Web ads missing in IE 8

I've place some ads for my business on several established web sites. When I
visit the page where they should be, none of the site's ads show up but the
the rest of the site content is fine. This is only happening on my 2
computers running XP with IE8. Each has a different antivirus program. I've
tried looking at popup blocker issues, compatability view settings, reloading
Flash, etc. The sites (with the ads) are fine on Firefox. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Bookworks wrote:
> I've place some ads for my business on several established web
> sites. When I visit the page where they should be, none of the
> site's ads show up but the the rest of the site content is fine.
> This is only happening on my 2 computers running XP with IE8. Each
> has a different antivirus program. I've tried looking at popup
> blocker issues, compatability view settings, reloading Flash, etc.
> The sites (with the ads) are fine on Firefox. Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

If it is "only happening on [your] 2 computers running XP with IE8", how is
this a problem?  If every other computer with their browsers of choice can
see it - why do you need to see your own advertisements?

What type of advertisements are these and do the ads work on other machines
(as you implied) that have Internet Explorer 8 installed (Windows XP,
WIndows Vista or Windows 7?)

32 or 64-bit?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Missing transactions?
In my Account List view, I see that there are "Transactions to read: 13" for my checking account. However, when I go to my checking account, there are no unread transactions! Note that I do have "View: All Transactions covering All Dates" selected as the view, so I would expect to see all of the transactions. I've been using MS Money for years, and this is the first time this problem has come up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, DJ You could try deleting the statement from the account list, right click where it says 'X tr...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

How to develop a ie plugin?
Hi friends: I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash player use MS vc++. But I even don't know how to begin.I search the Internet and find little info about this. pls give me some tip or some article. really appreicate Search for "Browser Helper Object' in msdn. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "L.J.S" <BcOnline2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovtgh9CvEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi friends: > I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash pl...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Web Interface
Hello I have installed CRM 3.0 and am trying to log into the web interface however all I get is service unavailable. Everything is running that I can tell is there anywhere in the logs I should be looking for errors? When I try and open Work flow I got this error: "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRm server. Or you are not a valid user" I understand I need to log into crm via the WEB however when I go to the default site (http://dino:5555) all I get is service unavailable. We have ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can=E2=80=99t_delete_e-mails_in_Queue?=
Hello, I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to delete them and the Delete NDRs and Delete (no NDRs) are grayed out. Any ideas on how to delete them? The system is W2003 sp1, Exchange 2003 SP2 Thank you, ‘koz On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:43:01 -0700, koz <koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > > > >I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender >is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to d...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

Adding GAL users into a custom form
Hi, I have created a custom form, and am required to add a series of approvers. What I am trying to achieve is: * Add users from my GAL into a text field, so that when the form is sent, they do not get initially CC'ed the form. Is this achievable, and if so, how do I do it (if you could help by including any appropriate code, that would be great). Regards, Rick ...

Non AD emails going to 1 user
I have an Exchange 2003 server running on SBS 2003 the issues is one user is getting all the emails sent to him that look like they are coming from his domain. For example his email is user@mydomain.com but in his inbox he is getting XYZ@mydomain.com but XYZ is not in the AD or has a email box set up on this server. Why is getting this non AD email and how can I stop it. Thanks in advance Are you sure it's not a SPAM where the spammer may have simply put in 123abc@mydomain.com and BCC it to all possible conceivable names @mydomain.com?? R Green "LaOVis" <LaOVis@discuss...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Web service error
When I Call the CRM webservice from an aspx page the first time I get this error System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) If I click refresh it gets me the correct data. Could this be the solution ? Anyone tried it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885274 -----------------------------...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

PDF file #8

Excel 2002 #8
I have two clients that are trying to print a Excel spreadsheet. When they print it comes out portrait instead of landscape. When they go to print preview the spreadsheet is set to portrait. I will change it to landscape but it will still print portrait. I had them email the spreadsheet to me when I print it comes out landscape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sounds more of a printer issue if it comes out OK on your printer -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ryan Ivie" <ivth300@dshs.wa.gov> wrote in me...

Missing message-ID
In emailing a small newsletter mostly within Australia I receive the following message to a copy which goes to the UK - Remote host said: 550-RFC2822 says you should have a Message-ID. 550 Most messages without it are spam, so your mail has been rejected. My understanding of 'Message-ID' is very limited and I can find no reference to it the properties of any SentMail (although it may well exist) Domestic newsletter copies are delivered OK. Current versions Outlook and Word. Suggestions ? KD "Kevin Davies" said in news:ufFigoE7DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > In ema...