Way to have Data Avail on Desk Top and Min?

Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top Computer, the
other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data available on
both?

Thank you.

--

==================
It's back to school - please respect and obey school zones.

0
Laughingstar

network them together, share the drive/folder with the data on it. Connect
to that share from 2nd pc. It then appears as another hard disk on that pc.
Note - accessing the data simultaneously usually requires the data base
program facilitates that as otherwise conflicts can occur, e.g. both pc's
editing the same info and attempt to save the changes at the same time (one
will not make it at the least).

There's more to it than the above ...

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top Computer,
> the
> other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data available on
> both?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
>
> ==================
> It's back to school - please respect and obey school zones.
> Our children depend on it. For more information, visit
> www.txdot.gov/safety/tips/pedestrians.htm

0
pjp
8/25/2010 7:52:51 PM
complicated?/

pjp wrote:
>> network them together, share the drive/folder with the data on it.
>> Connect to that share from 2nd pc. It then appears as another hard
>> disk on that pc. Note - accessing the data simultaneously usually
>> requires the data base program facilitates that as otherwise
>> conflicts can occur, e.g. both pc's editing the same info and
>> attempt to save the changes at the same time (one will not make it
>> at the least).
>>
>> There's more to it than the above ...
>>
>> "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
>>> Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top
>>> Computer, the
>>> other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data
>>> available on both?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ==================
>>> It's back to school - please respect and obey school zones.
>>> Our children depend on it. For more information, visit
>>> www.txdot.gov/safety/tips/pedestrians.htm

0
Laughingstar
8/25/2010 10:31:05 PM
Start, Help and Support, look up Share Folders.

~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
> Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top Computer, the
> other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data available on
> both?
>
> Thank you.

0
Bob
8/26/2010 12:20:11 PM
Merci

Bob I wrote:
>> Start, Help and Support, look up Share Folders.
>>
>> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>>> Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top
>>> Computer, the other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to
>>> have data available on both?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

0
Laughingstar
8/26/2010 6:43:36 PM
Not surprisingly, it's not on my Start  . . .

Bob I wrote:
>> Start, Help and Support, look up Share Folders.
>>
>> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>>> Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top
>>> Computer, the other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to
>>> have data available on both?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

0
Laughingstar
8/26/2010 6:44:53 PM
~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>> Not surprisingly, it's not on my Start  . . .

found it . . . but precious little info (for moi)

0
Laughingstar
8/26/2010 9:30:38 PM
Google has numerous reworded versions of that. Perhaps one of them will
help.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=share+folders+windows+xp&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=share+folders&gs_rfai=CZ717Ta53TNacNIzmNPOmheYPAAAAqgQFT9DpnIA&pbx=1&fp=ad526d12389e3c08

~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:

> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>
>>>Not surprisingly, it's not on my Start  . . .
>

> found it . . . but precious little info (for moi)

0
Bob

Help w/ summarizing a mess of excel data from different sheets?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I really appreciate any and all help from you experts!! So here's the example: I have a mess of data sheets with sales numbers from a lemonade stand. The sheets list the seller in rows (Johnny, Bobby, Sue), and then have several columns for each seller listing what each seller sold: lemonade, coke, pretzels...and how many of each of those they sold. These sellers and their sales numbers are listed on several worksheets in several workbooks from different weekends and different seasons. I need to combine all this information t...

data labels on charts #2
Hi, how can i change #N/D! label into "n/a" or "" with some VBA code. i have column chart with series which data end before end of period. i.e values are: =3D1.3 =3D1.4 =3D1.3 =3D1.2 =3DNA() =3DNA() labels are: 1.3 (non-zero column) 1.4 (non-zero column) 1.3 (non-zero column) 1.2 (non-zero column) #N/D! (zero value column) #N/D! (zero value column) how can i change ONLY labels with #N/D! into "n/a" or "" is there possibility of change without loosing functionality because = sometimes series are fully with data.=20 and how i can change labelling on...

Pivot Table showing wrong data
I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year, Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of customers by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table sh...

XML data tags not showing when mail merging
I'm using Office 2007 Pro, with Windows XP. I'm exporting data from a CRM system (Red Horse) into a .xml template file for mail merge purposes. When I first create the templates, I can see the whole schema, and can place the input tags wherever I want in the document. However, when I exit out of the document and re-enter, the xml input tags (name, address, phone, etc) have disappeared. I do have the xml tags turned on (ctrl shift x) and can add new elements, but the existing elements just do not show up. The templates work properly when run (they do show the address, ...

Run a Query on External data(ODBC) criteria based on input of a ce
I have an access database that I would like to put a DATE into a cell and have it auto run a query with that date criteria. I have done this with the query wizard and manualy but would like to automate the process by just typing the date and pressing the enter any one who could lead me in the right direction or who has done this before I would appreciate the help -- thank you TR Hi As an example here is a part of the procedure, I used for such a task (with ODBC for VisualFox tables, but only query syntax is affected by driver used) Public Sub RefreshQueryes() month= ActiveSheet.Ra...

New Excel data does not appear in linked Access table
I have an Excel2000 worksheet which contains 5 columns of data. I created a table in Access97 which is linked to the worksheet. For the last year, any data added to the worksheet appears in the table. Now the worksheet exceeds 1,683 rows. All data in rows 1684 and beyond does not appear in the table. The worksheet has never had any Named Ranges. Following the suggestion in article 197232, I defined a name range which included data in rows 1 to 2000. Data in rows 1684 and beyond is still not visible in the table. Is the "restriction" in Access or Excel? How can I get around thi...

Best way to migrate from ACT6.0 to MS CRM 3.0
Hi, what ist the best way to migrate from Act! 6.0 to MS CRM 3.0? The Migration Tool from MS is working only with Act 2006. I found Software from scribe. Can i import all Data from Act with scribe? Or is there a better tool? Thanks Libor scribe should work with act 6. There is also an SDK act so you could also write your own import tools if necessary ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Libor Maresch" <Libor_DOT_Maresch_AT_web_DOT_de> wrote in message news:OsUH8aobGHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi,...

Count cells for certian data
Hi guy's i have a spreadsheet with a column that can contain an F or COL. I want to count how many of each I have and display the info in another cell. Would anyone know how to do this using a formula/function? Thanks for any help. Say the column containing the data was Column A, then try these in a cell in any other column: =Countif(A:A,"F") =Countif(A:A,"COL") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------...

Exporting XL data
What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML file format? AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill wrote: > What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML > file format? Hi Bill AFAIK introduced with Excel 2003 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill wrote: > What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML > file format? I've never used it, but there's a: XML Spreadsheet (*.xml) under the "save as type" box in the file|saveAs dialog in xl2002. Frank Kabel wrote: > > Hi Bill > AFAIK introduced wit...

My Outlook contacts email addresses not available
I have recently started using Outlook for my email in my new Windows 7 Pro OS. Prior was OE and had no problems. It is all new to me and I have gone through all the posts regarding my Contacts that contain email addresses but are not availabe when I send emails. No luck. When I click on TO: I get my "detailed address cards" or "outlook address book" as options. Everything is on the address cards, but there is nothing in the address book. I'm a newbie at this so please be patient. I have over 400 addresses in this file, and am hopelessly lost. We have no ...

Data stored in form
Hello, I am in the process of upsizing an Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2005. In the process, I have noticed that a form that is in use does not corespond with a table in the access database. It appears that all of the data is stored in the form itself. 1) Is this possible? 2) If it is, is there a way to transfer the structure to a table in this access database 3) If 2 is possible, can I move the data records over to said table? Thanks, Peter hi Peter, On 28.01.2010 18:51, Peter wrote: > In the process, I have noticed that a form that is in use does not coresp...

Lines in chart when no data is present
I have found the trick to prevent 0's from showing in a chart when the data is blank: If(H2="",NA(),H2/F2) However, the chart line extrapolates from the previous data point to the next datapoint instead of showing a gap. I've looked at Tools-Options-Chart and the Active Chart - Plot Empty Cells as "Not Plotted (leave gaps)" is selected. The data is being charted on a secondary Y axis if this makes a difference. Please help. I need to have gaps. Hi RW, I don't believe there is a straight forward way to do this. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "RW&q...

Using Microsoft Query data in a pivot table.
I'm using MS Query/SQL to pull data from a database that holds accounting information. I have a column (fee) that represents a payment that was made, so, obviously, the number is negative. In SQL, I can change the code to multiply the column by -1 (-1*fee)to make the data positive and everything works fine. However, when I refresh the data in my spreadsheet, it takes that field and moves it to the last column. Do Pivot Tables in Excel expect the columns in a certain order, or does it only look for a matching header, regardless of location? If the former is the case, how to I ge...

Import data properties dialog box
Is there a way to change the defaultin the "Import Data" properties dialog box? Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee Hunter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0a8f01c490ef$bd330f00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the defaultin the "Import Data" > properties dialog box? > Frank, Thank you for your reply. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >AFAIK this is not possible > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, Germany > >"Lee Hunt...

Check data range and return false value if a cell is blank
Example Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value =IF(COUNTA(A1:R1)=18,"Complete","Incomplete") -- HTH Bob "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFC7A2C-1DDE-446B-BA3C-10972F25EACC@microsoft.com... > Example > Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate > "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value ...

Always on top
Hello, I have an multi document application. I want to have one of my views always on top. How can I do this? Thanks Marco did you try setwindowpos?? -- Thanks Raghu mailto:raghup@knowledgeinfotech.com "Marco Jonker" <mjonker1@acta.nl> wrote in message news:ezCFi#PtDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have an multi document application. I want to have one of my views always > on top. How can I do this? > > Thanks Marco > > ...

Best way to save money towards a purchase?
Hello. I am putting aside some money to buy a computer as a graduation gift for a relative. I want to put away $200 a month until June. What is the best way to do this in money. The simple way I am doing it now(and I am sure it will screw up some forecasts and budgets) is to have a transaction in my register of my checking account dated next year sometime(so it sits at the bottom) and I increment it by 200 bucks every month... There must be a better way to do this no? thanks for any and all suggestions!!! Lawrence Maybe the relative could use the computer during this school year. Buy th...

Adding Web capability to a graphics App
Adding Web capability to a graphics App - best way please? The customer has a large graphics app. It is displaying a constantly (but slowing) changing network configuration diagram. Written for Windows, in VC6, it uses GDI+. They want to regularly 'export' the current image so that it viewable by web brousers. So my question is - What technologies are 'out there' to help add this functionality? Can MS web server be used at all - OR - do we have to add some html generation package. -OR- Java -OR- ? Where is the best place to ask such a question? Many thanks if ...

Minimize range on vertical axis with large data gaps
I am tracking the percent of sales by product catagory for a company. They have low percents for everything but one area. I mean, most product areas are less than 10% while one is 60%. I want to remove the distance between the 60% product catagory and all the others but still showing accurate data. I would like to remove 20% - 50% since there is no data for that area. Is that possible? Molly wrote on Fri, 7 Jul 2006 05:54:02 -0700: M> I am tracking the percent of sales by product catagory for a M> company. They have low percents for everything but one M> area. I mean,...

'Fill-in ignores Data Validation settings!
The problem I have with populating previously 'data validated' cell(s) can be explained using this simplified example: There's a small 6-cell range A1:B3 set, by using Data/Validation, to positive decimals only ('decimal'/'greater then'/'0') and populated as follows: 2 3 1 1 7 7 If I now select first four cells (A1:B2) and drag them down to fill-in to A3:B3 replacing 7 7 (equivalent to Edit/Fill/Series/Trend), I end up there with <0 -1> (expected end of the fill-in series!) which, however, bits my 'positive decimals only' setting. Checking...

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

HOw do you specify a text in data validation for cell
For example I am using this as data validation for a cell =Indirect(a4) This returns the contents of the cell which is a named range and the list is displayed. But now I want to return the list behind the named range with a name that has ....say ... a "L" in front of it. so it would be: ="L"&Indirect(a4) but it doesnt work, I get an error. Any ideas? Thanks Include the "L" in the Indirect formula: =INDIRECT("L"&A4) Danny wrote: > I am using this as data validation for a cell > > =Indirect(a4) > > This returns the c...

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...

no trendline option available
I have 3 sets of data for different conditions. When charted, 2 sets have the option to "add trendline", but the third set (with more "ups and downs' in the data) does not have the option available. There are no empty cells in the source data nor are there multiple series on the chart. Any ideas why I don't have the ability to add a trendline on this set of data. At first, I thought it was perhaps because there isn't a high enough order in the polynomial fit, but paring down the data so there is only one peak did not help (that is, add trendline was still not ...

How do I plot a parabolic curve from 2 data points in excel?
I want to be able to trend a Parabolic (i.e. diminishing returns) curve in excel (rather than linear straight line trend)- any idea how I do this?? You need 3 points to uniquely plot a curve - or you need other assumptions. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Paula C" <Paula C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF762BD3-E379-4C67-840C-59CFE3DF2D4A@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to trend a Parabolic (i.e. diminishing returns) curve in > excel (rather than linear straight line trend)- any idea how I do this?? ...