Windows Active Directory Interview Questions

Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on
Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003
AD environment.   Please click on the following link to see them
http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html
0
Cherry

Cherry wrote:
> Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions
> on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows
> 2003 AD environment.   Please click on the following link to see
> them
> http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-direct0y-interview.html

But it's 2010 and Windows Server 2008 has been out for a while, with changes
even in the R2 releases to AD choices.  While there may still be people
(many) using the older servers - I would rather hire someone that can bring
my company up to date than somebody who can keep me behind the times as I am
already.  *shrug*

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
7/16/2010 3:30:27 PM
here are some server 2008 interview questions

'Server 2008 Questions And Answers | It's All About IT
Administrations' (http://tinyurl.com/27tdbnp)

--
anujsharma_85
0

macro to find cell content in sheets and make sheet active
Hi, i have been really struggling with this macro. i have a PO Number. example : 4533211/NICYC in my po book i have up to 1000 purchase orders/ each with a unigue number. i have set up a form and this number is set under a variable called PONumber on every PO, the number is found in cell E13 what i need to do is this. 1.open my form and enter my PO number to find 2.press apply and the macro should take the number, and look through all of the PO's until it finds the matching number. 3. when the number is found, stop searching and make this sheet active. i have everything else complete...

License Question
I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook? Or will just a standard license do? Anybody know? From what I have read in the IG the license you pruchase for the Sales (or Customer Service) module will entitle you to use both the web browser interface and/or the Outlook client interface with no additional cost. Panayiotis On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM cl...

Current Directory of a Process
Hi All, I am looking for some information on how a processes current directory is determined. Some of the information in the newsgroups pointed that the directory from which the application is invoked is treated as the current directory of that process. I am not seeing this in my application. The application is invoked from a bat file using 'start'. One of the dlls loaded by the application is invoking a script. The script creates a log file, this log file is being created in the root directory of the current drive. I tried looking at the current directory using the GetCurren...

A few customization questions
Hello, I'm new to CRM and am trying to do some customizations to make it better fit our needs. I was hoping someone could provide some insight as to how possible/feasible the following changes are: 1. When a Lead is "qualified" as an Account, I'd like to automatically set some of the properties of that new Account (like the relationship type). I haven't seen a way to get at the created Account in Workflow Manager, though. How can I go about this? 2. I need to associate an Activity with a Contract Line but it doesn't look like the Activity form is available in th...

Debt Reduction Planner Question
At the bottom of the Planner Schedule it reads, "With this plan, you will save x$ in interest over the minimum plan, and a $100.00 purchase will cost you approximately $101.45." Are they refering to past $100 purchases or future $100 purchases? I know what they are saying should probably be very obvious, but it is not to me. Thanks ...

How to write a temp file in user's directory.
Hi Need to write one temp file in user's directory. Is there a way to hide the file in order to avoid user's opening, modifying? Thank you, Kelvin >Need to write one temp file in user's directory. Is there a way to hide the >file in order to avoid user's opening, modifying? Kelvin, You could create the file with the hidden attribute but the only way to stop another application from opening the file is to keep it open (without allowing sharing) yourself. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:02:41 +0800, "Kelvin" <Kel...

exchange Mail Backup Question
Windows 2003 R2 Windows 2003 Exchange Server I have about 15 exchange users in my organization. I would like to disable user to delete and Move any incoming and outgoing mails at least one full backup (24h). We do not arrow user to create Personal PST. Right now, I can capture incoming mails only using forward and keep copy, but I can not capture send mails. I am looking if I can archive mail as soon as receive and send mails. Archive PST is on server sheard dirve, Once a month owner will look usermails and delete unnessesary (Junk) mails to keep exchange mailbox smaller. ...

excel question 11-30-09
i am writing a paper for school and i have to calculate the net pay on a spreadsheet. the formula my professor wants me to use is gross pay -( federal tax+state tax) i used formuia =e3-(f3+g3) and it produces a series of #### in the net pay category however if i hover over them it pops up with the correct total .. how do i make it show the total in the box not just a series of number signs? Place the cursor on that particular cell and Do right click>>Format Cells>>Number>>Category>>Select Number and give Ok. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -...

Is this the wrong kind of question? nobody answered so reposting!
"Ike" <accordiondocxyzxyzxyz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:8zmXf.12341$k75.6154@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... Clearly (no pun intended). Marcus yes -- Gary''s Student "Ike" wrote: > > On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 03:36:36 GMT, "Ike" <accordiondocxyzxyzxyz@mindspring.com> wrote: Your question is confusing. See my response in your original thread. --ron ...

Error Code 8024000E Windows Update Not Functional!
A couple of days ago my PC stopped being able to even check for or get updates. I believe that something that was installed on the update of 11/13 caused this issue because my computer suddenly has 3 problems it has never had before. Here are the lines from the log file where the process bombs out: 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate failed to load WuPackages.xml file, error = 0x8024000E 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to download package information, error = 0x8024000E 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup FAT...

Can I install Office 97 on my new windows xp computer?
I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install this on my new computer with Windows XP? Yes. In article <569D8416-360C-4DBB-82A6-D1090EB53395@microsoft.com>, "whitedog" <whitedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new > computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office > 97 E...

converting a 4 figure number to time in active cell
Hi, I've got 2007 on my pc and I'm trying to set up a timesheet. As I'm to lazy to keep entering the ":" all the time, i was wondering if someone knew how to change 1530 to 15:30 etc in the active cell for all cells G5 to I19 on all 5 sheets in my workbook!!! I think this has something to do with vba or macros and i've never used them before. If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks Pete Chip Pearson shows how you can do that here: 'Date And Time Entry' (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm) Hope this helps. Pete Pee;29...

Date Entry Question
I want to enter JUST the month and year and have Excel recognize it as such. Unfortunately, Excel decides the year I am entering is a day of a month and uses the current year to complete the date. For example, I enter Feb-03 into a date-formatted cell (Mmm-yy) and Excel shows Feb-04 as the output. If I click on the cell, the value is 2/3/2004. Is there anyway around this? Excel will always treat a date as mm/dd/yyyy format (at least in the U.S.). So if you enter 02/2004, Excel will show 2/1/2004 in the formula bar. The only thing you can do (I think) is format the cell as mm/yyyy o...

Rename a folder, but "rename" is not active
Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder. I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled. How do I do this? Thanks you need to start outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

question about structure declaration/initialization
struct halfstroke { WPARAM DnCode; WPARAM UpCode; LPARAM DnInfo; LPARAM UpInfo; POINT DnPtrPos; POINT UpPtrPos; DWORD DnTime; DWORD UpTime; }Key[6]={0}; I just want to zero the whole "Key[6]" thing, to initialize everything to do with Key[6] to zero. Is that correct? Thanks in advance. kinda. I believe the rule is if you give an incomplete initialization like that the remainder gets initialized to zero The cleanest way to initialize is to give the struct a constructor struct aaa aaa() : b(0), c(0), d(0) { int a int b int c } x[99] then you know for sure e...

Questions re: OE to Outlook?
Hi: I'd like to upgrade to Outlook. When I use Export files from OE or Import files from Outlook, I get all the saved messages but the folders are not preserved. I just get ALL the messages in my Inbox. How would I move my folders in tact? Also, despite saving my password for my Hotmail accounts, Outlook asks me for the password each time I log into Outlook. Finally, how would I set up multiple users on Outlook as was possible with OE? Please respond to me at suresh_Vr@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance. ...

Migration Question #14
I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server to Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools Wizard and have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to install Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I get the following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server TermServ03 must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft Exchange Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past this point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. Ple...

How to forbid the Windows Updates
Hello, Windows Server 2003 Following a catastrophe after a Windows Update, I want to forbid any future Windows Update, even the option when we shutdown the server: "Install the updates and shutdown". How can I do that? Thanks Disable the Windows Update service. Start|Run|services.msc For the idiotic 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option. Start|Run|gpedit.msc Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update Do not display 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option in Shut Down Windows dialog box -- Regards, Dave P...

Windows Firewall Backward Compatibility
I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward compatibility? Regards James James wrote: > I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work > also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? > In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward > compatibility? They practically always do. It's extremely rare for Microsoft to disable previously supported API. But the best way to know for sure is ju...

DPM 2007 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V Failover Cluster
Should DPM 2007 SP1 be able to backup virtual machines that are in a Windows Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V fail over cluster? Each VM has a dedicated LUN at this point in time. From previous experience the backups appear to be inconsistent from the stand point of if the machine is migrated to another host the backup breaks. Has anyone successfully implemented backups for this type of environment? DPM 2007 SP1 does officially support backing up VMs on Windows 2008 SP2 Hyper-V Clusters. -- Narendran[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer...

Font and Subscript Question
I have this text string containing formulas. ="Qo = "&(ROUND(AG41,2))&" / ("&AB30&" x "&(ROUND(AG30/AB30,2))&")". I want to have the answer to (ROUND(AG30/AB30,2)) show up as a different color. When I highlight the text and then click the font color button, no colors are available. How do I do that? Also, I would like to subscript the o in Qo. How would I do this? Thanks a lot for your help. You'd need to replace your formula with a VBA event macro. You could do something like Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() ...

Pre-purchase questions
I have a friend currently using Mac OS 9.2 but probably getting a new Mac within 6 months running OS X. He needs word processing primarily. Can the current releases of MS Word even run under OS 9.2? I see nothing on Microsoft's website about system requirements. He's not firmly wedded to the idea of MS Word as his word processor. Kind regards On 7/11/04 4:44 PM, in article 2a31501c46790$3c800170$a601280a@phx.gbl, "Morley Chalmers" <morley@7Office.com> wrote: > I have a friend currently using Mac OS 9.2 but probably getting a new Mac > within 6 months run...

A Worksheet Protection Question
How can I protect a worksheet so that any user can do anything desired, except change the formatting. Using Excel 2002. Thanks for any suggestions Paul Paul I've only got 2003 and 2007 on this machine, but I think this applies to XP (2002) Go to tools>protection>protect sheet and check format cells under 'allow users of this workbook to:' list Remember protection is a two stage process (locking the cells under format>cells...>Protection. this is the default and then protect the sheet, with or without a password) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southam...

Why does Outlook 2002 not run in Windows 7?
I have installed an older version of MS Office on my new computer running Windows 7 OS. All of the programs work fine, except for MS Outlook 2002. Everytime I run the program it crashes with an error. I have tried downloading several updates, after uninstalling and re-installing Outlook, without any solution. The error code is below: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 10.0.6856.0 Application Timestamp: 4a7c8be7 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000...

Windows XP Update problem help needed-
Am running Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the following updates available: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed they succeeded along with the others but when I rest...