xp pro auditing object access

hi from Spain,

i'm auditing object access (success and failure) over "My Documents" folder
to list "List Folder/Read data" access. What happens is that after enabling
and make a single access to the folder a huge number of items is displayed
with events numbers 560,562,567.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

0
m0rg4n

My Documents has all your "personal files" and the system will access it
  to provide you with all the information about contents. When you
"enable auditing", the default setting also enables auditing of
everything contained in the folder.

m0rg4n wrote:
> hi from Spain,
>
> i'm auditing object access (success and failure) over "My Documents" folder
> to list "List Folder/Read data" access. What happens is that after enabling
> and make a single access to the folder a huge number of items is displayed
> with events numbers 560,562,567.
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.

0
Bob

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

VBA Event Procedures won't run in Access 2007
For some strange reason none of my Event Procedures are running in my access database. I can use macros for events just fine, but if I want to use a VBA event procedure nothing happens. If I put breakpoints in at any event in the VBA code, I never see a single one come up. What is going on here? Do I have to enable VBA somewhere in Access 2007? I'm really pulling my hair out with this one. Thanks for any help! -mindseye11 See this page for a nice explanation: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/trust_center.html -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft...

Unable to access Office Apps
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Folks, I'm a Mac newbie attempting to assist my daughter. I've installed Office 2008 for the Mac as the administrator. My daughter logs in and upon clicking on the Word icon, a question mark appears over the icon and the application does not open. The same happens for Powerpoint and Excel. I know someone has seen this before. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck. Random guess--you removed Office 2004, but the 2004 icons are still in the Dock, and those are the ones you are trying to use. Find the actual applications in the hardd...

Excel Pivottable using data in Access 2002
I have been using Access 2000 to hold tables with lots ( 200,000 rows ) of data. In Access 2000 you can make a Pivottable Form which starts Excel and really makes the pivottable there although the data actually stays in Access. Works great. I've recently gotten Access 2002 which tries to make the Pivottables itself. It's not as good. I want this new verson of Access to work with Excel like the old version. This new verson offers to let me "export" the pivottable, but that tries to start Excel and copy the data in and there's too much data for it to be able to do tha...

Can Exchange messaging sessions be saved for posterior auditing?
Hi all, We just started to use Exchange Messaging in our enterprise. It looks to become a very useful tool for management. It has the advantage of the written word. You can see what was written before so it is potentially auditable. My boss is asking me if is it possible to save a log of everything that is written on the service. I remember icq had this very useful thing. Is possible to save a log on the server of everything that is written by the users? Is it any vendor with such a solution? Thanks in advance Sammy On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:03:27 -0600, "SammyBar" <samm...

Reference Grouped Objects Using VBA
Hello I have grouped four charts, three text boxes (from the control toolbox) and a rectangle. Prior to grouping, the code I had to update the axes on both charts and text for the text boxes worked fine. After grouping the objects the code fails. How do you reference a specific object contained in a group? If Shp is a grouped shape then Shp.GroupItems(2) references the second shape in the group -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware .. "BJ" <bradley.john@westrac.com.au> wrote in message Hello I have grouped four charts, three text ...

Merge text stacked upon an object into one picture?
I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? What version Publisher? Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chiefhollis" <Chiefhollis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:901225A7-9A8E-4046-BF7A-5FF17E06CB6D@microsoft.com... >I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text > boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? It ...

Access
Hi, i have a on going database for my employees and i would like to add another column employee ID number. On the existing table the column employee ID is there but no number associated to the employee. I want to import from excel. the excel file has all employees name and employee number. EE name is the primary key and i only want to import the EE ID number only, the rest of the column in the table leave as is. can someone help me with this? thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 00:44:55 GMT, "accessnote" <u60148@uwe> wrote: >Hi, i have a on going database for my ...

Changing account access to applications
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090505000902020706000303 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently added a password to my logon. That added a "Guest" account to my logon screen. I see that some applications that I installed over the years are available to the guest account. Can I remove access without having to reinstall the application? --------------090505000902020706000303 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

Can we Mix Sales Standard and Sales Pro licenses?
Hi, For the same Organization Name, can we mix Sales Standard and Pro licenses? We currently are using Standard but would like to add more users and have Pro features (mainly Workflow) available later. So if we buy Pro licenses later, do the Standards count in the total licenses; or will we have to buy a completely new set of licenses for all our users? Thanks, Do Do, You cannot mix Sales Std & Sales Pro licenses. You would need to upgrade all you Std licenses to Pro licenses. The only way to mix Std & Pro is if they are different modules (eg. Sales Pro & CS Std). Al...

PROCV from Access
Dear all, with help, I create a validation in a range of excel (the data is from access). For example: in this code below excel create a list - the data is of access - and put this list like a validation in a range. This list contain the accounting code. Now I'm looking for a code that put the accounting description. It=B4s very important to me, that all I'm doing is VBA code!!! and I must work with one sheet, I wouldn't like to bring all information of the table of access and put in a sheet!!! For example, if I select in range a1 the code 10, then in the range b1 appear salary. ...

Outlook XP #17
Hello, I had ofice 11 beta 2 on my computer until it expired. SO I installed Office 2002 but I cannot get my outlook to work. Here is the error message I get: UNABLE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT E-MAIL FOLDERS. COULD NOT OPEN ITEM. TRY GAIN. Any help? Outlook 2003 has a new Unicode format for .PST files and that format is not compatible with older versions of Outlook. You do have a couple of options for getting your data back in the old format, though -- see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp for help. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

Outlook and Win XP
I've jsut upgraded my PC to win XP Pro and need to copy my .dbx files from a back up disk to be usable in WinXP but I can't find where Outlook Express files are stored Can anyone help TIA This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft....

runtime xp problem
Hi, I just upgraded my IDE to Access 2003. My customers have XP runtime installed. As I know - the file format for ADP\ADE didn't change. But when I create an ADE with 2003 I cant open it using XP runtime. I get the "Unrecognized database formt" messeage. When I open the same file using Access XP and create the ADE file - all works OK. Any ideas anyone ? The binary format is different with A2002 and A2003. As a result, an MDE/ADE created with A2003 cannot be used by any earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users -...

Outlook 2003 -Windows XP- very slow
I have more than 100.000 addresses,it takes about 5000 adrs per hour. After import it is VERY VERY slow,have to wait 15 -25 seconds to get choosen address. I defragm both Hdisk and Database feature in OL2003. Why ?? William Rippen Holland 100,000 addresses!!??!! WOW! You can't know that many people, so I guess you manage a client database (or you're a spammer). In any event, first empty your deleted items folder. Then archive old messages to split your .pst file into something smaller. That should help. The truth is, while I'd normally think that would be sufficient, with...

Access Relationship Help
Hi, I am having trouble working with Access. Here is my scenerio: I am suppose to create an Entity Relationship Diagram for a specific problem. The categories for creating an ERD are: Song Title, Artist, Album, Genre, Duration, Location, and Tempo I came up with a relation: Artist -> Album -> Song -> Duration, Location, Tempo Artist -> Genre I tried to create this relationship with the Table Wizard; however, I do not know exactly how to create this. How many tables do I need? Do I need to all 7 tables, or do I need only 3 main tables (and put the others in subcategories)? ...

Limited Access Pages
Is it possible to create web pages in Publisher that have a limited access group, i.e. that certain viewers cannot see? Just guessing here, don't post a hyperlink to the page. Give the URL to the folks you want to see it. These type questions are best asked in the web design group, the below will setup the Microsoft newsgroups in your newsreader. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sheerhell" <Sheerhell@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Access 2007 graph/chart
I have created an access graph in Microsoft Office XP Professional using a union query. I have now moved the database into Access 2007. When I look at the graph in design view everything is fine. When I switch to form view, the window around the graph is present but no graph. If I click on the window, the graph appears as seen in design view (correct). How can I make the graph load properly? Is this a focus issue? Would appreciate any help. Thanks. Arnold ...

Urgent: Accessing CRM DB
We have CRM installed for our sales team. There is an in house application which has to access the accounts stored in the CRM system. This is avery urgent requirement and to save time we are thinking of accessing the crm database directly to read the accounts (though microsft recommends the use of SDK). My questions are - Is this a safe approach (keeping in mind that we will just read the information, not update/delete anything) - What should be the query filters to pick accounts? Should it be deletionstatecode <> 2 only? The other question I has was, is it ok to create custom ta...

Will Windows XP-Professional 64-bit support these MS software prod
1. Microsft Word 2000 2. Microsft Excel 2000 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:917E90C3-687C-45FB-A08E-2B0C666C114E@microsoft.com... > 1. Microsft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 Asked and answered in another newsgroup. If you want to answer the same question in more than one newsgroups learn how to cross-post instead of multi-posting as you have done. That way if someone answers in this newsgroup it would also appear in the other newsgro...

how can I attach a single access database form to an email
I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is possible, Do you really mean a Form or a Report? Steve "tony" wrote: > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > possible, Hi Steve, yes a report "SteveM" wrote: > Do you really mean a Form or a Report? > > Steve > > "tony" wrote: > > > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > > possible, ...

How do I code the cloning of an object in vba?
Specifically a frame containing both a textbox control and a spinbutton control. Thanks Steve Can you be more specific? What are you wanting to do? Are you just wanting to copy a control to another userform? -- Cheers, Ryan "sarndt" wrote: > Specifically a frame containing both a textbox control and a spinbutton > control. > > Thanks > > Steve ...

outlook 2003 (Windows XP) emails gives error re: subscription
In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I keep getting a required subscription for this service. What subscription are they referring to? Thank you. Hotmail You need a paid for Hotmail account to use Outlook (Also applies to some other internet mail accounts) "R Rankl" <R Rankl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39AA85F-C879-4F14-B208-F3918424A523@microsoft.com... > In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I > keep > getting a required subscription for this service. > > What subsc...

Access 2007 02-27-08
On the Access options where you can select a form to display on launch. How do I indicate that I want the form from the custom view to launch (this is so that the Hide Design UI can be used) Cheers ...

Audit Trail of Sales Process
Hi All I have a query in Opportunity Basically I want to maintain Audit Trail of Deal (Opportunity) making process. I wanted to know the dates of various stages of sales process a particular deal has under gone. Does CRM provide the way to get this information? Inputs on this is appreciated Makarand Keer There is nothing "out of the box" that support audit trail. However here are the options: 1. SDK 2. 3rd Party such as VAST (search for VAST) or Dave Carr on this forum Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Makarand Keer" wrote:...