impossible to break scheduled disk check -- system booting

Windows XP SP3

System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows
on-board disk scan utility.
Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan.
At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key.
No key stroke leads to skip the scan process -
as the keyboard was dead.

However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to
enter the motherboard bios setup utility.

Potential problem reasons known?
0
kakii
1/10/2010 3:03:13 PM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message

> Windows XP SP3
>
> System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows
> on-board disk scan utility.
> Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan.
> At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key.
> No key stroke leads to skip the scan process -
> as the keyboard was dead.
>
> However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to
> enter the motherboard bios setup utility.
>
> Potential problem reasons known?

Is it a USB keyboard? If so, go into BIOS and make sure Allow Legacy USB
Devices is allowed.
--
SC Tom

0
SC
1/10/2010 6:29:47 PM
one USB keyboard, one USB cordless mouse

P4S800D E Deluxe

Bios USB settings:

Onboard Sis Usb 1.1 Device                 enabled
Onboard Sis Usb 2.0 Device                 enabled

Module version 2.23.2-9.4

usb devices enabled:
2 keybords, 1 mouse, 5 drives              (1 CF card inserted -
                                             all-in-one reader,
                                             1 Usb pen drive present)

Legacy USB support                        enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode                   HiSpeed
Stop EHCI HC in OHCI handover             disabled

Usb mass storage device configuration     grayed-out

SC Tom wrote:

> "kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message
>>
>> Windows XP SP3
>>
>> System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows
>> on-board disk scan utility.
>> Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan.
>> At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key.
>> No key stroke leads to skip the scan process -
>> as the keyboard was dead.
>>
>> However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to
>> enter the motherboard bios setup utility.
>>
>> Potential problem reasons known?
>
> Is it a USB keyboard? If so, go into BIOS and make sure Allow Legacy USB
> Devices is allowed.
0
opopopoo
1/15/2010 11:26:42 PM

SC Tom wrote:

> "kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message
>>
>> Windows XP SP3
>>
>> System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows
>> on-board disk scan utility.
>> Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan.
>> At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key.
>> No key stroke leads to skip the scan process -
>> as the keyboard was dead.
>>
>> However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to
>> enter the motherboard bios setup utility.
>>
>> Potential problem reasons known?
>
> Is it a USB keyboard? If so, go into BIOS and make sure Allow Legacy USB
> Devices is allowed.
0
kakii
1/16/2010 11:47:00 AM
Pull your pen drive, CF card, etc., then try it.
--
SC Tom

> one USB keyboard, one USB cordless mouse
>
> P4S800D E Deluxe
>
> Bios USB settings:
>
> Onboard Sis Usb 1.1 Device                 enabled
> Onboard Sis Usb 2.0 Device                 enabled
>
> Module version 2.23.2-9.4
>
> usb devices enabled:
> 2 keybords, 1 mouse, 5 drives              (1 CF card inserted -
>                                             all-in-one reader,
>                                             1 Usb pen drive present)
>
> Legacy USB support                        enabled
> USB 2.0 Controller Mode                   HiSpeed
> Stop EHCI HC in OHCI handover             disabled
>
> Usb mass storage device configuration     grayed-out
>

> SC Tom wrote:
>>

>> "kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Windows XP SP3
>>>
>>> System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows
>>> on-board disk scan utility.
>>> Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan.
>>> At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key.
>>> No key stroke leads to skip the scan process -
>>> as the keyboard was dead.
>>>
>>> However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to
>>> enter the motherboard bios setup utility.
>>>
>>> Potential problem reasons known?
>>
>> Is it a USB keyboard? If so, go into BIOS and make sure Allow Legacy USB
>> Devices is allowed.

0
SC
1/16/2010 1:08:40 PM
SC Tom wrote:
> Pull your pen drive, CF card, etc., then try it.

As the probs occurred both cf card and usb pen drive were out.
These device are now shortly in, just for test.
0
kakii

Formula Check... Please
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61A25.29EC1E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I didn't receive a response on my last post so I worked on my problem = some and came up with some results. Could someone look over my formulas = and tell me if I can achieve this same result any easier? Here is a sample of the worksheet: D E F G H I J K L M N O=20 22 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Reg OT x1.5 OTx 2 Rate Total=20 23 off 12 11 11 11 11 off 40 15 1 10.00 $645.00=20 ...

Spell check. #2
I am using MS XP with office 97, i am unable to use spell check with outlook express. Why? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account wi...

PPT Language Check
Hello, I would like to know how I can set the whole document and all its circles with text and smart shapre hierachies to ENGLISH. So far I have to mark each text item individually and clicking on Toolbar - Review - Language - ENGLISH - [Default] did not help either. I am using PPT 2007. When you create a presentation, PPT picks up its language settings from your keyboard. There's no way to just tell PPT to make all text <whatever language> after it's created. You'd have to use code. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245468 (I don't know if this will work f...

Forms Check Box cell link
Excel 2003 I am using a check box created with the Forms menu. I created a box over cell D4. Using the Format Control box, I linked the check box to cell D4. I want to copy the check box in cell D5, D6, D7,.... and I want the cell link to integrate in the same mannor; check box in cell D5 should link to cell D5, and so on. Is there a way to accomplish this short of going into the format control box and manually editing each cell link after I have copy and pasted several check boxes? I have NOT entered the link using an absolute cell referense. I got the idea for this from Dav...

Form Menu : Check Box
I am trying to enter 300 or so check boxes onto and Excel spreadsheet. I find that I can link the 'return' cell using the right click / Forma Control / Control tab / Cell Link option but I need to do this for eac box ! Is there a way around this ? Whereby I can create one Check Box an then drag or copy it down -- jagstirlin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jagstirling's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=110 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50634 Maybe you could jus...

Spell Check option for crm 4.0
Hi Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options available for spell checking in CRM 4.0 Thank You Kind Regards Get a spellchecker for your browser. http://www.ie7pro.com/ includes spell checking amongst lots of other great features. Other addins for IE exist for this too, most produce red-squiggle underlining similar to MS Word. Make sure they have dictionaries to support your language and region (eg UK vs US English) Adam On 02/06/2010 15:16, ~Jij wrote: > Hi > Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options > available for spell ...

MSCRM Call Scheduling Add-on
Does anyone know of any add-on to CRM 4.0 that will help my call center staff better schedule their calls? If they each manage, say, 500 accounts, then what I want is a regular 45-day call schedule and a nice easy-to-digest view in CRM that shows them which calls they need to make for the day etc. ...

System.Xml in MFC
I tried to use System.Xml in MFC. Unfortunately, it turns out that all of System.Xml is set as COM-invisible. Therefore, my regasm gives me an empty type library. So my questions are: 1) Why was System.Xml marked as COM-invisible? 2) How do I go after using System.Xml in my MFC app anyways (some sample code would be great)? 3) What would the disadvantages/problems be using System.Xml in an MFC app although it was marked COM-invisible? Thanks >1) Why was System.Xml marked as COM-invisible? It's generally a good practice to mark an assembly non-visible to COM unless you fully test a...

Font in Check Box
Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? If it's a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you can go into design mode show the checkbox's properties double click on Font and change it. If the checkbox is on a userform (inside the VBE), you can show its properties and do the same thing. You also have another reply at your original post. Mon wrote: > > Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? -- Dave Peterson ...

Multiple weeks old Logons in System Manager
Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? "1BigMess" <1BigMess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? Not that I know of (although I wish there were). But why do you want to do that? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at htt...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

System Job Stuck Waiting
We are working on an Internet facing deployment of CRM 4.0. The routine system jobs are stuck waiting. Originally we were getting an error related to unable to connect to the public IP address of the server. After updating all of the URLs in the DeploymentProperty database to point to the public domain name that error was replaced by this one. Both have error code 80044306 (-2,147,204,346) but now we are getting an HTTP 401 error. We've tried renaming the organization's friendly name - removing spaces but still no luck. The ASYNC service is running as Network Service and we tr...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden
I have crm 3.0 installed on Windows server 2003 with sp1 and I have problem. When I opennnig the crm web site I see error... please help... Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

Changing e-check sender's address
elthough Mr. Robert Patterson asked the same question on 6/26, and Dick Watson replied,I am afraid I must ask again: I need to change my address on my e-checks. My account is through Wells Fargo, but I it's not their software I use, it's Money. Who is my E-pay service in this case? -- PlsHelpMScan't ...

Transparent bitmap in system context menu
Hi. My application adds it's menu to the system context menu. How can I make it's bitmap transparent? 'SetMenuItemBitmaps' function doesn't take a mast for the bitmap. Thanks in advance Martin "Martin" <martin-g@mail.ru> wrote in message news:1174642958.411429.136360@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > My application adds it's menu to the system context menu. How can I > make it's bitmap transparent? 'SetMenuItemBitmaps' function doesn't > take a mast for the bitmap. White areas on a bitmap used by SetMenuItemBitmaps are d...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Page Breaks 02-07-08
Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? Try it and report back with your results. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Bev" wrote: > Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? You can insert a page break into a header so that part of the header prints on the next page, if that is what you mean, but it is hard to see why you would want to do that. Each section of a report, including the header, has a Force New Page property. Perhaps that is what you are seeking. "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

I think this new Pay Per system is crazy
http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home is the hottest new way for publishers to get paid off per play on there page... http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/topics So every visitor you make money not per click. And now become an affiliate while there is still time.. Decide for yourself>>> http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home ...

System Attendant and SystemMailbox
In the course of accidentally deleting several users from AD, I noticed that I have mailboxes for 'System Attendant', 'SystemMailbox', and 'SMTP (servername)', but cannot remember if these were also default built-in users in AD that I deleted. Do these mailboxes need to have corresponding user accounts in AD, and if so, how do I re-create them properly? Thanks for your time. After running Cleanup Agent, it appears that SystemMailbox is the only mailbox that is missing and AD user account. Does anyone know how I would re-create this account in AD? "Holo20&q...

Windows
Hi - hope someone can help I get the following message: exception processing message c00000013 75b6bf7c 4 75b6f7c 75b6bf7c This just started for no apparant reason. The message won't cancel, try again or continue. It returns after re boot. Compter still runs fine - just can't get rid of the message. Only recent program addition was Quicken 2010 - how ever this error message didn't happen immediately after it was loaded. I did find some threads on this but nothing there that seemed to directly address this issue. Running XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pac...

Can I save and email a merged schedule
I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? Remove the links and e-mail it. Doubleclick on the inserted projects, go to the Advanced Tab, and deselect the option to link to a file. That will embed the inserted project into the master. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the > consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? > ...

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Page Break Preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent feature but can't find it now. This view got replaced by the Page Layout view. On 30/07/08 23:27, in article 59b559ff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "niles@officeformac.com" <niles@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent > feature but can't find it now. -- Michel Bi...

xsdobjgen and system.timespan
Hello everybody! I'm using xsdobjgen tool to generate c# classes. Everything is just fine, but I can't find a way to make a fileld in the generated class of type System.TimeSpan. In the framework deveopers guide I've found xsd:duration should map to System.TimeSpan, but xsdobjgen generates string type for duration. Does anyone have a sugestion? Thanks. Robert. ...

Check Box
I have a table linked from an SQL Server database that I would like to update through an Access form. I need to use a series of check boxes to adjust over 100 different fields, but I need the check boxes to update the fields in the linked table with 1 for yes instead of -1. The reason for this is that the other software that loads information from the database uses 1 as the value for yes and cannot be configured otherwise. I cannot use custom formatting on the table fields since they are linked. I am assuming that a VB script is the way to go, but am having trouble getting...