Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents

Hello,
Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties
from the list?

If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start
Menu Tab.  Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next
to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents".

hth

Gary V wrote:

> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.
0
LD55ZRA
3/23/2010 10:04:58 PM
Have you changed the name of the User?
If the computer was setup with a user "Owner" as done by a number of pre-loaded systems, and the
name is changed to "Gary", then you lose the 'my recent documents' feature.

"Gary V" <Gary V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

0
Richard
3/23/2010 11:12:44 PM
Yes, that has all been done. Inb fact, I have tried unticking, applying and
re-ticking to see if it changes the state of the folder. When I go to the
hidden folder in Documents and Setttings under my user name, I am denied
acess to the folder but can see no way of re-enabling acccess. Perhpas if I
tried it in safe mode?
Thanks

"LD55ZRA" wrote:

> Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties
> from the list?
>
> If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start
> Menu Tab.  Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next
> to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents".
>
> hth
>

> Gary V wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> > to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> > message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.
> .

No, I have been using the computer in XP fashion (it was downgraded from
Vista) for 6 months without any such problem and then spontaneously this
problem seemed to occur without a User name change.

Gary V wrote:
> Hello,
> Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add
> to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied"
> message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab.

Go here, click "P" and scroll down to the "Permission Denied" area.
That might help set the permissions and fix the other problem too.

And here's a MSKB search on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?mode=r&qid=293415&query=change+folder+permissions+windows+xp&spid=global&catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&ast=25&ast=28&res=20

--
Joe   =o)
0

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Unable to switch to native mode
I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314. Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted.&qu...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Unable to enter correct product key
I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook and installed my Microsoft Office (student and teacher edition). Not understanding the significance of the Product Key, I entered a code that I have already used on another computer. Now I am unable to open Microsoft Word on my hew computer because I also have the same product key used on my old computer. I have three product keys. How can I install the program in my new computer using the correct product key? In article <d10c35c6.0408302116.39c1cc84@posting.google.com>, gstoddard@charter.net (george) wrote: > I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook ...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

How do I add certificates for digital signatures
I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a certificate? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:47:39 -0800 (PST), Chris Nelson <chris.nelson.1022@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx >and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, >the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a...

Unable to relay #3
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. Exchange has the SMTP server enabled. But I cannot send any email out from my server. Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address. All reject me with the same unable to relay error. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'. Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account: 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server: 'server1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unabl...

Move pages from document to document?

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Unable to Send/Recv When Connected to Pub Wireless or DSL
I am unable to send or receieve emails using Outlook when I connect to the Internet using the public library Wireless network, or connect to the Internet using a friends DSL or High Speed Cable connection. Seems I am only able to send and receive when I connect by modem at home. Is there a configuration issue I am not aware of that I can modify to allow me to send and receive when I am not at home on dial-up? Thanks in Advance. I believe because you have outgoing and incoming settings on your home email account (when you set it up) and also because it looks for the IP address is wh...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

add GENDERCODE to leads
We implemented MS CRM some time ago, and now we come across some minor issues... one of them is: why can't we add the GENDERCODE to a lead?? is there a way to do it (easily) or can we better forget about it??? ...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Add a picture
Hello all,- I would like to add an picture in a Excel range (not a background for the entire sheet but only 1 range of cells). This picture has to be behind the range - so if I type something in the cell range, it will be much clearer (instead of having that picture on top of that range with transparency effect). Do you know if it is feasible or if Excel 2003 provided this feature? Thank you in advance! No. Other than worksheet background images, all images reside in the Drawing Layer "above" the cells. One workaround would be to insert your picture, then use the camera tool ...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...