DELL 5150 f1 - (to continue) / f2 - (to set up)

cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve 
this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will 
show this message

Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no 
floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to 
boot straight to window.

The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom 
drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected

Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1  // 
drive 2- pata 0  /drive 3 - pata 1. Any idea where I have to change the 
setting so that it will boot straight to windows, thanks
0
Utf
6/7/2010 6:24:45 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
974 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

bb202 wrote:
> cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve 
> this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will 
> show this message
> 
> Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no 
> floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to 
> boot straight to window.
> 
> The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom 
> drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected
> 
> Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1  // 
> drive 2- pata 0  /drive 3 - pata 1. Any idea where I have to change the 
> setting so that it will boot straight to windows, thanks

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/dim5150/en/om/WD846A02.pdf

On page 109 of the Dimension 5150 manual, it mentions

    "Diskette Drive"   [Off]

If the BIOS is attempting a seek on the (non-existent) floppy drive,
then disabling it in the BIOS may be a possible solution.

Now, if that didn't work, the motherboard does have a floppy connector,
and if you were desperate, you could always connect a floppy diskette
drive to the floppy drive connector. The floppy diskette drive would
also need its four pin power connector, to get power. There may be
the necessary power connector, on the end of one of the power supply
cables.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5150/en/sm/techov1.htm

Just a guess,
    Paul
0
Paul
6/7/2010 7:15:25 AM
The diskette drive is set as "Internal' and change it to 'off'. Its boots up 
straight to XP now. Many thanks for your advice

"Paul" wrote:

> bb202 wrote:
> > cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve 
> > this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will 
> > show this message
> > 
> > Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no 
> > floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to 
> > boot straight to window.
> > 
> > The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom 
> > drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected
> > 
> > Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1  // 
> > drive 2- pata 0  /drive 3 - pata 1. Any idea where I have to change the 
> > setting so that it will boot straight to windows, thanks
> 
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/dim5150/en/om/WD846A02.pdf
> 
> On page 109 of the Dimension 5150 manual, it mentions
> 
>     "Diskette Drive"   [Off]
> 
> If the BIOS is attempting a seek on the (non-existent) floppy drive,
> then disabling it in the BIOS may be a possible solution.
> 
> Now, if that didn't work, the motherboard does have a floppy connector,
> and if you were desperate, you could always connect a floppy diskette
> drive to the floppy drive connector. The floppy diskette drive would
> also need its four pin power connector, to get power. There may be
> the necessary power connector, on the end of one of the power supply
> cables.
> 
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5150/en/sm/techov1.htm
> 
> Just a guess,
>     Paul
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/7/2010 1:08:53 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How set default vCard viewer?
This could be a WindowsXP-pro question or Outlook2002 question, unsure. A small window popped up entitled "Address Book" and the message was "Address Book is currently not your default vCard viewer. Would you like to make it your default vCard viewer? [Yes] [No] How do you (manually) get to the place in WindowsXP-pro or somewhere else like in Outlook where you specify the default vCard viewer, I can't find anywhere. Also, is vCard viewer related to a .vcf file? Thanks Do you have a Palm Pilot? If you have installed some Palm Software, at times it will make itself the...

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

Single Space Setting
When I am trying to type a list of items in single space, Word wants to double space. How can I change this setting so that everything is single spaced? Thanks!!! GAB This is not actually single spacing, it's a "space after" setting that Microsoft enabled for the default Normal style. To get rid of it, click on Format>Style, make sure "Normal" is selected in the list, then click on Modify. Choose Paragraph from the dropdown button which reads Format, then set the Spacing After to 0 pt. Click on OK, then check the box that reads "Add to Template". Go back...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

How to check continuous form fields
I have a tabbed form, when I switch from one tab to another, it checks to make sure that none of the mandatory fields are missing. However the code that checks the records on tab #1 (which is the code below after the elseif), the code only checks the first record. I can not figure out how to modify the code to get it to look at other records on the form that may be present. Any suggestions on what modification I would need to make here would be helpful. thanks! If TabCtl4 = 1 Then Dim CkCtls As New Collection CkCtls.Add "DRNo" ...

NTP-settings problem with IT Environment Health Scanner
Hi! I´d like to know what configuration the tool "IT Environment Health Scanner" looks for when checking NTP-settings in Active Directory. We have configured the time source for PDC-emulator in Forest with GPO and verified the settings with w32tm /monitor and it reports the new NTP-server as intended. But when the IT Environment Health Scanner checks for the NTP-server setting on the PDC-emulator, it reports the setting to be time.microsoft.com: ---- 8< ------ Report -------------------- Time sources are defined correctly for domain controllers Warning: The ...

VBA calling sp with ANSI_NULLS set ON
Hi, On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow: > > if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1) DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1 GO CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1 as set ANSI_NULLS on set ANSI_WARNINGS on ** sql statement *** > > I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another server using linked server. When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too: > exec PCS_SEG1 > But, when I called from VBA, I received error: Heterogeneous queries require t...

I want to set a customized default to print envelopes..
I would like to know if anyone has set customized setting to print envelopes. So it will not print in a bin but on the default bin of the printer and be manually fed... Prior to 2003 the supervisor was able to just select envelope and it would want to be manually feed and print to the default bin... and not cause everything else to print to the default. ...

Can I set up cascading combo boxes in a TABLE?
I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. I have a combo box for General Injury Region, which is upper extremity, lower extremity, spine. I would like to the second combo box populate based on the first with shoulder, hand, wrist, etc. Thanks in advance! Debi wrote: > I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter > the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. > > I have a combo box for General Injury Region, wh...

Setting database location to SQL Server
Hello, I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to a SQL server. I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to the new SQL server. Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm just testing the solution for now. The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task. Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection information? ...

Set up a Certificate of Deposit / Forex account
What is the best way to set up a CD in Money? -as an investment (in an investment account) with the interest "reinvested" each month? -as an investment account using only the cash portion and adding "interest" each month? -as a "savings account" under "banking"? Also, how should a forex account be set up? Thank you for any help you can provide I have set up CD's as either investments within an investment account or as individual savings accounts. It all has depended upon how the FI treats them. When I did not have anything but manual entry...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hello, I have some code which simply reads a RSS with the XmlTextReader and XmlDocument. Unfortunaly I get the error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Here is my simple code: private function CheckRSS(byval strRSS as string) Dim reader as new XmlTextReader(strRSS) Dim xmlDoc as XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) Catch ex As Exception Response.Write("ERR in Rss File:" & strRSS & "<br>") Response.Write("Err: RSS File:" & ex.Message & "...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

setting the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders? For the moment the View settings apply to a particular folder and I have = to set them manually in every folder. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

150 Badges Icons Set PSD.exe (7/7)
=ybegin part=7 line=128 size=1593874 name=150 Badges Icons Set PSD.exe =ypart begin=1497601 end=1593874 �C[=@a=}�/��`�5Ҵ�b��,�'���r�?������/��3NV���q���w�3x��`A���7,$D2=J_SOfu�4p�"��Z&N�褜#-n���̷�@��r�/��5�QҬу��� I͠)?{7@�%��[�ym�z��^�~�:���ڑYdkŝ��� Dx���@3��8�p+�"y��$E�ޓeْ2�b<=}STTY]�=@T9W�6����P�%��C��^o�x+1��c�5[O|N�I�KD xb��1Œ�bz$Ӭk�#⺶H���C:��h��,E�?�\?���~��0볈�j�+���T���ay�$���Y%��-��5���<=}�i+�?O�7�#�m�%V�d��9Bc>Qv_;=}�V��w� ��&�S�F6����3���/;^�n�x��=J���>�$��H���WK�\�-�v�+:dyw�=J��A���n���J-����J�haak�]w���...

HELP! Settings are not saving
Every time I open my excel, my calcualtion keeps going back to manual. It even happens in the middle of working on a spreadsheet. Also, if I hit save or save as, when I close the worksheet is ALWAYS asks if I want to save. It has been happening for a week or two. Any ideas???? Any chance the files you're working on are Read Only? [that may not be it, but just a thought] "Veronica" wrote: > Every time I open my excel, my calcualtion keeps going back to manual. It > even happens in the middle of working on a spreadsheet. Also, if I hit save > or save as, when I c...

How do I set up a GANTT chart for a research proposal
Don't Know what to put in a GANTT chart for a research proposal, how to actually lay it out, my subject is nursing research.. do include costs of researcher etc EXCEL 2007 I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 78 towards th top of my home page. This is based on MS documentation. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "HiLo" wrote: > Don't Know what to put in a GANTT chart for a research proposal, how to > actually lay it out, my subject is nursing research.. do include costs ...

How do I set home to A1 instead of K1?
If I press the home key on an existing spreadsheet, it goes to K1 instead of to A1. Is there a way I can fix this? If not, do I have another possible problem on that spreadsheet? I suspect that you have the window 'frozen' at column K. In pre-2007 Excel menu: Window --> Unfreeze Panes Excel 2007: [View] tab, Window Group, in the Freeze Panes pull-down, choose Unfreeze Panes "Julie D" wrote: > If I press the home key on an existing spreadsheet, it goes to K1 instead of > to A1. Is there a way I can fix this? If not, do I have another possibl...

set Curved lines as default for Connector tool.
Is there a way to set "Curved Lines" as the default for the "Connector tool?" Now I have to draw the line with the default setting of "Straight Line" then change it to a curved line. I am using the Detailed Network Diagram template. Thanks Matt When you first use the Connector Tool, a master called Dynamic Connector is created in your Document Stencil. Open the Drawing Explorer Window Expand the Masters branch Right mouse the Dymanic connector master Select Edit Master Change the line to Curved Connector Close the Master Edit window (accept changes) T...

How to set publisher 2007 as default program...
I have publisher 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer (my company wants to keep the old version in case the new version doesnt work out). Everytime I open one of my Publisher (.pub) files, it opens in Publisher 2003. My question is, how do I set all my .pub files to open in Publisher 2007 not 2003. I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer. I have already attempted set the program default, but it does nothing. (I Right-clicked, properties, Change Default program... Publisher 2007 is not listed. I browsed for the .exe file for Publisher 2007 (which has the same name as th...

How do I set up column charts' x values in 'm' ie. 300m, 600m etc
I am learning charting in Excel. How do I display x values axis as 300m, 600m, 900m while the values displayed inside the columns are 256.4, 488.7 and 822.3 You make an XY chart not a Line chart. Line charts are used when the x-values are categories (text or numbers that are not used numerically like serial numbers) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "t4gbg" <t4gbg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0A54F21-94AB-4F5B-BF63-1922D8E2B262@microsoft.com... >I am learning charting in Excel. How do I display x ...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in outlook? #2
Richard Zaw Lin <Richard Zaw Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Click the Recurrence tab and fill in what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

Get error message when press Test account setting
I just set up a new POP account on my Outlook and i get this message everytime i press the Test Account settings button. Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field. I still can send and receiev mail but this error is really bugging me. ...

how do i set up my email step by step i really need a very easy
i am a new to outlook i have a hotmail address but have not a clue how to set up my outlook email address "mary jeppesen" wrote in message news:99D99574-154B-4748-80F9-511C3935F82B@microsoft.com... >i am a new to outlook i have a hotmail address but have not a clue >how to set > up my outlook email address Use proper punctuation and capitalization when posting. Use the same style to compose posts as when composing a grade-critical essay to your school teacher. Usenet (newsgroups) are not prattle/chat rooms or cell phone texting. - Do you have a free of paid Hotma...