merging images in Scanner Wizard

I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images I
scan using the document feeder.  If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
separate jpegs, when I want just one single file.  How can I set the Scanner
Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
merged files?
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images
> scan using the document feeder.  If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
> separate jpegs, when I want just one single file.  How can I set the
> Scanner
> Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
> merged files?

Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
wizard."  Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent programs
and settings for the scanner program.

Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program, etc would
be really nice to know for us to help you?

0
LVTravel
4/7/2010 1:17:55 PM
I'm using a Brother MFC-8500.  However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
Accessories.

"LVTravel" wrote:

> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images
> > scan using the document feeder.  If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
> > separate jpegs, when I want just one single file.  How can I set the
> > Scanner
> > Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
> > merged files?
>
> Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
> wizard."  Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
> After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent programs
> and settings for the scanner program.
>
> Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program, etc would
> be really nice to know for us to help you?
>
> .

Output as TIF files, that way you may have multiple pages in the file.

Mike Row Soft wrote:

> I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images I
> scan using the document feeder.  If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
> separate jpegs, when I want just one single file.  How can I set the Scanner
> Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
> merged files?

0
Bob
4/7/2010 4:07:45 PM

> I'm using a Brother MFC-8500.  However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
> Accessories.
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>

>> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge
>> > images
>> > scan using the document feeder.  If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
>> > separate jpegs, when I want just one single file.  How can I set the
>> > Scanner
>> > Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
>> > merged files?
>>
>> Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
>> wizard."  Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
>> After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent
>> programs
>> and settings for the scanner program.
>>
>> Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program, etc
>> would
>> be really nice to know for us to help you?
>>
>> .

OK, have you tried to use the Brother software as the scanner software,
(using my Epson I prefer to use their scanning software for document feeder
scanning to MS Document imaging which is part of Office and have never use
the XP scanner software so I didn't even remember it existed, sorry.)

What you are seeing is normally what you should see when scanning pages of
anything.  Try Bob I's suggestion because TIF files can have more than one
image in the file (but can be a bear of a job using them in other programs.)

What is your ultimate goal in scanning the images?  Single images can be
used in almost any program to create what you want.  We just don't know what
you want to accomplish with the scanned document.

0
LVTravel
4/8/2010 1:02:08 AM

LVTravel wrote:

> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> I'm using a Brother MFC-8500.  However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
>> Accessories.
>>
>> "LVTravel" wrote:
>>

>>> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> get 10
>>> single
>>>
>>> Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
>>> wizard."  Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
>>> After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent
>>> programs
>>> and settings for the scanner program.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program,
>>> etc would
>>> be really nice to know for us to help you?
>>>
>>> .
>>>

> OK, have you tried to use the Brother software as the scanner software,
> (using my Epson I prefer to use their scanning software for document
> feeder scanning to MS Document imaging which is part of Office and have
> never use the XP scanner software so I didn't even remember it existed,
> sorry.)
>
> What you are seeing is normally what you should see when scanning pages
> of anything.  Try Bob I's suggestion because TIF files can have more
> than one image in the file (but can be a bear of a job using them in
> other programs.)
>
> What is your ultimate goal in scanning the images?  Single images can be
> used in almost any program to create what you want.  We just don't know
> what you want to accomplish with the scanned document.

Multi-page tiff are handled by MS Document Imaging, Windows Picture and
Fax Viewer, as well as 3rd party fax software and Adobe Acrobat.

0
Bob

> LVTravel wrote:
>>

>> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I'm using a Brother MFC-8500.  However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
>>> Accessories.

>> OK, have you tried to use the Brother software as the scanner software,
>> (using my Epson I prefer to use their scanning software for document
>> feeder scanning to MS Document imaging which is part of Office and have
>> never use the XP scanner software so I didn't even remember it existed,
>> sorry.)
>>
>> What you are seeing is normally what you should see when scanning pages
>> of anything.  Try Bob I's suggestion because TIF files can have more than
>> one image in the file (but can be a bear of a job using them in other
>> programs.)
>>
>> What is your ultimate goal in scanning the images?  Single images can be
>> used in almost any program to create what you want.  We just don't know
>> what you want to accomplish with the scanned document.
>
> Multi-page tiff are handled by MS Document Imaging, Windows Picture and
> Fax Viewer, as well as 3rd party fax software and Adobe Acrobat.

I understand you response back to me but I would still like to know what the
OP is trying to do to see if a multi-page image file is really necessary.

As I am not a fan of MS Document Imaging (I have used it but just think
other programs do a better job) I don't need the .tif file format.  When I
scan multipage documents I prefer to have each page as a separate file
(unless running an OCR scan with my OmniPage 16 program.)  That way I can
use the images much more efficiently in programs that don't handle
multi-image .tif files well or at all.

0
LVTravel

Report Wizard Error #2
We are using CRM 4.0 and would like to start using the report wizard. I can create the report without any problems, but when I try to run even a very basic report (single entity, no grouping) I get this error: Error Description: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Error Details: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Full Stack: [ReportServerException: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'fn_FindUserGuid', database 'Greater_Twin_Cities_United_Way_MSCRM', schema 'dbo'.] [ReportServerExc...

Lining Scale to Merged Cells
Is there a way to set the Y axis minimum and maximum using a link to a merged cell range? Example: Cell Range M20:O29 Value entered 65% Cell Range M15:O15 Value entered 115% I want to be able to change the scale in the worksheet without having to format the scale in the chart itself. Would this be done with VBA in the worksheet module where the chart is imbedded? Thanks, Phil Hi Phil, There is no in built way to do this. But have a look at Jon's page, which also includes a reference to Tushar's Auto chart manager. (http://peltiertech.co...

Excel Template Wizards
Hello, For tracking department purchases using Purchase Orders, we had created a Purchase Order Template and database using Excel 2000's Template Wizards. This worked out extremely well and was a fast, easy solution to keeping track of individual department purchases from vendors. In Excel 2003, the template wizards have been removed because of the Office Online add-ons and downloads. When loading up the template created in office 2000, 2003 does not use the tools provided in the original template, such as a "Pur Order" toolbar that brings up the next PO number to be us...

Leban's ReporttoPDF compressed images
Hi all. Im using Leban's ReportToPDF tool to export Access reports to PDF and convert them to Word XML using PDFBOX (great java library too). My conversion tool is almost finished but I see that images coming from the PDF appear a bit compressed. Here's my question: Is there a way to have that images uncompressed? Yes, I've seen the comment at VBA code: 'CompressionLevel - not hooked up yet May be in the future? (That's a personal question to Stephen but I preferred to post it here and not disturb him with my emails) I cant believe how Access cannot export direct to Word ...

Merge and Centre
This is my sheet SLR NO. NAME POINTS REDEEM POINTS TOTAL 001 HARDEEP 4500.00 2000.00 4500.00 002 HARDEEP 4500.00 2000.00 4500.00 003 JOHN 8500.00 1200.00 8500.00 004 WILLS 10500.00 5000.00 10500.00 005 WILLS 10500.00 5000.00 10500.00 006 DAVE 9500.00 4000.00 9500.00 007 DAVE 9500.00 4000...

Image as cell value
I've worked up a "bingo" game using Excel that I have used on many different occasions with good success. It easily permits custom lists of values and uses a series of RAND() and RANK() functions to populate all of the game pieces. Recently, my wife hosted a baby shower and wanted me to adapt my worksheet for "Baby Shower Bingo", with things like diapers and rattles in the cells. However, she wanted pictures instead of words. I ended up using my fuctions to populate each cell with the name of the baby item and them manually dragging the corresponding image into each cel...

merging list with standard range
I am trying to make a spreadsheet that contains a column of department with identical formulas in the remaining columns. since i am using th deparment code, the formulas will look up the information i nee elsewhere. ie: 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 1 82.14 80.77 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 2 69.64 69.23 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 3 62.50 61.54 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 1 #N/A #N/A 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 2 #N/A #N/A 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 3 #N/A #N/A I can create this by copying and pasting the formulas and the replacing the department code one by one. ho...

Backgorund images
Is there anyway that I can put a picture as a background to a worksheet. Would appreciate any help. From the top menu select Format, Sheet, Background ;) or push Alt, o, h, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John Do you want to be able to print the sheet with the background or just have it for looks on the sheet? Format>Sheet>Background will place a background on the sheet but it will not print out. Here's a copy of a reply to this subject from Ron de Bruin, -------------------------------------------------- You can use Word Art, remove the lines, color with...

jpg Image Altered when emailed to recipient.
I have a question that has quite a few people stumped. We utilize Excel pricing sheets at work, that we created, as a quick pricing guide. The guide is set up to be prined out for the customer, and includes our company logo. The logo was created in Corel, and imported into Excel. All our office computers are set up with O2k3. When the doc was originally created, it displayed perfectly on that computer. When that doc is emailed, only the jpg is changed, and the same change is suffered on every page (about 15 pages total). The jpg almost appears to have a mixup in the font type wh...

Merge Worksheets
We run weekly reports that grow from week to week. We are looking for a method to take last weeks worksheet and merge with the latest worksheet. For example last weeks worksheet had 5 events, this weeks worksheet has 7 (5 of the 7 events are the same as last weeks events) - we only want to see the 2 new events. Any and all ideas are welcome. You have a suggestion at your other post. tlozier wrote: > > We run weekly reports that grow from week to week. We are looking for a > method to take last weeks worksheet and merge with the latest worksheet. For > example last weeks...

mail merge #3
I know this is probably a really silly(stupid) question..... I need to do a mail merge to make labels from an excel file. Sounds simple enough, but when I get to the prompt in the wizard to select files to merge i keep losing the the third line(which would be the city, state and zip). It also drops row 1. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks! MC -- mariachilds ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mariachilds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Print mail merge file to send to quick print shop
Help! I've prepared a mail merge file to print 5,000 postcards. I want four different addresses to print on one letter-size sheet. It works great as long as I'm sending it to a printer, but how do I prepare a file that I can zip up and send to my local print shop? I've tried everything I can think of, including the following: * Created a new Publisher file with the merged records - prints multiple copies with the same address for some reason that I can't comprehend. * Print to a PDF - creates a separate file for every 8 records, again for some reason I'm sure I d...

Notification message of receival in mail merge in Publisher 2007
How can i receive notification message that the recipients have received my mail when making mail merge in Publisher 2007 That is an Outlook function, look in Outlook's options, E-mail options, tracking options. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rodia" <Rodia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40016055-E5C8-4D76-AFAB-EA9C5FBEA56D@microsoft.com... > How can i receive notification message that the recipients have received my > mail when making mail merge in Publisher 2007 Tha...

Counting Merged Cells
Is there a formula I can use to: 1. Count the number of merged cells (comprised of 3 cells) in a column AND how many of those are blank? 2. Count the number of merged cells (comprised of 2 cells) in a column AND howmany of those are blank? Nothing built into excel. But you could use a macro. It would look something like this: Option Explicit Function CountMergedCells(rng As Range, RowSize As Long, _ JustCountEmpty As Boolean) As Long Dim myCell As Range Dim TotalEmpty As Long Dim TotalMergedCells As Long Set rng = rn...

Column Formats & Merging to Word
Recently upgraded to v. 2003 and now have a problem with data that merges into MS Word 2003. The excel column has a basic formula in it, and is formatted to show only one decimal place. However, when it merges into word, there are many decimal places (8, 10, can't remember how many). How do I fix this? It was never an issue in v 2000. TIA Christina Christina There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On...

image quality
After sitting with my purchase for a couple months, it is finally time to start producing the next quarter's newsletter. I am getting very poor printed quality for a very small, crisp B&W image that I have used previously in Powerpoint and it came out very sharp. I even tried saving it as a .bmp but it didn't improve. Any suggestions? -- Hugs, Erika > I am getting very poor printed quality for a very small, crisp B&W image that I have used previously in Powerpoint and it came out very sharp. I even tried saving it as a .bmp but it didn't improve. also, black &...

mail merge to Publisher
Hello, Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name and is located in my My Shortcuts. The error messatge says it can't find the data base. Thank you. Hi james (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate || sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a || Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name ||...

Merge Perge
I have several mailing lists to merge and want to ensure that I sort out duplicates. I know that I can merge the lists through cut and paste, then highlight the list and sort by name. This should bring any duplicate names side by side. However, since my list is long, is there a way that excell identifies these duplicates in a more efficient manner? Thank you. ...

Images and word objects/methods
I need to write a VBA script (Macro's can't do it) to send an image file to the back of text in a word document, lock the anchor and allow the text to overlap. Alternatively/also does anyone know where I can find an object method library as I may have a few more questions and couldn't find anything when I googled . All help appreciated. VBA is the language used for macros in Word With ActiveDocument.Shapes(1) .LockAnchor = True .WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapBehind End With See the Help file in the Visual Basic Editor and from the View menu in the Editor, sel...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Email Via Mail Merge
When creating Email via Mail merge from Quick Campaign the data in the mail is getting displayed with Guid. Below is display of Email message {408C6E85-FBCE-DC11-ACA6-001422B07926}{325A5F13-2B53- DD11-83F2-00304891B2AF}Bangalore. Can anyone help me in resolving this issue. Regards Satish Hi Satish, the display name of the ID field for each entity has the same name as the entity. So the ID field for the Contact entity has a display name of Contact, and a schema name of contactid. When you use mail merge, if you merge data from the Contact field then CRM will display the ID value. To avo...

How to install Template Wizard with Data Tracking in Excel 2003?
I have used this function with excel 2002. THe company has upgraded to excel 2003 and now I am unable to update the database that i have created. Surely there must be a way to install this add-in from 2002 to 2003. Hi The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a machine with 2002 to a machine with 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to browse to the file in Excel) Send me a mail private if you are not able to do the above and i send you the xla file. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "pratish" <pratish...

embedding and displaying an image in CSV created spreadsheet?
We have a process on our server which creates a CSV that gets e-mailed to a recipient who then opens it in MS Excel. We're using PHP to write the CSV, but that's not important. Is there some way to put into the CSV some instruction that will cause Excel to display the image in the open spreadsheet? Of course there're all kinds of ways of inserting and embedding images in a spreadsheet using Excel from the get-go...but every method I try, I save as a CSV and open in notepad, and the package or embedding code isn't there. The closest I've come is putting a hyperlink to an ...

Images Won't Show Up....
After creating an image (logo) in Publisher 2003, I have tried repeatedly to insert the image into my Frontpage website design and then view it. I copy and paste it, insert it from Publisher, import it from Publisher and nothing happens when I try to view it in FrontPage preview and/or Internet Explorer. I have saved it as a GIF and JPEG and everything else, only to get a blank page. Please advise. Thank you! -- GoneFishing One more thing, I tuned down the acceleration to none or whatever it was and then I got the letters below on the page instead of the image. <![endif]-->...

Merging using Excel
I have an Excel workbook with 4 worksheets. I am trying to merge four different Word letters, each with a different worksheet. When I merge, the Word document will ony merge with the first of the worksheets in the workbook. How do I merge a document with any of the other four worksheets? Say I want to merge the second letter with the second worksheet? How do I do that? I think I'd just move each worksheet to the leftmost position and the do the mailmerge for that worksheet, then move the next and so on. But here are a couple of links that you may want to read: http://www.mvps.org/...