Text size too small

How can I increase text size _here_?
I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose) at
least two or three times this size.
I wish to send in normal size, of course.

I have the same problem when I read...

(Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to enlarge,
but this doesn't work now :-(((   )

0
RT

"RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> How can I increase text size _here_?
> I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose) at
> least two or three times this size.
> I wish to send in normal size, of course.

This depends which mail app you use.   In Outlook Express you
set display size via / Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
7/18/2010 6:22:19 PM
"Don Phillipson" <e925@SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
> "RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>> How can I increase text size _here_?
>> I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose)
>> at
>> least two or three times this size.
>> I wish to send in normal size, of course.
>
> This depends which mail app you use.   In Outlook Express

Yes <sorry>

you> set display size via / Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.

Been there, done that <Read my post>
Is hat it? No other choice available without resorting to magnifyers?

0
RT
7/19/2010 6:30:30 AM
RT wrote:
> "Don Phillipson" <e925@SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> "RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> How can I increase text size _here_?
>>> I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to
>>> compose) at
>>> least two or three times this size.
>>> I wish to send in normal size, of course.
>>
>> This depends which mail app you use.   In Outlook Express
>
> Yes <sorry>
>
> you> set display size via / Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.
>
> Been there, done that <Read my post>
> Is hat it? No other choice available without resorting to magnifyers?

That's it if "largest" is still too small.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
7/19/2010 12:07:20 PM
RT wrote:
> How can I increase text size _here_?
> I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to
> compose) at least two or three times this size.
> I wish to send in normal size, of course.
>
> I have the same problem when I read...
>
> (Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to
> enlarge, but this doesn't work now :-(((   )

Set your screen resolution to 640x480

0
HeyBub
7/19/2010 2:58:57 PM
"HeyBub" <heybub@gmail.com> wrote in message
> RT wrote:
>> How can I increase text size _here_?
>> I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to
>> compose) at least two or three times this size.
>> I wish to send in normal size, of course.
>>
>> I have the same problem when I read...
>>
>> (Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to
>> enlarge, but this doesn't work now :-(((   )
>
> Set your screen resolution to 640x480

That impacts far too many other things.

Time to switch to Thunderbird, I guess. :-(
I think all the programmers at MS must have 20/20 vision.
Theyu should try living with 2/60 for a while

Thanks to all for trying.

0
RT

msg template. Text sent not what typed!
Hi I have had the strangest issue with Outlook. I sometimes use msg files to send emails to colleagues. Normally I have a template set up and I may change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the topic of the email. However the bulk of the email remains the same. The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved as need to use the template again), and sent it out. Whilst the to,cc and subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappea...

Reinstalling MS Office Small Buisness Edition, 2003
When reinstalling MS Office 2003 from the orginal CD, it states a PA561401.CAB file is missing. How can I retrieve this file if it's not on the installtion disk? Dave Is your CD an OEM version or a full MS version. If the product key contains the letters OEM then post back -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:224E1F6F-7FF7-44F0-8973-A4974CB9AC0D@microsoft.com... > When reinstalling MS Offic...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Size of Desktop
What is the size of the desktop minus any taskbars (eg a user taskbar at the right of the screen) ? Find out using the SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA,... ); API -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Ian Semmel" <isemmel@removejunkmailrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:Oq3Lp6WjFHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > What is the size of the desktop minus any taskbars (eg a user taskbar at the > right of the screen) ? Perfecto ! CheckAbdoul wrote: > Find out using the SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA,... ); API ...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

Extend text to next cell
I am trying to get my text to run over to the next cell only in display not actual value of that cell. So if A1 says, "How now brown cow.", it should show over cells A2 and A3. However, I also need the carriage returns to be picked up. If I use the "Wrap Text" property it only shows the sentence in that cell. If I don't use it I get the [] (brackets) in place of the carriage return. Maybe you could merge those cells (A1:A3 or did you really mean A1:C1?) But be aware that merging cells causes trouble with sorting, pasting, and lots of other stuff. Format|cells|al...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

Justifying text of an axis
How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, mdicke <mdicke@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? You can't, it's fixed by the axis. The best you can do is select a monospaced font and use a custom number format with ???? (question marks). -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Need RULE to search for Text in Body with varying # of spaces
Hi there, I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: "With specific words in the body" However the "Specific words" I'm looking for might contain varying number of spaces: EX: "some text: some more text" "some text: some more text" Is there a wildcard or something to match multiple spaces? --Thanks very much, Kenneth Kenneth Parker <kenneth.parker@sas.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: > "With specific words in the body" > > However...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

Picture Behind Text
I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do this? Rob K wrote: > I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering > up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do > this? ==================================== Which version of Publisher? Place the text box on top of the picture. If you see an unwanted white background behind the text... select the text box and type...Ctrl+T...to make it transparent. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital ...

Text All Capitals
In MSWord, formatting can easily be set so that selected text is always in capitals by Format>Fonts>All Caps. Can text in Excel be similarly formatted? Yes it can be done, but not quite in the same way that Word works. Assuming Column A (ie A1, A2, A3 etc) contains the data you wish to converted to upper case, choose a parallel Column B (ie B1, B2, B3 etc.) and use the formula =UPPER(A1) =UPPER(A2) =UPPER(A3) and so on. -- MartinShort Software Tester ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MartinShort's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Help with formatting text in a textbox
Hi All, I have been trying everything I can think of, and still not getting the results I'm after. I am trying to summarize an order in a textbox, by building a string and assigning it to the caption property of the text box. I create a recordset based on what's in the table, then loop through it and build my string(s). I want to display everything nicely, so I am trying to space each field so that I can put in a header row of labels, and then have each record show nicely spaced below. I am now finding that even when I take into account the length of the data inthe field, I still ca...

Toolbar of different sizes of button
Hi All, I am trying to create a toolbar for IE using ATL+MFC. I want to create a toolbar just like google but without any combobox etc. simple buttons but I have to have different size of buttons on the toolbar. like the first button would be more in width the second and thrid one would be smaller. I tried using SetBitmapSize(); SetButtonSize(); for this but it doesnt seem working.(I am not using imagelist at the moment) if it is better to use imagelist in this situation? more over I put a button image extracting it from MSN toolbar it was a bitmap with pink back ground when I used it as im...

Nonadjacent Cell Text Overflow
Is there a way to merge nonadjacent cells for text overflow. What I' trying to do is have text entered into a row of merged cells(e.g. Row A1:F1) but if the text is more than the cells can contain to overflo into another nonadjacent row of merged cells(Row3 A1:F1). Thanks fo any help with this -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27498 ...

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

Turning off small preview of incoming mail
Each new message I get is previewed in a translucent small rectangle in the lower right hand corner. How can I turn that off? Thanks muchly in advance. dennist "dennist" said in news:817701c3e87b$d935f7c0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > Each new message I get is previewed in a translucent > small rectangle in the lower right hand corner. How can > I turn that off? > > Thanks muchly in advance. > > dennist Either: (1) You have a rule that opens the alert window when new e-mail arrives, so you'll have to check your rule(s). (2) You're asking about MSN/Yahoo/A...

Wrap text limits in Excel 2003 cell formatting
We have an Excel document which needs to support rather lengthy text entries. We formatted the cell to wrap the text, but at a certain point, it stops wrapping. In the Knowledge base, I've found basic information regarding formatting cells and it included the following statement. " Select Wrap Text to wrap the text in the selected cell. The number of wrapped lines depends on the width of the column and the length of the cell contents." So I guess my question is does anyone know how to control the number of wrapped lines OR is there a fixed limit to the text wrapping i...