Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in

I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected.
In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes.

In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer.
In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer.

If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine.
Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer.

But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS
splash screen.  Dell in one case, HP in the other case and just stays there.  In both cases, I have
deleted the printers and re-installed the printers with updated drivers obtained of the printer
vendor web site.  I have reviewed the BIOS setting in both computers and any USB start-up options
are not obvious.

Any thoughts?   Both computers are located about 20 miles from me, so instant checks are not easy to
come by.

0
Richard

"Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB
> printer is connected.
> In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes.
>
> In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer.
> In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer.
>
> If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the
> desktop just fine.
> Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and
> printer.
>
> But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then
> the computer go to the BIOS splash screen.  Dell in one case, HP in the
> other case and just stays there.  In both cases, I have deleted the
> printers and re-installed the printers with updated drivers obtained of
> the printer vendor web site.  I have reviewed the BIOS setting in both
> computers and any USB start-up options are not obvious.
>
> Any thoughts?   Both computers are located about 20 miles from me, so
> instant checks are not easy to come by.

Do you Legacy USB enabled in BIOS?
Is this a new development? If so, what has been
installed/uninstalled/added/deleted that may have caused these changes?
Are they both on the same network, or are they not networked at all?
--
SC Tom

0
SC
1/23/2010 2:33:23 AM
"SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message news:eCHBuR9mKHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:uMrgtC9mKHA.5552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected.
>> In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes.
>>
>> In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer.
>> In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer.
>>
>> If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine.
>> Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer.
>>
>> But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the
>> BIOS splash screen.  Dell in one case, HP in the other case and just stays there.  In both cases,
>> I have deleted the printers and re-installed the printers with updated drivers obtained of the
>> printer vendor web site.  I have reviewed the BIOS setting in both computers and any USB start-up
>> options are not obvious.
>>
>> Any thoughts?   Both computers are located about 20 miles from me, so instant checks are not easy
>> to come by.
>>
> Do you Legacy USB enabled in BIOS?
> Is this a new development? If so, what has been installed/uninstalled/added/deleted that may have
> caused these changes?
> Are they both on the same network, or are they not networked at all?
> --
> SC Tom

Neither computer is networked, but they are connected to DLS modems.
They belong to two different computer club individuals in private homes.
     The Dell started this problem shortly after the owners original Dell printer died and he bought
a new HP printer.
Since I could not find any BIOS setting that referenced USB boot options he just waits until the PC
is running and then plugs in the printer.
    The HP computer was brought to me as a total non-operating mess and I used the feature on the
hidden partition to restore it to the "Factory" status and did all the updates at my home.  Then I
took it to the owners home and install her Epson printer from the vendor CD's.   However, she then
found it would not start the next day and brought it back to me.  It worked just fine in my shop but
not when she returned home.  On the phone, I asked her to unplug the printer and try it.  Of course
it worked then.  Now she has to boot without the printer cord connected and then connect the
printer.    I have not had a chance to check the BIOS again on this computer and the owner is not
competent enough to work in the System Settings.  I may not get a chance to see this PC for a while.
   I just found it strange that two computers, different brands, with different printers exhibit the
same problem.
Both computers are 4 to 5 year old models and operating with XP  home edition and SP3 updates.

0
Richard
1/23/2010 4:37:28 PM

> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>> I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB
>>> printer is connected.
>>> In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes.
>>>
>>> In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer.
>>> In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer.
>>>
>>> If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the
>>> desktop just fine.
>>> Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and
>>> printer.
>>>
>>> But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then
>>> the computer go to the BIOS splash screen.  Dell in one case, HP in the
>>> other case and just stays there.  In both cases, I have deleted the
>>> printers and re-installed the printers with updated drivers obtained of
>>> the printer vendor web site.  I have reviewed the BIOS setting in both
>>> computers and any USB start-up options are not obvious.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?   Both computers are located about 20 miles from me, so
>>> instant checks are not easy to come by.
>>>
>> Do you Legacy USB enabled in BIOS?
>> Is this a new development? If so, what has been
>> installed/uninstalled/added/deleted that may have caused these changes?
>> Are they both on the same network, or are they not networked at all?
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>
> Neither computer is networked, but they are connected to DLS modems.
> They belong to two different computer club individuals in private homes.
>     The Dell started this problem shortly after the owners original Dell
> printer died and he bought a new HP printer.
> Since I could not find any BIOS setting that referenced USB boot options
> he just waits until the PC is running and then plugs in the printer.
>    The HP computer was brought to me as a total non-operating mess and I
> used the feature on the hidden partition to restore it to the "Factory"
> status and did all the updates at my home.  Then I took it to the owners
> home and install her Epson printer from the vendor CD's.   However, she
> then found it would not start the next day and brought it back to me.  It
> worked just fine in my shop but not when she returned home.  On the phone,
> I asked her to unplug the printer and try it.  Of course it worked then.
> Now she has to boot without the printer cord connected and then connect
> the printer.    I have not had a chance to check the BIOS again on this
> computer and the owner is not competent enough to work in the System
> Settings.  I may not get a chance to see this PC for a while.
>   I just found it strange that two computers, different brands, with
> different printers exhibit the same problem.
> Both computers are 4 to 5 year old models and operating with XP  home
> edition and SP3 updates.

On the Dell, were the old printer drivers uninstalled before the new printer
was installed? I know with my HP all-in-one (and with all the HP laser and
inkjet printers at work), the drivers had to be installed before the printer
was even plugged in, especially the USB ones.
--
SC Tom

0
SC
1/23/2010 5:45:54 PM
"SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message news:%23U9qnPFnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:OXmObpEnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message news:eCHBuR9mKHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>

>>> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message

>>> Do you Legacy USB enabled in BIOS?
>>> Is this a new development? If so, what has been installed/uninstalled/added/deleted that may
>>> have caused these changes?
>>> Are they both on the same network, or are they not networked at all?
>>> --
>>> SC Tom
>>>
>> Neither computer is networked, but they are connected to DLS modems.
>> They belong to two different computer club individuals in private homes.
>>     The Dell started this problem shortly after the owners original Dell printer died and he
>> bought a new HP printer.
>> Since I could not find any BIOS setting that referenced USB boot options he just waits until the
>> PC is running and then plugs in the printer.
>>    The HP computer was brought to me as a total non-operating mess and I used the feature on the
>> hidden partition to restore it to the "Factory" status and did all the updates at my home.  Then
>> I took it to the owners home and install her Epson printer from the vendor CD's.   However, she
>> then found it would not start the next day and brought it back to me.  It worked just fine in my
>> shop but not when she returned home.  On the phone, I asked her to unplug the printer and try it.
>> Of course it worked then. Now she has to boot without the printer cord connected and then connect
>> the printer.    I have not had a chance to check the BIOS again on this computer and the owner is
>> not competent enough to work in the System Settings.  I may not get a chance to see this PC for a
>> while.
>>   I just found it strange that two computers, different brands, with different printers exhibit
>> the same problem.
>> Both computers are 4 to 5 year old models and operating with XP  home edition and SP3 updates.
>>
> On the Dell, were the old printer drivers uninstalled before the new printer was installed? I know
> with my HP all-in-one (and with all the HP laser and inkjet printers at work), the drivers had to
> be installed before the printer was even plugged in, especially the USB ones.
> --
> SC Tom

I cannot say for the Dell, but since I did the reformat and re-installation on the HP computer I
know there were not printers before I install the Epson.  And I did install the software first,
plugging the printer in only when the software requested it.

0
Richard
1/24/2010 4:19:28 AM

> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message

>>> Neither computer is networked, but they are connected to DLS modems.
>>> They belong to two different computer club individuals in private
>>>     homes. The Dell started this problem shortly after the owners
>>> original Dell printer died and he bought a new HP printer.
>>> Since I could not find any BIOS setting that referenced USB boot
>>> options he just waits until the PC is running and then plugs in the
>>>    printer. The HP computer was brought to me as a total
>>> non-operating mess and I used the feature on the hidden partition
>>> to restore it to the "Factory" status and did all the updates at my
>>> home.  Then I took it to the owners home and install her Epson
>>> printer from the vendor CD's.   However, she then found it would
>>> not start the next day and brought it back to me.  It worked just
>>> fine in my shop but not when she returned home.  On the phone, I
>>> asked her to unplug the printer and try it. Of course it worked
>>> then. Now she has to boot without the printer cord connected and
>>>   then connect the printer.    I have not had a chance to check the
>>> BIOS again on this computer and the owner is not competent enough
>>> to work in the System Settings.  I may not get a chance to see this
>>> PC for a while. I just found it strange that two computers,
>>> different brands, with different printers exhibit the same problem.
>>> Both computers are 4 to 5 year old models and operating with XP home
>>> edition and SP3 updates.
>> On the Dell, were the old printer drivers uninstalled before the new
>> printer was installed? I know with my HP all-in-one (and with all
>> the HP laser and inkjet printers at work), the drivers had to be
>> installed before the printer was even plugged in, especially the USB
>> ones. --
>> SC Tom
>>
> I cannot say for the Dell, but since I did the reformat and
> re-installation on the HP computer I know there were not printers
> before I install the Epson.  And I did install the software first,
> plugging the printer in only when the software requested it.

One thing to look at in BIOS is the boot order. If 'Removeable Devices' is
first in the list, it may be hanging there. That's really the only other
thing I can think of right now. I have a USB HP printer, and my PC boots
fine with it on, I just went through my BIOS settings to see

0
SC
1/24/2010 1:05:31 PM

> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message

>>> On the Dell, were the old printer drivers uninstalled before the new
>>> printer was installed? I know with my HP all-in-one (and with all
>>> the HP laser and inkjet printers at work), the drivers had to be
>>> installed before the printer was even plugged in, especially the USB
>>> ones. --
>>> SC Tom
>>>
>> I cannot say for the Dell, but since I did the reformat and
>> re-installation on the HP computer I know there were not printers
>> before I install the Epson.  And I did install the software first,
>> plugging the printer in only when the software requested it.

One thing to look at in BIOS is the boot order. If 'Removeable Devices' is
first in the list, it may be hanging there. That's really the only other
thing I can think of right now, unless there are other USB devices plugged
in that may be dragging the power past the 500mA limit. I have a USB HP
printer, and my PC boots fine with it on, and I just went through my BIOS
settings to see what mine were and if changing them made any difference, and
it still booted fine. Sorry I couldn't help.
--
SC Tom

Sorry about the double post. I tried to save the message to finish later,
and OE sent it anyhow :-(

0
SC
1/24/2010 1:16:23 PM
One site here has a  Dell server which freezes on bootup if a USB tape drive
is connected.  Can't be power consumption as this is separately powered.

This is a BIOS firmware bug, and while BIOS/CMOS Settings may have some
influence there is no point in poking-around in the OS or drivers.

It may be worth seeing if the PC/mobo manufacturer has a BIOS update for
this problem. Bear in-mind that flashing the BIOS does carry some risk with
it.

"SC Tom" wrote:

> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
> > "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message

> >> I cannot say for the Dell, but since I did the reformat and
> >> re-installation on the HP computer I know there were not printers
> >> before I install the Epson.  And I did install the software first,
> >> plugging the printer in only when the software requested it.
> >

> One thing to look at in BIOS is the boot order. If 'Removeable Devices' is
> first in the list, it may be hanging there. That's really the only other
> thing I can think of right now, unless there are other USB devices plugged
> in that may be dragging the power past the 500mA limit. I have a USB HP
> printer, and my PC boots fine with it on, and I just went through my BIOS
> settings to see what mine were and if changing them made any difference, and
> it still booted fine. Sorry I couldn't help.
> --
> SC Tom
>
> Sorry about the double post. I tried to save the message to finish later,
> and OE sent it anyhow :-(
>
> .

Hello Richard in AZ,

You mentioned that the computers in question are 4 to 5 years old. Have you
condidered checking the power supplies of these computers to see if they
might have degraded in power. The reason I ask this question is because
about two years ago, my computer stopped booting with my Lexmark printer
attached. It worked if I booted first then plugged in the printer for about
a week. Then one day the computer auto-restarted and froze as soon as I
plugged in the printer. I rebooted without again, plugged in the printer
after logging into Windows, and once again the computer restarted and froze.
I started without and checked the device manager, . . . no problems. (??!!!)
Then after uninstalling/reinstalling printer drivers, and even reinstalling
Windows, still no problems except that the computer soon stopped working
even with the usb mouse hooked up.

Long boring story short, the power supply was going bad after about 5 years
of faithful service first on my own home built machine and then my parents'
rebuilt machine which is now the only computer in the house.

I went to Office Depot to purchase a new power supply (though I wasn't
really sure that was it). I almost purchased a power supply tester instead.
Not wanting to risk spending more than necessary, I took a chance and got
the power supply. I took it home and all was well again.

I would suggest you may wish to go to your nearest computer parts dealer or
favorite online computer store and see if they sell power supply testers
since you have two people with different brand computers and printers having
the same or similar problem.

Here is a link to newegg.com to give you an idea of what you could spend on
a tester:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=power+supply+tester

I know others have tried to say it isn't a power issue, but I think it may
be.

The only other possibility I can think of considering all other suggestons
posted, is that the usb ports are going bad themselves either in the wiring
connected from the port on the computer box to the mainboards or worse
possible case, the connectors on the mainboards themselves are bad. Usb
ports can be replaced with an add on pci card, or you can replace the usb
ports built into the computer box that are connected to the mainboard.

I would suggest first testing the power supplies for decreased power output
since that is your most likely problem.

If it isn't, and you don't want to mess with the usb connectors on the
mainboards, invest 5 or 6 US dollars or your currency's equivelant in a usb
port card and see if plugging into that also causes problems. If not, then
problem solved for at least one of the machines in question.

Finally, don't decide not to try something because someone else says it
won't help unless you have already tried it or you actually know a sledge
hammer will only make things worse. You are dealing with two fairly old
systems, and after 4 or 5 years, computer hardware WILL start going bad. It
is a time to either consider replacing parts as they begin to decline in
performance, or purchase a new computer and scrap or recycle the old
systems. It may also be a good time to think 'back up' if that wasn't
thought of when the systems were new because the hard drives may also begin
to have problems.

So if you think you need new cables, ide or sata cables, power supply, etc.,
chances are it won't hurt to start your emergency shopping list and set your
budget for such items.

I apologize for my lengthy suggestion. I hope you can find something that
will help among the answers you recieve.

Good luck.

--
Peace,

Jeffrey W. Bowen
Remove NO SPAM entries from email address to send personal email.

Please post replies of successes or failures so we all can benefit from each
others' experiences.

"Anteaus" <Anteaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One site here has a  Dell server which freezes on bootup if a USB tape
> drive
> is connected.  Can't be power consumption as this is separately powered.
>
> This is a BIOS firmware bug, and while BIOS/CMOS Settings may have some
> influence there is no point in poking-around in the OS or drivers.
>
> It may be worth seeing if the PC/mobo manufacturer has a BIOS update for
> this problem. Bear in-mind that flashing the BIOS does carry some risk
> with
> it.
>
> "SC Tom" wrote:
>

>> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
>> > "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message

>> One thing to look at in BIOS is the boot order. If 'Removeable Devices'
>> is
>> first in the list, it may be hanging there. That's really the only other
>> thing I can think of right now, unless there are other USB devices
>> plugged
>> in that may be dragging the power past the 500mA limit. I have a USB HP
>> printer, and my PC boots fine with it on, and I just went through my BIOS
>> settings to see what mine were and if changing them made any difference,
>> and
>> it still booted fine. Sorry I couldn't help.
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>
>> Sorry about the double post. I tried to save the message to finish later,
>> and OE sent it anyhow :-(
>>
>> .

0
Jeffrey
1/24/2010 5:24:41 PM
One more thing, sorry.

Remember to discharge all static electricity from your body by touching a
metal object such as the power supply or computer box frame before touching
the components inside your computer box.

Also, if the add on card does work, disable the onboard usb ports in your
CMOS or disconnect the built in usb ports from the mainboard, so that you
don't have resources directed to the unusable ports.

--

"Jeffrey W. Bowen" <NOmcquireSPAM@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>> it.
>>
>> "SC Tom" wrote:
>>

>>> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message

>>> One thing to look at in BIOS is the boot order. If 'Removeable Devices'
>>> is
>>> first in the list, it may be hanging there. That's really the only other
>>> thing I can think of right now, unless there are other USB devices
>>> plugged
>>> in that may be dragging the power past the 500mA limit. I have a USB HP
>>> printer, and my PC boots fine with it on, and I just went through my
>>> BIOS
>>> settings to see what mine were and if changing them made any difference,
>>> and
>>> it still booted fine. Sorry I couldn't help.
>>> --
>>> SC Tom
>>>
>>> Sorry about the double post. I tried to save the message to finish

0
Jeffrey
1/24/2010 5:42:21 PM
Thanks Jeffrey.   I get involved in these as I am an A+ certified computer technician (and a member
of the computer club who works on some computers for coffee and cookies).  It is not my decision
about spending the owners money on repairs.  In both cases, the computer is owned by a senior
citizen on a small fixed income.   They may choose to plug the printer in after they boot until they
can maybe upgrade to a newer computer.

> [...]
>> answers you recieve.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> --
>> Peace,
>>
>> Jeffrey W. Bowen
>> Remove NO SPAM entries from email address to send personal email.
>>
>> Please post replies of successes or failures so we all can benefit from each others' experiences.
>>

>> "Anteaus" <Anteaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> One site here has a  Dell server which freezes on bootup if a USB tape drive
>>> is connected.  Can't be power consumption as this is separately powered.
>>>
>>> This is a BIOS firmware bug, and while BIOS/CMOS Settings may have some
>>> influence there is no point in poking-around in the OS or drivers.
>>>
>>> It may be worth seeing if the PC/mobo manufacturer has a BIOS update for
>>> this problem. Bear in-mind that flashing the BIOS does carry some risk with

0
Richard
1/24/2010 6:45:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Richard. After I posted the instructions for
discharging static electricity, I realized that you probably already knew
that.

Good luck.
> [...]
>>> to decline in performance, or purchase a new computer and scrap or
>>> recycle the old systems. It may also be a good time to think 'back up'
>>> if that wasn't thought of when the systems were new because the hard
>>> drives may also begin to have problems.
>>>
>>> So if you think you need new cables, ide or sata cables, power supply,
>>> etc., chances are it won't hurt to start your emergency shopping list
>>> and set your budget for such items.
>>>
>>> I apologize for my lengthy suggestion. I hope you can find something
>>> that will help among the answers you recieve.
>>>
>>> Good luck.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peace,
>>>
>>> Jeffrey W. Bowen
>>> Remove NO SPAM entries from email address to send personal email.
>>>
>>> Please post replies of successes or failures so we all can benefit from

0
Jeffrey
1/24/2010 8:28:05 PM
Richard in AZ wrote:
> I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected.
> In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes.
>
> In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer.
> In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer.
>
> If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine.
> Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer.
>
> But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS
> splash screen.  Dell in one case, HP in the other case and just stays there.  In both cases, I have
> deleted the printers and re-installed the printers with updated drivers obtained of the printer
> vendor web site.  I have reviewed the BIOS setting in both computers and any USB start-up options
> are not obvious.
>
> Any thoughts?   Both computers are located about 20 miles from me, so instant checks are not easy to
> come by.

Most computers, even four-year-old ones, have multiple USB ports usually
divided between the front and back of the machine.
I'd try plugging the USB printer into a different port, preferably on
the back if it's now plugged in the front or vice-versa, to see if that
makes any difference.
Also, are there any other devices plugged into the USB ports on these
computers? You might try removing them one by one to see if that affects
the operation.
Push comes to shove, try the HP Computer with the HP Printer if the
users are willing to switch. <vbg>

Bill
0
Bill

Exchange Routing Engine will not start
The Exchange Routing Engine service will not start. The error is: The system cannot locate the specified path. Microsoft website says to reinstall the Exchange from cd drive:\setup\I386\setup.exe /disasterrecovery. When I try this it errors out telling me: You are attempting to install a version that is earlier than the current. What should I do? Thanks Scott Scott with all the issues you've had over the last few days it may be time to contact MS CSS. They are probably better suited to help you than through this newsgroup. "Scott C." <ScottC@discu...

How to see the fields created in Extender in a Inquiry window
I created a field with Extender that the user enter a value. This extender field was included within the "Receivings Item Detail Entry" window. The user can inquire the posted Receipt in the "Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry", but is not able to see the value enter in the Extender window created. How can I make that Extender fields be displayed when the user looks for the Receipt in the "Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry" window. You need to create the inquiry for the Extender window. When you're in the window definition you should ...

Frontpage 2003 installed on Windows 7 problem
Help! I have a new HP laptop with windows 7. From years ago I've installed successfully my Frontpage 2003 CD. After getting fairly along with building a new web site, first my pictures being previewed in a browser were not where they were in frontpage. In a disscussion group & read about trouble with Java scripts so I deleted audio I had put in from MS clip art. Still same problem but perhaps now worse for when I correctly put the photos in place in frontpage they continue to end up changing to a different page, not where I want them. In saving the changes I've ...

Dynamically create splitter window
Hi All How to dynamically create splitterwndow on mouseclick on Treeview node ???? Thanks in advance ...

owc10 pivotchart save in c# windows forms of vs.net
hi how can i save pivot chart generated using the drag and drop from th fields list from the visual studio.net with c# windows forms. i als need to retrive the chart from the saved details. thanking you delph -- DelphiPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Lookup window should default to first record in table
Right now if you click on the looking glass, it opens the window at the record that is already on the field prior to clicking the looking glass. It would be nice if it only did that on the change script so if you didn't change the field at all, when you open the looking glass it brings you to the first record in the table. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Using debtor/Creditor enquiry window, see exact oustanding amount
When using an enquiry window for either Debtor or creditor , Client would like to instantly be able to tell their customer/creditor the amount that they have oustanding straight away - instead of going through all the trns and adding them up manually ect ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Closing window
Hi How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? /Jack On Jan 13, 5:26=A0am, "CRM consultant" <nom...@der.dk> wrote: > Hi > > How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config > automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? > > /Jack U can use javascript to do that. I tried this but IE asks the user if its ok to close the window, that's the problem /Jack "Mahain" <mahender80@gmail.com> skrev ...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/w...

Windows 7 acttivation problem
Hi I have enterprise licence for W7 and I received DVD with W7 pro. I've installed it on PC without being asked for any key. Now I can't activate because W7 searchs for KMS server but I need to use key which I have but it is for MAK, shouldn't hard to do but W7 doesn't let me change key for MAK - any ideas how to activate it or change with success windows key? any help will be very nice. Hi Redav, Is your computer hooked to a network ?maybe a KMS for Windows Server 2008 or Vista is installed, if that is the case,then the KMS in the network is now cached on y...

CRM 1.2 Security Service Not starting
I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. I must manually start the service. Any ideas? TIA -RS See TechKnowledge Error "The Microsoft CRM Security Service Failed to Start" During the Microsoft CRM Server Installation When Microsoft CRM and SQL Server 2000 are Installed on the same machine Mounim >-----Original Message----- >I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. >When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. >I must manually start the service. >Any ideas? >TIA ...

Start up settings
I would like to be able to open excel and not have a new workbook open at the same time. How can I have the task pane open up without a new workbook? You can create a shortcut to do this. Right click on the desktop and choose New>Shortcut Browse to the path of your Excel.exe At the end of the path, type a space and then /e So it'll look something like: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e Click Next Give your shortcut a name click Ok This shortcut will open the Excel application without any worksheets. tod >-----Original Message----- >I would...

how can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download?
where can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download? You can't, at least not legally. While Microsoft may no longer support Windows 2000, it's still covered by copyright laws, so any download you might find would be illegal. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "bmcfamily" <bmcfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C24A1A0-149B-4CEF-BF24-B0361A76D907@microsoft.com... > where can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download? ...

Windows Vista x64 Cannot update Clean install 0x8007000D
Dear Microsoft, PID: 89587-OEM-7300524-94532 I am having problems with this installation of my OEM of Windows Vista 64 Bits. I have manually downloaded SP 1 x64 file: Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave1.exe When i tried to install this i got the following error: 0x8007000D which redirected me to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366 since i am already trying the manual dowload package, because of previous failed ations, i imidiatly downloaded the following patch to be able to actually install SP1. filename: Windows6.0-KB947821-v7-x64.exe This file ran beautifully an...

Exmerge PST's onto an external USB
I've created a batch file to exmerge users' mailboxes onto PST that runs Mon-Fri. It works fine if the destination folder is pointing to the local drive of the server or an external USB drive connected to the same server. However, when I point to an external USB drive connected to a user's workstation, the exmerge batch file fails and instead stores the PST files in the default location c:\exmergedata. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the exmerge utility? I am using the latest exmerge utility (don't know version # but it's the one that works for...

Outlook & Windows wont remember my password #3
I have recently set myself up as a new user on someone else's PC, (Win XP Home). My profile will not remember / store my passwords in either Messenger, Outlook 2003 or other applications. I have tried replacing the Registry key as per the Microsoft KB article, but even that doesnt seem to work. The first user's profile has always been fine, and renains so. Any ideas? ...

In Dexterity how can I know how many lines a scrolling window has
Hello to all, Specifically on the Purchasing Invoice Entry screen I need to know how many POs a Receipt Number has so I can loop through the scrolling window lines, get the PO number from each line and do something with them. How can I accomplish this using Dexterity. Thank you for any help you may provide. -- Best regards, Sergio Romero local 'PO Number' get_PO_number; clear table POP_ReceiptLine; release table POP_ReceiptLine; range clear table POP_ReceiptLine; 'POP Receipt Number' of table POP_ReceiptLine = "your receipt number here'; clear 'Receipt...

I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.
I deal with both companies and end users and I'm trying to figure out how to set up the contact table. My plan was to set one table for companies and have contact entries as a sub form and another form for contacts with individuals but both the company contact sub form and the individual form would link to the same table? My reasoning is that I may have many contacts to one company but have individuals that contacts normally at most would be "domestic partners"and their family members and I want to track contacts whether it's email, phone calls, letters and more. The first...

System attendant won't start after Exchange SP3
Hello, I will appreciate it if someone can help. I am running an exchange 2000 enterprise server on a windows 2000 server SP4. After installing exchange SP3, service attendant crashes on startup. I applied SP3 hot fix, but the problem remains the same. Event viewer error log 9149 and 1005 are logged. Thanks Olu Try looking a http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9149&eventno=1228&source=MSExchangeSA&phase=1 Whenever you have an error in the evnet logs, check out http://eventid.net for some very good advice. It's free, but you can subscribe for small fee and some ext...

my windows media don't give video output
my windows media don't give video output. i need a help and i will be very grateful.Am using windows vista.thanks for your attention. "musaka44" <musa.samasa@orange.fr> wrote > my windows media don't give video output. i need a help > and i will be very grateful.Am using windows vista. This newsgroup is for discussion of and questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. There are quite a number of newsgroups for each Microsoft product, including Windows Vista, on the free newsserver news.microsoft.com. In at least one of those, you a...

First Time Starting CRM problems
Hi I just intalled the MSCRM without major problems. But when I tryed to start de CRM web the first time appears a message "An Error has ocurred. For more information contact your system administrator" Trying to solve this I could find that an error is registered in the Event Viewer (Application) like this: MSCRM Plataform Error Report: Error: Login failed for the user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. I verify that all CRM services runs under other accounts with domain admins privileges but this still happens. Due that, I can't open de CRM at all. Thanks in adva...

WLM and Office 2003, Windows 7
Since moving over to Windows 7 and WLM, I cannot get the "send to" buttons in Office 2003 to work. I have checked that WLM is set as the default mail handler across windows and Office and even had to add registry entries as per MS instructions (although this was technically for Vista, I think). I want this to revert to it's old functionality, which also enabled sending oof one sheet from a spreadhseet in Excel. Help much appreciated - any suggestions ? I believe that won't work because WLM is not a full MAPI client like Outlook. Save the Excel file, then at...

Windows Me and Excel
I have Windows ME here at work. We are need in to upgrade my current Excel program from Excel 97. What version will work and is it still available? You can't upgrade to Excel 2003 (XP). This requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP. The last version you can use is Excel 2002, which is not available from retailers or from Microsoft. You might be able to find a copy on eBay. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Sonrisa2020" <Sonrisa2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CAE5DD6-3626-4BBB-9A...

Quick Print button printing to last used printer and not default
Quick Print button indicates that it should be using the default printer, and does, unless you choose another printer to use. I can clear this by rebooting Word, however, is there any way in which I can force quick print to always and only use default printer? Thanks. Perhaps you can use a macro to accomplish what you are describing (ask in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general). However, it would be relatively easy to press Ctrl+P and then pick the printer that you want in the dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jazz&q...

Backup using Windows XP CD Burning Wizard
In Backup options, my CD-R/W drive is not displayed for selection as a backup option so I have been backing up to the hard drive in the XP default folder "CD Burning" which then prompts me via the task bar balloon to write the file to CD. It works fine, except that after about a month and a half, I have a backup file less than 5MB in size on a 700MB disc and Money is telling me the disc is full. When I explore the disc properties, it also shows no space available. What's going on and how can I keep from having to use a new disc? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote...