Update Manager

Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled  "UPDATE MANAGER".
It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens.  Why is this window
popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop?

It never used to do this, it just statred lately.  Thankyou.

tony

Because you installed something which features an update manager

"Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled  "UPDATE
> MANAGER".
> It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens.  Why is this window
> popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop?
>
> It never used to do this, it just statred lately.  Thankyou.
>
> tony

0
DL

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

Windows Vista Updated, Can't turn on Computer
I run Windows Vista Ultimate on my desktop Inspiron 530S, if this is helpful. My computer rebooted this morning to install updates and turned on, but was slow so i restarted. Later I turned it off and now when I turn it back on it goes to Configuring Updates 3/3 0% even though it just updated.... after a few moments it will go to the shutting down screen, shut itself down then turn itself back on and repeat the whole thing, configuring updates 3/3, shutting down, etc etc etc. Hello Annie, Give this one a whirl: <http://www.anguas.com/?p=47> -=- <http://supp...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I ...

Communicating Directly with the MS Money Manager?
Is it possible to communicate directly to the MS Money Team Lead / Manager either through e-mail or telephone? I'm a long time Money user with a few good ideas to improve future products that they may be interested in hearing. FYI....A specific idea of mine should have been utilized in a 2009 version of Money which would have help MSFT sell many more units. Without communication with the Money Team, I am most likely going to switch over to Quicken and perhaps tell them about my ideas. Thanks, -- Phil A. Huddy Money User since 1997 Let us know how switching to Q works for you. &q...

Update KB973904 keeps getting cancelled
Yesterday I noticed disk activity on my PC and guessed that it was applying updates. After it quieted down I logged onto my Administrator account to check (I like to see what's been updated), and sure enough there had been updates. But what was listed (after going to Microsoft Update Home and clicking "Review your update history") was four successful updates and then one, KB973904, with a grey circle in the Status column, meaning Cancelled. This I haven't seen before! There were also several High Priority updates which hadn't been applied, and I noticed the l...

Can't Use Microsoft Update
When I check for updates with Office Access it doesn't send me to the office web site and it doesn't trigger Windows Update. I suggests I install Microsoft Update. But, of course, I get the following error number: Error number: 0x80070002 I am told: "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the " I try later on and the same thing. No I didn't try all the options. So there is a controversy among Microsoft products as to which update service to use? Should I us...

Money 2005 Premium won't update accounts
When I tried updating accounts this morning, Money could not do it. I would get an error message to try again later or to disable then setup the online account updates for the accounts in question. Waiting 18 hours has not helped and neither has trying to setup the online account updates for those account again either. Could this have something to do with the release of M06? I notice that the support page for Money "cannot be found" as well. I've tried creating a brand new money file and I still cannot update any of my accounts that I used to be able to update automatical...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Take 2 at this post as I mashed the keyboard on my last attempt and posted it half the way through! :) Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue and they will be realeasing an Update Rollup to address the bugs, mine included. They cannot provide a timeline and I have clients crucifying me over it. Some of the bugs have workarounds, but for sites with a lot of users OR for our hosted clients which are generally remote users that are geographically all over the p...

Integration Manager password required??!!
Hi When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error Message DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Password' Any Idea fo that? Best Regards Monzer Osama www.gp4arab.com try entering the item manually and see what happens. you're being prompted for some sort of inventory password, although I don't see where a password might be required. "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hi > > When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error > Message > > DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Pass...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

Delay on update the mailbox size, OWA event slower on update?
Hi...there is a single win2k3 domain and single Ex2k3 environment, a user reported his mailbox is run out of size, we increated the size a lot. But we wait for another hour, it is still complaining not enough space to send message. Check the System Manager again, the size is way under the limit. How to force the system to update the mailbox size right away when it is increased? Would OWA take longer to update the size? how to force OWA to update as well? Thanks, fshguo. I don't think OWA would be any different. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];327378...

update a link to a CSV
How can I refresh a link to a CSV file without re-loading the CSV? It may vary somewhat depending on what version of Excel and how the 'link' was actually created, but if it is an OLE link you should be able to go to Edit>Links and use the features of the dialog box. If 'Links' is dimmed in the Edit Menu, then you don't actually have a link. In that case, go to Data>Refresh or View>Toolbars & select the External Data toolbar (if it isn't already displayed). Use the red ! To refresh the data. Should neither options work out, post back with more info. HTH...

Timesheet task updates and notifications not coming through
We are using MSP Server 2007 with Timesheets and have installed a third-party Single Tied Mode. We have one resource that task updates and email notifications of the updates are not being sent throught to PMs when saved. However, the timesheet can be submitted, apporved, and reviewed - but no task updates come through to the task approval page. Another issue is that the timesheet errors when the resource updates the remaining work field - timesheet fails in the queue. We have verified the resources' security and authentication settings. This occurs on any PC the resoruce ...

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel 2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking them. On Apr 21, 2:06=A0pm, June <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Ex= cel > 2003. =A0Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without br= eaking > them. After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls" with ".xlms" Hope this helps, Chris M. It's not clear what you'v...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

KB 91185 won't install from Windows Update
Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data filter' updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now it seems the 2 USB ports on the outside of my tower, no longer work! The 2 on the back of the tower work: they have an optical keyoboard and a printer...both work. When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and 'scan for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but then says there's an error with the ''HID non-user input data filter' again? So I guess I need the fixes, but.....

Account Update Problems
I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, clippertonenet wrote: >I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set >up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot >update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? This assumes you are using Money 2007 or Money Plus. You did not say. Fifth Thi...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

Updating an excel chart on a webpage
using Frontpage2003.. Website is www.applestats.com There are numerous charts in this website. Right now, I just create the chart using the chart wizard in Excel and I copy and paste the chart into Frontpage 2003 and publish it using http. As the data grown in the spreadsheewts, I use to updating function to update the chart and re-copy it to FP 2003 to republish. There has to be a simpler wasy. I would like to put the spreadsheets in a folder in the webfile, and as I update the numbers, have the charts on the web pages update with the new data. Is this possible? I do not know scrip...

Why Excel process is still there on Task Manager list
Hi all, My project is about pick up info from individual workbook, and merge the info into a new workbook. But in the end of code, even I set nothing to workbook and application object, but the Excel process is still there, but the way the open and close procedure is very slow, is there any way to expedite it? Dim SrcWrk As Workbook Dim DstWrk As Workbook Dim app As New Application DstWrk = app.Workbooks.Add() For Each File As String In Directory.GetFiles(Me.SrcDir, "*.xls", System.IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories) ...

Updating Accounts via MSN/Yodlee
Hello - I have two credit card accounts with institutions that do not support direct downloads themselves, but work through the MSN/Yodlee servers (CapitalOne & Bank of America). I have noticed that if I leave Microsoft Money running for a while, and do an "Update Now", these two accounts typically generate an "Update Unsuccessful" message. However, if go to moneycentral.msn.com, choose the "My Money" tab, and sign in immediately before the update, it typically works! Perhaps it has something to do with my Passport/Live ID credentials expiring and n...

Money 2005 and techCU visa updates
When money downloads transactions from my Technology Credit Union visa account, it duplicates all of the entries. How do I prevent this. If I do a manual download from the TechCU site, the entries are NOT duplicated. If I manually delete the duplicate entries, the account NO longer balances. This doesn't seem like proper behavior. ...

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

Manage Identities (as in Outlook express)
Hi all, I am starting to use Outlook as apposed to Outlook express, but I can't find an option to manage email identities, as all of my family have their own email addresses and like to keep their email seperate. Is this not an option in Outlook (2000)?? I am sure I have done this before somehow in Outlook Thanks in advance Steve See this page for information: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer steve <steve...

requisition manager , Business Portal
I have a client that needs to attach documents for example quotes ( word, excel, pdfs) to the requistion. I do not see this capability in Req Mang. Am I missing something? And if there is a way how can it be transfered to the PO in GP. If this is not out of the box; what is the simplest way to add this capability? Thank you for any assistance. There is a trird party product called kwiktag. I love it, works with the Dynamics GP environment and can also work standalone. It is the standalone functionality that is really helping my ROI. The ability to attach any document to GP transac...