What is wrong with my audio?

Hello..

Ever since I put a fresh install of Windows XP Professional on my computer,
32 bit btw, I have not been able to get sound to come out of my speakers..
Yes, I did install the drivers from my manufacturer's website, and even
installed a program called Driver checker to install all the missing drivers
I needed.. But still, no sound. Headphones don't even work so I know it's not
the speakers fault, it's obviously some kind of driver messing it up or
something.. Anyone have any ideas? I can supply screenshots of anything, if
needed.

"Rylie" <Rylie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello..
>
> Ever since I put a fresh install of Windows XP Professional on my
> computer,
> 32 bit btw, I have not been able to get sound to come out of my speakers..
> Yes, I did install the drivers from my manufacturer's website, and even
> installed a program called Driver checker to install all the missing
> drivers
> I needed.. But still, no sound. Headphones don't even work so I know it's
> not
> the speakers fault, it's obviously some kind of driver messing it up or
> something.. Anyone have any ideas? I can supply screenshots of anything,
> if
> needed.

Rylie,

Disregarding the fact that this post is identical to the one you placed 2
days ago (20 Feb 10), have you considered the idea that this may be a
hardware issue and the sound card is bad ?  Outwardly, it would seem rather
coincidental that your sound issue coincided with the XP install, but,
stranger things have happened.

After reading the responses to your prior post, it seems unlikely it is a
driver issue.  I know you *you* read them because you responded to them.

Just a thought.

Skiffle

0
Skiffle
2/22/2010 6:19:57 AM
Rylie wrote:
> Hello..
>
> Ever since I put a fresh install of Windows XP Professional on my
> computer, 32 bit btw, I have not been able to get sound to come out
> of my speakers.. Yes, I did install the drivers from my
> manufacturer's website, and even installed a program called Driver
> checker to install all the missing drivers I needed.. But still, no
> sound. Headphones don't even work so I know it's not the speakers
> fault, it's obviously some kind of driver messing it up or
> something.. Anyone have any ideas? I can supply screenshots of
> anything, if needed.

I can tell you that after having looked at your screenshot from your
*previous* thread (you really should not have started a new one!), that
you did *not* successfully install the drivers for your audio.

Both Elmo and Jose instructed you to download the Realtek driver from
this page:

http://support.dell.com:80/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=STUDIO540&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

Of course, downloading isn't enough; you need to *install* it, too! You
apparently didn't respond with a message about whether or not you tried
this.

For your convenience:

Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for
REALTEK_ALC888-HD-AUDIO_A00_R205491.EXE

Download

1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled
REALTEK_ALC888-HD-AUDIO_A00_R205491.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R205491. Write down this path so the executable
(I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R205491 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

0
Daave

Credit Card credits wrong amount
We have a very intermitent problem, where, if someone uses a credit card that has a low limit (such as a gift card), RMS seems to appove it for the full amount. A couple of days ago, someone made a purchase for $83.25, but our credit card processor only credited our bank for $25. They say that is the number that came across, even though RMS and PC Charge both show $83.25. I am guessing that it was a $25 gift card, and RMS approved it. Please... if anyone has any suggestions please let me know, since this can cause major problems... ...

linker problem: function is searched in wrong library
hi all, i have a situation like this: - libA implements and dllexports function1 - libB makes use of function1 using dllimport - libB implements and dllexports function2 - myApp makes use of function1 and function2 and is linked against libA and libB when i try to start myAPP i get an error telling my that the entrypoint of function1 in libB could not be found :-( when i run my dependency walker (depends) on myAPP i see that function1 is in the export list of libA (that's correct so far!). i also see that function1 within the import list of libB and there it is shown as broke (red i ...

Outlook Clients Get WRONG Exchange URL
I have an interesting one here: Brand new Exchange Svr 2007, fresh install. Set up all external & internal URLs for autodiscovery, webservices, etc. accurately. DNS is set up. All Outlook 2007 clients (both IN the domain and OUT of the domain) get the following FQDN for the Exchange Server: Exchangesvr.spacefoundation.internal This URL is the INTERNAL only FQDN, NOT the external URLs set in the config& in DNS, which are: Exchange.spacefoundation.org The domain Outlook clients all work fine, since they're inside & have visibility to this internal FQDN. But the OUTS...

Wrong dates on chart exported as web page
When I export an Excel workbook containing 2 charts and a spreadsheet the graphs display the wrong date range along the bottom of the charts. The data is showing the data which it should be, i.e. all of it, but for some reason the dates are all messed up and only show part of the date range. Excel is not missing out some dates - it is just getting them completely wrong. Does anyone have any ideas for fixing this? Thanks Andrew. ...

What went wrong? Run time error 3464
Ok, I asked a few days ago how to do a combo box that would allow you to type a value in and if it existed in the table (or query) to go to that record - and if it didn't exist - to create the record. Dave Hargis (Klatuu) was nice enough to provide the following code for the After Update event. With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[ID] = " & Me.MyCombo If Not .NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End If End With It worked just great - then. I've then gone through and finished out the bulk of the DB. I went to show it to som...

Import to wrong place
When I imported my .pst I accidently dumped it into "personal folders" choice instead of Outlook Today [personal folders]. Therefore I now have two each of inbox, calendar, notes, etc. The folders under Outlook Today in the folder view are blank. The folders unders the added personal folder is where the information is now. I want to move it all to Outlook Today [personal folders]. I've tried un-install and re-install the entire Office program, but the folder settings end up in the same place. I can move the personal folders to Outlook Today but it won't let me &q...

wrong images displayed / auto generated image names
I have been using publisher (2007) for a while now maintaining my son's website consisting of nothing but pictures. So far it has worked great. I am recently running into a problem where when I add new images, it somehow confuses the filenames (I guess) and displays older pictures from elsewhere in the site. I don't know if the problem is b/c of the quantity of images I have or what. I am aware that the images are renamed to imagexxx.jpg when published. Is there a maximum number of images that can be loaded? On a side note, I would also like to know if there is a way to allow vie...

Excel Mobile fails to open un-protected Excel file, with wrong message....
Enrivonment: Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC R2 emulator with Excel Mobile as in Visual Studio 2008 Desktop Excel 2007 [SUMMARY] I have Excel 2007 workbook saved in 'Excel 97-2003' file format. File, when loaded after removing password, fails to open in Excel mobile [emulator] with error message "password protected Excel workbooks cannot open in Excel Mobile". [IN DETAIL] My file was fairly complex logic, hence before trying load into WM5 emulator, I removed all 'WebQueries', button controls, all macros, forms. File still would have graphs, among other calculations mo...

sending from wrong account
Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) on XP. I have the main mailbox given to me by my Internet Provider, on which I receive and send from as well as several internet mailboxes which I check for incoming mail but which do not allow to email from Outlook and require to login into the relevant website. It's OK. But since recently when I reply ot forward an email which came to my main mailbox, it tries to send it via one of the Internet mailboxed which of course fails saying No transport provider". If I create a new messge from the scrartch ot work OK automatically sending it from my main box. How ...

Outlook keeps sending to the Wrong Address
Friend sent us a Cell phone Text but the e-mail dress was wrong, they then sent us a e-mail with the correct address. I deleted the wrong address from the address book, but when we reply to this e-mail it picks up the wrong address, and then also ads it back to the address book. So how can I totally remove this Wrong address. Running XP Home and IE8 RC1 latest. Thanks Just to check, which version of Outlook are you using? You can change the To address while you're composing the reply if it's wrong in the original email item "Peter M" <peterrm@yahoo.com>...

M05 DLX
I just upgraded from Money 00 to 05 Dlx. It's nice n all, but when I went to download my newest transactions from my checking account (which I do my downloading the ofx (?) file off the bank site), it placed the statement into one of my credit card accounts. This is driving me INSANE and I cannot find where I can tell it 'put it HERE.' In 00 it worked just fine. I'm assuming the upgrade has altered some pairing or something. Anyone know what to do to get me back on track? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Axl wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 00 to 05 Dlx. It...

how do i zip an audio and text file together
I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text and separately answer written questions. The two files then must be zipped together before I can send them. I have windows 7 on a new computer and have no idea how to do this. I am still using an old laptop at present but get my wind. 7 next week. I do have acrobat on this old one. Thank you. Put them into a folder and compress the folder (right-click). On Nov 20, 6:31=A0am, Laneyb <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text...

Audio hardware support under Windows CE 6.00
Hi all, For a new development, I have to create a board which should be able to produce two different audio streams on two outputs. For the hardware side, there is no problem for me, I can duplicate the audio codecs. But it is possible to manage two audio outputs playing two different audio streams with Windows CE 6.00? I have take a look at Windows CE audio driver model, it's not so simple! There are 3 differents driver model: * Unified Audio Model (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa919655.aspx) * Audio MDD/PDD (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa931095.asp...

Money 2005 reports wrong after setting up new category
I have several years of my checking account recorded in Money 2005. In generating a 2007 annual report, I decided to create a new expense category. Only the entry that included the new sub-category setup showed up in the report by category. Several other entries were changed to this sub-category in the same session. These entries no do not show up in the new sub-category in the report by category, but they do in the Account Register. How do I fix this? My copy of Money 2005 incudes the latest updates. Don't know if this is pertinent -- In Aug my computer crashed. After the c...

((System.IO.Stream)(s)).ReadTimeout. What might be wrong?
Hello, I have a class that writes to a MemoryStream but I am getting a strange error: ReadTimeout = '((System.IO.Stream)(s)).ReadTimeout' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' base {System.SystemException} = {"Timeouts are not supported on this stream."} Source = "mscorlib" WriteTimeout = '((System.IO.Stream)(s)).WriteTimeout' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' base {System.SystemException} = {"Timeouts are not supported on this stream."} Source...

What is wrong with my newly bought unit
I just bought a new unit of computer loaded, a few days ago. I had Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) install dsl. While familiarising the net, various messeges popped up including certain errors to be reported. Then suddenly, MNS Explorer icon refused to work despite lan still connected. mnsngratis <mnsngratis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just bought a new unit of computer loaded, a few days ago. I had > Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) install dsl. While > familiarising the net, various messeges popped up including certain > errors ...

Paycheck caused budget to be wrong
Using paycheck in version 4. In April changed paycheck by voiding and entry and reentered new. Budget in now to high by one paycheck amount. since it is two months ago, cannot fix budget. ...

Wrong charset language
We (at the company I work for) have an access DB that was created with the wrong Charest, data was inserted using asp with the wrong Charest. This DB was in use for over year by one of our customers. When trying to sort the text filed (in Hebrew language it won't sort it correctly) Is there a way (simple I hope) to convert or change all the DB Charest content? well make function for translating old character set to new one, and make method that goes through whole database replacing critical fields. make backup of database naturally q=) I was doing something similar with translating Lat...

ActiveWorkbook.Save saves to wrong directory
ActiveWorkbook.Save creates a new spreadsheet in Documents instead of saving the spreadsheet in its current location. I am using Excel 2007 with a 2003 file (.xls). The macro is in personal.xlsb and is used to make a few minor fixes to the active spreadsheet. I want to save the active spreadsheet before I make those fixes, in case something goes wrong. But, it needs to save it in place, not create a new file somewhere else. Thank you. Jerry hi Jerry, Has the file previously been saved? Do you have the right permissions to save it in the particular directory? If ...

Exchange Administrator showing wrong windows NT account
In exchange 5.5 Administrator, when you are looking at the mailbox resources, the Windows NT account either changes or does not show the correct associated windows NT account for the mailbox. I was under the impression that the windows nt account that was shown was the associated mailbox primary nt account. if I double click on the mailbox, the primar nt account is what it should be. ??? Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In exchange 5.5 Administrator, when you are looking at the mailbox resources, >the Windows NT account either changes or does not show the correc...

Can't get audio, just video
In the past I have been able to play movies with Media Player. Now I can only get the vedio to play, but no audio. I have Windows 98 XP version 4.7. What's the file type of these movies (AVI, WMV...)? Do you get any errors right before playback, and if so, what's the exact message? If you play a normal MP3, do you hear audio on that? Does installing FFDShow from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDshow.htm help? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Annette wrote: > In the past I have been able to play movies with Media Player. Now I can ...

Mail delivered to the wrong addresses
Hello, I have a very weird problem with our Exchange server. We have just migrated our users from one domain to a new domain. We created a new domain on completely new servers an imported all users from the old one - we didn't migrate any other settings. The problem is that a very small percentage of incoming mail is being delivered to a wrong address. An example could be that someone is sending a mail to ehandel@commitment.dk but the mail is delivered to an address that doesn't exist called tje2@commitment.dk. This address once existed in the old domain and was used for test ...

What wrong on schedule tasks?
When I create a schedule task on XP with SP3, it pops up an error message about account's information at 0x80070005, and not having right for execution. The role for my account is System administrator. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On 3/31/2010 9:42 PM On a whim, Eric pounded out on the keyboard > When I create a schedule task on XP with SP3, it pops up an error message > about account's information at 0x80070005, and not having right for > execution. The role for my account is System administrator. ...

Inbox Date Stamp Is Wrong
In Outlook 2003, the date on received emails is already showing the year 2004. My system date is set correctly. I have sent and had others send me emails through both of my accounts and the date still comes through as 2004. Should I create a new profile? Is there a place to modify this somewhere in Outlook or in the registry? Thanks for your ideas. Dave hmmm. if your clock is right and the senders clock is right then .. is it an ISP problem ? is it the 'sent' or 'received' time which is wrong ? are they the same ? are they logical ? N "Dave T." <anony...

Whats wrong with my query?
UPDATE Item SET MSRP = (( Price - Cost)/Price)*100 WHERE PRICE > 0.00 Trying to copy margin to msrp for a trigger found on this board I think the issue may be that the MSRP field is a "currency" field so it expects a money value. Your formula looks to calculate margin percent. Say price = 15, cost = 5; price - cost = $10; $10/$15 = 0.6666 ; multiplied times 100 = $66.66. But the margin dollars are $10. Hope this helps "masttech@netzero.com" wrote: > UPDATE Item > SET MSRP = (( Price - Cost)/Price)*100 > WHERE PRICE > 0.00 > > Trying to c...