Question about Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime

What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime?
Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications:  2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2;
and 3.5 SP1 ?

Thank you

"Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime?
> Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications:  2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2;
> and 3.5 SP1 ?
>
> Thank you

Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
--
SC Tom

0
SC
12/11/2009 12:40:10 PM

"SC Tom" wrote:

> "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime?
> > Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications:  2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2;
> > and 3.5 SP1 ?
> >
> > Thank you
>
> Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
> --
> SC Tom
>
> .

Google is not my friend - or else I would not have posted here!  Too much
information and most hits have to do with someone having trouble with the
application or trouble running other apps because of it.  Did not provide me
with a simple direct answer to a direct question.  Obviously, you like Google
because you seem to be afflicted with the same problem.  The last time I
checked, this is a Microsoft Discussion Forum where people ask all kinds of
questions about Microsoft products.  Why are you here if you are just going
to refer people to Google?

Would anyone else care to help me out here?  Thanks.

> "SC Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime?
>> > Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications:  2.0 SP2; 3.0
>> > SP2;
>> > and 3.5 SP1 ?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>>
>> Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it:
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>
>> .
>>

> Google is not my friend - or else I would not have posted here!  Too much
> information and most hits have to do with someone having trouble with the
> application or trouble running other apps because of it.  Did not provide
> me
> with a simple direct answer to a direct question.  Obviously, you like
> Google
> because you seem to be afflicted with the same problem.  The last time I
> checked, this is a Microsoft Discussion Forum where people ask all kinds
> of
> questions about Microsoft products.  Why are you here if you are just
> going
> to refer people to Google?
>
> Would anyone else care to help me out here?  Thanks.

Actually, this is an XP newsgroup, hence the title
microsoft.public.WINDOWSXP.general. If you don't know what you're looking
for, why are you here? Did you check any of the dotnet newsgroups for an
answer?
Maybe this link will give you a more direct answer:
http://microsoft-wse-runtime.software.informer.com/3.0/
If not, oh well.
--
SC Tom

0
SC
12/11/2009 7:41:13 PM

"SC Tom" wrote:

> "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "SC Tom" wrote:
> >

> >> "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it:
> >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
> >> --
> >> SC Tom
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> > Google is not my friend - or else I would not have posted here!  Too much
> > information and most hits have to do with someone having trouble with the
> > application or trouble running other apps because of it.  Did not provide
> > me
> > with a simple direct answer to a direct question.  Obviously, you like
> > Google
> > because you seem to be afflicted with the same problem.  The last time I
> > checked, this is a Microsoft Discussion Forum where people ask all kinds
> > of
> > questions about Microsoft products.  Why are you here if you are just
> > going
> > to refer people to Google?
> >
> > Would anyone else care to help me out here?  Thanks.
>
> Actually, this is an XP newsgroup, hence the title
> microsoft.public.WINDOWSXP.general. If you don't know what you're looking
> for, why are you here? Did you check any of the dotnet newsgroups for an
> answer?
> Maybe this link will give you a more direct answer:
> http://microsoft-wse-runtime.software.informer.com/3.0/
> If not, oh well.
> --
> SC Tom
>
> .

Let me rephrase the 2nd part of my question:

The following .NET Framework Applications were downloaded to my computer as
part of routine Updates from Microsoft: .NET Framework 2.0 SP2;  3.0 SP2; and
3.5 SP1.

My question is:  Did any of the above .NET Framework updates install the WSE
3.0 Runtime at the same time; or must the WSE 3.0 Runtime be installed
separately?

I am asking because I tried to install a new software program from a CD
about two weeks ago; but the installation failed.

During installation, a message box indicated that it was installing or
updating NET Framework 2.0.  It was during this time that the computer froze
and I could not complete the installation.  The company who made the software
wrote in their Frequently Asked Questions that this was because WSE 3.0
Runtime was not installed.  So, it seems that there is some connection
between .NET Framework 2.0 and WSE 3.0.

However, I already had NET Frame 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 already downloaded and
installed at the time.

I since learned that the WSE 3.0 is obsolete.

I am trying to find out if the WSE 3.0 automatically downloaded along with
one of the above updates.

> "SC Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Google is not my friend - or else I would not have posted here!  Too
>> > much
>> > information and most hits have to do with someone having trouble with
>> > the
>> > application or trouble running other apps because of it.  Did not
>> > provide
>> > me
>> > with a simple direct answer to a direct question.  Obviously, you like
>> > Google
>> > because you seem to be afflicted with the same problem.  The last time
>> > checked, this is a Microsoft Discussion Forum where people ask all
>> > kinds
>> > of
>> > questions about Microsoft products.  Why are you here if you are just
>> > going
>> > to refer people to Google?
>> >
>> > Would anyone else care to help me out here?  Thanks.
>>
>> Actually, this is an XP newsgroup, hence the title
>> microsoft.public.WINDOWSXP.general. If you don't know what you're looking
>> for, why are you here? Did you check any of the dotnet newsgroups for an
>> answer?
>> Maybe this link will give you a more direct answer:
>> http://microsoft-wse-runtime.software.informer.com/3.0/
>> If not, oh well.
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>
>> .
>>

> Let me rephrase the 2nd part of my question:
>
> The following .NET Framework Applications were downloaded to my computer
> as
> part of routine Updates from Microsoft: .NET Framework 2.0 SP2;  3.0 SP2;
> and
> 3.5 SP1.
>
> My question is:  Did any of the above .NET Framework updates install the
> WSE
> 3.0 Runtime at the same time; or must the WSE 3.0 Runtime be installed
> separately?
>
> I am asking because I tried to install a new software program from a CD
> about two weeks ago; but the installation failed.
>
> During installation, a message box indicated that it was installing or
> updating NET Framework 2.0.  It was during this time that the computer
> froze
> and I could not complete the installation.  The company who made the
> software
> wrote in their Frequently Asked Questions that this was because WSE 3.0
> Runtime was not installed.  So, it seems that there is some connection
> between .NET Framework 2.0 and WSE 3.0.
>
> However, I already had NET Frame 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 already downloaded
> and
> installed at the time.
>
> I since learned that the WSE 3.0 is obsolete.
>
> I am trying to find out if the WSE 3.0 automatically downloaded along with
> one of the above updates.

According to this site
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en
these are the system requirements of installing WSE 3.0:

"Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Professional Edition ; Windows
2000 Server; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1;
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Standard
x64 Edition; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Home Edition ;
Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP
Service Pack 2
PC with Pentium 400 MHz or faster processor; Pentium 800 MHz or faster
recommended
96 MB of RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.x or 6.0 and
One of the following is required:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 2.0

Note: IIS is not required when using SOAP messages with the TCP protocol.
Note: WSE 3.0 is not supported if installed on a computer with a version of
the .NET Framework earlier than 2.0 or a version of Visual Studio earlier
than Visual Studio 2005. "

I would say that WSE needs to be installed separately, that the .net updates
didn't include it. But it also looks like it needs more than just .net. (I
love the "128MB or higher recommended.")

Did the software install at all, or did it quit and back itself out of the
installation? If it backed out, you might try downloading the runtime from
this site and installing it first, then retry your software.
--
SC Tom

0
SC
12/12/2009 12:24:15 AM

"SC Tom" wrote:

> [...]
> Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.x or 6.0 and
> One of the following is required:
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
> Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 2.0
>
> Note: IIS is not required when using SOAP messages with the TCP protocol.
> Note: WSE 3.0 is not supported if installed on a computer with a version of
> the .NET Framework earlier than 2.0 or a version of Visual Studio earlier
> than Visual Studio 2005. "
>
> I would say that WSE needs to be installed separately, that the .net updates
> didn't include it. But it also looks like it needs more than just .net. (I
> love the "128MB or higher recommended.")
>
> Did the software install at all, or did it quit and back itself out of the
> installation? If it backed out, you might try downloading the runtime from
> this site and installing it first, then retry your software.

Thanks.   Sorry it took awhile to reply.

All my system requirements meet or exceed the above criteria.

The software did not install.  It did not back out either.

A message box appeared early in the installation.  It said about installing
or checking .NET Framework 2.0.  Nothing about WSE 3.0.  The computer totally
froze during this time. Never responded to any input. I had to do a hard shut
down.

I checked my programs and .NET Framework 2.0 was there.  I then checked the
software manufacturer's Support website.  It said, if the software crashes,
to verify if WSE 3.0 Runtime is installed by checking Microsoft.com and
verifying that I have the current version of .NET Framework (this answer was
posted Sept 2009).  My updates include .NET Framework Framework 2.0 SP2;  3.0
SP2; and, 3.5 SP1.

> [...]
>
> A message box appeared early in the installation.  It said about
> installing
> or checking .NET Framework 2.0.  Nothing about WSE 3.0.  The computer
> totally
> froze during this time. Never responded to any input. I had to do a hard
> shut
> down.
>
> I checked my programs and .NET Framework 2.0 was there.  I then checked
> the
> software manufacturer's Support website.  It said, if the software
> crashes,
> to verify if WSE 3.0 Runtime is installed by checking Microsoft.com and
> verifying that I have the current version of .NET Framework (this answer
> was
> posted Sept 2009).  My updates include .NET Framework Framework 2.0 SP2;

One thing you might try is this:
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

It doesn't mention WSE, but I found that it lists numerous programs other
than just Office products. Be sure to read the warnings associated- it can
screw things up if used improperly (as can most things, I guess).
--
SC Tom

0
SC

building form @ runtime vs. hiding existing controls
I'm trying to decide just how bad runtime design is. Most opinions seem to steer clear of adding controls, events, etc at runtime. Instead, y'all advocate keeping controls on the form and hiding them as necessary. In my application (which will not be an MDE) , each user session builds a new form - from scratch. Once the form is built, there are no design changes. And when the user is done the form object is deleted. Troubleshooting may be more difficult with a form that only exists at runtime. OTOH, documenting and tracking unused controls (or not having enough controls, ...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

AD/Network design question
Hello all I have a 2 sites which users come and go from. These sites have 2 different network ip domains (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x). Users need to be authenticated using the same user id and password at both sites. DC/GC is at 192.168.1.x and is a SBS 2003. Server at 192.168.2.x is Server 2003. When the server at 192.168.2.x is connected via vpn to 192.168.1.x all is well. How do I get the server at 192.168.2.x to act as a AD/DC when it’s not connected to 192.168.1.x ? Thank you Hal I think you will run here into the limitations of SBS :-( @ SBS experts : ...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Custom CRect Question
I have a custom rectangle class that inherits from CRect: class CCustomRect : public CRect { private: CPoint m_maxPt; COLORREF m_color; TCHAR text[50]; public: CCustomRect(RECT* source, CPoint pt, COLORREF rgb); RECT* RectBase(); void Update(RECT* r); } Inheritance has worked well until I found myself needing to create the RectBase function (above) to return the rectangle dimensions. CRect does not seem to have any methods that can be called to return the base class's RECT value. I could take CRect::Size and construct a rectangle to return, but this seems a bit much. My...

Microsoft Update 'left behinds'
Every time I download and install the latest Microsoft Update 'fixes' to XP-Pro, the file space taken up by XP-Pro grows and grows. While this will be an elementary question to many, is some of this XP-Pro file space 'growth' being caused by stuff that the 'fixes' leave behind and files that XP-Pro no longer needs? If so, can these 'left behind' files be gotten rid of so as to reclaim some HD space? Are there any pros and cons to deleting these 'left behind' files? Assuming that these 'left behind' files can be deleted, what i...

VS 2005 beta question
All, I need to complie some code. I am going from 16bit to 64 bit. The job do not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net. If I compile the code with the beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me? Thanks in advance The code won't, but eventually the compiler will stop working. Don't know if the trial will support 64 bit though. I guess you get what you pay for. Tom "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:%23OyZFNUFGHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I need to complie some cod...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Frequency #3
I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the y-axis? Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard deviation units along the x-axis? Thanks for your help. wrace. Wrace - You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't know how extensively you will need to adjust your data. To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this web pa...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

multiple disclaimers with microsoft antigen 9

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Could Microsoft stop being disruptive?
I find that Microsoft has slowly become a monster doctor who has very noble intentions of protecting his patient from all the infections around and keeps pushing needles and pills into his patient to ward off all the evils. After installing SP3, at the time of several shut-down occasions, I have seen XP asking me not to shut down the computer since XP was installing no 1 of some 25 upgrades and advising me that the computer will shut down by itself. It never asked me if I wanted any of those upgrades to be installed. I prefer a doctor who tells me how a particular infection ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

A question about CToolTipCtrl.
Hi All: Chinese English following! I add a CToolTipCtrl member in my dialog, and create it in OnInitDialog function, at last, I add a CEdit control to CToolTipCtrl member.When the CEdit control is enabled, tool tip can pop up normally, but when the CEdit control is disabled, tool tip can't pop up. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Fiveight Take a look at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309050&highlight=CToolTipCtrl+disable -- If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? Regards, Goldbach "fiveight" wrot...