WAMP on remote xp server - how to create db from local machine?

Is this possible?  or do I have to create my dbs on the machine wamp is
installed on.  I want to connect to, access and develop my mysql dbs from my
local machine, the same pc that I use dreamweaver to create my web pages on
and then upload all to remote server.

Any advice appreciated as I have posted to a couple of forums with no
response so far.

regards
donna

0
msnews

In news:eq2QUYPRLHA.5388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
msnews <notinterestedgoaway@hotmail.com> typed:

> Is this possible?  or do I have to create my dbs on the machine wamp
> is installed on.  I want to connect to, access and develop my mysql
> dbs from my local machine, the same pc that I use dreamweaver to
> create my web pages on and then upload all to remote server.
>
> Any advice appreciated as I have posted to a couple of forums with no
> response so far.

Yes it's possible, just not advisable given your stated circumstances, as
you'll need the remote administrator's assistance in opening their firewall
to your database queries, as well as other configuration elements that are
defined in the my.cnf (Linux/Unix) mysqld or the my.ini if the remote server
is M$-based. The best answer I could give you is to study the syntax
elements in the WAMP my.ini file, and you can get help in
news:comp.databases.mysql or via http://dev.mysql.com/doc/index-topic.html

You'll find it far easier though to simply make a backup of your remote
dataabase, get the file onto your local WAMP server, and then use phpmyadmin
to import it into your local WAMP mysqld database.

Work to your heart's content to make the code you're developing workable,
which will restrict any errors to only the local copy. Then, when
everything's working as desired, transfer your code to the remote server,
along with a copy of the local databse if desired.

It's a bad modus operandum to use a production database for development
purposes.

0
Greg

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Microsoft Exchange Server

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

setpassword and xp styles?
Hello I have added manifest file and enabled xp styles in my application. Now, i have EDIT1 mapped to m_edt1 that have a password style. When the application runs, the password character shows as a nice graphical black dot. Now if i call: m_edt1.SetPasswordChar(0) in order to remove the password char. Then if I call setpasswordchar('*') the black dot char never returns... Any ideas how to swap between non password field to password field (with that nice black dot character) ? -- Elias "lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> wrote in message news:OoraL8o9FHA.3592@TK2M...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server