windows xp home err0r c000021a - but not in safe mode ..

windows xp home  err0r c000021a - but not in safe mode .. I have a
memory.dmp file if that would help ? thnaks
0
Total

cf. http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x21a

cf. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560177(VS.85).aspx

Total Exterminator wrote:
> windows xp home  err0r c000021a - but not in safe mode .. I have a
> memory.dmp file if that would help ? thnaks
0
PA

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

excel windows in taskbar
Is there a way to make the "show windows in taskbar" option a global default for excel? I have to go to Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar box every day for every document to make it work. Is there a way to make it stick? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=21581 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com dork What version of Excel? Always good to state the version because some problems are version-specific and trouble-shooting is easier. From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB...

Window "visibility"
I'm trying to create a window that is inherited from CDialog - but I want the window to not only show up under the "Windows" pulldown from the main menu, but also show up as a taskbar item under Windows XP. I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, and can get the first such window to show up as a taskbar item by creating it with a NULL parent. However, every other dialog created (and there are several - all modeless) get tied to the first dialog. Must I resort to using CFormView as the base class? ...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Windows 7 uninstall
Well, fool that I am sometimes, I bought an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional at Costco to put on my Dell laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. Turns out I can't do the upgrade but can do an install. So I did, turns out that I now have both operating systems running and hardly any room left on partition D. Next step, I think, is to uninstall 7 and rethink the whole thing. I haven't been happy with Vista, makes the laptop run terribly slow, wish I'd gotten XP instead. Dell's answer to me was to buy another computer, running 7. How does one go about...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

Fragments Left after running XP Defrag Program
Ran Defrag and had two 'Fragments' reported (last two lines of the log print). One was for 6156 Fragments and one was for 7030 Fragments; the first file is 1.51 GB and the second is 2.00 GB, and both are 'buried' deep in \Documents and Settings\Bill & Peggy\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\25C08628.........\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ and both files are .dbx files. Question: These files are apparently taking up 3.5 GB of HD Space; can I delete them? I do not use Outlook Express although I have in the past, but now am using exclusively MSN for both my ...

Cancelling Receipts in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Folks... I'm experiencing a problem that I think is due to read receipts. I have an e-mail account (POP3) that is set up twice in Outlook. The primary version is for receiving mail from either home or my office, as well as for sending from my office. The secondary version of this account is used only for sending e-mail from home (uses a different outgoing server, to accomodate my ISP's restrictions). The problem is that when I receive my e-mail on this account at home, Outlook attempts to send the read receipts using the primary (office) outgoing server setting, which fails. This esse...

Activating a window
I need to switch to another application when the user presses a button in my app. I have the app's window handle, so SetForegroundWindow() brings this other app to the forground and I dare say I'll soon find out how to give it the focus as well. BUT, if this other app is minimised, SetForegroundWindow() does nothing. So, I need to determine if it is minimised. To quote on-line help, "The IsIconic function determines whether the specified window is minimized (iconic)". Well, it IS iconic and the func returns FALSE ???????? Alternatively, given that I have the other ...

CEdit in Windows XP
Hello. I have a CWnd derived splash screen containing a CEdit which displays what's happening durings startup. In OnCtlColor I called pDC->SetBkMode to make the edit box transparent. It all worked just fine under NT and 2000 but not under XP. Changing CEdit to CStatic solved the problem, but I'd like to know what's going on here. Is it a bug or a featuren in XP? TIA Maybe some changes in MFCVCRT.dll. Not sure... Ashish "X" <X@X> wrote in message news:07f001c34149$a8ae5040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > > I have a CWnd derived splash screen contai...

Problem causing safe mode startup
I have a problem with Outlook in which everytime it starts I get the error message with the accompanying "do you wnat to let microsoft know about this problem" With either yes or no the next screen is the error message stating that Outlook did not shut down properly and do you want to start in safe mode. A "No" starts the whole cycle over . . .a yes starts it in safe mode with add-ins turned off. I have ran the repair script from the program and from the CD disc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it as well. Still the same problem and I have not had it befor...

XP Home Screensaver
Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver continues to appear. What did I miss? E/B wrote: > Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and > wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry > edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver > continues to appear. What did I miss? You changed the registry to stop the screensaver? What about right...

Compatibility Win2K, XP Home, XP Pro
Hi Folks, I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the application crashes at launch time). If I change the application "Property/Compatibility" and set it to compatible with Win2000 that works fine. Development platform: VC++ 6, SP5 running on XP Home 1. Is there a way to set programmatically the executable compatibility before building the application? 2. What kind of function can cause this problem? Is it linked to MFC version? Thanks in advance, Seb >I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the >application crashes at la...

Reminders behind other windows
Why do all of my reminders, email notification, etc. popup behind the other windows I have open instead of in front? Thanks ...

Run Windows XP OS from DVD???
I am sick of having to upgrade my anti-virus software every few minutes and still getting virusses I am toying with the idea of removing my hard drives and having a bootable DVD with the WinXPPro on it with only the apps I use installed. Anything I want to save off internet or word processor would be saved to a USB stick. I have 4gB of Ram installed so I would not need a swapfile so the question is this... How do I go about creating a windows Bootable DVD with the software I require installed on it such as the drivers for the USB sticks. I may eventually just have a small...

3D Windows XP screensaver bizarre behavior
I recently downloaded the spiffy "3D Windows XP" screensaver, which is available on microsoft.com in the PowerTools for XP area. (Note, this is not the "Windows XP" screensaver that comes installed with XP.) It works fine on machine A running XP sp3, but does not on another very similar machine B running XP sp2. On machine B I go to the Screensaver tab of the Display Properties window. From there I can select the "3D Windows XP" screensaver and view it flawlessly with the Preview button. However, when I click "Apply" or "OK" ...

Remake deleted account in Windows Live Mail
Hi, is it possible to remae an acount I have removed from Windows Live Mail ? Or just a possibility to import the emails there was in the 2 account I removed ? I did not think the program would delete the emails, when I removed the account settings. Hope someone can help, as there are some emails I would like to save. Best wishes Steen Did you look on the web access for those accounts to see if the emails are still out there? "steendk" <steendk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652B3826-1F5C-4309-99DC-7EE579109C44@microsoft.com......

How to transfer AutoCorrect entries from Word 2002 for Windows
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I have a friend who has built up a *massive* AutoCorrect file from many years of using Word 2002 on a Windows PC. Most are plain text, but a small number are formatted. He now (thankfully!) has a MacBook with Office 2004 and wants to know how he can move all of his AutoCorrect entries across to work under Word for Mac. I know where the AutoCorrect file is stored on his Mac (in the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft folder), but it appears to be a completely different format to the corresponding file from his PC. &...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can shrink the window!!
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

XP SP2 Problems with Outlook
Ever since I Updated XP with SP2 some function in Outlook crash on me. We are running Exchange 5.5 and when my user goes to Reply to a message or even create a new message the communaction between exchange and remote user is not allowed. Is the firewall closing UDP communication? Any Ideas on how to fix this issue. Thanks for you help Marcus Feldmore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ever since I Updated XP with SP2 some function in Outlook > crash on me. We are running Exchange 5.5 and when my user > goes to Reply to a message or even create a new message &g...