Office Newsgroup

I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared
how can I find it?
Sol

0
S1L1Y1

MS has disocontinued all of the NNTP newsgroups.

go to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

"S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
:I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared
: how can I find it?
: Sol
:
:

0
No
6/9/2010 5:58:24 PM
Thank You. Which means I won't be able to have in my Outlook Express?
Sol
"No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message
> MS has disocontinued all of the NNTP newsgroups.
>
> go to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>

> "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> :I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared
> : how can I find it?
> : Sol
> :
> :

0
S1L1Y1
6/9/2010 6:17:30 PM
The public.office.misc newsgroup is still alive but not on the MS Servers. You can
go to .aioe.org server and you will find it there along with all
microsoft.public.newsgroups that you were used to using

Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared how can I
>find it?
> Sol

0
Peter
6/9/2010 6:26:48 PM
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: The public.office.misc newsgroup is still alive but not on the MS Servers.
You can
: go to .aioe.org server and you will find it there along with all
: microsoft.public.newsgroups that you were used to using
:
: Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested
:
: --
: Peter

Of course, hardly anyone is posting anymore, so it's really becoming a moot
point no matter what nttp news servers are used.

0
No
6/9/2010 7:13:55 PM
Now how can I get it into my outlook folders?

> "Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : The public.office.misc newsgroup is still alive but not on the MS
> Servers.
> You can
> : go to .aioe.org server and you will find it there along with all
> : microsoft.public.newsgroups that you were used to using
> :
> : Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested
> :
> : --
> : Peter
>
> Of course, hardly anyone is posting anymore, so it's really becoming a
> moot
> point no matter what nttp news servers are used.

0
S1L1Y1
6/9/2010 8:00:57 PM
You can't, Outlook doesn't do newsgroups, Outlook Express does newsgroups.

S1L1Y1 wrote:
> Now how can I get it into my outlook folders?
> "No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>: The public.office.misc newsgroup is still alive but not on the MS
>>Servers.
>>You can
>>: go to .aioe.org server and you will find it there along with all
>>: microsoft.public.newsgroups that you were used to using
>>:
>>: Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested
>>:
>>: --
>>: Peter
>>
>>Of course, hardly anyone is posting anymore, so it's really becoming a
>>moot
>>point no matter what nttp news servers are used.

0
Bob
6/9/2010 8:05:00 PM
MS Office Support Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

Beginning in June 2010, Microsoft will begin closing newsgroups and
migrating users to Microsoft forums...
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

S1L1Y1 wrote:
> I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared
> how can I find it?
> Sol

0
PA
6/9/2010 11:31:11 PM
S1L1Y1 wrote:

> I had subscribed to an office misc. newsgroup but some how it disappeared
> how can I find it?

Connect to a different NNTP server.  Microsoft is dropping their
microsoft.public.* newsgroups and will eventually kill their NNTP
server.  So go connect somewhere else.  Microsoft is leaving Usenet.
Usenet is not disappearing because Microsoft left.  The
microsoft.public.* newsgroup will continue existing at other NSPs
(newsgroup service providers).

There are many free and paid NSPs, like Albasani, Eternal-September,
AIOE (very flaky), individual.net (cheap at $16USD/yr), and Giganews.
Your own ISP might provide their own NNTP server for newsgroups access
(alas, many ISPs have dropped newsgroups).  You can ask in the
alt.free.newsservers group on recommendations for a [free] NSP.
0
VanguardLH
6/10/2010 8:35:36 AM
That's what I meant Outlook Express.
> You can't, Outlook doesn't do newsgroups, Outlook Express does newsgroups.
>
> S1L1Y1 wrote:
>> Now how can I get it into my outlook folders?
>> "No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>: The public.office.misc newsgroup is still alive but not on the MS
>>>Servers.
>>>You can
>>>: go to .aioe.org server and you will find it there along with all
>>>: microsoft.public.newsgroups that you were used to using
>>>:
>>>: Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested
>>>:
>>>: --
>>>: Peter
>>>
>>>Of course, hardly anyone is posting anymore, so it's really becoming a
>>>moot
>>>point no matter what nttp news servers are used.

0
S1L1Y1
6/10/2010 2:06:34 PM
then as was said before.
"go to .aioe.org server"

S1L1Y1 wrote:

> That's what I meant Outlook Express.
> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>You can't, Outlook doesn't do newsgroups, Outlook Express does newsgroups.
>>
>>S1L1Y1 wrote:
>>
>>>Now how can I get it into my outlook folders?
>>>"No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message

0
Bob
6/10/2010 2:26:13 PM
How can you get what into your folders?

: That's what I meant Outlook Express.
: "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:%23V83L8ACLHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > You can't, Outlook doesn't do newsgroups, Outlook Express does
newsgroups.
: >
: > S1L1Y1 wrote:
: >> Now how can I get it into my outlook folders?
: >> "No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message
: >> news:huop6j$hfq$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: >>
: >>>:
: >>>: Otherwise to as (Txx) No Mo suggested
: >>>:
: >>>: --
: >>>: Peter
: >>>
: >>>Of course, hardly anyone is posting anymore, so it's really becoming a
: >>>moot
: >>>point no matter what nttp news servers are used.
: >>>
: >>>
: >>
: >>
: >>
: >
:
:

0
Bickford
6/10/2010 2:26:53 PM
[Come on, October 1st!]

Bickford Schmeckler wrote:
> How can you get what into your folders?
>
> "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> That's what I meant Outlook Express.
>> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> You can't, Outlook doesn't do newsgroups, Outlook Express does
>>> newsgroups.

0
PA

Out of Main Office: Outlook vs Outlook Express
Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. Outlook Express or Outlook? I'm using ISP pop and SMTP server while the HQ is using their exchange server using leased line, public IP. What about all the features in outlook compare to outlook express. A lot depends on version of Outlook and Exchange and what your connection is, other things to take into account is are you in a branch office or on the road. "tarmizi" <eahmad@time.net.my> wrote in message news:uPEIpwzSDHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. O...

Uninstall Office Products
For me to work at home at my old job I needed Office 97 Pro. Now I do not need it, but I can't uninstall it without recieving message asking me to insert installation disk 1. Anyone know how I can uninstall without the disks? You can't fully remove every piece of Office without the install CD, unless you kept the install files, which I'm not sure was an option in Excel 97. If you want to remove Office, first delete the program files folder for Office, typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office. Then, you'll probably want to remove some of the Office-related re...

Office 2008: Interface elements vanish if Leopard language is not
I have found a very disappointing bug in Leopard/Office 2008. If your interface language in Leopard is Russian (for example) - you have interface elements vanishing in Office 2008 which makes it unusable. In other words - if I open anything in Word and start to resize the document window - interface elements start to disappear. This happens only if specific languages of Mac OS interface are chosen, like Russian or Polish. However, if you set it to English or French or German - it works glitch-free fine. (What's that, some sophisticated ex-communist bloc ban??) Please suggest. Sup...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Microsoft NNTP newsgroups to be phased out
Regrettably, Microsoft announced today that they will begin phasing out these public support newsgroups. The announcement is here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx A more unbiased article here: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3D6097&tag=3Dnl.e539 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. Th...

Upgrading from office '03 student/teacher to office sm. bus. 2007
I'm having trouble with Outlook both before and after the upgrade. My machine is running XP Home edition. I started with the MS Office student/teacher edition. I purchased the small business 2007 upgrade. Outlook is locking up. I was having problems with it before the upgrade, hence the upgrade. Unfortunately I can't find my 2003 disk. I'm afraid if I remove all the office software and start over, the upgrade won't find anything to work from. Upgrading is the last thing you should do if your origonal has a problem. Whilst you can run Office Diagnostics, if you cann...

Want Just Outlook
I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I want an updated version of Outlook - at least 2003 - can I get just Outlook? And does Microsoft update that for free? See my reply to your above post. --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "ddlba" <ddlba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C6953D35-F8EE-4A87-847D-2BD5F2130367@microsoft.com... >I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I = want an=20 > updated ver...

Newsgroups...
Anyone know of a way to automate all newsgroups to delete any content more than a year old in E2K3? I'm thinking maybe sometime of mailbox manager policy but haven't figured it out. Dan On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:19:01 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anyone know of a way to automate all newsgroups to delete any content more >than a year old in E2K3? I'm thinking maybe sometime of mailbox manager >policy but haven't figured it out. >Dan Newsgroups? Well, they're in Public Folders so a mailbox manager won't deliver what you want. ...

Windows 7 Newsgroups
Hi: Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7 Newsgroups? Where is everyone going for public support for it? Thanks, ColTom2 "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:ONfQKFjZKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7 > Newsgroups? No (except for some guesses). > Where is everyone going for public support for it? There is a respective forum and I don't have the link for it, but it has been mentioned many times befor...

Office document icons are showing differently than they should
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Not exactly sure how to ask this.. I noticed that say a Word doc is saved either as a .doc or even a .docx, the icon that appears in my folder is just a plain white icon that says .doc or .docx. Where are the colored icons that shoud be represented (i.e. blue for Word, green for Excel, and orange for PowerPoint)? These colored icons appear within the Office applications themselves but not within the File Folders themselves. Is there a way to get Leopard to to use the stock Office Icons within the Folders View? Thanks i...

Out Of Office Assistant
I use Outlook 2007 - Does anyone know if the following Major shortcoming being addressed in Outlook 2010? I find it incredible that with so many versions of office having been released that the Out Of Office Assistant is not directly linked to the appointments in the Calendar and that you can't specify each seperate appointment with its own unique OOOA message and timing scheme. For example, If I have a meeting 10-11pm, I want to be able to configure OOOA for that meeting to come on 5 mins before the meeting starts, and specifiy the message that people will receive while it i...

Office 2004 corupt font issue
Hey folks, this is my first post and a last desperate attempt to get Office 2004 to work properly on my machine. I searched a bit to see if this issue has been addressed but couldn't find anything. First a little background: I have a 1.8ghz [dual processor] G5 running 10.4.3 and I have been running Office X without any issues. I bought Office 2004 Standard edition [upgrade] to keep everything current on my machine. I'm a freelance art director/graphic designer so keeping current usually makes my life easier. Currently I use Font Book as my font manager. This is my work machine, I don...

Outlook Crashes on opening in MS Office 2007 Beta
In downloaded Microsoft OPPLUS 2007 Beta a couple of months ago and everything was running smoothly until last week. All of a sudden Outlook started crashing every time I tried to open it. I got the usual ".....has encountered a problem and needs to close...." message. And of course, it doesn't tell you what is causing the problem...it just shuts down, asks me if I want to open it in safe mode. If I say no, it just repeats the same process. The only way I can open Outlook is to say 'yes' and open it in safe mode...which then loses all my settings. I made no chang...

Dual language option for Office 2004?
Probably a crazy request, but I have to support a well known Swedish Mac user who has a Swedish version of Office 2004. Being English I can't understand a word of it even with though it is installed under an English Mac OS/X. Is there an option to switch the menus to English or do I have to buy 2 international versions? Sorry, no. There is no way to switch the menus. On 1/25/06 8:01 AM, "enigmatic" wrote: > Probably a crazy request, but I have to support a well known Swedish > Mac user who has a Swedish version of Office 2004. Being English I > can't understand...

sumif problem Office 2007 and 2008
have a little spreadsheet that is like an invoice. number of hours times certain job at a certain rate... works well except in the bottom i want to have the certain jobs have a total of the hours It works well for all but one =SUMIF(F12:F45,"Rev Hour",E12:E45) It is driving me nuts can anyone help? Rev Hour is in a defined list on sheet. > =SUMIF(F12:F45,"Rev Hour",E12:E45) Your formula is looking for the text value "Rev Hour" in the range F12:F45. What does this mean: >Rev Hour is in a defined list on sheet. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "ni...

Office 2007
Hello, Our company has been using OWC components as front end to query SQL Server Analysis Services cubes. As there is no OWC in New 2007 office release I was wondering if it is possible to use full Excell that is customized to look like Pivot Table. We would build web page where excel spreadsheed would be embeded into page and default menus would be removed and just our custom menu would be available. Could you please confirm if this is possible to do? Any suggestions on how to start, what to read? I know that Microsoft wants users to use Excel services instead of owc, but we must (...

Out of Office (Auto Reply)
User's in my company are able to set up the out of office agent. Our company has two mail servers one is Exchange 2003 the other one is IPlanet(Unix). Now, when an Exchange user setup the Out of office agent the auto reply goes to only Exchange users and not the users on the other mail servers. When I look in Message Tracking Center I can see the emails where created and sent out but when the emails make it to the SMTP Store Driver the email never reach the other party on the Iplanet server. PLEASE HELP!!!! Out of Office Replies to the Internet (outside the Exchange organization) ...

Adding Clipart to Office 2004 for Mac Online via Microsoft Clip Art
I am a recent Switcher from PC ==> and am undergoing more than the expected transition pains... I am using Office 2004 for Mac on a Powerbook running Tiger. (All updates for both the OS and Office have been installed). I am attempting to insert clip art from within an Office application (such as Word or Excel). After doing Insert==>Picture==>Clipart, I click on "Online" to get more clips from the Microsoft Clip Art site. When I select a clip to download, and click "Open", the process appears to proceed okay. However, no clip ever appears in the Clip Gallery (I k...

Junk Mail
I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office replies NOT fire for junk mail? SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this is a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to different folders, it may require users to add mo...

Automator support in Office?
Has anyone heard if/when Microsoft will add Automator support to Office? TIA, Robert Floyd Durham, NC In article <BEA47FDA.879A%r.floyd3@verizon.net>, Robert Floyd <r.floyd3@verizon.net> wrote: > Has anyone heard if/when Microsoft will add Automator support to Office? Since Automator is completely external to applications, and since Office is almost entirely scriptable, MS doesn't have to add anything to Office to support Automator. I haven't any idea whether they'll develop a library of tasks, but I believe that anyone can create Automator tasks by buildin...

Out of Office applied per sender?
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to exclude a single sender from the Out of Office reply? I need to exclude a distribution list sender from my Out of Office reply. Please explain how to do this? Thanks Sharon In editing Rules, go to the Exceptions Page and choose the distribution list that you'd like to exclude from receiving the Out of Office reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me if it is possible to exclude a single sender from the Out >of Office reply? I need to exclude a distribution list sender from my Out of >Office reply. Please explain how ...

office can't launch
Helle there, I can't open one the office for mac appliactions. When I try to open excel I get this message: The application "Excel" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Microsoft Excel><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_OSServices><>" Or when I uninstall or re-install office I get the same kind of message: The application "Office Setup Assistant" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Office Setup Assistant><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_OSServices><>" I work on a Imac 20, 2,16 Ghz I...

Out of office Assistant #52
Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same sender more than once that they are out of office. It seems now that if you have out of office on and someone sends you an email and they get the out of office message, that they won't get another out of office message if they happened to send another email. Thanks. No. "grahamnh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2912901c46503$2eaa0c60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same > sender more than once that they are out of office. It > se...

[Fwd: Re: I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later]
FYI The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > > I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I > use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a > document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires > Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System > Pack.&...

MS Office problems with updating and saving files across the network.
Hi, We have a problem with one of our customers with MS Office(Excel). They have one particular Excel that is around 21MB+ in size that several users use and the problems are mainly experienced with this file, however other Excel & Word files also intermittantly experience the same problems. Normally one person does the updates and the others open the files to read information from them. The problems ARE intermittant 1) Although the file is being updated(saved), when another user opens the file the updates are not there. 2) Sometimes when the file is already open with full access and ...