oe6 Problem

Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6.  Anyone
know why?  When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG.  Am running WinXP
Home Edition  w/SP3.

0
bandi

"bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message
> Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6.
> Anyone know why?  When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG.  Am
> running WinXP Home Edition  w/SP3.

Outlook Express General newsgroup:

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7 [and/or
IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867

If still no joy:

Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]

If nothing happens when you click a link:
Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
Shortcut) and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path
iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

0
Bruce
5/24/2010 11:55:51 PM
Thanks, Bruce.  That fixed my problem.  Although the instructions you sent
were not too easy to follow.  Apparently they were for a different brand of
Windows.  Thanks again.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6. Anyone
>> know why?  When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG.  Am running WinXP
>> Home Edition  w/SP3.
>

> Outlook Express General newsgroup:
>
> In your newsreader:
>
> On the Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301
>
> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7 [and/or
> IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867
>
> If still no joy:
>
> Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]
>
> If nothing happens when you click a link:
> Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
> Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
> Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
> Shortcut) and select it.
> Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
> Select 'open'.
> Click Edit.
>
> "Application used to perform this action" should read:
>
> "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path
> iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)
>
> DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:
>
> #1:
> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
> IExplore
> #3 (blank)

> WWW_OpenURL
>
> URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.
>
> If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA

0
bandi
5/26/2010 3:12:46 AM
[X-post to OE General]

Huh?

bandi wrote:
> Thanks, Bruce.  That fixed my problem.  Although the instructions you sent
> were not too easy to follow.  Apparently they were for a different brand
> of
> Windows.  Thanks again.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6.
>>> Anyone
>>> know why?  When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG.  Am running WinXP
>>> Home Edition  w/SP3.
>>

>> Outlook Express General newsgroup:
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>>
>> On the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301
>>
>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7
>> [and/or
>> IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867
>>
>> If still no joy:
>>
>> Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]
>>
>> If nothing happens when you click a link:
>> Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
>> Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
>> Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
>> Shortcut) and select it.
>> Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
>> Select 'open'.
>> Click Edit.
>>
>> "Application used to perform this action" should read:
>>
>> "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path
>> iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)
>>
>> DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:
>>
>> #1:
>> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
>> IExplore
>> #3 (blank)

>> WWW_OpenURL
>>
>> URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.
>>
>> If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA

0
PA
5/26/2010 5:36:20 AM
There's only one 'brand' of Windows.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

> Thanks, Bruce.  That fixed my problem.  Although the instructions you
> sent were not too easy to follow.  Apparently they were for a different
> brand of Windows.  Thanks again.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6.
>>> Anyone know why?  When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG.  Am
>>> running WinXP Home Edition  w/SP3.
>>

>> Outlook Express General newsgroup:
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>>
>> On the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29
>> Apr-09)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301
>>
>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7
>> [and/or IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867
>>
>> If still no joy:
>>
>> Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]
>>
>> If nothing happens when you click a link:
>> Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
>> Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
>> Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
>> Shortcut) and select it.
>> Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
>> Select 'open'.
>> Click Edit.
>>
>> "Application used to perform this action" should read:
>>
>> "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the
>> path to
>> iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)
>>
>> DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:
>>
>> #1:
>> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
>> IExplore
>> #3 (blank)

>> WWW_OpenURL
>>
>> URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.
>>
>> If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA

0
Bruce
5/26/2010 1:48:52 PM
Mac Windows?

Or Exxon Windows?

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> [X-post to OE General]
>
> Huh?
>

> bandi wrote:
>> Thanks, Bruce.  That fixed my problem.  Although the instructions you
>> sent
>> were not too easy to follow.  Apparently they were for a different brand
>> of
>> Windows.  Thanks again.
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Outlook Express General newsgroup:
>>>
>>> In your newsreader:
>>>
>>> On the Web:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

>>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09)
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301
>>>
>>> Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7
>>> [and/or
>>> IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09)
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867
>>>
>>> If still no joy:
>>>
>>> Courtesy of MVP Frank Saunders. [RIP]
>>>
>>> If nothing happens when you click a link:
>>> Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
>>> Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
>>> Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
>>> Shortcut) and select it.
>>> Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
>>> Select 'open'.
>>> Click Edit.
>>>
>>> "Application used to perform this action" should read:
>>>
>>> "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the
>>> path
>>> iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)
>>>
>>> DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:
>>>
>>> #1:
>>> "%1",,-1,0,,,,
>>> IExplore
>>> #3 (blank)

>>> WWW_OpenURL
>>>
>>> URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.
>>>
>>> If all the above is correct, uncheck: Use DDE.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA

0
DAS

InitializeCDF problem
After running the .....DataMigration.InitializeCDF.exe program the log indicates that all went ok and was successful. However, there is no data in the cdf_StringMapCRM table. I'm not sure what would cause this lack of data or how to troubleshoot this issue. ...

Problem with SMTP
I have a client that is running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. exchange was working fine. He installed a third party portal server and now, none of his mail is delivered to any of his mailboxes. If I look in the Que there is no messages waiting.for delivery. But none of the Mail is ever delevired to the inboxes of his users but it shows up in the sent items folder. Any Ideas? Check IIS. Exchange extends the core functionality provided by IIS for some critical functions including SMTP. My guess would be that a portal server would mess with IIS. You may be looking at a reinstall of IIS an...

Page numbers with printing problems.
Hello I have a problem with my pagination. I have programmed them to follow sections breaks. It works fine on screen, but sometimes when I print it does not work. It happens sometimes. Whats wrong? In what way doesn't page numbering work? What happens? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Rasmus" <Rasmus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58513974-E161-45E4-A6C5-DB919271FF2E@microsoft.com... > Hello > I have a problem with my pagination. I have programmed them to follow > sections breaks. It works fine on screen, but sometimes w...

Formula problem #9
I have an excel sheet that details store sales with 7 columns of numbered data. I would like to make an 8th column that gives me the average of the first 7 columns but not every cell has a number. My average formula could read @sum(b2..h2)/7. If one of the cells in the row doesn't have a number in it, I would like the average formula to read @sum(b2..h2)/6. Some of the rows may have only 2 numbers in it cells so in that case it would have to be divided by 2. I would like to know if anyone can help me to devise a formula that will automatically do this? Any help is greatly appreciated...

problems with message to send via Outlook
Hello, I can not send any e-mail via Outlook - there is an errror 0x800ccc0e. I switched off firewall and antivirus program and there was no change.. I had also called to my local admin but he said I had open port number 25 and there is no technical problem on their side. Can anybody help me? greetings, Hubert http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191687 "jogin" <jogin@interia.pl> wrote in message news:1166143330.144801.33510@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I can not send any e-mail via Outlook - there is an errror 0x800ccc0e. > > I switched off firewa...

Exchange 2003 DNS problem
How do I prevent the SMTP service from sending mail to an A RR ONLY when an MX RR exists, but is unreacheable for some reason? It appears as if my Exchange server is sending mail to an A RR record when an MX record exists instead of returning an error message. Where can I increase the logging on the Exchange server to detail the name resolution process the mail server performs to find out if the server is actually sending to an A RR incorrectly or if the name lookup never returns an MX RR and is correctly sending to an A RR? On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:45:05 -0800, "thaller" <...

Problem E-mailing Statements in GP9
In Dynamics GP 9.0, I can't e-mail statements. It previously worked however since moving GP to a new server which has Windows 2003 installed (the OS on the old server was Windows 2000), I get the following error message when e-mailing statements (it occurs when you click the print button): Unable to create status directory. Statements will not be e-mailed. I assume it's something security related. Maybe GP doesn't have permissions to create directories on the computer? I'm logged in to the computer as the network administrator and into GP as 'sa', so there should...

Print Preview Problem w/Photo
I placed a photo on page four of an annual report; when I go to print preview, the picture shows up on pages 4 and 12. When I move the photo from page 4, it disappears from page 12 as well. This is only in print preview. When in editing mode, the photo shows only on page 4. I want the photo to show only on the page it's on. I am using Publisher 2003. How can I fix this situation. It has to go to Kinko's tomorrow. Musing in Mesquite <Musing in Mesquite@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I placed a photo on page four of an annual report; when ...

Problem on opening
I recently got a new computer running Windows XP Home Edition. I installed my Office 97. Now when I open up any Excel spreadsheet I get a message saying "A document with the name 'xxxxxxx.xls' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folder." This happen every time I open a spreadsheet. If I click on "OK" the message goes away and I can proceed as normal. This is more of an annoyance than a problem. How can I put an end to this? Thanks in advance Maybe... http://contextures.com/xlfaqAp...

Problem running sub on a User Form
I have a User Form that has (21) check boxes for making the worksheets in the workbook visible or hidden. Also on this User Form there is an Update Control Button that is clicked to transfer the Data from the User Form to the Worksheet. My problem is if the Worksheet is hidden and I try to update the workbook I get an error message. Run_Time Error 1004 Select Method of worksheet class failed The following code works perfect as long as all the worksheets are visable, but once you hide one of the worksheets I get above error message. I am not sure how to code this to check...

Three computers with different problems running Windows Mail
After running WMUtil.exe on one of my 64-bit Windows Vista computers, I now get these two error messages every time I try starting Windows Mail: Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store. Your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail again. (0x800C0155) Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. The WMUtil.exe program was able to find a few hun...

GP 7.5 on win2k3 Terminal Server problems
Strange problem seems to limit number of users accessing Great Plains to 3... All eight users are logged on to the Terminal server fine. Yet only three at a time can access GP. Contractor who is doing the GP install says she has never seen anything like this. Another friend has said that in the past, he has seen a special post-install script that must be run for TS installs of GP, but the contractor says this is now redundant... SQL Server 2000 sp3 with *per CPU License*. Terminal server is a fresh install with no TS CALs installed yet, but the 90-day temp licenses should be fine for t...

Deligating problem
Just got a new member server to act as a backup on my now two server network. Installed Backup exec and going trough the process of setting up the Exchange backup. http://support.veritas.com/docs/249456 When I try to Delgate control to my Backup Exec user, I get the following message: To fully administer an Exchange server, the deligated user or group must also be a member of the local machine Administrators group." Big question: How do a I add an AD user the "local machine Administartors group" on a DOMAIN CONTROLLER? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:00:40 -0600, "Alp...

Access 95
I' having a strange problem. A couple of years ago I wrote a little Access 95 database for a customer. They'd been using it witout problems for years but recently they have switched their machine to more recent version of Windows and Office (97). The database stopped working, conversion to Access 97 didn't work so they sent me the MDB file. I installed Access 95 on my Win98 machine (I had no Office installed before although I might have had some Office components hanging around, who knows...). The database is in fact not working. I'm getting a very strange error: the VB compil...

Problems with Tab
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I have a Main form with 2 subforms in the detail sections of my Main form. I have 7 controls to enter data in, patient info. All of these work fine and in order the first control is tab stop 0. I have subform 1 Pt Location as tab stop 7, the 5 controls in there are in order starting with 0 and once in that form those work fine. My problem is, when I add a new record to my main form and fill in some of the 7 controls then hit the tab key or click in the first control on my location subform I get switched to an existing record with the focus on tab stop 0 ...

X-axis scaling problem
I am having problems with creating scatter plots in the new excel. In the old one (2003), one could highlight a whole column, have the column headings end up as the axes titles, and have blank data points ignored. The new one changes the x-axis to other numbers if blank data or text is included in the selection. For instance, I graphed data containing x-values from 1000 to 5000, and when the header column was included, Excel renumbered all the x-values from 1 to 15, maybe by ranking them, but the system was unclear. Short of sorting my data to remove blank data points and MANUALLY E...

Har problem
Hej Jag vill fr�ga efterssom jag vet ej v�rf�r kan jag ej skicka mail till mina kompisat genom Wimdows mail? med fotograf osv, vidare? ...

Ex 2003 OWA problem 'error on page' and 'object expected' when clicking Reply or New
I have read almost each and every post regarding similar failures and nothing fixes me. I'm not running ISA. I'm begging for anyone's help to get me to a resolution, thanks for your time: I am able to login to OWA and the authentication seems to work fine. I am unable to create new messages or Reply to any messages in OWA. The moment I hit the New or Reply button the words "error on page" appears bottom left, then when I open the error it shows "Object expected" as the error. I have spent dozens of hours on this now, trying every suggestion I run across rela...

Junk mail problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi there (and happy new year to whomever reads this) <br><br>My question: how can I get Entourage to accept to recognize a site as junk. I have been receiving mail from a couple of sources which, MONTHS AGO, I designated as junk mail, but they keep appearing in my regular mail window!! As far as I know (because I have checked)everything checks out: there are never any apparent changes to the mailer's address or to any other characteristic. It's really weird because I have tried ...

Excel 2003 -- Problem selecting link range within an autoshape.
In a multitab worksheet, we have a rectangluar autoshape on each sheet. The rectangluar shapes are not moved or resized with cells. The shapes are set to no fill. On any sheet, if you want to select a range within the rectangle on that sheet, there is no problem. But if you want to link from one sheet to another -- i.e type = for a cell's contents and then go to another sheet to select a cell or cells -- you are not permitted to select a cell within that other sheet's autoshape. One may select a range that overlaps the autoshape, however. One can also manually enter the range,...

Problems opening our Online CRM site
We have a subscription to MS CRM Online, and from just ONE of our computers, we cannot log into our site - the computer in question is Vista Business, with IE 7. After signing in using our Windows Live ID, 14 separate IE windows are opened, each of which say "Internet Explorere cannot open the Internet Site https:/<oursite>.crm.dynamics.com/default.aspx - Operation Aborted In Addition, there is ONE IE window with 13 Tabs, each of which are blank with a title bar of "Continue", and a final Tab titled "Sign In" that displays the Windows Live ID boxes with an err...

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

Plotting Problems #2
Hello, I have a user with Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. He's having problems copying equations into certain cells. Instead of listing the equation, the source location is pasted in (=A5). He has General selected under Format-Cells-Numbers. Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance, -- Wes Not sure this will help, but I'd try EDIT>COPY while in the cell and then to see what is going on, EDIT>PASTE SPECIAL and see if it defaulting to something other than ALL, FORMULAS or VALUES. I'd also check FILE>PROPERTIES to see if it is read-only. If the s...

Problem sending mail
I've got OE6. When i send a message, it says "sending message" but it just hangs with the little arrow coming out of the tray and never actually sends it. Can someone help? >I've got OE6. When i send a message, it says "sending >message" but it just hangs with the little arrow coming >out of the tray and never actually sends it. Can someone >help? Probably, if you ask in a newgroup dealing with Outlook Express. That's not this one. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is ...

Problems with menu on popup window
Hi All, I have one MDI application. There is menu option on MDI application to launch popup window. I successfully written the code to create pop-up window on menu click. This pop-up window have it's own menu-bar. This menu have options like File->New, File->Open. I have assigned short cut keys CTRL+N, CTRL+O to these options respectively. But when I launch pop-up window and enter CTRL key (CTRL+N), at that time focus goes back to parent window as soon as I enter CTRL key and pop-up window didn't receive any short-cut key combination. CTRL+N then opens menu for pa...