I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does
not work.
When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out.

How can I get it to work.

Thanks.
0
Mint

On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does
> not work.
> When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out.
>
> How can I get it to work.
>
> Thanks.

Is this Windows MCE SP2?

What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited
user account?

Does your unlimited user account work as desired?

There is a time synchronization Help and Support feature - is that
what you mean?

Do you mean the whole Internet Time tab is greyed out and accessible,
the Update Now button is greyed out, etc.

Unable to visualize with the information provided so far.
0
Jose
4/4/2010 11:01:35 PM
On Apr 4, 6:01=A0pm, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does
> > not work.
> > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out.
>
> > How can I get it to work.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> Is this Windows MCE SP2?
>
> What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited
> user account?
>
> Does your unlimited user account work as desired?
>
> There is a time synchronization Help and Support feature - is that
> what you mean?
>
> Do you mean the whole Internet Time tab is greyed out and accessible,
> the Update Now button is greyed out, etc.
>
> Unable to visualize with the information provided so far.

Using local security settings, I added Change System Time to the
limited user.

0
Mint
4/5/2010 4:58:42 PM
On Apr 5, 12:58=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 6:01=A0pm, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does
> > > not work.
> > > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out.
>
> > > How can I get it to work.
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > Is this Windows MCE SP2?
>
> > What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited
> > user account?
>
> > Does your unlimited user account work as desired?
>
> > There is a time synchronization Help and Support feature - is that
> > what you mean?
>
> > Do you mean the whole Internet Time tab is greyed out and accessible,
> > the Update Now button is greyed out, etc.
>
> > Unable to visualize with the information provided so far.
>
> Using local security settings, I added Change System Time to the
> limited user.

I will just pretend you are talking about XP Pro SP3.

Limited user accounts cannot change the time.

If you adjust the Local Security Policy and add that Limited user to
the Change the system time policy, they can change the time, but the
Internet Time tab of the Data and Time Properties dialog box are
unavailable (greyed out).

That is they way it works, but I believe there are some third party
programs to mimic the XP Internet Settings sync function so you could
install one of them and give your limited user the ability to run it
and it includes a time sync option.  XP won't let you, but this other
program might.

Never tried it and can't experiment right now, but here is one I read
about from a Google search:

http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/31814/FG_Time_Sync.html

The account is called Limited for a reason.
0
Jose

Procedure to update Standard Costs
Ok We have been running GP for years now and have added the Manufacturing module and in doing that have broken our month cost update using integration manager. Fune...I will use table import.....although there is absolutely NO documentation on this procedure what so ever. Yes I have the SDK Does someone a link or have documentation on say...how to use table import to update Standard costs. ...or maybe How to use table import to import and update data into your Great Plains install?? Tami Tami, You may need to check Mariano Gomez [MVP] post about this, it may be helpful http://...

Updating Discount Info for all items.
My company used to use the quantity discount table to give customers a 'case quantity discount'. The problem is that it is impossible to update this pricing information for a group of items at once. Each time prices change, each item must be updated manually. Therefore, I have decided to do away with the case discounts entirely. So now I am faced with the daunting task of going through item by item and selecting 'There is no discount theme for this item' for each and every one. I am fairly certain it is possible to set this option for all items at once using a que...

performed recovery an now computer wont work.
I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop up come's up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT CLOSE THE POP UP. or do anything else but turn my pc off. please help me any won. Charles wrote: > I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop > up come's up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT > CLOSE THE POP UP. or do anything else but turn my pc off. please > help me any won. What is a "system recovery" in your words? It actually says "Code Purple"? Have you checked ...

Debugging does not work
The inventory db was initially created in Access 2003 and when debugging, everything worked as expected. Code stopped at stop commands, code stopped at a line of code that caused an error if error trapping was written. I could step into and out of code, and over code. Since I started using Access 2007, this is no longer the case. I am unable to perform any of these functions. Does anyone have words of wisdom on the issue? Thanks, John Ruff On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:25:31 -0800, "John Ruff" <papparuff@comcast.net> wrote: Is your database in a Trusted Loca...

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

Averaging Time from mulitple tables
im currently making a database that logs time for how long people are waiting i want to make a query that averages all that infomation i have 1 table that logs when people arrive and another one when people leave i also need to be able to use it when there is more data added to it. i know nearly nothing about queries in databases so can you type in plain english, thanks in advance. You will not be able to do this unless you have a way to tie your tables together. Presumably you have a table of clients, with a ClientID primary key. Or perhaps you just assign a ticket number when the person...

CRM On-Demand Software Updates Question
I have been searching Microsoft's Sites and Googling and I'm trying to find out how updates are handled for users that are using CRM On-Demand. I ran accross a little verbage (not very clear) that leads me to wonder if updates to the CRM Outlook client are are somehow automatically download and installed. If anyone knows the answer to this I would greatly appreciate the information. For CRM Online you can get the latest client updates in three ways. 1. you can choose "Check for Updates" from the CRM menu within Outlook 2. You can go under Start>Programs>Microsoft...

Updating Item Description
When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I haven't passed any value to the ITEMDESC element of taSopLineIvcInsert node of SOP Transaction Schema. And when I checked the SOP10200 table, I saw the item description field is updated with the Short Description of the item. Whereas, when an entry is made in GP directly, Item Description is stored. Can any one please help me to store the item description instead of short description? Thanks in advance. ACE_Shankar: I tested this insert of an order against my 8.0.4.x build and I do indeed get the ITEMDESC passed to the SOP1...

Updated page won't hold formatting after publishing
I've downloaded my site to my hard drive to update pages to my site. They look great on my hard drive. I save and then copy to the server to publish. When I look at the page online, I find it didn't hold any of the page formatting from the site. it only shows the text on a blank white page. My files are going from 14k when I update them to 5 k after saving. am I doing something wrong? is it a glitch in my Frontpage 2003 software? many thanks in advance ...

Message Recall will not process recalls automatically from users mailbox
I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I had a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the message. Is there anyway to set up message reca...

Real-time update of chart using a Spin Button
Excel 2003: If I use a spin button (form control) to update a cell in the series of a line (or bar) chart, the chart does not update until I 'let go' of the spin button. i.e. I click and hold on the spin button and the data is updated in the relevant cell in the spreadsheet, but the chart will only update when I stop 'spinning'. Today, I have seen the updating of a bar/line chart as described above, but the chart updated in real-time whilst the spin button was held down. The author of that demo was not aware that he had done anything special to achieve that effect, and...

Is there a script that will move a new user into a contact public folder
One of my clients is moving to a hosted exchange that will have over 200 people on it. There are going to be approx 40 offices with 2- 5 people in each office. They want to create a public folder system that is named for each specific office. Within each folder will have a contact and calendar folder. My customer would like to know: 1. Does this make sense or is there a better solution 2. Since there will be a lot of updating due to employee turnover is there something out there that will help with all of the changes? i.e. if an employee quits, automatically remove that user...

remove time card records
Greetings, Does anyone know of a way to delete time card records either using a SQL statement or other way? Thanks lax guy This deletes them by cashier. Craig DELETE FROM Timeclock FROM Timeclock INNER JOIN Cashier ON Timeclock.CashierID = Cashier.ID WHERE Cashier.Number = '1004(t)' "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F1D2029-AF9B-481C-885A-041942060822@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > Does anyone know of a way to delete time card records either using a SQL > statement or other way? > Thanks > lax guy Craig, Thanks fo...

Strong Password Impact on OWA Users
Hello, We will be implementing strong password policy in our domain per Microsoft's recommendation for strong passwords. I know that after we implement strong password policy, users will be prompted to change their passwords when they log into the domain. My question is, what about OWA users who log in from the outside to check their e-mails? Will they be prompted to change their passwords as well? What exactly will happen to them? Thanks for any feedback. Ken Implement password change feature through OWA and have them make the change prior to implementation of the policy. N...

Payroll update hangs
Has anyone else had problems with the payroll update engine? This is the first time I'm using it as I just upgraded to 7.0 this spring. Our SUTA accrual was ignoring the wage limit and calculating the tax based on all wages, not just taxable ones. Our VAR told us to apply the R4 tax update even though it didn't seem to apply to us. I applied the update through the Payroll Update Engine on my workstation, and it fixed the report! However, the other workstations still calculate incorrectly, even though they all share a common Reports.dic. I tried applying the tax update a...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with i.
How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number You might want to try this. I used the preview feature. You can use print. There are may be techniques to setup one print call with new page numbers. Option Explicit Public Sub Printsheet() Dim Counter As Integer For Counter = 1 To 5 Call PrintSetup(Counter) ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview Next Counter End Sub Sub PrintSetup(PageNumber As Integer) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "&...

Customer Source Questions limited to one computer
Anyone knows why you can only post questions on CustomerSource from only one computer? I work on two computers and can only enter questions from one of the computers. I can view from any computer. ...

Administrator vs User
When I installed Windows on this new hard drive, I never set up a user account - just administator - and used no passwords. That is the way it is on other two hard drives. For 3 days, until I updated Windows, I never had to log in. Now after updates I have only one choice to log in - that is as "Ron Patterson" In Control Panel / User Accounts there are three icons: Ron Patterson, Computer Administrator Guest - "Guest account is off" Asp Net Machine - Limited Account When I boot up I have to log in as user - Ron Patterson. But when I try to...

Times & Seconds Problem
I need to convert a time in a numerical value. The time is in th format hh:mm:ss. The best way is to give an example of converting 00:01:00 into bein displayed as 60 (seconds) Thanks Gle -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your time value is in cell A1 use the formula =A1*24*60*60 and format this target cell as 'General' >-----Original Message----- >I need to convert a time in a numerical value. The time is in the >format hh:mm:ss. > >The best way is to give an example of converting 00:01:00 into being >displayed as 60 (seconds) > >...

CRM Mobile 1st time registration
I have two new hp phone edition PDA's with MS OS installed. I used the selfSSL to create a certificate. On the first users PDA the installation of the .exe package worked fine. But when I tryed to add another PDA I get the following error event log message. Exiting service abruptly. Details: Exception details : Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider Message : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'. SQL exception Procedure : Line# : 1 Message : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view &#...

major help needed --timing problem
Hi all, i have currently a userform which when a user click the start butto time the time and date appears a1/b1 respectively.in c1 an activit appears. When the user then clicks stop the end time date appears in d1/e1. My question is, is it possible to press start and select an activit and then start another activity but the program still remembers whe you press stop for a certain activity it remembers which start time t put the stop time to. current is this Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() ComboBox1.AddItem "Setting up a new Bank" ComboBox1.AddItem "New Account" ComboBo...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

Message Store does not reflect time of last full backup.
We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up both the system and the exchange stores. The application logs show successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange. The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch 5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. An...

CRM 1.2 Reporting on Billable Time?
Where is resolved cases Billable Time reported? ...

Email rejection from earthlink.net users
We have resently changed from Exchange 5.5 in an NT 4.0 enviroment to Exchange 2003 with Server 2003. We are getting a email rejection when users send email to earthlink.net users. Message follows: 'finster764@earthlink.net' on 4/7/2004 2:00 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical s...