D-Link disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching option

I installed a D-Link Xtreme N desktop PCI adaptor with their software.
It disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching. XP is telling me
I need to uninstall the D-Link software to be able to change this
setting. Help?

--
dewbru
dewbru's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225479.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
dewbru
5/28/2010 12:02:33 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 News won't stay in option, and 1 annoyance Please help
Hi, This is a second request for help, as maybe the title of my firs request wasn't enough. Let me say, I love Outlook 2003, having sai that I have 2 issues that I just can't seem to resolve, first i regarding using Outlook to read newsgroups. I go into interene options, programs and set OE as the news reader, and it works fine fo that ONE time, then if I try to access the newsreader using the new button (created by following the instructions) it goes to a folde called 1033, and I have to go back to IE options and reset OE as th newsreader because it has been changed to a blank field....

Disable Instant Messaging
We just converted instant messaging to LCS so am wondering how to disable the Exchange instant messaging for all users without affecting other functions. Robert <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just converted instant messaging to LCS so am wondering how to disable the >Exchange instant messaging for all users without affecting other functions. Remove the Exchange IM service. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Field Code Missing for Linked Pictures in Word 2007
What happened to the INCLUDEPICTURE field in word 2007? I need to know the filename and path of the linked picture. If I save as a word 2003 doc I see the field code but that's not a good solution for me. On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:48:01 -0800, D Harlow <DHarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What happened to the INCLUDEPICTURE field in word 2007? I need to know the >filename and path of the linked picture. If I save as a word 2003 doc I see >the field code but that's not a good solution for me. Without explanation, this was changed; it may be related to...

Some email attachments wont open; "locate link browser" box instea
Instead of opening attachmens when I click on them, I get a dialog box "Locate Link Browser". What's wrong? How do I fix it to be able to open them? Philanthropy faclitator <Philanthropy faclitator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Instead of opening attachmens when I click on them, I get a dialog box > "Locate Link Browser". What's wrong? How do I fix it to be able to > open them? Use Google to search this group. The answer has been given multiple times. -- Brian Tillman Philanthropy faclitator <Philanthropy faclitator@discussions.m...

Switching a Label on/off in a Report via a Form?
I have a form, if a person puts a "y" in the Jean Field I want to store that info until the person finishes filling out the form then clicks on a Command Button to open a Report/Letter. When that Report/Letter is opened, if there's a "y" in the Jean Field I want the Jean Signature label to be visible. It has a default of another name visible, with the Jean one defaulted to not visible. The name of the Label- JeanSignatureLabel Thanks. Thoughts so far, in the Form- Private Sub Jean_AfterUpdate() If Me.[Jean] = "y" Then DoCmd.RunCommand...

Assigning Multiple Users to Outlook Tasks
I'm trying to use outlook as a central location for engineering assignments. The trouble we have is that engineers work in teams of two and so the task has to be sent out to both parties with one of them accepting. I've noticed on Outlook that we get no updates on the tasks when they are assigned to multiple users. Is there a way of getting around this? Cheers ...

Link between similar sheet
I copy a similar worksheet from sheet 1 to sheet 2. Any fast computation if entry in sheet 1, sheet 2 automatically updated.....Thanks Sure. Follow the instructions in the article below, making sure that your "summary" sheet is the first sheet, and all additional sheets follow after it. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60392AF2-A9B3-44D6-8790-2AF55A7CFE2F@microsoft.c...

User Account SPN for CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account ERROR.
Hi there, I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0: "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account". Here's my scenario: I joined the Server to the domain I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account Installed everything and followed every step. But I got this message. How can I solve this problem? Please advice. Thank you. This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run the CRM application pool. You can find this account in the IIS manager under the ...

How do I get my 3-D shapes
I try to pull up my 3-D shapes but the menue is blank and I can not pick anything. How do I get these to appear? First, draw a shape with one of the other drawing tools, e.g. a rectangle. Select the shape, then open the 3-D menu, and select a style. rjw wrote: > I try to pull up my 3-D shapes but the menue is blank and I can not pick > anything. How do I get these to appear? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html rjw Answered in public.excel.misc Please do not multi-post. The same people look at all the news groups. Multi-...

Sales entry screen
Why get rid of the different "buttons" for the different actions that might need to be done and put in a single ACTION key. It is not like the space was used for anything else and it removed all the clues to possibilities to users who stand in for others when they are on vacation, sick, etc.... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the...

Looking to automatically re-link tables in Access
Hi, Using Office 2007 Looking for a way to automatically re-link access database tables. I currently have a database (IBD.MDB) that has links to 30+ Excel files Excel files are auto updated on a daily basis The links to IBD.MDB are C:\Materials\Accss (Master) My problem is I have 2 othe MDB files with the same name and uses the same files, 1 is on a network server and the links are O:\Access, the other is on another site and the links are J:\Access To maintain this I have to manually copy any querie changes or new changes from the master to the other 2 IBD.MDB files ...

Resizing forms for different screen resolutions
Does anyone know of a painless way of resizing a form with all of its controls, subforms, tab controls, etc in access 97 or 2000? I created a database on a computer with a screen resolution of 1440 by 900. Now I want to run it on computers where the resolution is closer to 800 by 600. All the forms now look horrible (way to big). I could redesign each form bit by bit but the thought of this is daunting. Any ideas? John "John S. Ford, MD" <johnsfordNOSPAMmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZy3vUTuHHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a painles...

Exchange 2003
After bringing down our last Exchange 5.5 server, removing the ADC, and going to Native Mode we have been getting multiple application event ID 8197's with the following description on one of our Exchange 2003 servers: "Error initializing session for virtual machine SERVERNAME. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. " Users can no longer access Public Folders on that server but can access they're mailboxes. Luckily most users on that server don't utilize the public folders and the few that do we have since moved to another Ex...

"trial user" identity?
Help! In Word and in Entourage my name appears as "trial user." For example, if I print an email message, the header includes "trial user," or if I add a comment to a Word document, the comment is attributed to "trial user." I have registered Office (I have v.X), and in the About panels, my name appears correctly. My name also appears correctly in the system profiler. This is on an old G4 Powerbook with OS 10.2.8. I only have one identity in Entourage, so I'm not sure where to begin here. Thanks. I haven't a clue either, but look in the Entourage address...

Accessing another user mailbox cause an error....
Hi, I have 2 disabled accounts (old employees) I want to access their mailbox to archive them in a pst file then delete these mailbox from the server. So, In outlook 2003, I'll add these mailbox in the list of available mailbox , but when I click on it I receive the error: "the set of folders could not be opened" what I have to do to give access to these mailbox? when I change the password of this user and connect using it, the access to exchange is denied!!! there is a delay when I enable an account before I can access exchange again? thanks jerome. Enable the accou...

sql server report 2008 formatting options
The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008: 1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above? 2. I am thinking of creating 1 table...

How do I link one person to another in the same table?
I have a table of Contacts. Some of my contacts know other contacts, and I would like to indicate that in their record. However, for Data Type, I cannot create a drop down list of contacts from within the table to choose from. Any idea how to to this? Or, if this is not possible, can you suggest another way to indicate "who knows whom"? Your contact table ought to look like: TblContact ContactID FirstName LastName etc Then you need am acquaintenances table: TblAcquaintenance AcquaintenanceID ContactID (identifies a Contact) AcquaintedContactID (Ident...

Server was unable to process request
Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. ________________________________________ Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origi...

BlackBerry after A/D upgrade
Hi all, We have just had a consultancy in assisting with a migration from multi-site, multi-domain Exchange 5.5 on NT4 domain over to a single active directory Exchange 2003 network. We run BlackBerry (3.6 and possibly only SP2?) for 60 users. This is still working fine, but on the BES server, on the management console, I see no users at all. Is this due to the AD? Do I just need to service pack the BES to the latest version (I think I had problems a few months ago when I tried). I've tried to be brief here, but I know I probably need to supply more info! Any help would be much appreci...

screen capture stuff
i want to make a screen capture program so that, when someone hits a magic key combination, the screen gets captured. could somebody tell me how to read keys when my window is not focused? Are you aware of the Print Screen button on your keyboard? It does exactly what you want, and it can even capture the active window if your press Alt+PrintScrn. Anyways, one way to get key presses when you are not in focus is to setup a windows hook with SetWindowsHook(Ex). <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:c54718ffda04f084d7f66b62e6faa17d@news.scbiz.com... > i want to make a sc...

Excel 2007 : Full Screen for no reason
Hi, Having a problem with Excel 2007. The window turns to full screen after I switch to and return from another desktop on Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (MSVDM). For example, if Excel 2007 is running on Desktop 1, by the time I switch to Desktop 2 and return, the Excel window changes to full screen view. I cannot return to normal view because no menu is available and ESC doesn't seem to work. Any solutions? Or is the problem with MSVDM? Thanks. ...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

Copying Excel Screen Shots Into PowerPoint
I am trying to copy screen shots from Excel into PowerPoint and the only paste special options I am given are bitmap and device independent bitmap. Both of these options produce a fuzzy graphic. Is there anyway to copy a screen shot into PowerPoint and be able to paste special as a picture Thanks. Hi Barbara Have you try to select the cells and when you are holding down the Shift key use Edit>Copy Picture in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Barbara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE...

dll programing with VC++ linking autocad exe file
I am writing a program to link with autocad exe file using MFC extension dll i can display the dialogs(property sheet) in the autocad window i have written some code in the message handler of property sheet's apply button when i click the apply button i am getting the error message like "an unsupported operation was attempted" what is the cause for this error raghu wrote: > I am writing a program to link with autocad exe file using MFC extension dll. > i can display the dialogs(property sheet) in the autocad window. > i have written some code in the message handler of ...

End-User who "recieved" an email from themselves
Hello, I have a user who "recieved" an email from themselves- which was really a spam message. The exchange tracking log states the the suspect email sender as our user with the username@domainname.com address. If I select properties of that sender in tracking, the message ID is 20060526063745.9DABB145B3@mail.domainname.com Our real user is listed as just their username in message tracking, and the message ID properties are: 87DC2EAA1613A34C9FB3A3940CF3A8C91BA382@exchangeserver.domainname The Spam filter states the email originated from outside our network. My questio...