Offline Folders: Added Sub-folders are not made off-line

I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date
on my laptop.

I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I
add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline.
 However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its
contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent
folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it).

Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Is there a fix?

As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new
subfolders have been added that are not available offline and make them so.

On this theme, if there is no way to automatically ensure the subfolders are
available offline, is there a smart way to search for subfolders (within a
particular parent folder) that are not available offline?

Thanks

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date
> on my laptop.
>
> I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I
> add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline.
>  However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its
> contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent
> folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it).
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Is there a fix?
>
> As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new
> subfolders have been added that are not available offline and make them so.
>
> On this theme, if there is no way to automatically ensure the subfolders are
> available offline, is there a smart way to search for subfolders (within a
> particular parent folder) that are not available offline?
>
> Thanks

1. That's by design:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778661%28WS.10%29.aspx?ppud=4

Citation:

"All files and programs that users open from the share will be
automatically available offline (previously called Automatic Caching for
Documents and Automatic Caching for Programs). Selecting this option
makes every file that someone opens from your shared folder available
offline. However, only those files that have been opened are available
offline."

2. Maybe a policy helps:

Bernd
0
Bernd

Exchange SSL Error
When attempting to view properties on public folders I get the following err: Exchange System Manager The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I've looked at article Q324345 and made the suggested changes but the error message still comes back. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks Peter ...

Username/Domain/Password prompt appearing when attempting to download Offline Address Book (Outlook 2000) #2
Evening all! Hope someone can help me with this, before I lose ALL my hair! :o) We've got multiple Outlook 2000 users who connect an exchange server, but they an "Enter Password" box appears, prompting for a Username, Domain & Password. The box is blank & no matter what u enter it just re-appears, until they press the ESC key once. The box'll then disappear & Outlook closes OK...but I don't think the Offline address book is updating. 20% of the time, the box doesn't appear when closing Outlook, it's just the other 80%! :( They get this whether they...

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

Lost folders in hotmail after using Outlook Connector
I downloaded outlook connector and all of my hotmail items transferred to my outlook fine. However, I just noticed that all of my folders from hotmail were also synched to outlook, and have disappeared from hotmail. I still have the emails in my outlook (2007), however I really need to synch the emails back into my hotmail account - as there are folders on there that I cannot lose so that's why I stick with hotmail - to have web-based storage for these emails should something ever happen to my laptop. How can I get these folders to appear back into my hotmail account? I p...

Select reciptients default folder.
In Outlook express 6 if I click "Create Mail" I get the New message box if I then click the "To:" tab it opens the Select Recipients box. I have a number of folder in my address book but the select recipients box always defaults to my contacts. Can I set it so that it always defaults to my folder called Work as this is the one I use the most. Thanks. Steve <swise@autogas.co.uk> wrote: > In Outlook express 6 if I click "Create Mail" I get the New message > box if I then click the "To:" tab it opens the Select Recipients box. > >...

Can't delete a public folder
I have a particular public folder I can't delete. If I try from the Exchange System Manager mmc snap-in, I get prompted for my username and password (the dialog box is named "Enter Network Password"). No matter what username and password I enter, with or without the domain name, I just re-prompted. If I hit "Cancel", I get an error message Access Denied Facility: Win32 ID No: 80070005 Exchange System Manager If I try to delete it from within Outlook, I get the message "Unable to delete this folder". I've tried it from two different account, both of ...

duplicate folders in Outlook 2003
I have looked everywhere for an answer to this... I have been upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 when I do this I have a duplicate Junk email folder that I cannot get rid of ... Please help Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 Also, if you post the procedure you're using to upgrade these clients to Outlook 2003, someone may be able to help you figure out why the extra Junk folder is being created in the first place. -- Jocelyn Fiorello ...

Adding text to a vlookup cell
Can a cell be edited if the contents are the result of a vlookup function and still keep the rseults? I have 2003 on an XP Pro PC. My formula is =IF(A4<>"",VLOOKUP(A4,InvDetail!$A$2:$B$3000,2,FALSE),"") I trying to create an availability list for our customers but need to add comments to the end of some items. I know I can add another column but the customers are used to the comment being after the item description and space on the page is limited. Thanks, Lee Coleman If you're talking about entering comments manually, then you'd need to concatenate th...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?
Hi All, Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server. I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see "Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". Is this by design? Has it always be...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

Personal Folder-Outlook 2003
All of the sudden I have about 100 personal folders that are all the same & I can't delete any of them. Bummer - please read the link in my signature. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, blorenz asked: | All of the sudden I have about 100 personal folders that are all the | same & I can't delete any of them. ...

Default folder
How do I get Excel to go to my Excel files folder and not to "My Documents?". Click Tools > Options > General tab Define the path to the folder as desired in the box for "Default file location" Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Sam" wrote: >How do I get Excel to go to my Excel files folder and not >to "My Documents?". Change: Tools|Options|General tab|Default file location to what you want your default folder to be. Sam wrote: > > How do I get ...

User Manager -> Adding Users
Has anyone else seen the case where each Active Directory user is listed twice in the Import Users Wizard in the Deployment manager? Rick. ...

External Mail to Public Folders
Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create Items, but it's not working. Thanks for help! Tim Tim wrote: > Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security > settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go > to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create > Items, but it's not working. > Thanks for help! > Tim Anonymo...

empty items in deleted items folder
Multiple items appear in Outlook Deleted items folder, no sender, receiver, or message. Some happen when I am not on my computer. Changed passwords, checked virus scan (multiple). Tried Microsoft reinstall fix, problem still exists. What version of Outlook are you using? What anti-virus software are you using? Are you using the Hotmail connector? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Ra...

How do I set up a line

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

Offline Profile
2 questions, 1 When a user is offline and emails are created they go to outbox. when hitting send/recieve the outbox items don't go. When the user is online the outbox items don't appear, go back to offline the items are in the outbox and won't go.?? 2. While users have offline folders setup and there connected to network the have to hit send/recieve to get there email, there not delivered as they come in. Go to anyother folder then jump back to inbox and new emails appear, refresh is setup as default to 5 min. this is Outlook 2002 sp2 any help would be great. Thanks in...

Scaling the x-axis on a line chart
I am having trouble scaling the x-axis so that the intervals are equal. The source data is not in equal intervals, it goes 0.0,0.2,0.4,0.45,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9 (I think). What can I do to make the interval on the graph 0.2? I'm using XP. Don't make a line chart. Make an XY chart, using the markers and lines option. Then you can double click the X axis and set any appropriate tick spacing. An XY chart treats X and Y as continuously varying numerical values. A line chart treats Y that way, but treats X as non-numerical text labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

Can't go offline
Dear All, When I want to go offline by using crm for outlook, this error message always raise up. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/offlineError.jpg Any body knows what it might be wrong? please help. PS. I am using crm 4.0 My user role is system administrator. thank you. regards, Dolfi ...