the thing is, you note video corruption,
without the computer crashing. Which suggests a problem local to the
video card itself. You would expect a wider variety of symptoms,
like other things complaining about power. (A hard drive, for example,
will spin down and spin up again, if it detects even a slight drop
in the 12V feeding it.)

But without any other symptoms other than glitches on the video card
output, I'd have to assume it is some problem with just the video card.
And drawing 1.9 amps through motherboard copper tracks, shouldn't be
an issue - I don't think this is going to be the result of a motherboard
design issue.

You could use a multimeter to verify the voltages from the supply if
you want, but most people end up unsatisfied after doing those measurements.
(Problems are seldom detected with just a multimeter.)

I have a clamp-on DC ammeter, and that is handy for detecting accidental
shorts or overloads. It is a nice instrument, but at about $300, isn't
a good investment for a home repair situation. A $20 multimeter from
the hardware store is what most people can afford, and making only
voltage measurements with one, doesn't usually lead to an "aha!" moment.
My clamp-on ammeter is contactless - you clamp it around a bundle
of wires, and it tells you how much current is flowing. In about
30 seconds of measurements, I have a pretty good picture of current
flow from 3.3V, 5V, 12V and so on.  Measuring the voltage may sometimes
show a power supply with a problem, but I wouldn't expect it to be that
easy most of the time.

Do you have any other symptoms to add ? Are the BSODs ? Anything showing
up in the Event log ?

Perhaps it boils down to you getting two bad cards in a row.

Another question for you - did you remember to uninstall the 7300GT driver,
while the 7300GT was still in the computer ? Then, install the new video
card, and install a driver for it ? If you've been flipping cards in and
out, without changing drivers, I can't imagine the software being very
happy.

I learned that the hard way. I kept changing video cards, leaving the
old drivers in, and just installing over top when the next video card
came along. Then one day, I couldn't get one of the acceleration settings
to work on my video card any more. I tried driver cleaners, I tried
uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them, and nothing fixed it. I
had to reinstall the OS to clean up the mess. Now, I'm a bit more
careful, to remove the old driver, before installing the new hardware.

    Paul
0
Paul

Power point crossed with data
I'm designing a data base that has a power point look to the presentation of reports like a slide show updated with forms any help would be nice ...

Supplying the "Executable for debug session" in custom AppWizard projects
I have implemented a custom AppWizard and I would like to have it set the "Executable for debug session" and "Program arguments" fields for generated projects, and even have it add to the Additional DLLs list (all of these items are under the Debug tab of the project settings dialog). But I can not find any way to do this through the COM object model for the VStudio IDE. Is this capability simply undocumented or is it not possible period? Dejanews and google searches reveal that this question has been asked a handful of times over the last few years, all without a si...

power point slide won't print text, only prints backgr image.
My Power Point slide won't print the text. All I get is the background image and the title. ...

Power Options
I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2. Until recently, the power settings worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15 minutes of idle time). Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the display stays on all the time). I haven't checked the other settings yet. Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions for a solution? Sorry, but I tried to cross-post to two groups and NEITHER group posted my message. So I posted them individually. ...

Monitor problem. Blinking power light no display
I have a Hyundai L90D+ monitor that served me well for the last couple of years till yesterday. It worked as the extended monitor in Dual View recently and all was fine. Suddenly after starting the computer yesterday there was no image on the monitor and the power LED which normally is blue when the monitor is on now keeps blinking orange or goes off completely for a second or so. Most of the time it stays blue though. I have to press the power button a couple of times now to turn it off. Any ideas? yaro time to replace the monitor "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com>...

Power Wattage Supply calculator link
I was checking something out at the NVIDIA web-site FAQ's for my older graphics card. I found this by accident and with quite a lot of joy. Take it for wat you will. Anyways....Here's the link to ASUSTek's site where you can get a rough(?) estimate for the power supply you may need: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyCalculator/PSCalculator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us If anyone else has another site, or has anything to add, please do so. "Brian V" <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5FA38ED-69D1-4679-A680-22E33B6259EE@microsoft.co...

Hong Kong Trade Supply: Product Shop
Business Warehouse =96 Retail Goods Wholesale Wholesale Trading Supply Hong Kong (Asia), United Kingdom, & U.S.A. Trade Confederation Chain in association exporting electronic components, technology, outlet, precious minerals, domestic stocks such as furniture, medical, mobile telephones, computers, office and business equipment=92s, tools, items watches, building material, literature, books, audio=92s, film and music, industrial tools, safety and protection, leather, craftmanwares, military materials, sports equipment, fishing equipment, outdoor outright and outlet, wine, work of art...

Weekly incremental data
Hi, I am having trouble understanding if MS ACCESS supports reporting on a weekly basis, based on data that is delivered in a incremental file (updated weekly) where data travels through status changes based on date fields that are populated. I will give an example. FILE1: WEEK 3 - current status report (date 15-jan) rec_id | prod_date | trans_date | deliv_date | calculated status 1 1-jan 4-jan 6-jan | delivered 2 1-jan 6-jan 12-jan | delivered 3 8-jan 12-jan | on transport 4 ...

power point
how do I lock a power point so the viewer can only see full screen when I send it via email? File | Save As and choose PowerPoint Show (*.PPS or *.PPSX) from the Save As Type dropdown. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "gooddagored" <gooddagored@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D051C35-84E6-4629-8856-3720824D2CD9@microsoft.com... > how do I lock...

Power Surge USP Ports In Front Of Dimension 5150
Power Surge USP Ports In Front Of Dimension 5150 What are some causes of a Power Surge On Hub Port ? XP Home / Srv Pak 3. HID-compliant consumer control device USB Human Interface Device (2x) HID Keyboard Device Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub (5x) Dell.Dimension.5150.DM051_3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium.4_Bus.Clock.800 megahertz.htm The USB ports(2) in the front have problems. The same camera, printer, phone, flash drive, etc that is plugged into the REAR ports have an error message when plugged into the FRONT...

power options properties help me understand
I have recently re done my laptop, running windows xp, sp3, I am unsure what to set in the power options properties. My laptop is always plugged into power sourse, so I do not keep battery in all the time. I was told to , by dell, to shut down over night when not using it. Ok, but in the daytime if I am away where do I leave it in- do I log off, go to standby or hibernate?I do not see a sleep button on my keyboard- very confusing- at the moment this is what I have done-turn off moniter-never-plugged in-turn off hard disks-never- system standby-never- system hibernates-never-unde...

Convert Power Point presentation
I have old presentation that I need to convert from "read me only file" so I can edit or redo it. Can you email me. (Vista Home Addition). Thanks Jamesjhdr22@yahoo.com Jim wrote: > I have old presentation that I need to convert from "read me only > file" so I can edit or redo it. Can you email me. (Vista Home > Addition). > Thanks > Jamesjhdr22@yahoo.com =================================== Did you try opening the file in MS PowerPoint? -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer ...

China Factory Supply POS Printer,Mobile Printer,Panel Printer
Hello Sir/Madam. This is sara from china ,we abtained your company information from the website, i am sending this letter to you because want to know if we can build a business relationship . We are the factory we have supplied our customers with advanced panel miniprinters, POS receipt printers, portable printers and LCD module more than 10 years . Our Micro Panel Printer hold a 40% market share in China. We have excellent printer such as POS88IV,which has a high printing speed of 250mm/s and outstanding function like Epson 88IV ,but the price is much more reasonable than it. http://...

Cannot open 2003 Excel .xls file named Power Gas Details.xls
I opened this file today and added some formating of columns, etc and some numbers to the spread sheet. I saved it. I tried to reopen later and got error messages 1) Excel cannot open the file. It may be write only or encripted (I did not deliberately set a pass word or encript?), 2) Excel cannot open this file, I don't know why as it did earlier? I have previously downloaded vewiers from Microsoft with the understanding that these viewers would be able to open old spread sheets or other older items in previous versions of Excel. I not have Excel 2003 and have been using for a long ...

Anyone used power track tools for CRM?
Hi, I found the http://www.axonom.com/pt_index.html on google. Did anyone have any experience with their products? I am looking for an addon tool to allow me to create a product page which has a Excle like view has titels on the first row. Thanks, ...

outlook is blocking me from emailing power point slide shows
I have been creating slide shows for a few years mostly for my own amusement. Iv'e decided to begin sharing some to family. I immediatly found that outlook ( OE ) was blocking my attempts because they contained potentual virus's. I thought it must be something I'm doing so I read up a bit and discoverd I wasn't saving them as a slide show or a single web page, so I did both several times, still to no avail. I should mention that I am sending digital photos. ...

How to write ten to the second power(10 square).
I am writing a report that requires this. Use superscript text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "ollie" <ollie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7587BCB7-E72D-4B1A-8428-BA8EC4086959@microsoft.com... >I am writing a report that requires this. WORD 2007 You need to superscript the 2 (highlight the 2 / Home / Font group / click on arrow in lower right hand corner / Font window should launch / Font tab / place a tick (check) in the Superscript box and hit OK...

Power Meter and volume Control in Task Bar
I cannot get the power meter and volume control to stay in the task bar. I check it to appear in the task bar, it does and then when I restart they disappear. Any suggestions? -- SD In control panel---sounds and audio devices do you have a check in "volume control in task bar"? What is 'power meter'? "dendinsd" <dendinsd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FFDCB2A-5C57-43C5-B744-31BCF7CBE2DD@microsoft.com... >I cannot get the power meter and volume control to stay in the task bar. I > check it to appear in the task bar...

Power Point Viewer
PP Viewer opens the pps file and plays the music but doesn't show the slides or for that matter alter the desktop view in any way. I can not find a single response anywhere from any one else having this problem. Thanks, Is it possible the Viewer is "displaying" on a 2nd monitor that doesn't exist? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "just.wrong" <justw...

Power Point file not supported
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi Everybody, I am trying to open this ppt file that opens everywhere but on my latest version of office for mac. Anybody got a recommendation? It says "This file has an older format that isn't supported". It's an important slideshow for university and it sucks that it doesn't open... And it's chapter 12 and every other chapter opens!! Thanks in advance, Best, Dave lovedave@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Intel > >...

Cannot update Office, comp claims word and power point open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was complete I checked for updates, and began installation of a necessary update. However, a window came up saying I could not continue with installation until I closed out of Word and Power Point. Neither Word nor Power Point are open. I tried opening them and closing them and it still says they are open and need to be closed. <kt20w@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was > complete I...

Incomplete SO after Power Outage
Hi All, I'm a GP newbie. We've just started using GP 9.0 for a month. We have a power outage and a Sales Order a user was working in has ended "somewhere". I can see it listed in the SOP Document Inquiry under the Unposted, but not History. It doesn't have anything on it except Item Number and Quantity Ordered. I've tried to use GP Utilities to remove it but GP failed. I'm about to remove it from the Tables in SQL, but just a cautiion: Are there other tables I should look to remove the document besides SOP10100 & SOP10200? Any help appreciated, T...

Problem in attaching a USB Powered keyboard of IBM surepos 500
We have a problem in installing in IBM Sure POS 500 In the Duty Free environment in Qatar. They have purchased IBm POS machines. We have a problem in using the Keypad attached to the IBM POS machine. We are not able to activate the keypad. Cash drawer, Printer, Customer display are working fine and MSR. Please let us know if there are any documentation and can MRMS work with this Dynamic key attached along with the Touch screen, The display is a 12" IBM 4820-2GB and the Keypad that attached to this display is called a "keypad with MSR", its model number is 4820-6322 ...

sharing a power point presentation
I need to give to a friend a power point presentation I prepared using PP-2002 but he does not have MS-Office in his computer. I followed instructions from power point help files to "package" the presentation. Since I plan to run the packaged presentation on a computer that does not have Microsoft PowerPoint installed, I needed to include the Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer in the package. I downloaded and installed the viewer in my computer and then, in the "pack and Go" wizard, when I get to the point to select the option to include the viewer, that option is ...

Power Point
I am having trouble with Power Point and don't know how I have a blank screen in the Slide Show and not on the Slides with numbers beside them. HELP! Is it the last 'slide?' If so, you might have the PP option of 'end with black slide' enabled. Check Tools | Options... | View tab Also, you should ask PP questions in the PP newsgroup. Much higher probability of resolving your problems if you do. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AC3A117...