Shortcut or batch to go to local subfolder

Hi,

for my USB-stick I like to have a shortcut or batch in it's root, that
brings me to a subfolder when I click it from within Windows Explorer.

I have tried this unsuccessfully with a shortcut with this property:
"%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- gives me an error
and a batch file with this content:
cd "%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- does nothing in windows explorer, but
works in a command shell.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Frank

0
Frank

"Frank Spade" <news@teampc.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> for my USB-stick I like to have a shortcut or batch in it's root, that
> brings me to a subfolder when I click it from within Windows Explorer.
>
> I have tried this unsuccessfully with a shortcut with this property:
> "%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- gives me an error
> and a batch file with this content:
> cd "%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- does nothing in windows explorer,
> but works in a command shell.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Frank

Try this:
explorer  "C:\Private\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM"

0
Pegasus
7/18/2010 5:35:42 PM
>> Try this:
>> explorer  "C:\Private\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM"

Well, thanks.
explorer "%CD%PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM"
did it.

Good old batch language is still good for something ...

0
Frank
7/18/2010 8:40:13 PM
> Try this:
> explorer  "C:\Private\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM"

Danke Pegasus.

Da ich den Laufwerksnamen nicht wissen kann, muss ich das aber so machen:
explorer "%CD%PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM"

0
Frank

Missing AP Batch
Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. The invoices show "OPEN" status in AP. We typically have the Post through option checked on AP transactions and did verify that it is still set. The batch didn't go into recovery and it is not in the Batch list in GL. Any ideas? Did you post a cheque run? You may have to process remittances first. Go to Tranactions - Purchasing - Porcess Remittance and see if there is a batch there. "willwonka" wrote: > Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. > > The invoices show &quo...

[Outlook 2002] Local folder
Hello, I would like to create a local folder in Outlook. I created a shortcut in the 'My shortcuts' tool bar, but I would like to access this local folder directly from my Folder list. I don't know if it is possible. I use an exchange server. Example, I would like my folder list like: + Outlook [Mailbox - Bc] (exchange) + Public Folders (exchange) + My Local Folder (local) In that way, I can copy directly my email from the exchange server to my local directory without use the Outlook bar (I don't like it, so I never display it, that's the p...

how do I go to a specific page no in a large document
I am reading a word document that contains 300 pages . How can I go to (say) page 165 directly from (say) page 16 without the long scrolling. Ctrl+G enter Page 165 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

OS error when trying to go Offline
Hoping someone can shed some light on this. Have installed CRM although noticed after installation that the SQLRepl group was not added to SQL Server. While this occurred, I also couldn't replicate using SFO, although all other functionality works perfectly. Servers are in spec P4 2GHz (dual) with 1GB RAM each and SFO was working on a prev install on the client, perfectly aswell. Had no problems uninstalling. So hence manually added the SQLRepl login to DB server, and tried replicating but then when contacting the Publisher server the client appears to work, but then quickly p...

"Go To Dialog Editor" option in VC++ .NET
Hi Everybody! Some time ago I was forced to go from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ .NET and use new environment. There are many things that I have to acclimate with, but there is also one that I can't stand - can anybody tell me why there is no "Go To Dialog Editor" option in VC++ ..NET ? How to do quick transition from class view to dialog editor in VC++ .NET ? Maybe some workaround? Please help... -- Tums This was the most used option. I am missing it too. Shrishail "Tums" <tums.WYWAL_TO@poczta.fm> wrote in message news:c4tojn$lbp$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi...

assign a symbol to a shortcut key
Does anybody know, how I may assign a symbol to a shortcut key in XL? I'd like to insert the check mark symbol (Wingding character code 252) to a key combination. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Greetings, Open the VBA editor (ALT+F11), find your desired workbook in the left pane. Right click and select Insert>Module. A new window opens on the right hand pane. In this new window, place this code: Sub checkmark1() With Selection.Font .Name = "Marlett" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscrip...

Delegates will just not go
O2k on the desktop with E2k SP2 on the backend We have a user who just can not get rid of their delegates when they delete them from TOOL > OPTIONS > DELEGATES The next time they go into Outlook they reappear. Has anyone experienced this and if so do you know of a solution please? Important: This is a personal email and is not an official communication of Stevens & Bolton LLP. In sending this email, the sender is not acting as an agent, representative, or in any other capacity for or on behalf of Stevens & Bolton LLP. Stevens & Bolton LLP accepts no responsibility or liab...

Do I have to create an account in AD that is not going to be used
Ladies and Gentlemen; I have a question, We have couple conference rooms at the company that need a mailbox so users can reserve them. I have an AD and Exchange 2003 environment. Is there a way I can create a mailbox for those conference without a user account. I mean no one is going to use that account to log on in the AM?..... That's a waste! I mean to use the conference room mailbox, that account has to be enable even. Is there a way to go around that in exchange 2003? -JMF You need an AD account to have a corresponding mailbox. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchang...

moving local profiles, imap mail, Oultook data into AD/Exchange
I need step-by-step advice on moving a group of XP users into a new Active Directory domain, and importing their Outlook data + IMAP mail from a BSD server to Exchange 2003. I've built an AD domain; added user accounts and configured mail routing between Exchange, Postfix+Courier, and the outside world; and built nicely workind DNS zones, VPN access, etc. Next I need to: 1 - move each Windows Box into AD, (okay, this one is easy) 2 - move their login profile into AD, so that their Desktop + application-data is preserved, 3 - import Outlook data (calendar, contacts, etc., and local m...

why does my forward email go into another folder
When forwarding an email, outlook tens to place the mail NOT in the send items but into an another folder, strange thing is that I've not created an rule to store the forwarded mail into that Particular folder Pinkeltje <Pinkeltje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When forwarding an email, outlook tens to place the mail NOT in the > send items but into an another folder, strange thing is that I've not > created an > rule to store the forwarded mail into that Particular folder Does it place them in the same folder as the original message you forwarded? -- Br...

Removing shortcut keys
One of the things I did years ago in PPT2003 and all its predecessors was change the shortcut key bindings so Ctrl+N never, ever, under any imaginable circumstances, would do ANYTHING. I do not create PPT presentations so frequently that I need a single-keystroke solution, and if I made a typo hitting Ctrl+N instead of Ctrl+B, I didn't have waste time getting rid of a stupid blank presentation. It seems this is another of the many misfeatures of PPT2007: there is no way to rebind shortcut keys (hey, Microsoft Knows The Ultimate Correct Answer For Everyone!). Does anyone know i...

Add shortcuts to OS for programs in a different folder than \Windo
Hi all, I'd like to include in my OS image a shortcut on the dektop to a program that is in \Flash nand\ folder. I've found a lot for article on how create shortcuts to programs in \Windows folder, and how to add them to the OS image, but nothing related to shortcuts to programs who are in different folder. Any suggestion will be very appreciated. Thank you Same thing, just use a different folder name. You could also put your folder in the system path in the registry and not use the folder name in the shortcut. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitma...

Search for e-mails in subfolders
Anyway to be able to search for e-mails in SUBFOLDERS? Yep, use Advanced Find and select the folders you want to search in. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Veronica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c6f01c48168$84b1e750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway to be able to search for e-mails in SUBFOLDERS? My Outlook 2003 sometimes burps on this. I go into advanced and selecat all folders and sometimes it do...

Want to go back to MS Money 2000 from 2006
I bought a new computer with Money 2006 already installed on it (OEM-Standard). I own MS Money 2000. When I transferred the files from the old computer and opened it with new the version of Money it seemed to be less user-friendly but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I found out I am missing key features (forecasting balances, showing what the new balance will be when highlighting an item in bill summary, how categories are handled). These far outweight the 1 nice feature I found of showing a calendar at the bottom of the bills summary. I loaded MS Money 2000 on the computer. I ca...

Shortcut for Particular Note??
Using Outlook 2003 (all of Microsoft Office 2003 Pro), with Windows XP Pro SP2. On the left side of the Outlook window there is a bar ("Navigation Pane"?), with icons for all the Outlook sub-apps (Mail Calendar, Notes, Contacts, etc.). You can switch between these apps by a single click on an icon. I believe there is also a keyboard shortcut associated with each of these apps, so one can switch between them with the keyboard shortcut rather than a mouse click, if desired. Above those shortcuts are associated folders. One icon is called "Shortcuts", but nothing happe...

Office on Mac as we know it going away? -- speculation (link)
Just some interesting reading and hypothesizing here, I am not saying I agree with this idea. Don't kill the messenger. ;-) Just read it and ponder: <http://groovechicken.blogspot.com/2006/03/future-of-microsoft-office-for-mac.html> -Mark On 22/3/06 15:49, in article #F7SygcTGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, "mmmmark" <mdneely@_EXTRA_vcsd.com> wrote: > Just some interesting reading and hypothesizing here, I am not saying I > agree with this idea. > > Don't kill the messenger. ;-) > > Just read it and ponder: > <http://groovechicke...

The second most important of all bridal accessories is the lingerie. Whether you are going on a honeymoon or staying in your new home, you are going to want some lingerie as for your bridal accessor
The second most important of all bridal accessories is the lingerie. Whether you are going on a honeymoon or staying in your new home, you are going to want some lingerie as for your bridal accessories. The wedding is dome the reception is over and now you want to relax and be alone for the first time in days. You will want something special to wear. Whether it is a short teddy or a long gown, you will want something that looks elegant and sexy. You can visit retail shops or some bridal shops also carry some beautiful lingerie to include with your bridal accessories. please check it our site$...

Keyboard Shortcut for "Go to next worksheet"?
Is ther ea key combo I can use to switch to the next worksheet tab with in the workbook i'm working in? <Ctrl> <PageUp> <Ctrl> <PageDown> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Mr B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63B0CB2F-C226-48CF-82C8-A1E1C0816610@microsoft.com... Is ther ea key combo I can use to switch to the next worksheet tab with in the workbook i'm working in? Ctrl a...

the "News" command is absent from the Go menu ...
Hi, I was setting the news reader but encountered a problem. According to the document, I added the News command to the Go menu by dragging the "News" command from the customization dialog box to the "Go" menu. I set up my news group and tried to post a message. Later an undeliverable email was sent back to my inBox. That's fine. I think I didn't set news reader account right. But now the problem is that the "News" is absent from the Go menu. I cannot access it from the Go menu anymore. I go to the customization dialog box, the "News&q...

Error MSG when going offline
I have a couple users that when they try to go offline they get an error saying SQL server timed out. The only KB I find relevent is 913802 which the Rollup Patch fixed. Any Ideas? Thanks. ...

Local Cost in Supplier
I was going through a list of items supplied by a supplier and I noticed that this one in particular has a column I had never seen called "local cost" right next to cost. I haven't seen this for any of our other suppliers in RMS, does anyone know what this means, or how it is enabled? Thank you. Sorry, I figured it out. In case this happens to anyone else, what had happened is inside the properties for the Supplier, the currency was set to U.S. Dollars instead of Default Currency. Thank you. "ScottM" wrote: > I was going through a list...

prevent attach local printers via remote desktop
anyone know of a way to prevent users from attaching local printers when connecting to servers via remote desktop? may be a group policy or security policy setting? That is done by the Client on the Client-side in the RDP utility under the Resourses Tab (before making the connection). Just "uncheck" the box by Printers. -- Phillip Windell The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft, or anyone else associated with me, including my cats. ----------------------------------------------------- "techstress" <foscsamuel...

create shortcut to folder in outlook toolbar #2
what about if I want to have a folder in my personal folders lets say "Master Project" underneath I create Cost Folder, Labor Hours Folder, House folder One, House folder Two and House Folder 3. If I put every single cost email in the cost folder and every single labor hours email in there folder.........for some of the cost emails they are jsut related to house folder one, but others might have info related to house folder one and two........so rather then copying the email and making seperate cost folders I just want one master cost folder....and I want to create a "short cut...

IE missing the Export to Microsoft Excel shortcut command
I'm using a computer with Vista, IE 7.0.6000.16711CO, Office 2003 SP3. The shortcut menu in IE does not have the "Export to Microsoft Excel" command, which I desperately need. The command appears on another machine running Win XP, and I don't recall having done anything special to enable or disable it - it was just there. I've been searching in Excel & IE Help, MS site, and the Web and can't find any advice about how to add this command. I posted this question to the IE discussion group, and someone suggested I post here. Can anyone help? thanks. The on...

Show all contacts in subfolders
Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. Many thanks "Steevo" <geo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message news:bq5kef$2n4$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for > contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category > subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. > > Many thanks > > > &g...