Windows XP Won't Load 12-10-09

I am hoping that somebody can help me as I freeze in cold and stormy Scotland.

I was doing some online shopping, clearing email etc. and was in the process
of closing windows browser pages when suddenly the screen went black and the
computer then tried to restart. When it rebooted, instead of the usual
desktop I had a black page with the following message:

-------------------------------
We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully.
A recent Hardware or Software change might have caused this. If your computer
stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to
protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to
revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or
because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren’t sure what
caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally
------------------------------

Initially I tried ‘Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings
that worked)’ but the computer restarted and came back with exactly the same
screen. I then tried ‘Start Windows Normally’ and the same thing happened and
I then tried ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ which yet again rebooted to the
screen above.

I am hopeless with computers but I trawled through the Help pages looking
for inspiration or a miracle and the best I could come up with was pressing
the F8 key during the next start up. This took me to the Windows Advanced
Options Menu which offered me similar choices to the original error screen. I
tried  ‘Start Windows Normally’ and was presented with the following screen:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Trap 00000006 = = = = = = = = = = = exception = = = = = = = = = =
tr = 0028    cr0 = 80000011     cr2 = 00000000     cr3 = 00039000
gdt limit = 03FF     base = 003F000     idt limit = 07FF     base = 0003F400

cs: eip = 0008:0040737F     ss: esp = 0010:0005F95C     errcode = 0000

There was no instruction so I manually switched off the computer and tried
again – Back to square one!! I have tried restarting with and without using
F8 key and choosing the previous selections with absolutely no success. The
best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to system32\drivers
and then reverts to the original message.

If anybody thinks they can help me then I will be extremely grateful for the
assistance. I am sending this request from another computer and will ask if I
can use it again tomorrow to see if there are any knights in shining armour
out there.

All the best,

Christy

"Christy" wrote:

> [...]
> Trap 00000006 = = = = = = = = = = = exception = = = = = = = = = =
> tr = 0028    cr0 = 80000011     cr2 = 00000000     cr3 = 00039000
> gdt limit = 03FF     base = 003F000     idt limit = 07FF     base = 0003F400
>
> cs: eip = 0008:0040737F     ss: esp = 0010:0005F95C     errcode = 0000
>
> There was no instruction so I manually switched off the computer and tried
> again – Back to square one!! I have tried restarting with and without using
> F8 key and choosing the previous selections with absolutely no success. The
> best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to system32\drivers
> and then reverts to the original message.
>
> If anybody thinks they can help me then I will be extremely grateful for the
> assistance. I am sending this request from another computer and will ask if I
> can use it again tomorrow to see if there are any knights in shining armour

This sounds like a hardware failure. Take the hard drive out and slave it
into another computer and see if you can read your data on the drive. If you
can, copy it off onto the host machine's drive, or onto a USB external drive.
If you can't read the drive, it has likely failed.

Download and burn to CD, memtest86+ Boot the machine from the disk you just
created, and let it run for at least 6 passes. This might take several hours-
let it run over night. If any of the RAM tests bad, replace it.

If the hard drive is good, after you have copied your data off, put it back
into the affected machine.

Download and create a Knoppix live Linnux CD and boot the machine with the
Knoppix disk. If the hard drive is good and your RAM is good, but the Knoppix
disk won't load or run; then you have some other failure likely somewhere on
the mainboard. At least you'll know that your data is now safe.
Christy wrote:
> [...]
> Trap 00000006 = = = = = = = = = = = exception = = = = = = = = = =
> tr = 0028    cr0 = 80000011     cr2 = 00000000     cr3 = 00039000
> gdt limit = 03FF     base = 003F000     idt limit = 07FF     base = 0003F400
>
> cs: eip = 0008:0040737F     ss: esp = 0010:0005F95C     errcode = 0000
>
> There was no instruction so I manually switched off the computer and tried
> again – Back to square one!! I have tried restarting with and without using
> F8 key and choosing the previous selections with absolutely no success. The
> best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to system32\drivers
> and then reverts to the original message.
>
> If anybody thinks they can help me then I will be extremely grateful for the
> assistance. I am sending this request from another computer and will ask if I
> can use it again tomorrow to see if there are any knights in shining armour

Unless you have a laptop with a working battery, what probably happened
is that you had a brief power failure (you said it was cold and stormy
Scotland) while Windows was working on a system file.  If this is the
case, there are "relatively simple" methods to recover your system but
they require that you have the Windows XP CD (not a "recovery" CD that
comes with some name-brand computers) or some other specialized recovery
tools.

Given your self-description as "hopeless with computers," I suggest that
your best course of action is to exchange some of your money for your
time and potential aggravation and take your computer to a *competent*
local repair shop. Ask around. If you were in the USA, I'd tell you to
avoid self-advertised "geeks" and similar chain store operations, but I
don't know anything about computer repair shops in Scotland.

If you do have a laptop, then the power-fail scenario isn't as likely
and you may have had a hardware failure. In this case, I even more
strongly suggest that you go to a competent local repair shop.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
12/10/2009 11:58:41 PM
Lem wrote:
> [...]
> case, there are "relatively simple" methods to recover your system but
> they require that you have the Windows XP CD (not a "recovery" CD that
> comes with some name-brand computers) or some other specialized recovery
> tools.
>
> Given your self-description as "hopeless with computers," I suggest that
> your best course of action is to exchange some of your money for your
> time and potential aggravation and take your computer to a *competent*
> local repair shop. Ask around. If you were in the USA, I'd tell you to
> avoid self-advertised "geeks" and similar chain store operations, but I
> don't know anything about computer repair shops in Scotland.
>
> If you do have a laptop, then the power-fail scenario isn't as likely
> and you may have had a hardware failure. In this case, I even more
> strongly suggest that you go to a competent local repair shop.

+1

0
PA
12/11/2009 12:21:20 AM

"Lem" wrote:

> [...]
> case, there are "relatively simple" methods to recover your system but
> they require that you have the Windows XP CD (not a "recovery" CD that
> comes with some name-brand computers) or some other specialized recovery
> tools.
>
> Given your self-description as "hopeless with computers," I suggest that
> your best course of action is to exchange some of your money for your
> time and potential aggravation and take your computer to a *competent*
> local repair shop. Ask around. If you were in the USA, I'd tell you to
> avoid self-advertised "geeks" and similar chain store operations, but I
> don't know anything about computer repair shops in Scotland.
>
> If you do have a laptop, then the power-fail scenario isn't as likely
> and you may have had a hardware failure. In this case, I even more
> strongly suggest that you go to a competent local repair shop.

Thanks for your advice.

It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 if
you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.

Christy
Christy wrote:

> Thanks for your advice.
>
> It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 if
> you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
> worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
> sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.
>
> Christy

Does the XP on the computer have SP3?

"C" wrote:

> Christy wrote:
> >

> > Thanks for your advice.
> >
> > It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 if
> > you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
> > worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
> > sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.
> >
> > Christy
>
> Does the XP on the computer have SP3?

> .

I'm really not sure if it has SP3 - the only way it would have it is if it
came as part of a windows update.

Christy
Christy wrote:

> "C" wrote:
>
>> Christy wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for your advice.
>>>
>>> It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 if
>>> you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
>>> worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
>>> sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.
>>>
>>> Christy
>> Does the XP on the computer have SP3?
>>
>> --
>> .
>>

> I'm really not sure if it has SP3 - the only way it would have it is if it
> came as part of a windows update.
>
> Christy

Try using the XP CD to do a repair install, NOT repair console. You will
need to boot from the CD to do it. If you have SP3 installed, it will
tell you can't because the XP that's installed is newer. If that's the
case, you'll have to slipstream SP3 into your current version by using a
program like Autostreamer.

> [...]
>> > 0003F400
>> >
>> > cs: eip = 0008:0040737F     ss: esp = 0010:0005F95C     errcode = 0000
>> >
>> > There was no instruction so I manually switched off the computer and
>> > tried
>> > again - Back to square one!! I have tried restarting with and without
>> > using
>> > F8 key and choosing the previous selections with absolutely no success.
>> > The
>> > best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to
>> > system32\drivers
>> > and then reverts to the original message.
>> >
>> > If anybody thinks they can help me then I will be extremely grateful
>> > for the
>> > assistance. I am sending this request from another computer and will
>> > ask if I
>> > can use it again tomorrow to see if there are any knights in shining

"Christy" adds...
> It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2
> if
> you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
> worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
> sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.
>
> Christy

Christy:
It's hard, if not impossible, to determine at this point whether the problem
you're experiencing is related to some defective hardware component or is
due to simply a corrupted operating system (OS) as a result of one cause or
another.

At this point in time it's probably practical to lean toward the latter
explanation since if that *is* the cause of the problem it can be a
relatively simple process to overcome.

Basically what you can do is to undertake a Repair installation of the XP OS
with your XP/SP2 installation CD. I'm assuming you're not familiar with that
process so here are a few details.

As a practical matter a Repair install of the OS is a relatively
straightforward & simple process roughly akin to making a fresh install of
the OS. Hopefully a successful Repair install of the OS will return your
system to a bootable/functional state. And in nearly every case your
existing programs &
user-created data would be retained. Notice I said "nearly". While it would
be a rather rare situation where data would be lost or corrupted as a result
of the Repair install, and as unlikely as it may be, it *could* happen.

So if there are any programs and/or other data on your present drive that
are absolutely crucial to you and you could not tolerate their loss, then I
would strongly suggest that before undertaking this Repair install operation
that you first either make a "clone" of your existing HDD (using a disk
imaging or disk-cloning program) or, if that's not practical and you can
install the HDD as a secondary HDD in some other machine, pull off whatever
data you want onto some removable media, e.g., flash drive, CD, etc. before
proceeding with the Repair install.

Again, it's a relatively rare event that a loss or corruption of data will
occur even when the Repair install is unsuccessful, but it *can* happen. So
I want you to be aware of this.

Here are the step-by-step instructions for undertaking a Repair install of
the XP OS that can be found at Microsoft's site at...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/nostart.mspx#2

<quote>
Before performing a repair installation of Windows XP, you should have both
your Windows XP CD and your product key available.

To perform a repair installation of Windows XP...

1. Insert your Windows XP CD into your computer.

2. Restart your computer. If prompted, press a key to start from the CD-ROM.

3. When the Welcome to Setup page appears, press ENTER on your keyboard.

4. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement page, read the licensing agreement.
Press the PAGE DOWN key to scroll to the bottom of the agreement. Then,
press F8.

5. When prompted, press R to have Windows XP attempt to repair Windows by
reinstalling important Windows components.

The repair and reinstallation process might take more than an hour.
Eventually, Setup prompts you to answer questions just as if you were
installing Windows XP for the first time. For detailed instructions, read
"Install Windows XP" at...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/install.mspx"
</quote>

Also, here are a number of websites that contain detailed step-by-step
instructions for undertaking a Repair install in the event you desire
further info on the process. Let me again assure you that it's not a
difficult process and not terribly time-consuming. As I've indicated, it's
roughly similar to making a fresh install of the XP OS. There's really not
too much to it.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=138
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Assuming the Repair install is successful, you should use your anti-virus
program to immediately check out your PC for any malware infestation. Since
you will be undertaking this Repair install with your XP/SP2 installation CD
(and assuming that the Repair install of the OS proves successful) you'll
probably want to later install SP3 after determining all went well with the
Repair install and the subsequent (since SP3) critical updates from
Microsoft.

Should the Repair install prove unsuccessful, report back re such and we can
go on from there if you desire.
Anna

0
Anna
12/11/2009 3:56:51 PM
Christy wrote:

> [...]
>> avoid self-advertised "geeks" and similar chain store operations, but I
>> don't know anything about computer repair shops in Scotland.
>>
>> If you do have a laptop, then the power-fail scenario isn't as likely
>> and you may have had a hardware failure. In this case, I even more
>> strongly suggest that you go to a competent local repair shop.
>>
>> --
>> Lem
>>
>> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html
>> .
>>

> Thanks for your advice.
>
> It is a desktop I have and I do have a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 if
> you don't mind explaining the relatively simple method to me. It might be
> worth a try, before parting with money I don't have at the moment, as it
> sounds like I don't have much to lose anyway.

As usual, Anna provides comprehensive and detailed advice.

If something doesn't work, please report the error message(s) in as much
detail as you did in your original post.

You very well may have installed SP3, because this has been offered by
Windows Update since about May 2008.  In this case, when you try to do
the repair install with a Win XP SP2 CD, you will get an error message
to the effect that "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows
on your computer is newer than the version on the CD."

It is yet another "relatively easy" procedure to create a Win XP SP3 CD
using your existing XP SP2 CD. To do so, you will need access to a
computer that has the capability of "burning" or creating a CD.  Some
links to information about this process are at the bottom of the
michaelstevenstech page listed in Anna's post.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
(SNIP)

"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
> As usual, Anna provides comprehensive and detailed advice.
>
> If something doesn't work, please report the error message(s) in as much
> detail as you did in your original post.
>
> You very well may have installed SP3, because this has been offered by
> Windows Update since about May 2008.  In this case, when you try to do the
> repair install with a Win XP SP2 CD, you will get an error message to the
> effect that "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your
> computer is newer than the version on the CD."
>
> It is yet another "relatively easy" procedure to create a Win XP SP3 CD
> using your existing XP SP2 CD. To do so, you will need access to a
> computer that has the capability of "burning" or creating a CD.  Some
> links to information about this process are at the bottom of the
> michaelstevenstech page listed in Anna's post.
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

Lem (& Christy)...
Christy can undertake the Repair install of the XP OS with her current XP OS
installation CD that contains SP2 (and not SP3). Regardless of whether her
present OS has been updated with SP3 she will *not* get the error message
you refer to, i.e., "Setup cannot continue...".

That Windows error message will display only if the user has been able to
boot to his/her desktop and attempts a reinstallation of the XP OS with an
installation CD that contains an earlier SP.

In Christy's case her problem is an unbootable system to start with. So if &
when she undertakes a Repair install of the OS she will be doing so by
booting to the XP OS installation CD. The fact that her present OS may
contain SP3 while the XP installation CD contains SP2 is immaterial. The
Repair install will proceed without Windows invoking any error message
pertaining to the SP situation.

The important point is that the editions be the same in terms of Home, Pro,
etc., i.e., should her installed OS be XP Home, she would not be able to
undertake the Repair install with an XP Pro installation CD. But it seems
clear the foregoing is not an issue here.

Naturally (should the Repair install be successful) and Christy finds that
she now has a bootable functional system (containing SP2 of course) she will
later install SP3 onto the system together with the MS XP critical updates
issued since the release of SP3.

Had Christy had an XP OS installation CD containing SP3 to begin with it
generally would be wise to undertake the Repair install with that media even
if her currently installed XP OS contained an earlier SP. Hopefully Christy
will look into creating a "slipstreamed" XP/SP3 installation CD after she's
sorted out her current problem. But we'll leave that for later...
Anna

0
Anna

Double window opens
Whenever I open a office document, I get two windows opening. The first is the actual document I need, the second is a blank page that's greyed out, with no infomation on it. How can I stop this "ghost" window that oipens?? Graham What version of Office are you using? Does that only happen when you open the document from Windows Explorer or does it also happen when you open the document by going to Word and doing File | Open... Does it happen in Word and Excel and PowerPoint and...or just in one of those? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tow...

windows live messenger goes not signIn
From yesterday live messenger does not allow me to sign in. It does not allow me to change the password on the sigin page (it is disable). I tired uninstalling and installing but in vain. I deleted the host file and repaired registry, but still does not work. I tired the older version of window messenger it works, and while being sigin in from the windows messenger if I try to use live messenger, it would sign off me from windows messenger. I have done connection testing from live messenger it says connected to server and while using connection troubleshooter, it says hosts file ...

load hierarchically related data from xml
I am researching some options for loading hierarchically related data from xml into an sql server database. I do not have the primary keys in the source xml files. The primary keys are identity fields in the tables, and are auto generated integers. I have about 40 tables that are related, and the data is contained in a single xml file that will be hierarchical and related. I am using the following technology/tools: SQL Server 2000 sp3a SQLXML 3 ..Net c# ..Net framework on the servers, latest updates The product requirements include using C#, .Net framework on the servers, xml, an...

Table loading?
Hi there, Fairly novice at Access - was a Notes developer in a former life. Is there any way to see how a table is getting its data loaded into it? My query's failing because a table does not have any data from August in it, but I can't tell how it's picked up data from prior months. (I just took over this position - the person who developed the DB left seven weeks ago.) Cheers, Shaun Data can be entered into a table many ways. You can type it in directly at table level, at query level, or through a form. You can also import data from other programs. Then there's appen...

How to read Mac Address in Windows 95
Hi, All Is there anyway to get Mac Address programmaticaly without use Netbios interface and SNMP in windows 95? Thanks in advance. ...

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

Can Office 2007 Professional be loaded on a net book?
I have heard that Office 2007 cannot be loaded on a net book. Is this true? When I tried to down load the 60 day free trial. I am asked to initialize it. When I try I am asked to insert CD #1 and reinstall Outlook. After the time invested in the down load, I have heard told that Out look cannont be down loaded to a net book. Is this true and does anyone have a solution? Thanks Scott Office can be installed on any PC which meets the hardware / o/s requirements Are you downloading from the internet or trying to activate any preinstalled Trial? "ScottQ"...

Add a refresh button to the Account Summary window
At present if you are working with the Account Summary window open in GL and make a posting to an account that has already been viewed and then try to view the data, the Final totals are updated and correct but the Period totals are not. I suggest a refresh button is added to the window to recalculate the Period figures when required so that all figures displayed by the window are correct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the mess...

I've just installed outlook on windows 7
Can someone help me determine why i'm not getting my emails. I've set up my account correctly, mutiple time, but can't seem to get my emails when I click send/receive button. When I send an email to my outlock account, from my ..aol email account it's says my mailbox is full, but I don't see any of my emails in my outlook account. It seems that I'm having trouble getting to my company's email server. Is there a way to check the connection to my company's server? -- colleen s colleen S wrote: > Can someone help me determine why i'...

Upgrade to GP 10 #2
I am grading from GP 9.0 SP 3 to GP 10. Do I gain anything by first applying GP 10 SP 1 before upgrading the data? -- Japheth Nolt Microsoft SBF Specialist Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com 8/19/2008 4:50:50 PM Japhet, You are better off installing directly with GP 10.0 Feature Pack 1, which is a full installation version including service pack 2 (10.00.1061). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Japheth Nolt" wrote: > I am grading from GP 9.0 SP 3 to GP 10. Do I gain anything by first ...

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

reinstall XP from upgrade XP SP3 disk
I have been helping a friend via phone and email to get her old computer working again. She replaced it with a new Win 7 machine. She wanted to clean off all of her old files on the old one and reinstall XP. She had a XP SP3 CD (authentic). She cleaned the hard drive by wiping with Part Wizard. Then inserted the XP CD and restarted. Nothing. I then learned that it was an Upgrade, and apparently is not bootable. Checked the bios and CD drive is listed first. What can/should I do to get the Upgrade installed? She wants to give the old one to a kid and it needs to be worki...

Sharing Publisher 2007 files between computers with XP and Vista
I was emailed a Publisher 2007 document created on a system using Vista. I was able to open and edit the document using my XP version of Publisher 2007. I sent it back to the originator for review, and was told that she was unable to open the file. I asked a tech support worker I know (not Microsoft, just a techie) about the issue, and he just said, "It's a known issue." Does this mean that Microsoft has done something so that collaboration is not allowed between two people using the same program on two different operating systems? Why would I be able to open her do...

Getting Scheduled Tasks to open Outlook in XP Pro?
Hi, I have tried everything to get Outlook to open once in the morning to retrieve my mail. I have set a password and given it what it asks for. I have no trouble running any or Norton Utilities. My Outlook is part of XP Office and updated. Any Suggestions? Thank's Rich ...

How to add additional degree to dropdown in Education window-Human
Hi, I would like add few more degree in Education-Human Resource dropdown list. I couldn't find a place to add to that list, Please help ...

Outlook XP Emails Get Stuck, Not Large PST Issue
As a network admin at our company I've ran across about 1-2 users per week starting to have this problem, and the first one was reported about 5 weeks ago, where they randomly cannot send emails in Outlook XP (w/ SP3). They may have a few stuck in their outbox, and if you try to send them it just hangs usually around 50% on trying to connect to SMTP on our mail server to send it. If you close Outlook and reopen it fixes it for awhile then starts doing it again. Another temp fix I found is if when it's happening if I go into TOols->Account settings->Advanced and on t...

Unable to change Macro Security in Excel XP (2002) (SP3)
One of my users has Excel 2002 (XP). When she tries to change the Macro Security to anything other than Medium, as soon as she closes the Macro Security window, it reverts back to the Medium setting. This happens whether we set it to high, or to low. It also happens to me when I log into her machine with my "admin" rights so I don't think it has anything to do with her account security settings. She can login to other machines in the area and have it work fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP to no avail. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thank You. ...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

Windows Live Mail Won't Respect Junk Mail Settings
I have several pop accounts (gmail, godaddy,random one) in which every new message from an unkown sender goes into the Junk email folder even though I have "No Automatic Filtering" selected in the safety options. Any idea how to fix this or point me to the registry settings that control these settings? Thanks in advance! I had the same proplem. Right-click on one of your accounts (ie gmail). Then click "properties." Then click the IMAP tab. See if you have checked the box to "Store special folders on IMAP server. If checked it seems to cause &quo...

Remove Windows Live ID????
When I started MONEY 2006 I just got a message to "Remove Windows Live ID from MONEY data files immediately!!". I went to the KB article and was a bit confused. It gives instructions to "Remove the Windows Live ID that you use to access your Microsoft Money or MSN Money Portfolio data file" or to "Change to a Standard Money Password or add the new Windows Live ID that you use to access your Microsoft Money or MSN Money Portfolio data file". I use MONEY 2006 only to keep track of investments and don't do any downloads from banks or brokerages. I am conf...

Why does shared workbooks uncheck users Windows in Taskbar option
Every time users go into a shared workbook it unchecks their previously selected option to show Windows In Taskbar (Tools\Option\View\Windows In Taskbar). I've tried saving the program with this option checked but it seems every time I make it a shared workbook and go back into it, this option unchecks itself. Any way around this? What version of excel are you running? Saved from a previous post... There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to ...

Extra copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe available 06-16-10
This is a FULL version and will allow you to continue to download from your financial institutions until Microsoft ends the service in January 2011. Knowing that Microsoft was going to stop selling Money I bought 2 copies for my 2 computers. I had forgotten that you can install one copy on 2 different computers so I find myself with an unused copy. I paid $39.99 and am going to post it on eBay but figured I'd list it here first as a number of people have said their copy was expiring. If you're interested please contact me (garbanzo99 at gmail dot com). I have the unus...

About Window Minimize of MID Project
hi all,there is a strange thing I Encountered. I build a MDI project of MFC, and don't insert any source. Run it and new more than 100 new file windows. When minimize the 101st window, it is minimized to the 100th window's position.102nd window, 103rd window are the same. My english is not good, so please look at pics: First pic: http://photo8.yupoo.com/20070711/182726_1880095796_pciztejr.jpg Second pic: http://photo8.yupoo.com/20070711/182727_1891729931_sfvjfiab.jpg Is it a bug of MFC? Or there is a rule of window minimization action? I can't find any information about it i...

Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in
I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected. In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes. In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer. In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer. If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine. Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer. But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS splash screen. Dell in one case,...