Open with list

I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not
have iTunes.    No big deal, I could select iTunes from my
Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to
that list?
0
Howard

Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net>
wrote:

>I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not
>have iTunes.    No big deal, I could select iTunes from my
>Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to
>that list?
0
Alan

Compare two file/colunms, hide row not does not equal list.
Excel 2000 -have two files. File "A" has 1 through 4155 records (rows with three columns) in numerical order. File "B", has a list of almost 200 rows/numbers (one column) from file "A". How can I hide the rows in file "A", not are listed in file "B"? Thanks, Jerry Not sure whether you are still monitoring this post, Jerry. Anyway, here's some thoughts ventured .. Conceptually, you should be able to achieve this via setting up a helper col and then autofiltering on the helper. Let's start by simplifying the scenario by having bo...

Virtual list ctrl and LVIF_PARAM
Hi, This is from MSDN documentation on virtual list control. "...Virtual list controls maintains very little item information. Except for the item selection and focus information, all item information is managed by the owner of the control. Information is requested by the framework via a LVN_GETDISPINFO notification message..." "...In the handler for the LVN_GETDISPINFO notification message, you must check to see what type of information is being requested. The possible values are: ... - LVIF_PARAM The lParam member must be filled in. ... You should then supply whatever...

Can't Open Recurring Appointment
I have a weekly recurring appointment that won't open. The MS Outlook error message says: "Can't open this item. You must enter a positive duration." What is this and how do I rectify it if I can't open the event? Thanks. ...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

Can't open Outlook #9
For the last week every time I've tried to launch Outlook I get the message that program file addin "msspc.ecf" could not be installed...There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. I contacted Microsoft and the fixes sent to me didn't work. They included replacing the damaged extension, removing registry entries, and refreshing the extend.dat file. I also removed and reinstalled Outlook. Gosh I hope someone has figured this one out. I really need to get Outlook back. Mabe ...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Outlook 2010 opens with calender
First started in Outlook 2007, I uninstalled 2007, but setting still transferred to 2010. I cannot find in either program, how to switch the default opening back to e-mail -- Art outlook 2007 and older: tools, options, other tab, advanced button - very top option. outlook 2010: file, options, advanced - second option down. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Known Email Address in distribution list bounces back
Hi, I've got an address that is an external contact in Exchange as a member of a distribution group. The email address is definately a good one as single emails to that address get through ok, but anything sent to the distribution list gives the sender a bounceback from the contact's address. Anyone got any ideas? Many thanks Rich =?Utf-8?B?TWNEaXRjaA==?= <McDitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:FE088019-435A-4864-8607-4F3BD4812A16@microsoft.com: > I've got an address that is an external contact in Exchange as a > member of a distribution group. The e...

Pulling data from individual files to master list
Hello, I've just been entering the world of Excel for the past few months, as I started a new job last year and my main duty is to bring the company into the 21st century (or even the late 20th, at this point). What I'd like to do sounds a little backwards, but I think it's the way to go, if it's possible: I'm creating individual sheets for our products, so that all the relevant info for, say, product A001 is shown on one sheet named "A001.xls". But I would also like to create a "master" list. I say "master" in quotes because it's not r...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

File not opening #2
I've got the same problem that I've been reading here and on the ExcelTips website. When I try to open 2 of the spreadsheets on my system, I get a " 'C:\Documents and Settings\........\spreadsheet.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and ..... (you know the rest)" I have tried the: excel /unregserver excel /regserver I have tried the: uncheck the ignore other applications I have tried the: regedit - remove dups (there were none) The directory with this spreadsheet (on my PC) is shared with 2 other computers (separate network - ...

Outlook won't open #13
Hi I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registry key or profile file. Any ideas? Dave Logan wrote: > Hi > > I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It > displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just > hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and > Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registr...

Distribution List error #2
I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server. When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we get an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL. I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as this. Thanks again, Mark Semans 180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did you try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that particular object? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -------------------------...

How to create my own generic list?
I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers are all at a seminar this week. How do I create my own "generic list" that implements all the features of the .net generic list<string> plus a method to fill itself from strings in an external file. Is there a simple template somewhere I could start with? Do I just inherit from generic list and add my method? thanks, LJB "LJB" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:O%23EBRGuuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers a...

Canadian CRM Discussion List
Hi all: If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I would like to get some discussion groups going. Thanks. John. John Feel free to ask any crm questions here as we have an international audience "John Straumann" <jstraumann@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:eMioB96qDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all: > > If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I > would like to get some discussion groups going. > > Thanks. > > John. > > ...

Go to specific line in numbered list?
Hey all, I have a question that will hopefully save me a lot of time! I'm working on my dissertation, and my data (transcription of speech) is formatted in a very long numbered list. The thing is that there are often more than one actual lines per list item, like so: 1) ____________________________________ _______________________________________ ____________ 2) ____________________________________ ______________________________________ etc. What I have been trying to figure out is a way to jump to a specific *list number*, rather than actual line number. I have a lis...

CRM
Hi, I've got a problem to import data into drop down list (CRM). I alreday try cdf tools. But, when I execute the "p_cdf_PopulateStringMap" nothing happens! The cdf_StringMap is not completed... Help! someone has an idea to resolve my problem ? thanks regards, When you have installed the Data Migration Framework, you have also got 2 executables. You can (probably) find them in this folders: c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdf c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdfmigration one of the tools is called initializecdf.exe. Run this tool and...

Error opening subform/form
When i use an access database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are loaded before the main form as it should be. When i use an sql server database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are NOT loaded before the main form. Can anyone please help me? Laura Laura, you cannot alter the way Access fires its events, so you will need to learn to work with it. Typcially when Access opens a form, it fires the subform's Open event before the main form's. But that does not mean it loads the *records* of the subform before the ...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

Outlook 2007 won't open at all
Outlook 2007 won't open when I click on the icon. Can you help? -- Have a good day! What happens when you try? Can you start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch? See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/tsol.htm#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "godprayer" <godprayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6FDCF35-6F46-484F-842E-E922A140...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Extract list using functions
Hi, can anyone help with the following: I want to extract items in a list and show them in another worksheet. An example of the master list would be: Name Dollars Quantity Months Customer1 $ Q 12 Customer2 $ Q 12 Customer3 $ Q 6 I want to be able to extract all those customers which have less than 12months data (as indicated in the month column). I want to be able to do this using functions in another worksheet and list those seperately there. Is there a way to do this? Elijah Hi y...

Automatically populating distribution lists in a public contact folder
We have a custom application which we wrote to add contacts in a public contact folder and to create and populate distribution lists in the same folder. One one machine, everything works fine, but on another machine, the distribution lists do not always get populated. Our application does not indicate any sort of error. We are using the outlook application automation object to create these items. We have been unable to determine why it works on one or two machines, but only sometimes on others. All machines are using Outlook 2003 SP1. ...

Subform opens before main form
Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the sub-form when it opens? JimP wrote: >Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? > >Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the >sub-form when it opens? No. The usual way to do something like that is for the subform to pull the value from the main form in the subform's Open or Load event. Use the Load event is you want are assigning variable to a control's Value. Since the main...

Opening a dialog in a more helpful position
I have the following line in a button event on FormA: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormB", WindowMode:=acDialog This opens FormB in the EXTREME upper left of the Access window, where the user will probably miss it. Is there a way to make FormB open in the middle of FormA? Thanks, Tom If you open the form in Design View, and go to properties, on the Format tab, there is an option to "Auto Center". Set that to yes and the form will automatically open to the middle of your screen. ...