Remove empty directories

Does RED do what it's supposed to do? It seems to find an awful lot of empty
directories and I know I haven't created them.

0
Jeff

Jeff T. wrote:

> Does RED do what it's supposed to do? It seems to find an awful lot of empty
> directories and I know I haven't created them.

There is no 'red' command-line or GUI utility included in Windows XP.
0
VanguardLH

Deleting the contents of a directory
How the hell do I programatically delete the contents of a folder? I don't want any bullshit nag screens or moving of files to the recycle bin. I just want them gone. Naturally Microsoft screwed up their MSDN yet again making it even worse in 2005 than in 2003 and I can't find the name of this function. Can anyone give me the function's name? Thanks inline void DeleteFolder(CString filename) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT file; char delfile[255]; strcpy(delfile,filename); delfile[strlen(delfile)+1]=NULL; file.hwnd=::GetActiveWindow(); file.wFunc=FO_DELETE; file.pFrom=delfi...

Remove Error from Outlook2003
Hello Group, I uninstal software for Seimens mobile phone and remove record from windows registry. When I started Outlook is opened window with information, I can't find SiemensQuickSyncButton.dll How remove this error ? Thanks PawelR PawelR <pawelratajczak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: > I uninstal software for Seimens mobile phone and remove record from > windows registry. When I started Outlook is opened window with > information, I can't find SiemensQuickSyncButton.dll > How remove this error ? CLick Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options and look in th...

Removing a Payment from the Reconcile to GL Spreadsheet
Hello: There is a payment that, oddly enough, is in receivables history according to inquiry windows but is not applied to any invoices. Evidently, either the client at one time had previously removed transaction history or a glitch occurred on the network that caused this. The payment is not showing on the Receivables Historical Aged Trial Balance or on the General Ledger Detailed Trial Balance. It is showing, however, on the Reconcile to GL spreadsheet that is available in GP 10.0 in the Financial Routines section. We would like to get this "hung up" payment ...

VBA
I would like to have a button that, when clicked, will copy the contents of a specific row and paste it into the next empty row of several subsequent ranges. Example: Range 1: B8:E12 Range 2: B20:E24 Range 3: B32:E36 There is text in B8 and a number in E8. I would like to click a button that will paste the information in B8 and E8 to the first empty rows in Ranges 2 and 3 (could be B20/E20 of Range 1 and B34/E34 of Range 2, and so on, depending on which row is empty in each range). See if this is what you're after. Sub CopyPasteTwoPlaces() ' Copies B8:E8 t...

How to make Excel Chart not to display empty cells?
I have a range of IF formulas. Sometime IF returns number, sometimes "". The problem is that chart displays "" as value 0. Is there a way to force chart not to display those empty values? IF(condition; number_value; "") Marko Marko: In your If statement, replace "" with Na(). Excel will place a #N/A in the cells that were getting the "". Excel charting recognizes #N/A and will not go to 0. See this post for more details. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm ...Kelly koday@processtrends.com "Marko Pinteric&q...

When Generating Report don't show columns which are empty
Hi, >I have project in MS access. >In that project I am generating some reports for my company. >Now In my form I have one combobox(PalletNo_combo) >when I select an item from combobox and then click on search button then it will generate Report on search criteria. >Now in that report I have 15-20 fields like PalletNo,OrderDate,CustmerCode,ShippingLocation,Ca rtons,PartialCartons,ShippedDate,TotalQuantity,Shi ppedQuantity etc >Now when Report gnerated I have column PartialCarton which is empty sometimes bcz of Null value inside it. >So I don't want to show it in report...

Removing Hidden But Keep Values
Hi! A client gave me an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2002), with a request for me to fill in the prices of various items in his list. I am a contractor, and jobbed out some items to various sub contractors, and asked them to fill in the values of the original spreadsheet, and send it back to me. Now I need to convert from per unit to per thousand, and add my mark-ups to the spreadsheet. I understand the basic formula's, but I want some way to be able to hide my calculations and mark-ups from my client, and give him back the spread sheet. Obviously the guy is smart enough to "S...

Open blank text file in any directory
Is there a reg file that will allow me to right click any dir and open a blank text file? Thanks. On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:57:45 -0700 (PDT), Mint wrote in message <news:01a7996e-ea95-4dd1-8fd4-43a2c0f3ae14@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>: > Is there a reg file that will allow me to right click any dir and open > a blank text file? Windows XP already has that option, but you must open the directory first. Copy the following text between the lines into a plain text file and give it a .reg extension. Double-click on the new .reg file to import it. It will result in a...

Remove non-productive exchange server.
Hi, I have the following sitiution and looking for some advice. - A Exchange 2003 server was installed in Domain Controller A (GC), but never been used, no mail-box is connected, don't ask me why, it has been deployed since i am here. - A production Exchange 2000 server is running in Domain Controller B. - Both Exchange servers are appeared under First Administrative Group / Servers. The reason is Domain Controller B will retire and replace by a new server, it would be nice to remove the Exchange server in Domain Controller A before I deploy the new Exchange server. I don't feel con...

Can i disable/remove the personal contacts-folder
Hi, i got a question about a thing that i want to do with Microsoft Exchange 2003 & Outlook: Can i make the public-contacts-folder as default??? Because i want all my colleagues to only use the PUBLIC-folder of the contacts and not the personal... When they are using their personal-contacts-folder it gets al messed up because everybody got different contacts...!! So what i want is to use only ONE central public contacts folder and i don't want to have the PERSONAL contacts displayed (i want to have it deleted/removed/not displayed/uninstalled/not used or whatever!)! is it poss...

Problem removing a public folder store and tree
I recently created a new root public folder and associated it with a new public folder store that I created. I was just wanting to do some testing. Now I cannot remove either the store or the tree. When I try to "Move all replicas", there are no servers to select to move to. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 with one front end server and two back end servers. All of the public folders on the back-end servers are currently being replicated to each other. I did not create any public folders under the root, and I manually removed the OWA Scratch... and Store Events....

Re: How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net) #2
Here is an updated link to the above Braintrove article: Prevent Namespace Prefixes from Being Copied to the Output http://www.braintrove.com/article/8 --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Braintrove ( http://www.braintrove.com ) Try with my code: // make by Giorgio Giulidori vobjXMLDocument = new XmlDocument(); vobjXMLDocument.Load(pstrFile); string vstrResult = vobjXMLDocument.OuterXml; Regex vobjRegex = new Regex("<[^>]*((xmlns(:\\w+)?)|(xsi(:\\w+)?))\\s*=\\s*(\"[^\"]*\")[^>]*>"); Regex vobjRegexReplace = new Regex("((xmlns(:\\w+)?)|(x...

How to remove Quotes update
Money Plus When i do online updates how can i remove Quotes updates. Now i have to uncheck them everytime. Is there a way to make it unchecked ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >Money Plus >When i do online updates how can i remove Quotes updates. >Now i have to uncheck them everytime. >Is there a way to make it unchecked ? > Are you saying that Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload is not remembering that you cleared the box? A sure-fire way to make a security not do a price update is to remove its symbol. How do i remove the symbol ? "Cal ...

Script to delete files and subfolders in all directories named Arc
I have a script that deletes all files older than 30 days in directories named Archive. I need to modify the script so that it deletes files and subfolders in directories named Archive. This is what I have now: $now = Get-date Get-ChildItem -Path Z:\SQLImport_Export -Filter Archive -Recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer} | Get-ChildItem | Where-Object {($_.PSIsContainer -eq $false) -and (($now - $_.LastWriteTime).Days -ge 30)} | Remove-Item How can I modify the existing script to include subfolders as well as files? This is a slightly different approach but should do th...

Macro warning
My xls file had macros. So when I opened it, I got the standard warning about if I wanted to enable or disable its macros when opening it. I removed all the macros and closed up. But I still get that warning whenever I open the file. Is there another step to clean this up? 1) Ensure you have deleted the modules 2) Check that there is nothing in ThisWorkbook or any of the sheet-specific modules. Even blank lines can make this message come up. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"...

Meetings are been removed from calender!!
If I create a normal appoitment in Outlook and send it everything works as expected. However when I go back into that appoitment and click Track in CRM, and include a regarding, and then save it, the follwoing happens: when synchronisation occurs, the appoitment is removed from my calender! But if I click Send update then it stays. Why?? We have seen this problem. It seems to be related to CRM not being able to handle appointments with multiple attendees when it first updates CRM and if you open up the appointment in CRM it shows an error message saying resource information missing. W...

remove or hide blank rows
Hello, I have a problem with excel, i have one sheet with a lot of information of project that are plannend for a prefered month. I want to make a list on a other sheet for each month. I want to use the name of the month to generate this sheet. How do i leave the blank rows(because there for a other month) out of this list? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Erik, Try using Data | Filter | Autofilter to hide all non-related information prior to copying and pasting into the other sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Erik Beijlen via OfficeKB.com" <forum...

Move or remove Outlook toolbar
I cannot move nor remove the CRM toolbar in Outlook. Other add-in toolbars can be moved and the new position is retained when you exit and open Outlook. Microsoft CRM toolbar cannot be moved or removed. This is a huge annoyance to users who keep accidentally pressing the "Track in CRM" button instead of send. Then their email is tracked and is seems there is no way to "un track" the email. Moving the toolbar may solve the problem but for some reason we can't permanently move it. It always goes back to its position directly under the Send button in Outlook. -----...

Removing non-alpha numeric characters
I have a large list of part numbers containing different types of non-alpha numeric characters (/'s, -'s, :'s, etc). Is there any way to remove these and come up with just a "normalized" part number containing letters and numbers only ? I have seen some utilities for sale that will do this, but thought there might be a way to do it directly in Excel. Hi if you only have a small set of characters within your part number try =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),"/",""),":","") -- Regards Frank Ka...

Removed viso 2010 Beta
HI, I've porbably done somehting stupid and can't find it on the support board. I am successfully running Office 2007, and a few weeks ago added Visio 2010 Beta - all worked well, HOwveer I recently noticed that a specific applacition that uses the Offcie PIA, Mindjet's mindmanager stopped syncing Outlook tasks etc with outlook. Mindjet support stated: 'Microsoft does not support a mixed Office environment. When you installed the Visio 2010 beta, it likely installed Office 2010 Primary Interop Assemblies. These are the hooks from Microsoft that allow our ...

How to check Removed Attachments?
I have a user who has a problem with sending emails with an attachment to one specific recipient. I have an Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is no restriction sending emails (include no limit for attachments as we are getting and sending huge attachments). But, there is a limit for the mailbox size, and she didn’t get the limit. After she sent an email with an attachment, she got a call from the recipient saying that they didn’t get the attachment while other recipients got the attachments. So, she forwarded the email to her manager and he sent the email with the attachments to the...

Looking for a macro to remove Line Feeds and Carriage Returns
Greetings Excel masters, I'm attempting to come up with a macro, or some other automated way, that will allow me to strip out CR and LF in my Excel files. I'm converting these to CSV files, and the system that imports them has a fit with CR/LFs that are imbedded, making them into new lines. In searching the net, I've found a few macros, but none of them have been the holy grail solution I am looking for. I've listed them below. The first one looks great in its simplicity, but it often fails to operate. Not sure if there is some criteria I'm missing (ma...

Problems finding "Remove Office v. X Test Drive"
Hi, I've got a new iBook and I want to re-install Office :Mac from the software CD I purchased in 2003. Much to my dismay, when I installed from the CD, I got a message saying I had the test drive version, which was good for 30 days. So I went to the Mactopia Web site, where I found the special bulletin about how to remove the Office v. X Test Drive. The bulletin says (Step #3), "In the Finder, click Applications, double-click the Microsoft Office X folder, and then double-click the Remove Test Drive icon. Click Remove." I've also looked at e-mails on the Usenet site but I...

Copy range if column N is empty
Hi all I have looked through the forums but can't find what i need. In each row that column N (Sheet name is Sales) is empty I want to copy columns A:T to another worksheet (Sheet Name is Carryovers) starting at A2 Hope this is clear enough many thanks in advance Alan ajm1949 This might work Sub terrain() Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet Dim lr1 As Long, lr2 As Long, rng As Range Set sh1 = Sheets("Sales") Set sh2 = Sheets("Carryovers") lr = sh1.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row Set rng = sh1.Range("N1:N"...