Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents

Hello,
Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties
from the list?

If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start
Menu Tab.  Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next
to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents".

hth

Gary V wrote:

> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.
0
LD55ZRA
3/23/2010 10:04:58 PM
Have you changed the name of the User?
If the computer was setup with a user "Owner" as done by a number of pre-loaded systems, and the
name is changed to "Gary", then you lose the 'my recent documents' feature.

"Gary V" <Gary V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

0
Richard
3/23/2010 11:12:44 PM
Yes, that has all been done. Inb fact, I have tried unticking, applying and
re-ticking to see if it changes the state of the folder. When I go to the
hidden folder in Documents and Setttings under my user name, I am denied
acess to the folder but can see no way of re-enabling acccess. Perhpas if I
tried it in safe mode?
Thanks

"LD55ZRA" wrote:

> Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties
> from the list?
>
> If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start
> Menu Tab.  Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next
> to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents".
>
> hth
>

> Gary V wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> > to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> > message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.
> .

No, I have been using the computer in XP fashion (it was downgraded from
Vista) for 6 months without any such problem and then spontaneously this
problem seemed to occur without a User name change.

Gary V wrote:
> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

Go here, click "P" and scroll down to the "Permission Denied" area.
That might help set the permissions and fix the other problem too.

And here's a MSKB search on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?mode=r&qid=293415&query=change+folder+permissions+windows+xp&spid=global&catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&ast=25&ast=28&res=20

--
Joe   =o)
0

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Jounal Viewer
I have read questions posted but not any answer for this issue. In the Journal Viewer - the batch look up is defaulted showing the oldest batch first rather than showing the most recent batch first. Does anyone know how to change this to default to listing the most recent batch first? Appreciate any help. ...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

cannot add to archive.pst
A few months ago, I manually archived a few folders of my inbox and it worked great. I verified that the archive was there, (open outlook data file) and the archive data was in my folder list. I just tried to archive more data and it does not work. I do not get any error messages, outlook seems like it is going through the process ( a little quickly) but the files do not move. They are still in the original folders, not in archive. archive.pst did not change in size. How can I correct this? Using Outlook 2003. Archive depends on the date settings you have set, and this date is t...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

Unable to load graphics file
I had a hard drive "repair" and re-loaded Publisher 2000. Now the program won't let me insert .jpgs (or any other graphics file) -- I get an error message saying it can't convert them. I've tried to re-install from the CD, including the graphics section, but to no avail. Any ideas? Maybe your graphic filters are corrupt Look in a folder similar to this C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If you cannot insert any image rename the .flt files to something like jpegim32.old and drag a new instance from your CD. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.micr...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

How to create an XML document with XmlTextWriter?
Hi, I'm trying to create an XML document with XMLTextWriter but I want to store it in memory (not write it to a file like so many examples do). I tried the following but with no luck. Should I not user this object for this purpose? Thanks, Dave MemoryStream stm = new MemoryStream() XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(stm, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) writer.WriteStartDocument() writer.WriteComment("This Is A List of My Books") writer.WriteStartElement("MyBooks") writer.WriteStartElement("Book") writer.WriteAttributeString("ISBN", "1861005...

document elements (et. al.) toolbar in Word 2008
I may be in the minority here, but I happen to love the Ribbon UI on the PC version. It can collapse down to nothing when needed, and expand out (and even be customized I hear in 2010). That's on the PC. On the Mac I want a Mac-like UI. The Document Elements bar is so out to planet Jupiter on both functionality and as an accelerator into functions writers need most that it's laughable it made it into a release. (I'd much rather have a Mac ribbon that the Document Elements toolbar since at least the ribbon exposes USEFUL functions.) I mean, really =97 how many UPS or Del Mon...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

attaching documents
I am trying to figure out how to attaching a document without having it appear as an icon in the body of the message. I want it to appear as a file name in a field under the subject. I used to be able to do this. Send the message in HTML or Plain Text format, instead of Rich Text format. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:030801c3bf58$bc799de0$a301280a@phx.gbl, beth.thompson@thomson.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to attaching a d...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

How do I stop Excel opening up my PDF documents
Hi thanks in advance, Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. How do I stop this from happening? All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Many thanks Isagold Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold <isagold@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > Hi thanks in advance, > Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. > How do I stop this from happening? > All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Your file associations are screwed up. Yo...

Add times and genral numbers
I have a spread sheet that calculates a score based on the time to finish an event PLUS points scored during the event. Currently I enter the times as seconds (general number Eg 2 minutes = 120. This allows for easy adding of time and points. Each second of event time counts as 1 point. Eg 2 Minutes 30 Seconds is 150 points PLUS 50 points scored during event for a total of 200 points. I want to be able to add times in the correct format. Eg 2:30 for 2 minutes 30 seconds instead of using 150 seconds (actually I would prefer 2.30 for speed) How can I do this to allow for adding a time of 2:3...

How do I add a second y-axis?
I am creating a graph in Excel 2002. I have 2 data series and I need 2 y-axis due to different concentrations between the 2 data series. Everytime I try to add the 2nd axis, I can only view one of the data series. If you are using a secondary axis, check the scaling on both axes. You may have it set so that you can't see one of the series. "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59D1CB48-3855-42A1-BF42-A332AC821D6D@microsoft.com... > I am creating a graph in Excel 2002. I have 2 data series and I need 2 y-axis > due to different concentrat...

Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns
I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in one spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to increase this number? Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have all you need!<g> Check out the new specs here: http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Pi...

Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file, when applying FRx service pack.
When I try to apply a services apck for my FRx client i got this error " Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file. Setup cannot continue if this file is corrupted or not found. Setup will abort now." Please help! ...