Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities

Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files
Capabilities?  I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files.  I am
not interested in third party software.  Thank you Eddy.

 Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu
place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose
"Compressed (Zipped) File".

"Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed
> Files
> Capabilities?  I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files.  I
> am
> not interested in third party software.  Thank you Eddy.

And you ask this in an XP-specific newsgroup?

Eddy wrote:
> Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed
> Files Capabilities?  I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed
> Files.  I am not interested in third party software.  Thank you Eddy.
0
PA
11/25/2009 8:34:33 AM
Eddy wrote:
> Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files
> Capabilities?  I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files.  I am
> not interested in third party software.  Thank you Eddy.

I don't know.  Have you tried using Google, or asking in a VISTA
newsgroup instead of an XP newsgroup?

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3
Eddy wrote:

> Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files
> Capabilities?  I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files.  I am
> not interested in third party software.  Thank you Eddy.

So apparently you know how to use the zip functionality in Windows XP, the
focus of *this* newsgroup.  Is it really that much different the zip
functionality in Windows Vista, NOT the topic of this newsgroup?

So you're going to pretend to be ignorant of doing your Google searches, uh
huh, or that you lack the initiative to do your own search and instead want
someone else to do your work for you.  Here's one hit from a Google match.
If you want more, do your own searching.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Compress-and-uncompress-files-zip-files
0
VanguardLH

How to reinstall or repair Windows Media Player 11
My Windows Media Player 11 is broken. It sounds horrible. The sound is garbled and no amount of adjustments change this. Previous attempts to get help fixing this have been unsuccessful. And now, if I burn MP3s with it, to a CD, the CD will not play in stand-alone players. It gives a No Disc message, though I can see that the disc has been burned. So... How about uninstalling it then reinstalling? Repairing it? Rolling back to an older version? I found these instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#RollingbacktoapreviousversionofthePl...

Using iterations to calculate circular references.
I am working with data that requires using circular references in some calculations. I checked the "iterations" box to allow for these calculations to work, and Ecxel seems to be calculating everything correctly. The problem is that after I close the workbook, when I later reopen it to continue working, all the cells that are a part of the circular reference display the #VALUE! error. I can fix this by deleting one cell that is part of the loop and then undoing that command, or by copying the formula from a cell, deleting it, and pasting it back into the same cell. I have to d...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

Creating a template using Publisher

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Is anybody using Symantec Enterprise Vault?
Hi, A vendor has recommended this solution to us, I have looked at the datasheet for the product and it speaks the right language but I was wondering if anybody on here uses it in a live environment and what their opinion of it is. Cheers Sean ...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

Backup Excel file

using dates Part 2