Vertical bar on the left of my folders has diappeared

I have Windows XP SP3. Until about a week ago in folders in "My Documents"
e.g. My Pictures folder I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of
links e.g. "Email this file" and "Copy to CD" etc. etc.  This bar has now
completely disappeared and is no longer there.
Could someone please advise what could have happened and how to get it back
again please.

0
John

> I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of
> This bar has now completely disappeared

Tools > Folder Options > General
(x) Show common tasks in Folder

Lg
Marcello

0
Marcello

How to erase a line drawn using line bar next to + = bar
I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the text is cut and pasted it moves with it, or stays with what it left See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "janetland" <janetland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC6171-7D72-4664-A41F-A4D7388B213F@microsoft.com... >I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or > move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the tex...

Limit to # of shapes in "My Shapes" folder?
I got a new computer from my corporation with Visio 2003 installed. I copied the VNE folder from my old computer to new computer into the "My Shapes" folder and all of the stencils do NOT appear in the pick list. Is there an upper limit on the # of files that can be in the "My Shapes" folder? (The VNE directory from my old computer had approx 1100 stencils). Also opening the "My Shapes" dialog box is REALLY slow -- anyone know how to fix that as well? Thanks in advance. I'm not sure if there is a hard limit or just a performance limit on the number of...

Folders Appearing Empty
I have an archive file that is giving problems. When I open this archive all folders display as empty. However, there are 6000 odd messages and the file is several hundred meg. I have run scanpst and it reports no errors found. Outlook version is 2000 SP3 . Thank you Regards, James Does he have a view applied to his Inbox, such as "Unread Messages" or perhaps a filter? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to ...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Public Folder basics....
Hi, Much appreciation to anyone who can help a beginner in the arts of Public folders: 1. I have just installed my second Exchange box at a remote site with plans of a thrid soon to follow; can I just add the new server as a replca to our PF's, do a "propogate settings" and have all the data be on both servers so users at the remote site aren't coming accross my WAN? Or are there additional steps? 2. If my scenario above is true, is either server really a "master" for the data? The reason I ask mainly is that if no server is master then either server ...

Customizing the to-do bar 2007
Back in Outlook 2003, I had the to-do bar set up to show a task that I had completed that day. It would go gray with a line through it. With 2007, when I complete a task it disappears. Anyone know the proper filter settings that would show only current (not started) tasks in the to-do bar and then show ones completed just today. Getting rid of the completed ones tomorrow. Thanks a lot in advance. No such setting exists. 2007's To do Bar is nowhere near as customisable as the TaskPad in 2002 and 2003. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au .....

Redisplay the Outlook Today Bar?
How do you redisplay the Outlook Today Bar in Outook XP once it has been has been removed? Don J View, Outlook Bar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange util...

RE: Separate accounts in different folders
RE: Separate accounts in different folders Is there a way to have several email accounts on one outlook program BUT have each account have email come into a different folder and have outgoing email saved in a different folder. I know how to add new accounts. BUT: Is there an option for separating the accounts in various folders? Outlook 2003 MS XP You can use rules to filter mail and there is an option in tools, options, email options, advanced to store sent items with the original... or in Outlook 2003, use one inbox (so junk filtering works) and create search folders for each ac...

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

Public Folder Permissions #16
I need to add one account to the public folder heirarchy. I do not want to change any permissions at lower level folders but do want to add this account. Not all folders have the same permissions. How can I add this one account to all public folders without changing any other permissions? Thanks! Check out the PFDAVADMIN tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7295BDC3-B181-47D6-B336-D75188334702@microsoft.com... >I need to add one account to the pub...

Cannot view a mailbox folder and reset password of user's problem
OS: windows 2000 server service pack 4 software: Exchange 2000 version 6.0 (build 6249.4:service pack 3) 1,when I use administrator account to login to my Windows 2000 server and want to double click into a mailbox folder. It prompts "M:\xxxxx.com\mbx\xxx is not accessible. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." 2,when i reset the password of a particular user in active directory->users, and i immediately change the outlook express 's incoming mail password, it seems to be work fine with new password. However, when i change the outlook ex...

Programmatically delete contents of OAB system public folders
I want to programmatically delete the contents of OAB system folders present in MAPI public folder store. I was able to open teh required OAB folders using IMAPIFolder interface but when I tried deleteing the contents, it always gives E_ACCESSDENIED. I was running the code under exchange Administrator Context. I checked teh MAPI permissions on OAB folders through exchange system manager and found out that even administrator does not have write access on OAB folders by defaults. Can anyone tell me, how to programmatically modify MAPI permissions on OAB system folders. Thanks I do not...

Unable to Tranfer emails from the inbox to other folders.
Hi, ive got a bit of a problem. Since yesterday I have been unable to tranfer emails from my inbox to any other folder in outlook. I can still send and receive ok and ive ran the inbox repair tool for my .pst, which found no corrupt files. The strange thing is, if I delete a email, it goes into the deleted items folder, but then allows me to transfer it back only to the inbox. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Tony Dunn. CLear the Deleted Items folder and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting P...

Problem after switching to Public Folder
I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user account into a mail enabled public folder and I have 1 perticular user who gets the error message below when sending to this Public Folder. None of the Microsoft kb articles seem to help. The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. On 13 Jul 2006 06:46:44 -0700, "newadmin" <eli_ayoub@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user &...

Bar Codes and New Item Setup
Good morning, We are trying to set up new items in GP and I have run into a slight problem. We are using the unit of measure scheduled for the first time for individual and case quantities. I just found out that we will have multiple bar codes for different items – 1 for individuals and 1 for cases – that need to be scanned by VShip. Is there a way to associate a different bar code with each line in a unit of measure schedule? Right now we’re using the short description field for the bar code – so, it doesn’t appear that there is even a GP field for bar code. Am I missing something...

Profile and Personal Folder problem
I have posted the two problems below as seperate problems but no one could solve them. I hope, by posting them together, someone will find a common solution. Outlook 2002 and XP Profiles - when I open Outlook I am asked to chose which profile I want to open. I just have one Profile listed. I can select 'always open this option' but, on opening Outlook next time, I get the same request to choose a Profile. Personal Folders - I have 2 Personal Folders the the left hand column. I want to delete one (don't know how it got there). But when I choose PROPERTIES|CLOSE, I get '...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

finding a folder
I spent over 4 hours to find a simple way to find a folder in outlook. I have made many folders and subfolders, I used help, website, with no success. web help says go to file menue-->new-->click on search folders -- such item "search folder" does not exist in "new" Will appreciate any advise. thank you john I presume that you are using Outlook 2003 from the term "search folders?" (In the future, always state your version since there are 5 different releases of Outlook out there, and 2 modes in 2 of them). Have you tried right clicking on the Se...

Outlook 2003 mail folder layout issue, all mail folders
I would like to set a default mail folder layout or view that will apply to all mail folders. In Outlook 2003 when I click View | Arranged By | Current View | Define Views, highlight IMAP Messages (my e-mail account is an IMAP account, not an Exchange mail server), click Modify, makes my changes in the 'Customized View: IMAP Messages', such as: Fields: Subject, Flag Status, From, Received, Size, Attachment, and Importance Group By: None Sort: Received Filter: Off Other Settings: Grid line style: No grid lines [ ] Show items in Groups How do I make Outlook 2003 ...

Could not open default email folders
I am NOT using Outlook (XP 2002) as my default mail client - I use Outlook Express - but do want to use Outlook's contacts and calendar, etc. WHen I try to open Outlook (XP2002) it says that it it could not open your default email folders and won't open my contacts, calendar, etc. It does display a list of files on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled (Office XP 2002), restarted the computer - still nothing. Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my p...

Worksheet Menu Bar Disappeared
An end-user has lost the Worksheet Menu Bar. Under the customize toolbar the option to check the worksheet menu bar is gone also. We have run repair on Office 2000 and reinstalled Office 2000 and still cannot get this resolved. Maybe code would work? Sub Test() Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True End Sub HTH, Andy ...

How to restore public folder permissions
Hi, Unfortunately one of our customers has changed top level security permissions on a public folder. All user permissions have been changed. The customer didnt document the permission structure to set them correctly again. Question: Is there a way to restore the security permissions to a test environment, we dont want to use the production environment for this? (so not the public folders themself) Possibly we need a spare server to restore to and then read the settings, i imagine that wouldnt work correctly because there's no DC, do we need to set up a temporary DC also? Hope so...