URL.dll ... SHELL32.dll ...

Folks:

Sometimes there is the need to customize the look of the icons on my
desktop. The default file is URL.DLL and is located in the "system32"
folder.
URL.dll contains a mere 4 different looking icons. SHELL32.dll goes a bit
further and provided a few dozen choices for how a desktop con looks.

  *  Is there any other files (DLL of other) that I can use to customize
(change the look of) the icons on my desktop ?

Thanks,
JoJo.

0
JoJo

try those in *C:\Windows\System32\moricons.dll*

You can also download free icons from the web at:
http://www.iconarchive.com/

The download links in each icon set have several different formats so
be sure to download only the *.ico (Win)* versions for Windows XP
otherwise they won't work.

0
pip22
2/24/2010 2:46:21 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Folks:
>

> Sometimes there is the need to customize the look of the icons on my
> desktop. The default file is URL.DLL and is located in the "system32"
> folder.
> URL.dll contains a mere 4 different looking icons. SHELL32.dll goes a bit
> further and provided a few dozen choices for how a desktop con looks.
>
>   *  Is there any other files (DLL of other) that I can use to customize
> (change the look of) the icons on my desktop ?
>
> Thanks,
> JoJo.

moricons.dll

or look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/72713-a-few-dlls-with-icons-you-can-replace/

Bernd
0
Bernd
2/24/2010 4:10:21 PM
(Note: Proper attribution lines were replaced in my reply.)

Bernd wrote:

> JoJo wrote:
>
>>   Is there any other files (DLL of other) that I can use to customize
>> (change the look of) the icons on my desktop ?
>
> moricons.dll

And the old Program Manager (prelude to Windows Explorer) that is still
included in Windows XP.

  progman.exe
0
VanguardLH

MAPI Activex Calls in ISAPI DLL
Hello , I am trying to invoke MAPI Activex Call from my ISAPI DLL . But its giving an unhandled exception at HTTPExtensionProc when the function Create is called . I have not overriden HttpExtensionProc in my ISAPI DLL , as I am new to this , I am unable to figure this out . CMapiSession *m_pMapiSession ; m_pMapiSession = new CMapiSession; m_pMapiSession->Create(NULL,WS_VISIBLE,rect,(CWnd *)this,100); //m_pMapiSession->SetNewSession(1); m_pMapiSession->SignOn(); Can anybody throw some light on it . Thanks in advance. Sujay ...

VBScript to check URLs
Hi, im a new bee to scripting... i have an urgent requirement but not able to find way to achive it.... I have a list of 5000+ urls and those needs to be imported and checked against the public DNS server and also need to log the output to a text file with date and time stamp and those files needs to be mailed back. The main idea is to find any phishing attack has been done or not. Can any one help me to find a solution for the same, i found a tool whoisCL.exe and dont know how it would help me.... Please, could any one help me or share if any of you had the same case... Downloa...

Extention DLL and .DEF Exports
Hi I have an MFC Extention DLL (VC6 SP5) from which I exports the classes and functions like this #define DLL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) DLL_EXPORT void MyFunction(void); class DLL_EXPORT MyClasss : public somemfcclasss { }; now it works fine. The problem is when exporting the symbols with the def file. I use depends and copy the symbols function names from there and in def file it is like this ?Myfunction@xxxxxx @ 1 NONAME ?MYCLASS@xxx @ 2 NONAME with the functions it works fine. But with the classes it does not work. I get LNK 2001 error. I want todo this way ...

global variable in MFC Regular DLL -pls urgent
Hi, I created a MFC Regular DLL and declare a variable int __declspec( dllexport ) g_iVar= 4; When i try to access these variable inthe application by importing g_iVar i am getting the value of g_iVar as 0 not 4. And i try to set the g_iVar to 10 in the application and try to access the value inside dll exported function i am getting it a 4 and not 10. Please help me out. Reny hi, Try setting the value of the g_iVar in the InitInstance() of the Dll and then use it. As far as the second case wherein you set the value of the g_iVar to 10 but the exported function of the dll reading i...

Grabbing URLs from a Hyperlink
Hello everyone, I have copy and pasted from the web into excel. It accurately copies the hyperlinks from the website, but what I would like to do is to grab the URL from that column. I've tried some paste specials...but that doesn't seem to work. I know there has to be something fairly easy to do. :) Thanks for your help, -Dwayne ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Are they treated as hyperlinks in Excel You could use a macro: Basic approa...

Passing Array to DLL from VB
Hi all How to send Array to C++ DLL and Get return array from VB? Please Help me. Thanks. Amrit "Amrit" wrote: > Hi all > > How to send Array to C++ DLL and Get return array from VB? > Please Help me. > Thanks. > Amrit > > > hi, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q207931 Selvam ...

fxext32.dll error message
Whenever I start a new email message in Outlook, I get an error message: c:/windows/system32/fxext32.dll could not be installed or loaded. This error began appearing after an uprgade from XP/Media Center to WIndows Vista Premium. The error message directs me to the help menuu to find a function called "detect and repair" which I can not find. Any ideas? Dave What version of outlook? Did you make a new outlook profile? The file is used by fax services and may not be supported in Vista. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Hel...

GetMenuItemInfo access violation in user32.dll
when accessing from another proces void getMenuItem(HWND hWndMenu HMENU menu = GetMenu(hWndMenu) MENUITEMINFO mi, *_mi; unsigned long pid; HANDLE process GetWindowThreadProcessId(hWndMenu, &pid) process=OpenProcess (PROCESS_VM_OPERATION|PROCESS_VM_READ|PROCESS_VM_WRITE|PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION, FALSE, pid) _mi=(MENUITEMINFO*)VirtualAllocEx(process, NULL, sizeof(MENUITEMINFO), MEM_COMMIT, PAGE_READWRITE) ZeroMemory(&mi, sizeof(MENUITEMINFO)) mi.cbSize = sizeof(MENUITEMINFO) mi.fMask = MIIM_TYPE mi.fType = MFT_STRING mi.dwTypeData=NULL WriteProcessMemory(process, _mi, &mi, size...

Which version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE
I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit). I am trying to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit). Which version of the ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from? I keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box, but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a consistency check imediately fails. HELP! You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the DPM server. Th...

delete objects declared in a DLL
Hi, This is my problem: -I've a WIN32 Application. -My Application allocates(using the operator "new") objects of classes declared in a DLL. -When I try to delete these objects the compiler returns an error of this type"debug assertion failed....file dbgheap.c" Does someone know where is the problem? Thanks to all can help me. M It does not matter whether objects are declared in a DLL or in a EXE. You will have the same issue if the object you created was declared/created in an EXE. Show the code where you create/declare the object/class. -- Ajay Kalra [VC++ MVP] aj...

problem loading regular MFC dll written in VC++7 but loading from
Hi, I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6. The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003 installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason. ...

Tooltips not working in MFC extension DLL dialogs
Anyone have a clue as to why my propertysheets do not display tooltips when they are executed from an MFC extension DLL, but work OK when they are not bundled into the DLL, but are classes in the app itself? This is really bugging me, and I have found no coherent answer in my net searches. My DLL even exports an CWinApp class that I am deriving from to get my app, so I would think that any resource handle-related reason is moot. Also, The prop sheet uses the desktop wnd as the parent/owner. Could it be related to this somehow, even though it works fine when not in the DLL? I have read that Afx...

include dll in c++
Hi All, i create a GenDll.dll with mfc wizard. with the following export attributes: 1) i declared a class with the (at dll project) "class DllExport CTestedClas { CTestedClas(); } " thats i done on my dll file. in order to use this dll . i keept the following steps: 1) on my project (that using dll functions) i entred the GenDll.lib file in project -->setings-->link-->object library module. 3) and declare "class DllImport CTestedClas* tt" ; 4) when im done : tt= new CTestedClas(); i've got the error "no appropri...

Country names from dll
Hello! In the "regional settings" dialog of Windows there is a combo which shows languages and countries. For example: "English (United States)". You can retrieve these items by "VerLanguageName". Below this combo (at least under XP) there is another combo box in a frame which says "Location": It shows country names only. Does anybody know how to retrieve them? I did not find any function that would return them to me. Thank you! ...

Sending message to a DLL
Hello group, Is it possible to send windows messages to and from a Dll? I have a MFC DLL derived from CWinApp, and it does have a "Begin...End Message Map"; but since it is 'windowless' how do I use SendMessage, considering the first parameter is a 'hWnd' of the window you want to send the message to? TIA, Ray K. You can send some messages to a CWinApp object. You can also send some to the CDocument type object. It's built into the framework. Tom "raykos" <raykos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8980704-9FD7-4...

Deep in DLL hell
Ok, I'm using VC++ 5.0, and my mfc42d.dll is from 1997 while my mfc42.dll is from 2001. What can be more frustrating than a project that runs flawlessly in debug mode, and not at all in release mode? I'm not doing anything undocumented as far as I know, but I am using a windows hook. I am getting an Unhandled Exception in MFC42.DLL 0x00000005, plus other major glitches. Will mfc continue to give me compatibility problems? Maybe I shouldn't use it anymore. I would like to write dlls and exes that are compatible with all versions of windows, and I'm thinking that mfc is...

Outlook 2000 NTDLL.DLL
Outlook 2000 won't start on a Win XP Pro computer. It was working OK until recently. Outlook tries to start, then issue a serious error warning to send to Microsoft, then simply ends. The application error log shows error id: 1000, faulting module ntdll.dll. We tried to reinstall, repair, download Microsoft updates - still no good. Any help is appreciated - Aidan ...

Convert MFC .exe to ActiveX (ocx dll)
Any ideas how to do that? I've created an MFC app with buttons, comboboxes and other controls and now I need to convert it to ocx control to put it easily in some other apps, but only mfc .exe apps not for web. [sadam] > I've created an MFC app with buttons, > comboboxes and other controls and now I need to convert it to ocx > control to put it easily in some other apps, but only mfc .exe apps > not for web. MFC gives good support to OCX development. I would suggest you to use MFC AppWizard to create a new OCX project, then you can reuse your old existing MFC app code, ...

no getIUMS in dynamic link library MSDART.DLL
Have had a morning of PC problems that I thought were resolved on starting Microsoft Outlook I today found this error message: CiceroULWndFrame: Outlook.Exe getIUMS could not be located in dynamic link library MSDART.DLL I closed the messsage which popped up another 3 times then tried to do detect and repair using my XP Professional program disc. I run Outlook 2002. Your help would be greatly appreciated Fiona Plani <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have had a morning of PC problems that I thought were > resolved on starting Microsoft Outlook I today foun...

how to know where a dll is loaded?
Hi, Is there an easy way for a dll to know where it is located, i.e. the path where it is loaded into memory? I found out that using GetModuleFileName() I need to get the dll handle first. But where I can get the handle? Some dlls don't have DllMain(), where I suppose to get the handle. Your advise is most appreciated. Tony I am still new with windows development, but I had to do something like this. So.. this is what I did. I first grabbed the handle to the window, and then grabbed the process ID. Once I had the process ID, I made a snap shot of all the modules within that p...

Different folder of exe and dll
Hi, I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same folder of the .exe. I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll exists. How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it with the desired dll path?? Yoav. [Yoavo] > I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same > folder of the .exe. > I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll > exists. > How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it > with the desired dll path?? You m...

(KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception, close()
these are the members of my class: =============================== class X { ...... CResultSet m_Command[10][2]; ADODB::_ParameterPtr m_CP_ParentId[10][2]; .....}; ================================ than in constructor of this class I do the following: ============================ X::X{ ..... for (int i=0;i<10;i++) { m_Command[i][0].openCommand("select * from dynamic_data where parent_id = ?"); m_CP_ParentId[i][0] = m_Command[i][0].appendParameter("parent_id",ADODB::adInteger, ADODB::adParamInput,4,(long)0); m_Command[i][1].openCommand("select ...

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll"
On start-up of Outlook I get a message saying: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. Any ideas? ...

outlook caused an invalid page fault in module RPCRT4.DLL
These are the details of the error. This person can copy the contents of an email to Word and print. However, this message comes up everytime in Microsoft Outlook. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module RPCRT4.DLL at 0167:7fbd0894. Registers: EAX=0057031f CS=0167 EIP=7fbd0894 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=0056c1e4 SS=016f ESP=0056c004 EBP=0056c1f4 ECX=7713ee58 DS=016f ESI=00000484 FS=3bdf EDX=bff76855 ES=016f EDI=7713ef6e GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 30 ff 75 d4 8d 85 1c fe ff ff 50 e8 cb 0b 00 Stack dump: 0056c4fc 00000000 00000000 0056c14c 00000020 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000...

Money has encountered a problem and needs to close....... Error Signature: AppName: msmoney.exe ModName: ntdll.dll
This is so annoying! I ran into this issue with Money 2002. After a lot of google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my environment to something and this error was gone. But, I got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to Money 2004. And I run into this issue, where when I try to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up window with the error message. And when I do to see the details it tells me the following: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685 Offset: 0004c663 Can someone help me with this....... and someone sh...