Windows Active Directory Interview Questions

Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on
Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003
AD environment.   Please click on the following link to see them
http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html
0
Cherry

Cherry wrote:
> Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions
> on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows
> 2003 AD environment.   Please click on the following link to see
> them
> http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-direct0y-interview.html

But it's 2010 and Windows Server 2008 has been out for a while, with changes
even in the R2 releases to AD choices.  While there may still be people
(many) using the older servers - I would rather hire someone that can bring
my company up to date than somebody who can keep me behind the times as I am
already.  *shrug*

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
7/16/2010 3:30:27 PM
here are some server 2008 interview questions

'Server 2008 Questions And Answers | It's All About IT
Administrations' (http://tinyurl.com/27tdbnp)

--
anujsharma_85
0

Access 97 Runtime question
We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get a shortcut menu. I want them to be able to Export the report they are viewing. Would Access 2003 runtime have the shortcut menu? Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin dot beaton at mccsa dot c o m> wrote in message news:uiQA0i7zHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. > I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get > a shortcut menu. I want them to be...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Optimiztion question
I was looking at MSDN on optimizing queries (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998577.aspx) and am unclear as to why a foreign key relationship affects the query in this case. At the beginning of the article it gives an example and starts out by saying: The sample screen shot in Figure 14.2 shows an execution plan that accesses only one table, although two tables are included in a join in the query. Because there is a declared foreign key relationship between the authors table and the titleauthor table, and the au_id column in the titleauthor table is not allowed to b...

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

excel windows in taskbar
Is there a way to make the "show windows in taskbar" option a global default for excel? I have to go to Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar box every day for every document to make it work. Is there a way to make it stick? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=21581 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com dork What version of Excel? Always good to state the version because some problems are version-specific and trouble-shooting is easier. From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB...

Window "visibility"
I'm trying to create a window that is inherited from CDialog - but I want the window to not only show up under the "Windows" pulldown from the main menu, but also show up as a taskbar item under Windows XP. I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, and can get the first such window to show up as a taskbar item by creating it with a NULL parent. However, every other dialog created (and there are several - all modeless) get tied to the first dialog. Must I resort to using CFormView as the base class? ...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

How do I activate the trial exel 2003 program if it does't find c.
My Browser works good but the activation window does't find conection You need to talk to your ISP. Connection problems are in their domain. I have the free trial version. I have used it freely for a month. My SBC/Yahoo DSL connected fine, however at one time I was using Earthlink dial-up. That connection service was terrible. I live in a small town close to Detroit, and had to connect to the closest major city to go on-line. If you don't get good service, try another ISP. "Dolores Dueck" wrote: > My Browser works good but the activation window does't find c...

Macros/Signatures Question
I have an Excel Workbook that I created for a PC Order Form. I set it up to only make certain rows visible based on the Machine Model that they choose. I digital signed the Worksheets and exported the Digital Signature Certificate and installed it on the User’s PCs. The code works great. The user opens the Workbook and it runs the Macros with no problem. The problem I have is when the user goes to save the Workbook. They get an error that “Excel can not sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. Do you want to remove the digital signature and continue saving this workbook?”...

Windows 7 uninstall
Well, fool that I am sometimes, I bought an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional at Costco to put on my Dell laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. Turns out I can't do the upgrade but can do an install. So I did, turns out that I now have both operating systems running and hardly any room left on partition D. Next step, I think, is to uninstall 7 and rethink the whole thing. I haven't been happy with Vista, makes the laptop run terribly slow, wish I'd gotten XP instead. Dell's answer to me was to buy another computer, running 7. How does one go about...

Simple IMAP question
Hi, How do I enable shared calendar with free/busy information through IMAP ? When I add the "calendar" folder in IMAP it displays as a mail folder, not a calendar. Pierrot Is this calendar a mailbox or public folder? Why are you using IMAP instead of MAPI? MAPI is much more feature complete as it applies to this sort of thing. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NzXwrV6GHA.4352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do I...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Questions on migration from VS2005 to VS2010
Hi folks, As is the case every couple of years, I go through a nerve-wracking transition to a new development environment. The thing is, I've become really comfortable with VS2005, and our small team has a very simple and effective approach to development. I am nervous that VS2010 will negatively effect our productivity; but don't want to get too "far behind" toolset versions. So, that being said, I wanted to ask a few questions on what to expect when moving from VS2005 to VS2010 on an upcoming project. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Question...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

Activating a window
I need to switch to another application when the user presses a button in my app. I have the app's window handle, so SetForegroundWindow() brings this other app to the forground and I dare say I'll soon find out how to give it the focus as well. BUT, if this other app is minimised, SetForegroundWindow() does nothing. So, I need to determine if it is minimised. To quote on-line help, "The IsIconic function determines whether the specified window is minimized (iconic)". Well, it IS iconic and the func returns FALSE ???????? Alternatively, given that I have the other ...

Filtering question
Is there a way to expand the filter option so that it shows 1 row (or more), both above and below any row that contains the value I am looking for? Data|filter|autofilter examines each cell/row on its own. Maybe you can put the key value for each group on the rows you want. Then filter by that column. richzip wrote: > > Is there a way to expand the filter option so that it shows 1 row (or more), > both above and below any row that contains the value I am looking for? -- Dave Peterson ...

1:N relationships with Service Activity
Hi, I have a scenario that can be summarized into the following: 1. Appointment is made with a client. 2. some services and products are delivered to the client. 3. multiple invoices could be created for the services & products used/delivered during the appointment. Since i needed the scheduling capabilities i thought Initially of using the service activity as the centralized entity to manage the appointments and link the invoices and the services/products list to the service activity in a 1:N relationship. The problem with service activity is that it doesn't allow for custom 1:...

Hidden Outlook Directory
Outlook appears to have a hidden directory where it stores/places attachments which you have opened from within an email. The path is C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files>. The hidden directory, on my pc, is called OLK22A. Problem with the directory is that I can only see it/get to it via a dos window. It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer even though I indicated that I wanted Explorer to show all hidden files and directories. How can I unhide this directory? I don't like having things sit on my harddrive that I don't want and/o...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

New to Money 2006
I was using Money 2004 and upgraded it to 2006 last night (God only knows, why :)). I started to hate the idea of Passport and Web Publishing my account details and so did not choose the Passport option. I was able to install with regular Money stand alone password and still update all my accounts by downloading them from the respective financial institutions (as I used to do with 2004). The problem is with MBNA America. I want to download the credit card transactions. But the online setup process is asking me for passport setup. I looked at the description of this bank on Microsoft site...