Update Manager

Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled  "UPDATE MANAGER".
It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens.  Why is this window
popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop?

It never used to do this, it just statred lately.  Thankyou.

tony

Because you installed something which features an update manager

"Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled  "UPDATE
> MANAGER".
> It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens.  Why is this window
> popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop?
>
> It never used to do this, it just statred lately.  Thankyou.
>
> tony

0
DL

problems updating Office 2004
I have an iMac G5 (Mac OS X 10.3.9) and Microsoft Office 2004 11.1 (040910). I'd been having some trouble when starting up Word and Excel -- I got a blank screen instead of the Project Gallery screen, and the applications hung. So I went to update the software. I first tried Word's AutoUpdate feature, but I was told that there were no updates. I then went specifically to the Microsoft site and found the 11.1.0 Service Pack and the 11.1.1 Update, both of which I downloaded. But when I start the Service Pack installer, I am told that it can't find the appropriate Office software on m...

Sharepoint and Data Protection Manager
Just wondering who out there is using DPM 2007 to protect Sharepoint 2007 and if there have been any problems or things to watch out for. We had a Sharepoint consultant in who has told us that DPM on its own won't protect Sharepoint. Also posted in the DPM newsgroup. Thanks, Brian I can't say I can provide any guidance. But I was curious. On Microsoft's web site they highlight the "protection" it affords to Sharepoint (http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/dataprotectionmanager/en/us/protect-sharepoint.aspx) Such an interesting dichotomy bet...

This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be update #2
Please be patient and understand my dilemma: Master computer "A” uses windows XP and Office XP Slave computer “B” uses windows 98 and Office 2000 "A” & “B”, are networked through a hub In computer "A” share documents, we have several excel files including a master for updates; Computer “B” is use to work on “A” Hard drive for changing and saving data everyday When computer "A” opens any file, automatically updates links and saves excel files without any problem But if a file is open in Computer “B”, it prompts “This workbook contains one or more links that cann...

update to Exchange 2007 Enterprise SP1 rollup 9 to SP2 Rollup 4 in
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade from SP1 Rollup 9 to SP2 followed by Rollup 4 for SP2. Is there something we should be aware of for this update? Here is our environment: Site A: two node cluster running on Windows 2008 OS (enterprise), Exchange 2007 enterprise with SP1 update rollup 9 two CAS Hub server (both roles installed on each machine) . WNLB is set up for CAS and hub server role redundant. Enterprise Exchange version, 2008 enterprise OS Public folder server (exchange 2007) on a separate server... no mailbox data base running on this. OS 208enterprise,...

2003 slow to show updates/changes
Hello all, I as lots of people am used to 5.5. When changes were made on this server details and settings were changed instantly. How come when i make changes on my new 2003 server the changes do not take effect for the properties of a clients mailbox for approxiamatly 30 minutes. I changed the mailbox limit. Why does it take so long? Surely it does not have to replicate to all the other 2003 servers. I changed the settings on the server for the user whose mailbox was also on the same server. Without knowning much about your setup, it's hard to tell. But, changes do have to replicate...

Format a chart to automatically update with last 26 data points?
I am trying to make a chart that will pull the most recent 26 weeks of data automatically so I won't have to go in and change the range every single week. I am adding the newest data to the right of the the existing data and would like to have the chart just to the right of the most recent data. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks! David See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html specifically example 2. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office p...

Outlook personal Contacts: mass update to CRM?
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out a way how users can easily move (or share actually) their personal Contacts already in Outlook, to CRM. I'm aware it's not too difficult to do it manually by first activating a Contact and then hittin Track in CRM. Still it would be extremely helpful it this could be done as a mass operation. Especially when the number of personal Contacts (which now would need to be shared in CRM) is huge. Any ways to approach this? Thanks in advance! -Eric- Here is a nice link : http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx ...

Money essentials
just purchased MonEss today. Strange that a memo column is generated in reports when I see no way to populate this field. clicking the transaction does not open up on a widow that contain the memo field to fill. is this right? I wouldnt be surprised that this feature is available only on higher grade edtions... -- Sylvie Sorry most of us are NOT surprised. In the majority view Essentials is a little better than Excel but in many ways Excel is more flexible. YMMV. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I d...

Just installed but no Server or User Manager in Deployment Manager
I've just installed CRM3.0 and opened the deployment manager. The Licence Manager (along with a licence) is displayed in the tree structure but nothing else. Any advice would be much appreciated as I can't seem to do anything with this application at the moment. ...

READ THIS UPDATED POSTING: Problem using fill with formulas
(Previous posting contained an error in the formula.) I have a column. I want to fill in the formula from B1 all the way down to B200. I select B1 and drag my mouse down to B200 and select Fill Down. The formula is inserted in every cell. However, I have: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A2:$H201,2,FALSE) when I want the second instance to be: =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) In other words, I want the first cell reference (A) to change, but not the cell references in the yahoo.xls worksheet. Because they are changing, I need ...

UpdateRect doesn't update !?
void CMy0dlgDlg::OnPaint() { static int n3 = 0; CPaintDC dc(this); CRect rcClient; CRect rcPaint( dc.m_ps.rcPaint ); GetClientRect(rcClient); dc.FillSolidRect(rcClient, GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE)); int x1 = 100+n3; int x2 = 300+n3; bool bRet1 = (0 != ::TextOut(dc.m_hDC, x1, 100, _T("abc"), 3)); bool bRet2 = (0 != ::TextOut(dc.m_hDC, x2, 100, _T("def"), 3)); n3 += 10; if (n3 > 100) n3 = 0; } void CMy0dlgDlg::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CRect rc3(0, 0, 200, 20...

Automatic Updates should not be able to restart your computer when
When you have a very important Excel document open that you have not saved and simply go away for a few minutes, it is quite frustrating to come back and find that Windows Updates has restarted your machine for you. Shouldn't the Automated Windows Updates be aware that there are unsaved documents open? ...

Updating Data 07-06-07
Problem: I get a message window saying "The Data Has Been Changed - Another user made changed before you saved yours..." What can I do to stop this window from comming up? Criteria: User picks a specific value from a dropdown that triggers a form to pop up. User enters data on the form and closes it then moves onto the next field on the main form and this message pops up. Code: Private Sub TR_PROBLEMCODESUFFIX_AfterUpdate() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False stDocName = "f_Drugs" If Me.TR_PROBLEMCO...

Refresh and update of Pivot tables on protected sheets on opening wkbk.
I have the following code run on opening the file, but it says, "Cannot edit pivot table on protected sheet. That dialog box comes up twice, immediately after each other. After clicking OK, the file opens still having done the full procedure!?? The strange thing is that if I execute the code via VBA editor it works perfectly without the messages. I can't see what the problem is. Please help When I open VBA editor immediately after this, it always opens at another worksheet module ("Sheet9"), that only has this code in it. Sub RefreshPivot() Call ThisWorkbook.UpdateAllPivot...

Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI
A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is now available. See http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx I took a look at the help and the code to create a ribbon looks pretty convoluted. The reason is, like the CodeJock ribbon, this one based on BCGSoft also has no designer support, so you must specify every ribbon item by code. -- David >A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is >now available. See >http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx...

Alternative methods for updating stock quotes in Microsoft Money
I'm a longtime Money user who recently tried going to Quicken 2010. I found that I lost some serious functionality in doing so (e.g. no foreign account statement downloads) and that I'd rather stick it out with my copy of Money 2007 until it's completely unusable. The question of course is... when will that be? It seems that the only really big problem after 2011 will be online quote downloads, which will be turned off, but individual bank statements should continue to be available if you download them yourself from bank websites. I don't mind manually doing periodi...

Business Contact Manager
Thank you for answering my question on Business Contact Manager. Let me summarize what I thought you all said. BCM can NOT be used if, I have Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003, and if I am using Server 2000 or Server 2003. It will only work on Small Business Edition Server and the exchange that comes with that. (wow) (I am using Office Professional 2003 at the desktop, and will soon install exchange 2003, and Windows server 2003. ) Again, me having 2 managers, and 6 sales people, that want to use something, this MS product is not available for us to even use. So I ask. 1.) Am I right wi...

Pipeline Management Tactical Sales Sheet adding Rows
I am trying to add rows to the Pipeline Management Tactical Sales Sheet template I downloaded from the MS Office web site and while the new row and the numbers work on the first page I cannot get the data to be reflected in the pages that follow. I have tried to add rows in each of them but they do not pick up the formulas. Thank you for the help ...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB971092) fails to install. Status was: Installation Failure; Error Code: 0x20000009 I notice that the download file size is 0 Mb. I had just installed a ton on stuff, and just this one failed. I restarted the computer and tried again and it failed again with the same error message. Any Ideas? Thanks. See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971092 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700)...

Entering Values in a Single Cell to Update Next Empty Cell in a Ra
I would appreciate help with a macro or function to accomplish the following: I would like to enter values in a single "data entry" cell and have it update the next consecutive empty cell in a cell range. For example, cell j29 is the data entry cell: Each time I enter a value in j29, the next empty cell in range b139 through b150 will update. And each value that populates in b139:b150 should be frozen to a "value". I am thinking I have to include a "edit->copy->edit->paste special-> values" macro to freeze every entry after it p...

Integration Manager sansScript Problem
While attempting to run a script in IM, I get the following error: "Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript library." I set a global variable in a Before script and attempt to access it in another script that is run off of a field in the Destination Mapping area. However, the error message is generated when the script tries to execute the GetVariable command to retrieve the value. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hello gthiel, Copy the integration manager chunk file (.cnk) into you Great Plains installation folder again, and launch GP. Kind Regards Eddie Fou...

HotFix for Windows XP will NOT download from Windows Update
This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 (update 1 of 1)... will not download from Windows Update either from the yellow shield or online with Windows Update. it's getting annoying as Windows Update has tried to install it at least every other minute and it keeps failing to the point I am ignoring the yellow shield and continue with my work. How do I get this HotFix INSTALLED??????? Defguy wrote: >This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Servic...

Outlook 2007 installed, prompted for junk email updates for Outlook 2003
Hi, We have Office 2003 installed but have upgraded the Outlook to 2007. When the Microsoft updates are released, I get prompted to install Junk Email updates for both 2003 and 2007. Is this correct? If not, how can I prevent the prompts for 2003 updates? "sheynes" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%230Szd8cwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, We have Office 2003 installed but have upgraded the Outlook to 2007. > When the Microsoft updates > are released, I get prompted to install Junk Email updates for both 2003 and > 2007. Is this correct?...

purchase order return should update the shipment quantities
The partner would like to have the capability to update the quantities in the shipment document so that the returned quantities no longer need to be invoiced. They know that the system is designed in a way that once receipts are posted, the system expects a corresponding invoice to be posted to the posted quantity. But in business logic, the system should no longer invoice items that were already sent back to the vendor. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

Failed Update .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 3.5
This failed repeatedly by Automatic Updates. I contacted tech support - not helpful. I finally realized that .net 3.0 is not installed. I tried to install that manually and failed. I restored and decided to live with .net 2.0. Today Update tried and failed to install .net 2.0 service pack 1. Error Code 0x643. Suggestions? -- emp44 Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. When installing updates using Windows update or Mi...