Recovery Console 03-04-10

I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in
msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini disappeared.
As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two
folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task.  However, I
am unable to get rid of cmdcons.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

JB

0
JB

Please, ignore. I found solution.  Thank you

"JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem
>I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in
>msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini
>disappeared.
> As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two
> folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task.  However, I
> am unable to get rid of cmdcons.  Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> JB

0
JB

deleted emails 03-10-10
how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? sort the deleted items folder on FROM address "blmc" wrote: > how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? ...

List output to a x by 10 range
I have a list that x lines long. I want to transpose that list to another range (starting on cell M1) that is 10 columns wide and however many rows long. I know this is super simple. Does it have something to do with range resizing? No doubt you've already experimented with macro recorder, discovering the standard transpose command wont wrap within a range. So we need handle the transposition manually. Presuming your data begins in cell A2: Sub test() For Each c In Range("A2", "A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row) Row = Row + 1 ...

Work Hours 10-25-06
Hi there, I want to change the default work hours setting for users of the system. At the moment they are set to work all day everyday of the week. Realistically I want this to be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Is there any way I can change this using customization and have it apply to all users? Pergaps it is a system setting I can change rather than customize? Many thanks, Mark Mark, Go to Settings | Business Unit Settings | User and select a user (can also go Service calander and then select the user from there as well) Then view the Work Hours, and select Set Up | New Weekly S...

Outlook 03 & eathlink problem
I had a problem getting the e-mail set up for wife using MSW XP office outlook 03 and earthlink.net. I got assistance from earthlink and we kept getting the following message when we try to send a message. ! Task'pop.earthlink.net-sending report error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found. are you using a firewall or have antivirus email scanning enabled? is there an exchange account in the profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

IE8 text size 01-25-10
The situation described occurs in IE8 on both Vista home premium and Windows 7 professional. Using the page options, I set the text size to smaller. It will remain that way for a while but within hours or sometimes a day the text size reverts to medium. Any suggestions Lou ...

Can't send or receive 07-27-10
I set up Windows Mail to my gmail account. I've double checked the settings, and they are correct. I got the following message when I tried to send an e-mail: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address ...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

Filter #10
Hi We have the following code that filters a range in database(no problem) this code is looking at column A which is a week number(11) what we now need to do is extend this code to filter two ranges the second range is column H and is days of the week(Monday) Is it possible to expand this code to do this? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row = 2 And Target.Column = 3 Then Sheets("data2").Range("Criteria").Calculate Worksheets("data2").Range("Database") _ .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=She...

Outlook security #10
Hi, I have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2000. When sending emails from a different program, I can set Outlook security to bypass further warnings for up to 10 minutes. A customer, also with Outlook 2003, but updated from 2002, has to respond to every email with a 5 second pause. My questions: Why the different behaviour? How do I change the latter behaviour to the former? Thanks Thomas Hi Thomas, The security settings for Outlook 2003 can be found using the Tools->Options->Security Tab and security zone settings button. It works exactly the same way Internet ...

Office 2010 Beta 02-24-10
I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs show up. Is there a way aroung this? Microsoft Office Diagnostics perhaps, Or select Browse and look for the exe file. thom kamp wrote: > I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to > open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs > show up. Is there a way aroung this? ...

Business Portal 4.0 & GP 10.0 Smartlist
Hi, Is there a way to use our GP 10 smartlists in the query sections of Business Portal 4.0 ? I've look at the Business Portal query builder and I don't think you can use SQL (in this case I could have extract Smartlists SQL). You have to used predefined entities. Maybe I get it wrong ? Thanks in advance for any help ! Richard, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. You need an entity for querying in Business Portal. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

integration manager 10.0-SQL Data Source
We are trying to run an integration by using a link to the GP tables. One of our data sources is using the SQL Server as the data source. We can query the data source and return all rows in the integration. However, when we run the integration we receive the error: An error handler was not found for: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. We are on the latest service pack too. Are you using any field script or event script in IM? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogst...

windows media player 02-07-10
when trying to play a dvd this message appears. windows media player cannot dvd video. I have installed decoders. How can i get it to play my dvds On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:29:01 -0800, lmorris <lmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when trying to play a dvd this message appears. >windows media player cannot dvd video. >I have installed decoders. >How can i get it to play my dvds Do you have suitable DVD decoders ? Only a subset are media center compatible (the feature you need to look out for) DecCheck for XP, and the Vista VMCD utility can help here : ...

GP database recovery mode
Hi, It appears that database created by GP appears to be in 'Simple' recovery mode. Is this by design? It prevents backing up transaction logs. For the time being, I’ve disabled the job that (attempts) to do a transaction log backup, and set the full backup job to occur every 4 hrs. Is there any way I can backup the transaction logs too. Thanks, Sri Sri, GP databases are created using the Simple Recovery Model by default, not by design. Which means that you can always go back to SQL Server Management Studio and change the database recovery model to Full Recovery Model. Once...

How to create Office Sta 03 from a picture? #2
Just posting one help question, here's the second: Again regarding Creating Stationary for Outlook?! Again, reminding those I'm no "geek" in any respect, wishing one day I was, but it "ain't happened yet"! I depend & reply on those with the knowledge - so someone - please help! ONE TIME I was successful in taking an image, inserting into PAINT, fix'g the way I wanted it to show itself, saving same as an image, with the apparent default being Bitmap, wanting to save as another type - mainly that of Internet Explorer! HOW do I do it? As shared, ...

PRODUCT KEY 04-05-10
I've just purchased this hp and the cd that was provided to me with the product key sticker on front does not work. I was under the impression that there would be some type of trial period that would allow me to use the product to determine if I want it or not. I am unable to open any documents in word on my cpu because this software has somehow locked me out of my papers for school. I can't edit copy or even view the docs w/o the product key. The product key provided is 7X4P3 Q24MX KHRKH R6CX2 G76Y4 it clearly doesn't work rather it is in lower case or upper case for...

Multiple Commas 02-11-10
Some people decided to play a cruel joke and pulled two commas into a name field and i need to split the name into a first and last name column. Normally i could do this but the second comma is throwing me off. It looks like this: last name,first name, Ive tried doing a replace on the last comma but its not working. Does anyone know any tricks on how to either get rid of that second comma or split the field into two seperate columns as it is? Thanks for any help. dim aName() as string dim strName as string dim strLastName as string dim strFirstName as string ' just ...

Can't receive mail 07-29-10
I have problems receiving mail. I've worked through the trouble shooting guidelines and nothing works. I get a Windows Security box requesting user name and password but entering the details doesn't fix the problem The strange thing is that sometimes after I have gone in and reentered details in the Accounts Properties - Server tab it will down load them BUT NOT EVERY TIME. The Error message below is the most common one that I get. Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-05-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:15:20 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:26:44 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:03:30 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 606 Total No. of Characters...: 1707259 Total Volume..............: 1667 Messages Per Day..........: 86.6 Characters Per Day........: 243894.1 Average Daily Volume......: 238 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

ffffff 03-14-08

What is the next step after mailbox mig 03 to 03 different domains
Running 03srv and Exc03 in both domains and I am not sure what needs to be done in source domain after the mailbox move to the target. ...

How to create and delete recovery points for DPM via PowerShell
Knowing how to manipulate DPM by way of PowerShell can come in handy in many situations. For example, I had a case to where I was troubleshooting the DPM console that was crashing and there was a concern as to whether or not recovery points where being made for specific protection groups. Using the PowerShell command we could not only verify this, but we could create a recovery point to any protection group we wished. Another example would be if you wanted to delete some recovery points to reclaim some disk space. Recovery points cannot be deleted by the GUI so you have to use P...

Money 04 Password Problems
Have been using an older version of money for four years and recently upgraded to the 2004 version. I restored my files and my accounts look good. I attempted to go online with the bank and got errors indicating I had used an incorrect PIN. I contacted the bank and got a new PIN number,(took a week). I tried the new PIN today and got a message back in money saying I used the wrong PIN. I contacted the bank and they looked at the transaction and said that I used the right PIN and asked me to change it. They transfered my to Microsoft support and the lady I got could not understan...