CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.

Hola,

I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up
until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under
the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I
tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the
instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess.

I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or
removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any
cd in it just comes back err. cannot locate disc.

Any help appreciated!
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Man on a mission! wrote:
> I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my
> computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it
> dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte
> virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft
> auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a
> reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess.
>
> I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed
> or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put
> a game or any cd in it just comes back err. cannot locate disc.
>
> Any help appreciated!

Both drives seen in the system BIOS?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
2/7/2010 1:47:37 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

--
Peter

"Man on a mission!" <Man on a mission! @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hola,
>
> I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up
> until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under
> the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I
> tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the
> instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess.
>
> I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or
> removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any
> cd in it just comes back err. cannot locate disc.
>
> Any help appreciated!

0
Peter

why does .eps graphics files show as transparent?
using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in office. any help? thanks. dan m <dan m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i > get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i > have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in > office. any help? thanks. Does the graphic show when you...

CArchive and memory management problem
I am serializing a number of objects using CArchive. While the archive is open, one group of objects is created off the heap, serialized and then deleted. Later, a second group of objects does the same. When conditions are right, the first object of the second group will get the same memory location off the heap as one of the objects from the first group. When this happens, CArchive thinks it's trying to archive an object it already has. It doesn't write the new object, but writes an offset to the object it thinks it has already (from the first group). When reading the arc...

EFT For Receivables Management GP V. 8.0
Hi, Does anyone know if GP v 8.0 has an option for extracting an EFT for cash receipts? Our clients want to pay directly from their bank account every month but our bank only accepts EFT file types. thanks, ...

having something show up
how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word and have word come up. like the one in www.zyrtec.com? Check out Insert > Shape ScreenTip to see if this accomplishes your task. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "amy" <amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAD19F89-46C1-48CB-9018-10B735C23E37@microsoft.com... > how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word > and > have word come up. like the one in www.zyrte...

Showing wire transfers correctly
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an "uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it? Don't you want to change it to a Transfer **from** the Investment Account? Wasn't your investment account out that money? Don't you want to reflect that in the investment account as well? Why shouldn't it effect both a...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Need trailing zeroes to show for range of numbers....
The file I pulled into Excel for some reason cut off 2 trailing zeroes, no matter how I format it they will not show up. There are thousands of them and I can't see typing in each one over just to get two zeroes on the end. Does anyone know of a way to format this so they will show up? I have searched Microsoft online with no help. Not too much information, but try this (after saving your workbook!) In an empty cell enter the numner 100. Edit>Copy Select your data Edit>Paste Special, check Multiply -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sueshe" &...

Why does forumula show in cell instead of formula result?
Sometimes when I enter a formula into an Excel cell, the formula itself is displayed in the cell instead of the formula result. However, when I open Formula Wizard, the Wizard shows the correct formula result that should be displayed in the cell. Why does this happen and how do I get it to stop happening? It sounds like the cell is formatted as TEXT. Change the cell format to General. Then, with the cell still selected hit function key F2 then hit Enter. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Mailbox Manager #3
I seem to be having a problem with the Mailbox Manager within Exchange 2003. I have a recipient policy set up to report inbox and sent items past 90-days with no size limit. Right now I just have it set up to send report. When I recieve the report it looks like none of the inbox or sent items is going to be touched. Anyone have any hints on this, am I setting it up right? Thanks, KJK ...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?
Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/ Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Recently any image for...

How do I use flash drive in Excel.(selected drive is not in use)
I have an IBM Lotus 123 file that is on a flash drive. I want to bring it into a 60 day trial of Excel. The flash drive is plugged into a USB port and my file is on the flash drive. The error message is"The selected disk drive is not in use. Check to be sure disk is inserted." It is insurted and I have tried 3 USB places on my new Sony computer. Do you have any suggestions? Douglas Does the flash drive show up in My Computer? If not, and if either the computer is new or the drive is new to the computer, then you should wait at least 30 seco...

Outlook 2K3/Exchange 200, Cached Mode, mail not showing up
I've found the post listed below; the same problem I'm having. I've searched and found no other reference to this, or a fix. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a fix or workaround for it? Thanks ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >We were having issues with Outlook 2003's Cached Exchange server mode >connecting to an Exchange 2000 server. The problem we experienced was >basically the user was unable to receive messages, when this setting was >enabled the users didn't get messages for 1 month! To fix...

Scheduled Tasks: Remote Management
Hi With the Core Configuratior 2 I can enabe remote management for scheduled tasks. Managing scheduled tasks remotely does not show me the content of my core-server as I choose an action with the action dialog. It shows me the content of my managing PC. In fact I need to be able to choose a program of my core server to start at the specific time. Thanks for your help. Patrick ...

Missing Workflow Manager Templates
Hello, I am attempting to use Workflow Manager to setup some basic workflow scenarios. I would like to start by using the basic "templates" as described in the documentation but they are not listed when I access workflow manager. Can anyone tell me how to recover/restore the files? Thanks in advance, Miles On your Server CD (PFiles\MSCRM\Tools) there is a template for the Solution Selling sales process. Stephen "Miles Standish" <pummeline00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:baef01c4892d$17e84c50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am attempting to u...

WTB: Outlook 2003
Does anyone have a training cd/dvd (original not a copy) for Outlook 2003 that they want to sell? Looking for one from below or equal. computer-training-software.com keystone learning.com thanks ...

integration manager 10.0-SQL Data Source
We are trying to run an integration by using a link to the GP tables. One of our data sources is using the SQL Server as the data source. We can query the data source and return all rows in the integration. However, when we run the integration we receive the error: An error handler was not found for: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. We are on the latest service pack too. Are you using any field script or event script in IM? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogst...

Integration Manager 9.0
We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM simply stopped working. WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to 95-100%. The integration just hangs. You can not even End Task with Task Manager. I tried on two other machines ... same results. My understanding is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or honest about this. In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved. Any help is greatly appreciated. How far did you upgrade? Ver 9 or V9 with SP1? Also, what kind of integration is hanging? SOP ...

show msg if subfrm is not null
I have a form with an unbound subform that is bound to a particular form depending on which selection in the control group on the main form is chosen. When the subform is bound to one form, and it loads, I have a form that pops up as a message box, but I would like this message box to only pop up if a subform on *that subform* has a record. Confused yet? Main form: ""add_new_all" control group on main form: "frame_choose_sub" option chosen: "btn_contact_info" subform control on main form: "subf_main_blank" When the option is chosen, the 'b...

transfering music from device to wmp
i have a philips mp3 player and a verizon lg touch. i am trying to transfer my music on both to my gateway net book. dont know where to start. can you plz help - nick When the MP3 players are connected to the PC, do you see them listed in Windows Explorer? (in most cases, they will get their own drive letter) If so, you can simply use Explorer to copy/paste the MP3 files on the players to your local Music folder. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Nick wrote: > i have a philips mp3 player and a verizon lg touch. i am trying to transfer > my mu...

Integration with Encumbrance Management
Would like to be able to pre-encumber requisitions from requisition management and check against the budget BEFORE going to a PO status. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Can't Boot From DVD-ROM drive or Floppy Disk Drive
I'm running Windows XP SP3 and I tried inserting the setup CD to test out the recovery console but even after going into the BIOS to configure the computer to boot from the DVD drive, it only boots from the hard drive to Windows. I tried the same experiment by setting the computer to boot from the floppy drive but again it booted from the hard drive straight into Windows. My computer was assembled by a tech at my former place of employment so it's not a brand name. What more information do I need to provide for help in fixing this? Thanks. -- DaffyD� ( : []= If I kn...

Business Contact Manager installation prbs
I am trying to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 bu when I install the program, the menu at the top of the page is no coming up. It is in the Add/Remove Programs area and it is enabled. Any other ideas -- fleetfeet4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fleetfeet42's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=514 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126332 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Try this: In Outlook, on the Help menu, click Configure Business Contact Manager, and follow the instructions....