XP-32 can't read dynamic disk set after Win7 install

         I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of
Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets
on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read
them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event
logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error:
The disk group contains no valid configuration copies".

          Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7
which continues to read them). It's only XP 32-bit that fails.

0
Richard

  In xp,try run,type: cmd  In cmd type: DiskPart  In DiskPart,type: list disk
 type: list volume  If the hds are in a readable state,xp should show them.
 Type: HELP  For all DiskPart cmds

"Richard Jones" wrote:

>          I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of
> Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets
> on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read
> them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event
> logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error:
> The disk group contains no valid configuration copies".
>
>           Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7
> which continues to read them). It's only XP 32-bit that fails.
>

> .

ok depending on raid controller you may not have permission on xp32-bit
to read my only thought ntfs should be the same in both 32 & 64 bit system

Richard Jones wrote:
>          I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of
> Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets
> on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read
> them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event
> logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error:
> The disk group contains no valid configuration copies".
>
>           Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7
> which continues to read them). It's only XP 32-bit that fails.

0
Smiles
12/19/2009 1:53:22 PM
         This is something Win7 is doing to the dynamic disk configuration
data. I backed up the data, then, under XP 64-bit, deleted the volumes
completely, then recreated them (it was two stripe sets, one spanned volume,
and one simple volume on a total of two disks). I then booted XP 32-bit. It
saw the disks as "foreign" as expected, I imported them, and all was well.
Booted back and forth between XP 64 and 32, writing the disks, and all was
well.

        I then boot Windows 7 and import the disk set.  It sees all the
volumes. Now, I boot XP 32-bit, it sees them as "foreign" again, but the
import operation fails ("no valid configuration copies" in the event log). I
boot XP 64. It sees them as foreign, but it imports them again fine. I go
back back and forth between Win7 and XP 64-bit reading and writing with no
problems. But XP-32 cannot import them.

        I did this a second time, deleting the volumes under XP-64 and
recreating. Same thing.

        Once Win7 imports them, it "touches" the configuration data in some
way that XP-32 can't handle, but XP-64 can.

"Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ok depending on raid controller you may not have permission on xp32-bit to
> read my only thought ntfs should be the same in both 32 & 64 bit system
>
> Richard Jones wrote:

0
Richard
12/19/2009 8:43:28 PM
ok you have done all I would do I only tried W7 as I do not have it up
and running this is all I can advise.

Richard Jones wrote:
>          This is something Win7 is doing to the dynamic disk configuration
> data. I backed up the data, then, under XP 64-bit, deleted the volumes
> completely, then recreated them (it was two stripe sets, one spanned volume,
> and one simple volume on a total of two disks). I then booted XP 32-bit. It
> saw the disks as "foreign" as expected, I imported them, and all was well.
> Booted back and forth between XP 64 and 32, writing the disks, and all was
> well.
>
>         I then boot Windows 7 and import the disk set.  It sees all the
> volumes. Now, I boot XP 32-bit, it sees them as "foreign" again, but the
> import operation fails ("no valid configuration copies" in the event log). I
> boot XP 64. It sees them as foreign, but it imports them again fine. I go
> back back and forth between Win7 and XP 64-bit reading and writing with no
> problems. But XP-32 cannot import them.
>
>         I did this a second time, deleting the volumes under XP-64 and
> recreating. Same thing.
>
>         Once Win7 imports them, it "touches" the configuration data in some
> way that XP-32 can't handle, but XP-64 can.
>

> "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> ok depending on raid controller you may not have permission on xp32-bit to
>> read my only thought ntfs should be the same in both 32 & 64 bit system
>>
>> Richard Jones wrote:

0
Smiles
12/20/2009 4:21:22 PM
      I contacted MS tech support about this, and all they did was deny that
Windows 7 would make any changes to the disk configuration.  It obviously
is. I'd like to figure out just what's going on.

> ok you have done all I would do I only tried W7 as I do not have it up and
> running this is all I can advise.

0
Richard
12/20/2009 9:28:33 PM

        Well, I solved the problem. Turned out to be a driver problem,
apparently. This IDE card used the HPT 370 chipset (I put in a new
motherboard which had only one EIDE channel onboard and so used this
HPT-base card I had so I could continue to use my old EIDE drives along with
SATA).

         Now, HighPoint only put out Vista drivers for 64-bit, and I was
using that for XP 64 as well as Windows 7. The XP 32-bit install was using
the last pre-Vista drivers. Well, on a lark, I decided to try the 32-bit
Vista driver for XP and lo and behold it loaded and worked fine. Then I let
Win7 import the disk sets.

               I booted XP-32. Well, it saw them as foreign due to whatever
changes Win7 makes. I crossed my fingers and tried reimporting. It worked.
Success.

        Now, I didn't even think about this being a driver issue because the
Logical disk manager is "on top" of the driver, I thought -- it does its
thing at a level about the disk driver. But that was it, and how and why I
don't know.

"Richard Jones" <nobody@nowhere.nul> wrote in message

>      I contacted MS tech support about this, and all they did was deny
> that Windows 7 would make any changes to the disk configuration.  It
> obviously is. I'd like to figure out just what's going on.

0
Richard
12/21/2009 7:28:48 AM
Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.

John

Richard Jones wrote:
>         Well, I solved the problem. Turned out to be a driver problem,
> apparently. This IDE card used the HPT 370 chipset (I put in a new
> motherboard which had only one EIDE channel onboard and so used this
> HPT-base card I had so I could continue to use my old EIDE drives along with
> SATA).
>
>          Now, HighPoint only put out Vista drivers for 64-bit, and I was
> using that for XP 64 as well as Windows 7. The XP 32-bit install was using
> the last pre-Vista drivers. Well, on a lark, I decided to try the 32-bit
> Vista driver for XP and lo and behold it loaded and worked fine. Then I let
> Win7 import the disk sets.
>
>                I booted XP-32. Well, it saw them as foreign due to whatever
> changes Win7 makes. I crossed my fingers and tried reimporting. It worked.
> Success.
>
>         Now, I didn't even think about this being a driver issue because the
> Logical disk manager is "on top" of the driver, I thought -- it does its
> thing at a level about the disk driver. But that was it, and how and why I
> don't know.
>
> "Richard Jones" <nobody@nowhere.nul> wrote in message
>>      I contacted MS tech support about this, and all they did was deny
>> that Windows 7 would make any changes to the disk configuration.  It
>> obviously is. I'd like to figure out just what's going on.

0
John
12/21/2009 1:46:33 PM
      Well, I spoke to soon. After letting Win7 write the disk sets a bit, I
booted back into XP 32 bit, and Arggghhhh! It showed the disk sets as
"inactive" (not "foreign") Trying to reactivate failed with the same "no
configuration copy can be found" error message. And XP 64-bit continues to
have no problem.

          Changing the driver did "help". XP 32 bit was able to reimport
what it now saw as foreign disks. With the old driver it couldn't do that.
But still Win7 makes some changes that it still can't handle. :sigh:

       It has no problems with basic disks between them. Depending on if I
feel like it, I might try a different EIDE card and see if that fixes it. Or
I might just recreate the partitions as regular ones on basic disks. Or just
forget about Win 7.

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.
>
> John

0
Richard
12/21/2009 8:15:23 PM
Richard Jones wrote:
>       Well, I spoke to soon. After letting Win7 write the disk sets a bit, I
> booted back into XP 32 bit, and Arggghhhh! It showed the disk sets as
> "inactive" (not "foreign") Trying to reactivate failed with the same "no
> configuration copy can be found" error message. And XP 64-bit continues to
> have no problem.
>
>           Changing the driver did "help". XP 32 bit was able to reimport
> what it now saw as foreign disks. With the old driver it couldn't do that.
> But still Win7 makes some changes that it still can't handle. :sigh:
>
>        It has no problems with basic disks between them. Depending on if I
> feel like it, I might try a different EIDE card and see if that fixes it. Or
> I might just recreate the partitions as regular ones on basic disks. Or just
> forget about Win 7.

There are a couple things down at the end of the device. There
would be the 1MB database used by the dynamic disk.
There is also the 64KB or smaller metadata used by a RAID
controller, to keep track of disks in an array. There are normally
mechanisms in place to prevent collision. On my RAID controller,
the controller indicates the disk is smaller than it really is, so
that writes to the data portion of the disk, can't touch the
metadata area. The driver is responsible for enforcing this. If
I move my disk to another controller, or change to a non-RAID driver,
I may be able to examine the RAID metadata. I've done that
with my controller, and found a 4KB chunk with 16 data structures
in it. That is the metadata that keeps track of RAID arrays. That
gets written during array setup.

I don't have a "disk editor". Instead, what I do, is use a port of "dd"
to be able to copy small regions from the disk. And then, examine the
resulting small file with a hex editor. My hex editor won't examine anything
larger than 2GB in size, so I have no choice but to "think small".

http://www.chrysocome.net/dd

The command "dd --list" tells me my test disk is 33554432 sectors long.
If I issue a command like this, this copies 16MB from the very end of
the device. I picked that size, as a cylinder is 8MB, and I wanted to
make sure no matter how bad my math, that I got a snapshot of the
1MB dynamic disk database. So I decided to snapshot two cylinders
worth, to cover that area. (In fake geometry terms, a cylinder is
255 heads and 63 sectors, 512 bytes per sector, giving about 8MB or so.)

    dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk2\Partition0 of=big.bin skip=33521664

The "skip" option starts the copy operation near the end of the raw disk.
33554432 - 33521664 = 32768 sectors, times 512bytes = 16MB of data.
The "big.bin" file ends up with that data. I use a hex editor on
that, to find the 1MB dynamic disk database. It is pretty sparsely
occupied, since I have a simple volume with one partition. It didn't
seem to be butted up against the end of that space, and I think I
had maybe 350,000 bytes empty at the end.

So that is an example of a tool you can use, when you can't afford
a sector level disk editor. Maybe you can take a snapshot down near
the end before and after the corruption occurs. Then compare them,
and figure out what changed.

("dd" runs from the Command Prompt, so you type that stuff into
the Command Prompt window.)

    Paul

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.
>>
>> John

0
Paul
12/22/2009 2:56:23 AM

      Thanks for the suggestions. What I finally did was just give up using
the dyanmic disks and go back to basic disks. It was too easy for Win7 to
mess them up (running setup to reinstall or do another clean install would
always "touch" the dynamic disks).

         To make this clear, while I was using an HPT-370 RAID card, the
card was not in RAID mode. It is simply functioning as a regular IDE
controller. The stripe sets on the dynamic disks were done using Windows own
Dynamic Disk LDM, not the RAID card software. So whatever the "corruption"
(well, it was something Win 7 and XP 64-bit had no problem with, only 32 bit
XP -- I'd bet that Win2K3 Server could handle it as. XP 64 is versioned as
NT 5.2 along with Win2K3, while XP 32-bit is NT 5.1 -- I'll bet the 5.2
codebase would all handle it, while it's just the 5.1 that can't, whatever
it is) was, it is with Windows own LDM code.

         If I had the time and another machine to play, I'd try to
investigate this further just to see, but this is my main working machine
and I need the data on those disks up.

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> wrote in message news:hgpcfc$rrk$1@aioe.org...

> There are a couple things down at the end of the device. There
> would be the 1MB database used by the dynamic disk.
> There is also the 64KB or smaller metadata used by a RAID
> controller, to keep track of disks in an array. There are normally
> mechanisms in place to prevent collision. On my RAID controller,
> the controller indicates the disk is smaller than it really is, so
> that writes to the data portion of the disk, can't touch the
> metadata area. The driver is responsible for enforcing this. If
> I move my disk to another controller, or change to a non-RAID driver,
> I may be able to examine the RAID metadata. I've done that
> with my controller, and found a 4KB chunk with 16 data structures
> in it. That is the metadata that keeps track of RAID arrays. That
> gets written during array setup.
>
> SNIP
>
>    Paul

0
Richard

Dynamic GP 9.0 and SQL 2005 SP3
Hello i have my server with Dynamic GP 9.0 SP2 with Sql 2005 Sp2 and work fine. but i Need upgrate to sql 2005 SP3. after intall did work my dynamic Gp 9.0? Thanks Assuming what you are saying is that your GP 9 does not work after applying SQL Server Service Pack 3, then you should check that your ODBC connections have not changed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "elvis" wrote: > Hello > i ...

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

Printer setting on sales reports
I am trying to setup a different default printer on a specific sales transaction, is that possible? I am going to Sales->Sales Batches, and for one of the batch transactions, I want them to print to a different printer. I know I can choose another printer manually once I am there by going to print setup, but would it be possible for me to eliminate that step for my users? My appoligies if I am using incorrect terminoligy for some of these things, I am not too familiar with Great Plains yet. Using Named Printers, you can direct invoices to one printer and picking tickets to another. ...

Version Control with Dynamics.vba
Does anyone have a good system for version control with dynamics vba programming? I have had problems with dynamics.vba becoming corrupted in the past - I lost work each and every time. It was suggested to me that Sourcesafe, ironically, was the culprit. I don't know for certain that that was the case. At any rate, Dynamics.vba, Forms.dic, Reports.dic, .frxs and ..frms all need to be under version control. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated. ...

no autoupdater in new macbook with new office install,
Hello ... I am new to Macs so I hope the answer to this isn't obvious. Just purchased Macbook. About this Mac says Mac OS X Version 10.4.9 I tested the Office:Mac test drive then purchased it. Before installing I uninstalled as instructed, then did a custom installation but chose to install everything. No problems - everything running fine etc. When I click on Check for Updates in the Help Menu it says Autoupdate isn't installed - do I want to install it now. I click yes ... but it says There Was an Error Installing Autoupdate So I searched and haven't found an definitive an...

How to set new default for plot area settings
Hi, In Excel 2003, how do I set new default value for plot area to Automatic? Now the default is custom, and background colour one that I do not want. I can change the plot area to automatic for a chart I have created, but would like to change the default value so, that whenever creating a new chart, it would have Plot area settings "Border" and "Area" set as automatic. Obviously it should be done within the template Book.xlt, but how? Hi, You can format a chart and store it as a user defined chart type, which can also be set as the default. http://pubs.logicalexp...

how to set audio language
hi, my WMP version is 11.0.5721.5145. i was trying to watch some japanese anime (OGM files) on WMP but it came out in it original japanese audio and the english voiceover. how do i shut one of the audio off so i only hear one voice? WMP has never handled multiple audio tracks in a video unfortunately. Up to ver. 11 it superimposed them as you've found, in ver. 12 it seems it just plays the 1st track encoded and ignores the other. You will need to use a different player such as Media Player Classic, VLC or Winamp which allows audio track selection. "Sue" <...

Outlook 2007 install problem
when i tried to install outlook 2007 it hangs up and the end and will not complete. Task manager shows it running, but after 2 hours I ended the task. Now I can install or uninstall anything because I get a message that says something is installing and wait until it finishes. But, nothing is installing and Outlook 2007 does not show up on the program list. Help. If you are running an Anti-Virus program, like Norton or Trend, Turn it off while you do the install. Also, log out of any other programs that may be running. Are you using Microsoft XP as your processing system? Or maybe Vis...

2003 Installed? ?
PC bombed out. They had to reinstall system and lost ALL programs, kept data. Reinstalled Excel and Word using the 25 keys. NOW - where is the PowerPoint we had before PC went bad.. Wife NOT happy about this. Is happy we still have the spreadsheets and docs. On 11/19/09 9:10 AM, in article 4b0550e5$0$4978$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com, "JLMCCABES" <JLMCCABES@CFL.RR.COM> wrote: > PC bombed out. They had to reinstall system and lost ALL programs, kept > data. Reinstalled Excel and Word using the 25 keys. NOW - where is the > PowerPoint we...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

Setting up multiple accounts in Wndows live mail
I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the default account. What do I need to correct? Do you mean that messages for both accounts are populating the same Inbox folder? If so, create another folder called Inbox2, for example, and then create a rule to move one of the account's messages in to it. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE09688-A477-4AE8-BA74-5B7104BF951C@microsoft.com... > I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the > default account. > What do I n...

must read
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

Setting Hotmail as Default Folder
Is there a way to make my Hotmail folder the default folder? As it is now, after Outlook opens I have to click on the Hotmail folder to get to my Hotmail Inbox. I would also like to use all the features that are in the normal Outlook folder, e.g., Calendar, Contacts, etc. What version of Outlook???? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, DaveP asked: | Is there a way to make my Hotmai...

ExecuteXmlReader w/ Multiple result sets from SP
I have an sp that outputs multiple xml fragments w/ no root. The sp calls individual sp's to output the correct set of data and each "type" has different fields. ex.: <LEADERBOARD @Type='Rushing'> <LEADER @Carries=''/> </LEADERBOARD> <LEADERBOARD @Type='QBRating'> <LEADER @Rating='' @CompletionPct=''/> </LEADERBOARD> <LEADERBOARD @Type='Tackles'> <LEADER @Assisted='' @Tackles='' @Total=''/> </LEADERBOARD> I need to take the output and use XSL...

setting up my fax
H How do I set up fax on outlook or wndows messaging to access using my phone line (not internet dial-up)? I cannot send nor receive as no fax option is shown on menu of outlook and help does not explain set up Please help. OS = Win9 office 2000 premiu modem= duxbury (class1 thank Jea You must first provide the mail support mode of Outlook 2000 you are using (Line 2 of Help | About if you don't know: Internet Mail Only VS Corp/Workgroup). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D1E4A24-530F-4A46-A968-2C79...

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

2 sets of data I need one line
I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any help Thanks Hi, You need to create a xy scatter chart. Assuming you have already tried selecting both ranges of data and creating a chart try this instead. Select the y values and create a xy scatter chart. Then right click chart and use the Source data dialog to specify the x values. Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the > same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any he...

Program won't end in Win7
I have an Excel 2007 VBA program that creates a phone directory. It was built and ran fine in Vista. Now it won't end. (perpetual running, creating blank entries, I guess) The key area is in a For...Next End statement. For m= 1 to 26 (Letters from A to Z) .... .... Next End End Sub Anything I need to do that is special for Win 7? Thanks, Jim Berglund I doubt it's due to Windows. Key is what happens within the loop. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&...

Outlook XP no longer does auto send/receive
Hi all, Seems several PCs on our network have mysteriously decided to stop doing auto send-receives, even though they have clearly been set up to do so every 5 mins. In fact, my Outlook has started (not) doing it today & I *know* I haven't touched any email settings for weeks. I have SP3 installed. Any/all advice much appreciated, as is email followup (if possible). To reply via email please substitute 'nospam' with 'global'. ...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

Installation of CRM v3.0c fails with Outlook 2007 #2
There is this thread, which I wish to reply to but don't know how. Thread URL: http://groups.google.com.my/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/9a8dd21187c63f8f/70ec92d8b2203f30?hl=en&lnk=st&q=The+installed+version+of+Microsoft+Outlook+is+not+supported+by+the+Microsoft+CRM+client.+Please+upgrade+to+the+current+release+of+Microsoft+Office+Outlook.#70ec92d8b2203f30 Please see my solution at: http://zenetlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/installing-ms-dynamics-crm-client-v3c.html Hope this is useful. Regards, Eunice Hmmnnn - unfortunately, the conclusion in your blog is inco...

Security in Dynamics GP 10
Does anybody know anything about the new upcoming security features in Dynamics GP 10? I've seen on other posts that there are big changes but I don't see any documentation or white papers on the site. Thanks! One of the biggest differences is that GP 10 will provide no default security to the menus, termed "pessimistic security," whereas previous versions provided security termed "optimistic." When a user was set up in GP, the user had access to everything unless you were using a class. You will be able to set up various roles and users can be assigned to...

IS CDO installed by default on Exchange server?
Is CDO installed by default on exchange server or do you need to activate it? steve "sdmusicmaker" <sdmusicmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC69D53A-B88B-4BC0-A8C4-9EB5C9D85B35@microsoft.com... > Is CDO installed by default on exchange server or do you need to activate it? > > steve Yes. There are a few different flavours of CDO (CDO 1.21, CDOEX, CDOSYS), but all are present by default. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP www.owapda.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _______________...

Outlook 2003 new install wom't start
Outlook 2003 opens very briefly and then shuts down in a few seconds. I am using a 2.66 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and MS Windows XP Pro. SP2. I recently re-installed Windows on a new hard disk and then installed Office 2003 and many other programs. I had had everything in fine working order before (on the old hard disk) but needed to go to a larger hard disk. Now, when I try to start Outlook, it opens but closes after just a few seconds. All the other Office programs work fine. I tried the "detect & repair"; I tried uninstalling Outlook then re-installing; .Still no good on O...