HDclone new hard drive problem

Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.

Many thanks.

--
chorver
chorver's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/173917.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
chorver
1/14/2010 12:27:45 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to delete the partition. Reformatting it won't change its
size.

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:57:45 +0530, chorver
<chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
>lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
>USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
>new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
>correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
>during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
>reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
>with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
>refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
>suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
>answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.
>
>Many thanks.
0
Andy
1/14/2010 3:00:35 AM
             Go here and get Easus Partition Manager.
http://www.partition-tool.com/
                 It is very easy to use and it works within windows.  Try
uncreating or deleting the Partitions that have been created on the
             250G drive. Start fresh.

"chorver" <chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
> lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
> USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
> new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
> correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
> during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
> reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
> with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
> refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
> suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
> answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.
>
> Many thanks.
>

> --
> chorver
> chorver's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/173917.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/1292953.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Rich
1/14/2010 3:03:45 AM
chorver <chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in

> Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
> reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore
> its full size with a view to running HDclone again. But
> whatever I try it the computer refuses to recognise it
> as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any suggestions
> greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an
> obvious answer to this, but it has escaped me.

It's a problem unique to Dell XP laptops, and not obvious at all.  See my
webpage here:

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/mediadirect.htm#upgrading

Dan Goodell

0
dg1261

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Errors saving to network drive

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

connection problems
a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a connection problem -- eummer2010 how does your problem/question pertain to windows update? terri wrote: > a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a > connection problem Hello Terry, Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what OS you're using, Service Pack, what other security software are you running, if any? etc. IE6 ? IE7 ? IE8 ? Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/...

There is a problem with your printer settings.
There is a problem with your printer settings. Your printer has given Publisher an invalid value, and the printer could not be correctly initialized. Check your printer settings in the Windows control panel." 1. I only have one network printer 2. The network printer is not the default printer 3. I have deleted the printer, rebooted and reinstalled the latest printer drivers. 4. The printer name is less than 8 characters long. ... any idea what the problem is??? -- kirks What version Publisher? Do you have the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylan...

Automated starting of app
Hi NG, I don't know if this a problem special to MFC or something else. I work with XP and VC++ 6.0. I wrote a small dialog based app which can collect names of files and/or directories. I can start this app and select the files and directories with the usual common dialogs - works fine. I can also mark the files in the explorer and dragdrop them to the icon of the app. In this case I get the names as argv[n] and can fill the dialog with them while the program is starting. Works fine too. But when I select too many file names to dragdrop them to the icon, while the program starts I get the...

problem with dependency on atl71.dll
Hello, I have problem removing dependency on atl71.dll. I've tried these: defining /D "_ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY" and Properties->Config->General->UseOfATL : Static Link To ATL din't helped, still asking for missing dll when trying register my dll on Win2k. When I supply atl71.dll it's fine, but not sure if this is safe solution. can somebody advise on that? thanks Post this in ATL group instead (or atleast cross-post) --- Ajay ...