Is there anyway to stop My Documents from opening everytimg I start a
Windows Explorer session?

I guess there's no future in trying to delete it, because so many products
try to put stuff there.  Right?

0
Laurel

Laurel wrote:
> Is there anyway to stop My Documents from opening everytimg I start a
> Windows Explorer session?

	If you want Explorer to open somewhere else, simply modify the
properties of the shortcut you're using to open it.  All you need do is
create/modify the target field of your Windows Explorer shortcut to
point where you want it.

Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510

WinNT Explorer Command-Line Options
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/4/57.asp

> I guess there's no future in trying to delete it, because so many products
> try to put stuff there.  Right?

	Correct.  It's a protected system folder and shouldn't be deleted.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce

Open Gp
Hello all, just did the upgrade to GP 8 and everything went fine.. However when I uninstalled GP 7.5 the Icon for 8 went with it. I tried to drag the dynamics.set file ontop on the dynamics exe file for the association and that worked however i have to do that the entire time.. I checked the properties of the shortcut and they point to the appropriate directory but each time I have to "open launch file" from the dexterity Runtime.. can't find anything on customer source as of yet.. Many thanx Are you talking about the desktop icon? If so you need click on my computer expand ...

Have Excel treat documents as Word does
In Word the application is not closed until all documents are closed. However when you close Excel, it closes all documents. This difference has caused me to lose unsaved sheets because I keep expecting Excel to behave the same as Word. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Outlook.pst file is 2Gb and cannot be opened
I tried to open outlook this morning and was unable to. The error box said something like ... The file outlook.pst has reached it's maximum size and cannot be opened, please delete unnecessary items permanently (Shift + del) The only problem is I cannot open outlook.pst to delete any items. The size of the file is 2Gb - and I'm sure that last time (a week or so ago) I looked at the file is was 85Mb Any suggestions? TIA Daniel Well, either you have a lot of girlfriends or then just a sh!t load of spam... Goodluck on that one, my pst is around 900mbs.. >-----Original...

error converting Word 97-2003 document to 2007
Among a series of files created in Word 97-2003, one will not open properly in Office Word 2007. It truncates about 7 pages into an 18-page document. All the other files in the series - some larger and some smaller, and some created earlier and later than this particular file (all created on the same computer) - opened/converted on the Office Word 2007 computer without error. The file itself opens fine on other computers running Word 97-2003 - but even upon re-saving, it still won't open on the computer running Office Word 2007. Ideas? Try the Open and Repair option on a CO...

Cannot open any more tables 10-26-07
Hi, This is totally bizzar, when I open a database that has lots of linked tables the database windows shows as per usual displaying the tables. If I then move the mouse pointer over the linked tables, the tooltip shows the path of the database that the linked table resides in which is great, but after about the 50 time of showing the tooltip I get the message "Cannot open any more tables". Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this and better still how to stop it. No code has run, I've tried repair and compacting, creating a new data and relinked all the table...

Word display a strange message while we open a file for the first time

time !
I want o add up Time codes that are for 24 hours The time codes are of the form 00001506 which means 15 seconds and 06 hundredths of a second. obviously the problem is that the 'seconds' and the 'minutes' fields are modulo 60 and the 'hours' field is modulo 24. Thanks in advance! One way: =(LEFT(A1,2)+MID(A1,3,2)/60 + RIGHT(A1,4)/360000)/24 In article <uTysQpQTGHA.4384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Rick Merrill <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote: > I want o add up Time codes that are for 24 hours > > The time codes are of the form > 0000150...

Can I check out multiple files at one time in SharePoint?
-- Thanks for the help. Not with the standard UI. Perhaps with some custom coding you could make it possible. "hvharr" wrote: > Thanks for the help. You can try SPBulkActions which allows, among other things, bulk check- out: http://www.spelements.com/spbulkactions/ On Nov 30, 3:49=A0pm, hvharr <hvh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > Thanks for the help. On the other hand, you can have more than one item checked out to you at any given time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. &quo...

Do not always ask before opening
When double clicking on an attachment I get a message if I would like open or save the file. I would like to open it but I don&#8217;t want to answer this question again. There is an option which says &#8220;Always ask before opening this type of file&#8221; which I want to turn off but can&#8217;t since it is greyed out. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/80 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more...

"Unable to Open Outlook Window"
The subject message appears on a dying Windows ME computer, after which Outlook 2002 closes. I have a new XP computer and want to transfer information to Outlook 2003 on the new one. Is there any way to recover: 1. My contacts; or 2. My E-mail settings? Thanks, Jay Parsons Yes, you should be able to search for your outlook.pst file and transfer it to your new computer. This will transfer calendar, emails, etc but not settings. I would suggest just writing down the settings. Hope this helps! -- Scott Ehardt http://www.scehardt.com "Jay Parsons" <anonym...

unable to open outlook #8
i am unable to open outlook 2000.....wat should i do? Does anything happen when you try? "praveen" <msoos6@msoostrng.local> wrote in message news:eN6zZls9GHA.3396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >i am unable to open outlook 2000.....wat should i do? > ...

MAPS Upgrade to Open LIcence with software assurance?
Does anyone know if this is possible? I am a MAPS user and have currently maxed out my 10 seat license for CRM 3.0. Is it possible to buy additional licenses for this? I am asking because i just bought a 5 user seat and a full media kit. The User licenses do not come with product ids. However, the media kit did. I tried entering the Product ID into the license manager for CRM, it says there already is a server license installed and it will nto let me add another. I try to upgrade the license, and it tells me that my Product ID is invalid. Can anyone help? ...

Sample Access Database using Oracle Data and needing Time/Date Sta
Does anyone know of a good web site out there that has some sample Access Databases that invoke and use Oracle Data or even SQL Server for that matter that also uses a Time/Date Stamp driven Map to drive and filter a query to get results back via an ADO call??? I have been asked to create an Access Database as a GUI Type application which will utilize an Access Form and require User Input to Enter a Date and Time which will ultimately filter the data. I have no idea where to begin on something like this. (Boy....that sounds like a tall order....) Any help would be GREATLY...

trouble opening .mdb file
Hi, I have a problem with a .mdb file. Intermittently when someone has the open others cannot open it. Sometimes it will tell you that someone else has it open, other times if you double click on it nothing happens. Sometimes more than one person can open it. The file is not locked. It happens in 2003 and 2007. The file resides on a shared folder on a server. -- Thank you, Geekzmom 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, and modify privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database ..mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the datab...

2 versions of XL, how to default to earlier one when opening files
I have 2002 and 2000 on one machine. When I dbl-click an xls, it launches 2002. Is it possible to get it to default to 2000? I tried to set it in Folder Options -> Filetypes but there was only one Excel reference in there, which points to 2002. thanks. Find xl2k's excel.exe. My excel.exe for xl2003 is in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 Then reregister that version: Close excel windows start button|run YourpathtoXL2k.exe /unregserver then YourpathtoXL2k.exe /regserver Since my path contains spaces, I'd do: "c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\excel.e...

value of investment accounts over time
I'd like to see how a particular investment account's value has changed over the past few years. This would be in the form of a graph where the chosen time period (in years or months or days) would be on the X axis and the total value of (investments+cash) on the Y axis. It would be nice if I could pick different accounts to overlay as well. How does one do such a simple basic plot in M2004? You'd think that the choice would be Reports Gallery|What I have|Account Balance History. But, when I pick that and select Customize, it only lets me select the Contributions or Cash part ...

Can't open private folder from Outlook 2002
My PC was upgraded and the .pst file was copied to the new machine. When I tried to open the folder (File, Open, Outlook Data file, and click the .pst file) , I get a pop-up window with the message 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'. But this is a new machine with much faster speed and memory. When I tried to define the folder (Tools, Options, Mail set up, Data files , open Files.., and click the .pst file) a window pop-up prompting me to open it from a list of programs. If I select Outlook then another pop-up window appeared w...

Statistics function to reprofile/redistribute a data set over diff time period
We have a series of data over a time interval. We want to maintain the profile over a reduced interval. We want to total value of the data series to remain the same, but have a new profile with a similar distribution. Simple Example. A data set over 6 (x) month period like this 1 2 2 2 2 1 becomes the following over a 3 (y) month period. 3 4 3 Our problem set has various values of x and y and data set is distributed randomly. Thanks, Vilok I am sure what you are asking for makes sense to you, but I don't know what you mean by 'maintain the profile.' In the original data...

Enter same text in mulitple worksheets at the same time
I have a workbook that has 109 worksheets in it, now I need to have the same layout on each page is there a way to type it on wrksht 1 so that it will automactally enter the same text through out the rest of the wrkshts? Or is the old fashion way the only way out of this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 Select the first sheet (click sheet tab), hold down shift and click the last sheet tab to group the sheets, now enter the text, when done right click any sheet tab and select ungroup sheets Regards, Peo Sjoblom Newbee via ...

Run Time Error (again!)
Would someone please tell me what is wrong with this line of coding: CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO tblMovement (InsertDate) " & _ "VALUES (" & txtInsertDate & ")" I am getting a syntex error. The value of the txtInsertDate is =Now() and I am trying to insert that date into a field to create an Insert Date. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Thanks, aj Dates need to be delimited with #, and need to be in mm/dd/yyyy format (or an unambiguous format such as yyyy-mm-dd or dd mmm yyyy) CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT I...

Copy spreadsheet into word document
I am attempting to copy a small excell spreadsheet into a word document ans save the spread sheet in landscape mode inthe word doc ...or pu another way .. I need to rotate the spreadsheet in the word doc so that I can read all the info Please give detailed instrcutions if you know how to accomplish this task.. Thanks GB You have a number of options: If it is a "small" sheet, as you say, then copy it in to the document and resize the table in the document to fit by dragging the handles. Alternatively, if that isn't practical and you need a landscape sheet in a docume...

Money is the only solution with all the features for me
Hi Guys, I thought my needs were pretty simple - A personal money package that is multi currency (GBP, EUR and USD) and prefereably on the Mac. Maybe not...I note quicken will not support multi-currency on the new Mac version and is not even multi currency on Windowz I think... So I already have V17, but I'm buying an ebay version for my wifes macbook to run in Parallels. However end of January 2011 the updates will stop working. I saw the excellent info here http://thefinancebuff.com/2009/09/security-quote-script-for-microsoft-money.html I guess I'll be putting together these...

Editing word doc from SP. Disconnect Laptop. Document now read-onl
Hello, I keep getting bitten by this issue. I forget to save and close the document I'm editing throughout the day. The next morning when I restore the window, it's now read-only. Nothing I've tried reestablishes the link to SP. If I manually check it out in SP, it seems to succeed, yet my open document is still read-only and I can't overwrite on save. My crummy workaround has been to copy the doc contents into another session and close the original. I can then edit from SP and paste on top of the document. Obviously, this is a joke and nerve-racking! I ...

MS Office Picture Manager
Help! I am running XP and MS Office 2003. I have a new problem - whenever I try to open jpg files that were sent to me in an Outlook Email, I cannot open them by clicking on the attached jpg file. I know the file is okay, because if I save the jpg that gets emailed to me, then open it elsewhere (say, from my desktop or from my documents) it works fine then....but whenever I try to open that same file straight from an email that was received....I get the following error message: "MS Office Picture Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...