Windows installer problem 04-08-10

Hi All,

After login to  windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and
nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated.

Best regards
Anji

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Anji wrote:
> After login to  windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and
> nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated.

0
PA

A Little Problem In Graphs
It should be easy but i cant find ??? i have graphs which is designed to process the info for daily til takings and on the X axis i want to make the first column name "budget" then the others be 1,2,3...... for the days how can i do that?????????? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hilary- I think I understand what you are trying to do....when you create the graph from the worksheet include the headings in the column. Email me an example and I will show you how to solve your problem. stephanie.knuteson@we-energies.com Thanks Steph "hilary >" w...

ListBox Coding Problem: Too few parameters. Expected 1.
I am trying to append multiple selected values from a listbox to a table. Property set to Multi Select (extended). Access 2007 Form: Main ListBox Control: List3 Test values: One, Two, Three . . . Destination Table: Selections Destination Field: Selected Control: Command Button. Syntax: ' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub Command5_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command5_Click Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "INSERT INTO selections ( selected ) VALUES (" & Me! List3.Column(1) & ");" CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnErro...

windows server per server cal
there is a doc [see link] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/client-licensing.aspx describing "per user/device mode" licence versus "per server mode" licence for client access for win 2008 it means, having large number of clients that infreqiuently access some win 2008 server, they don't need to have all of them user/device cal, but there may be a *small* number of cals installed as per/server directly on the server, allowing the simultaneous acces of that small number of clients. of course, it is distinguished from server's licence itse...

USB problem
Running XP-SP3 with all updates current. I have a WACOM tablet, driver is latest version; plugged into a USB port in rear of DELL PC. I'll boot up and get error message,"USB device not recognized...". I check Device Manager and no flags are showing. I simply plug into another USB port and I get message that "Human Interface Device found" and my tablet now works. The next day I boot up and the same error message pops up and the fix is to reverse what I did the previous day, just plug back into yesterday's "bad USB port". Any ideas what I am ch...

tab problems
When I press tab to move from a cell to the one next to it, instead I am moved to the first cell to the right of what is showing on the screen. For example, if I am in A1, press tab it jumps to P1 if I have a full screen showing. I haven't been able to find anyone else this happens to. Please help if you can! One guess is that sheet protection** is turned on, with cols A and P left *unprotected* (say, for data input purposes) while the intervening cols B to O are *protected* (possibly containing formulas) **via Tools > Protection If so, try check and deactivate the sheet protec...

XML Serialization problem
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

Problems with large arrays
Hello Does anybody know how to declare a large array as a member variable properly ? when I create a large array as a member variable it seams to be luck wether it crashes or not. James I suggest you post a code sample of what you are trying to do. Myles. "moogle33" <moogle33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:btj6ru$t42$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hello Does anybody know how to declare a large array as a member variable > properly ? when I create a large array as a member variable it seams to be > luck wether it crashes or not. > > James > > "...

FileDialog problem
Hi! when I use Visual Studio.net 2003 to develop MFC program,I find a problem,this problem maybe is a bug. This problem is: 1.I use this sentences to initialize COM Apartment: ::CoInitializeEx(0,COINIT_MULTITHREADED); 2.Then I use MFC class,"CFileDialog", to open a file: CFileDialog fd(TRUE); fd.DoModal(); When this program execute to "fd.DoModal();",this program is stoped and can not accept every event. Thanks! BRGs ben "x" <x@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message 1.I use this sentences to initialize ...

FBA problem
Hi, I enabled SSL, then I check "Enable Forms Based Authentication" in the properties of Exchange Virtual Server properties, but the Microsoft login page still cannot be shown up, it still shows normal windows based authentication screen. Please advice. Thanks in advance! Lisa Restart IIS? Using HTTPS (not HTTP)? "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7123C112-D1A9-412E-82D1-E4FC4E6D4E92@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I enabled SSL, then I check "Enable Forms Based Authentication" in the > properties of Exchange Virt...

Problem Installing Office Sounds
Group: When I try to install the Office Sounds for Office 2003, I get an dialog box that says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'sounds.msi' in the box below. I have done a search of my computer for the sounds.msi file and it doesn't exist. I have also searched for the same file on my Office 2003 CD but could not find it either. I called Microsoft support for Microsoft Office and they could not solve the problem. They told me that it w...

Creating a frame window for MDI in a DLL
Have a question on creating an MDI 'application' from a DLL. I would like to launch an MDI 'psuedo' application from a DLL. That is, when this method is called from the main application, it would launch what would look like another application, that is an MDI frame with doc/view, etc.. I have seen something like this in .NET forms, however, I am using unmanged C++ code. I have some experimental code work done now and it appears that the call to LoadFrame fails (yes, I have included all of the necessary IDR_MAINFRAME resources). Is this possible? Has anyone done this? An...

Money 98 from the Works installation CD
I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their is a compatibility issue. Anyone have a solution for this other than getting a newer version of Money? RobertV" <RobertV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9B0B30C-BDDC-4EBA-A974-CD80EBCD4B7A@microsoft.com... > I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I > now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their > is > a compatibility issue. Anyo...

How do you download Windows Movie Maker?
Hello, My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is another way I can download Windows Movie Maker? Thanks for you time, CJ "cjroads" <cjroads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09543682-7630-4B5C-855F-A79190B77D05@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is > another way I can d...

problem with outlook offline adressbook
Hi! I have following problem. After migration from exchange 2000 to 2003 the offline adressbook is no more available. I get follwing error: 0x8004010f on every outlook client in cached modus There is a knowledgebase articel with nummer 822444 which describes this problem but after doing all the things described in the article it is also not working. The strange thing is that i have only one offline adressbook in exchange but in the system folder under OFFLINE ADRESS BOOK i have three offline adressbooks. Two of them should not be there the are old an no available but i cannot delete the...

Calculation Order problem. #2
Bump... sry about the bump, but i'm desperate for a solution to this. -- ICE9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ICE9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265139 ...

unknow problem
Dear All, My exchange server 5.5 had the follow error logged in event viewer. But i can't t find any solution in microsoft web site. Please help Event ID: 1026 Description: An error occurred with the following call stack: EcSendMessage():000000050a EcCreateOMSubmit():000000050a EcCreateMDBEF():000000050a EcMDBFFromMessage():000000050a Thanks your Hi Smith, FYI, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192115 -- Jammy "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :OCRtFMytEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > My exchange server ...

A form problem
On my main form, Home Base, is a subform that shows me a list of persons. I have a set of command buttons that make different report for the selected person. That works fine. What I need to do is a command button that modifies the list, Ex : 30 days, 60 days 90 days. I click the 30 days button and the list will be composed of the people that I saw in the last 30 days. I can make a query and all for that but I can't manage to simply update (or requery) the list with the selected filter (or query) without changing the hole screen. How can I update the present subform wit...

Outlook client problems 02-08-06
Hi all, I have 4 pc's, all at different sites, experiencing the same issue. 3 x Desktop clients and 1 x Laptop client. Install goes through fine, once installed I open Outlook and it hangs. It takes 20 or so seconds to hang, but in the mean time you can browse inbox and CRM without issue (loads quick). Outlook hangs and cannot be closed by any other than ending the outlook.exe process. Frustrating and I cannot find a thing on it! Any ideas/info aooreciated! Regards, Nathan Hello Nathan, I’m having the exact same problem. I have six users on CRM that are not having any proble...

Trouble installing Office 2007 Professional
Have a new Dell computer loaded with Windows 7. Tried installing Office 2007 Pro; went all night and hardly moved. Tried again with same results. Third time it would not even recognize CD. Downloaded a trial version from the Microsoft website, and tried to convert with the product key. Message said invalid product key. Just tried loading on my wife's ThinkPad with Windows XP Pro; loaded about half way, then got this message: Setup cannot find ProPlus, WW\ProPlsWW.cab Browse to a valid installation source, and then click ok. Did not know what to do, and ended up cance...

Comman Name space problem
Hi, I have a parent domain controller let say 'a' and 2 child domains 'b&c' on the network... I have exchange installed on the on the parent domain and the naming convention it shows is Name@a.com and for childs it shows has name@b.a.com & name@c.a.com... But going forward i want all the people on my tree(thats is users in all domains a,b,c) to have a single naming convection for the mails has lastname.firstname@a.com... any info. on this ASAP is much appreciated Thanks all Naveen Email addresses are generated by Recipient Policy. As long as you have a single ...

Trend Installation on SBS 2008
I’ve have just build SBS 2008 for the first time, this went straight forward enough, but now I 've just installed Trend “Worry Free Business Security Advanced” and too my surprise it has just installed SQL 2005 Express Edition, why has it done this when I already have a full blown version of SQL installed. I’m sure I didn’t see anything asking me whether I wanted to use the existing SQL installation and I’ve double checked the installation manual and can’t find anything there. Could anyone shed any light on this ? -- Thanks Pat On Jan 7, 2:34=A0pm, Pat-B <P...@d...

Outlook is not installed for this user Error message
Outlook had been working fine but now I keep getting this error message stating: "Outlook is not installed for this user". Reinstalling the program doesn't help. After searching through Google I discovered this is a common problem but haven't come across a solution yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks. Does the rest of Office work for you without error? Check your Application Event Viewer for further details about Office and/or Outlook. Please post back including your version of Office and type of mail account. Include any Event Viewer errors and their contents, spe...

Dialog, tab key and focus rect problem
Hi, I would like to understand the following native behaviour in a dialog box: Wyou initially click on a control, it gains the focus but it doesn't display a focus rect. Hit tab once or several times to come back to the control and it displays a focus rect. Hit tab again to remove the focus from the control, now click on it and it regains the focus but this time it displays a focus rect. So gaining the focus is not enough to display a focus rect. Hitting tab fixes that once and for all. Why this behaviour ? I would like a focus rect in any case. Is there a solution ? Thank you Nicola...

Problem Opening Forms Assistant By Default For Custom Objects
For standard CRM objects such as the Account, it's possible to open the forms assistant by default by setting relatedInformationCollapsed= “false” for the main form in the customization file. This same solution does not appear to work for custom objects and I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and/or has a solution. Thanks, Darryl ...

Windows shortcut prompt for parameters
Can anyone remember the syntax for getting a Windows shortcut or a command prompt to prompt the user for a parameter? It's something I haven't done for years - possibly decades... In fact, it's been so long that I've been told it's been removed from Windows and that I'll have to use a batch file instead. That seems absurd - surely it's not the case? In dos type doskey /? and you might find something in there, although I doubt it. There is not much you can do anymore as we used to do in ms-dos. Frank "InvisibleDuncan" <InvisibleDun...