Saves to History, etc.

Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents,
how does one turn off those saves?

Log on as Guest.

b11_ wrote:
> Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents,
> how does one turn off those saves?

0
Bob
7/23/2010 12:04:45 PM
Thanks Bob for the info but as a guest wouldn't I have a problem installing
new software

"Bob I" wrote:

> Log on as Guest.
>
> b11_ wrote:
> > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents,
> > how does one turn off those saves?
>
> .

Excel saving multiple copies of file
I am running Excel 2002 on Windows XP Professional. I exported a table from Access into Excel. When I make changes to the file and click the Save icon to do a quick save, Excel is creating a copy of the file and saving it in the OLK folder. Each time a do a quick save, a new file is created with an incremental number added to the file. The original file is on a network drive. When I try to attach the Excel file to an email, I browse out to the default file location, and the file that is inserted is one from the OLK file, but I never know which one. Any ideas? ...

Save options and paths in vars
Hello! At the moment I'm writing a small backup script with robocopy. Robocopy offers serveral parameters. For example: /XD exclude file list /XF exlude dir list /MIR Mirroring options Within my backup script, all exclude files and dirs are stored in an seperate variable: For example: $excludeFiles = "UsrClass.dat " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG1 " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG2 " + "ntuser.dat " + "ntuser.dat.LOG1 " + "ntuser.dat.LOG2" At the end of my script I'm using all my prepared va...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

Turn Off Auto Query on saved query
I saved a query in MS-Query and now want to change it, but I cannot un-press the Auto Query button to allow me to edit it. How is that done? hi, on your external data tool bar is an icon for edit query. if you external data tool bar is not up, then RClick the tool bars at the top, click customize. click the toolbar tab. check the external data toolbar. Click somewhere inside the query range, then click edit query. follow the wizards instructions. >-----Original Message----- >I saved a query in MS-Query and now want to change it, but I cannot un-press >the Auto Query button to a...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

clear up for Event/Mutex etc.
I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. After program done. How should I clear up? Using CloseHandle()? Is it required? or it just is close automatically when handle is out of the scope? Handle will be out of scope when your program terminates :) So close them with CloseHandle(...) when you are done with them. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1137184482.030539.30430@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. > After program done. How...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

problems saving to JPG file
hi everybody! im using 2003 SP2 over windows2000 profesional.When i save my visio file to jpg to use it after in a web page, i see this image not clear and i can not distingish any. I have also another computer with Visio 2002 and if i do all this operations an it, i can see it perfectly. I thought it was a problem with visio versions, that opening a visio 2002 file with visio 2003 and save it to .jpg file, it did conversion wrong and that was the reason. But i even started a visio fike from begining with Visio 2003 and the jpg file is almost illegible. I tried with more resolution and noth...

Msg: "Drawing Objects...protected" won't save
I'm using an XLS spreadsheet in Excel 2007, and I can't save it in either the old or new format. the message says "Drawing Objects in one or more sheet(s) in the workbook are protected. Please unprotect them and try to save again. I've selected all the sheets and clicked Unprotect, but I still get this message. Can anyone tell me how to find these objects, and how do I unprotect them? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You can't protect or unprotect all the sheets at once. You have to unprotect t...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Inactive contacts, etc. are visible in assoc. view
I'm having a problem with CRM3.0. In associated views, all entities (contacts, leads, etc) are visible - active or not. Seems like it should be hiding the inactive records. Is that correct? Our system has always shown the inactive records in the associated view. I think it did this in CRM1.2, and I'm sure it's been this way since we upgraded. If this is functioning correctly, I'll leave it alone, but if they are supposed to be hidden (we would really like it if they were), then I'd like to get it fixed. So, how's yours work? And have you seen this problem (if i...

Save Task Folder
How do I save a Task Folder in the Public Folders including saving all the custom views and information in the folder? ...

Saving emails #3
Is there a folder in which all our emails from outlook express sit in? I'm trying to transfer my old emails to my new computer and I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.o...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Task Bar Not shown in explorer etc
Hi all.,,,, When I login to my xp (sp2) machine and get to desktop, the taskbar is there; but if I go to Explorer, it isn't. I can't reach down and grab it and the only way it will show is if I hit the Windows Key, but this also brings up the Start menu. If I choose something on the taskbar, it will come up no problem, but the bl**dy task bar disappears again. It is very annoying if I want to have, say, newsgoup open, and also want to grab Notepad to copy/paste what I see in the n/g.... seems I can only have one or the other. Yes, I have googled my brains out, but...

Why does "wrong operand" appear when saving pub as pdf?
Hi, I am trying to save a 2 page publisher file as a pdf (through pdf995) and it only saves one page. I get the message "wrong operand". Can anyone help? Thanks! Open the file with Publisher, next while in Publisher do, File, Print, from the printer window select from the drop down printer selection menu, select pdf995 and OK. -- Don Vancouver USA "Bex" <Bex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30441E8-3F81-4782-B89E-B456DC112F90@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to save a 2 page publisher file as a pdf (through pdf995) and &g...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

How do I save toolbar setting on new mail?
I am trying to make two toolbars only take up one line instead of two, but when I change it on a new outgoing mail it is not saved. it's caused by an toolbar added by a 3rd party utility. Get rid of the culprit and the toolbars will 'stick'. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Linked Pictures, etc.
I have a Publish 2003 newsletter document . There are linked pictures that are changed every day. When I mannually open the document, the picture is not changed automatically, go to graphic manager, it indicate the "Original is modified" and have to "Update this link" manaully. Questions: 1. Is there a setting that I can set so the linked picture is alway updated by itself when it open. 2. if not, how can I do this programmtically. I can write a macro find a the shapes of type linkedPicture but don't know what method to update the link. 3. This question is beyond l...