new client printer not recognized by remote host - 154753

Hello,
(I hope this is posted in the appropriate group. I know posting to
multiple groups is frowned upon.)
(Windows XP SP3 both computers)
Running RDP between Office and Home computers successfully for some
time, including print function.
I had to buy a new printer for the client (home) computer, HP LaserJet
P2055dn.
Now the office (host) computer does not recognize the new home
computer, so the print redirect function is not working, and I can't
print anything from the office computer onto the home printer.
Thinking the machines had to have identical drivers, I downloaded the
appropriate driver package from HP  to both computers and installed it
on my home computer, but the installation fails on the host office
computer because the printer is not recognized. I've tried using the
computer names, \\myhome computer etc instead of "browsing" for a
printer, which fails, but no luck so far. I have "shared" the new
printer and its share name is HPLaserJ.2. The port is USB 002, virtual
printer port for USB.

I'm mystified, because absolutely nothing has changed except the new
printer. And I still can access all the files on the host office
computer, so RDP is working. Just can't get the new printer
recognized.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I've spent many hours on it
without success.

Jack
0
JClark

I'd start by getting rid of the "period" in the printer name.

JClark wrote:

> Hello,
> (I hope this is posted in the appropriate group. I know posting to
> multiple groups is frowned upon.)
> (Windows XP SP3 both computers)
> Running RDP between Office and Home computers successfully for some
> time, including print function.
> I had to buy a new printer for the client (home) computer, HP LaserJet
> P2055dn.
> Now the office (host) computer does not recognize the new home
> computer, so the print redirect function is not working, and I can't
> print anything from the office computer onto the home printer.
> Thinking the machines had to have identical drivers, I downloaded the
> appropriate driver package from HP  to both computers and installed it
> on my home computer, but the installation fails on the host office
> computer because the printer is not recognized. I've tried using the
> computer names, \\myhome computer etc instead of "browsing" for a
> printer, which fails, but no luck so far. I have "shared" the new
> printer and its share name is HPLaserJ.2. The port is USB 002, virtual
> printer port for USB.
>
> I'm mystified, because absolutely nothing has changed except the new
> printer. And I still can access all the files on the host office
> computer, so RDP is working. Just can't get the new printer
> recognized.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I've spent many hours on it
> without success.
>
> Jack

0
Bob
9/10/2010 12:31:51 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:31:51 -0500, Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'd start by getting rid of the "period" in the printer name.
It didn't help, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Jack
0
JClark

OL doesn't receive new email properly
Below is an email from one of my users. He has OL 2003 client. he's one of the few that have to press Send/Recieve button to get new email. I went thru his OL setup and it was identical to mine. I even set 2 minutes in "Schedule and automatic send/receive every" check box. I also uncheck the "Use Cache Exchange Mode" to force OL client to always connect to the Exchange server. None of these solve the problem. >Email from my user: >I still have to hit the send receive button to get my e-mails. I just opened up my computer on Sat at 807am and the most >curren...

Outlook Light Client does not work on Terminal Services
We have a SBS 2003 install of CRM V3, all works well however we have just built a fresh server using Windows 2003 SP1 Terminal Services and Office 2003 SP2 and have followed the deployment guide for Ternminal services. The script runs fine. However the MSCRMaddin.dll fails to load everytime. I have followed some of the posts which say remove the addin and add it again and run MSXML SP2, still no joy. Come on it cannot be that hard microsoft, whats the answer. Help!! Check the server name you used, it must be the FQDN and proxies have been known to present issues as well. -- Matt Par...

Using Office 2004 with Remote Home Directories
Most of our users have remote home directories, running Mac OS 10.3.9. The home directories are stored on file servers. We were using a separate LDAP server for authentication. Office 2004 is installed locally, in the users' Applications folder. The LDAP server failed over the weekend. One of the fileservers is now performing the LDAP server's functions. Since this happened, whenever users try to open an Office file on their Desktop by double-clicking it, the Office app unexpectedly quit. However, if the user navigates to any of those files from the File menu, the file ope...

i am trying to set up a new mail ........
i am trying to set up a new e-mail address on windows mail aswell as import my current live account to windows mail. my servive provider is vodafone. kind regards jenny Let us know how it goes. -- -- "jenny lynn ince" <garthandjenny@live.com> wrote in message news:uEfkl7zoKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >i am trying to set up a new e-mail address on windows mail aswell as import >my current live account to windows mail. > my servive provider is vodafone. kind regards jenny "jenny lynn ince" <garthandjenny@live.com> ??????...

Outlook requires new authentication
Hi, One user account in our AD domain requires new authentication when starting Outlook and connecting to Exchange 2003. If he gives his ad domain password he able to connect his email box. Have anyone an idea why he is required to give second time his password although he is successfully logon ad domain with his username and password? Log into Exchange should be transparent to him like everyone else does. Thanks, Jose ...

AD for 2k3 not creating new mail boxes in Exchange 2k3
Well, here is my issue and what I have tried to resolve it. With no luck I can create a new user in AD on my 2k3 standard server but it does not create a new users mail box. I have made sure that the Exchange settings are correct for the user. The Exchange 2k3 server is the GC. This is a new issue that has just started for me. I have not had this Issue before. This only recent change that I have done (several months ago) was move change the GC (2k) to the exchange server (2k3) and remove from the old server. I have also made the Exchange server the information master and all that...

New objects in MSCRM
Hello, is there a chance to add new objects in Microsoft CRM (like Opportunity, Account ect.)? For Example: I need to can add this object as subject (lookup-field) in a new activity. Can anybody help? This is not supported in the current release. This is suppossed to be in v2.0. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:34:37 -0700, "Rainer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hello, is there a chance to add new objects in Microsoft CRM (like Opportunity, Account ect.)? For Example: ...

New to access, please help if you can!
I have recently created a form that, when ran, will run a query that pulls data from my table, and then gives me the information in query view. My question is: Is there a way to set it so the form still runs the query, but the information appears in report view? I have tried creating a report to pull its data from a query, but since I have the query tied to the aforementioned form, when I open said form, it prompts me for parameter queries. I would like to set it so that somehow I can run the same form and have the information appear in report view instead of query view. Thanks. I...

How to assign one client to more than one users?
I have to clients A nad B. Moreover I have 4 software developers : P2, P3, P4 and P5. P1 is a chief ( with admin rights ). What I want to do now is : P1 creates an account for client A. P1 wrote some info about A and some notes. P1 wants to assign client A to the P2, P3 and P4. P1 also wants them to see all the notes he had written. Similar to client B, for whom P1 wants to assign P4 and P5 . P1 also wants : -P2 not to see account for B, -P5 not to see the account for A, -P4 to see both accounts A nad B. And here is my question : Is it possible, and if so ( a little exma...

Import Wizard successful, but no new account created
I hope I am just missing something obvious, but when I am trying to import from CSV file as a new account, everything seems to map properly, but nothing completes. We have been trying to import using just a contact at a time, trying to figure out exactly how we are going to set up the data, but no matter what, we can't get it to work. It worked the first time we ran the import, and then we deleted the contact, and tried to import the same data again, would not complete. We tried a different contact, would not import. I can't find any events or errors in the system logs on the...

is it possible to apply a new template to an old presentation?
the company imposed a new template with new proprietary markings, etc. Now, I have to change all my presentations to the new template. Is there an easy way to do this? It seems that all the info only describes using a template in a new presentation situation. Hi Nick Yes you can. How successful it will be will depend on the presentations. Let us know your version and we'll tell you how to go about it (and what the potential pitfalls may be). Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "nick" <nick@di...

Securing Remote Desktop (RDP) access
Where can I locate the guidelines to make RDP access to XP boxes as secure as possible against possible intrusions, operating either on the XP boxes and on the firewall? marius You can use non-standard TCP port for RDP. You can change the default 3389 in the registry. This way you set an extra hurdle to pass while trying to crack it. For someone who doesn't know that there is RDP enabled, it will appear that it is disabled. "Marius" wrote: > Where can I locate the guidelines to make RDP access to XP boxes as secure > as possible against possible i...

canceling new window
Using Win XP and Excel 2003 I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. At one point I opened a new window and arranged them vertically so that I could do some data comparisons between sheet 1 and sheet 2. When I was done, I did not close the extra window; I simply maximized the original window. Then I saved the workbook and closed it. Now, whenever I open the workbook, I get two identical files that open. Each one has the same 3 worksheets. The two windows are the same filename with different extensions. One has the extension .xls:1 and the other has the extension .xls:2 When I close ...

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

New computer outlook migration
I want to move my outlook files from one laptop running Outlook XP to my new laptop running Outlook 2003. What is the best way to do this? I tried using the pfbackup.exe but the file from Outlook XP was said to be incompatible with the Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance for your help. Walter Bender <wbender@att.net> wrote: > I want to move my outlook files from one laptop running > Outlook XP to my new laptop running Outlook 2003. What is > the best way to do this? I tried using the pfbackup.exe > but the file from Outlook XP was said to be incompatible > with the ...

Controlling adding new records to lists
(This is more a SharePoint Site Admin question than a SharePoint Server admin question) I moved an Accesss database up to a SharePoint site. Everything works great except: The form in my database where users go in and edit records has a subform on it. The subform has the Data Entyry property set to No. However, when the table moved up to the SharePoint site, even though the users are using the form through the database from the copy that is placed on the SharePoint site to edit records, they were able to add a record to the related table ( the "many" side of the ...

Outlook Authentication to Exchange from Remote site
I have 2 sites. One has a Windows 2000 AD and Exchange 2003 running. The other all the client pcs are configured in a work group. Both offices are connect by a VPN with and ANY to ANY rule being tunneled between them. ALL connections seem to work fine for remote users to access resources in the Windows AD. However, I just installed Exchange and all the mail boxes work. My problem is I cannot get Outlook to authenticate to the users mailbox using Exchange mailbox. I can use IMAP fine and even connect LDAP for the addressbook. When I try and connect to the server for exchange it giv...

auto-assignment of new parts to all inventory sites
It would be very helpful to have a way to assign parts to inventory sites in a quicker way. When using Service Call Management we end up with many inventory sites. Assigning parts to each site individually is very time-consuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Fill handle
I have a column A1:A10 with numbers in it. I also have a cell C1 with a number 5. I wish to create a column B1:B10 that will be as follow: B1 = A1*C1 B2 = A2*C1 B3 = A3*C1 and so on. I do not want to use C1, C2, C3... in my formula. Is this possible? Thanks MS =A1*$C$1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MS" <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0C79967-59A2-4683-B701-EA9CB4A1A27F@microsoft.com... > I have a column A1:A10 with numbers in it. I also have a cell C1 with a > number 5. I wish to create a column B1:B10 that will be as follow: > B1 = A1*C1 >...

Copy last value in range to new cell
Hi All, I am creating a document transmittal form that will show all revisions of a document. The range that the revisions are shown for a document is say M21 to Y21. The revisions are entered starting at M21 and moving to the right in dated order. How can I make cell Z21 show the current revision for the document from the range M21 to Y21. Note also that the revisions may be in forn 01, 02, 03... or A, B, C... I thought about a if then loop to stop when it hits a blank cell but it would be a pretty long formula... Any help greatly appreciated Marty... =INDEX(M21:Y21,1,MAX(IF(M21:Y21...

legit barcode not recognized by lookup sites
I am using Libra to catalog my DVDs. Libra uses Amazon sites to locate the DVD info. I have one new DVD that has a 14-digit barcode and Amazon does not recognize it. I have also tried it on other sites with no luck. I have looked up all versions of this movie and this long barcode is not similar to any of the others that I've located. I'm trying to figure out how I can "reduce" the 14-digit barcode so that I can get all of the disc information from Amazon instead of having to enter it manually. I would not worry if this were an isolated case but I'm sure I will enco...

Formula changing when I move the data to new column
Simplified version of my file is: Col a b c d e Portfolio 7/29/2005 / For the Week / YTD / 7/22/2005 abc corp 10,000 +500 8% 9500 def corp 10,000 - 200 4% 10200 mmm 10,000 +100 0% 9900 ppp corp 10,000 +322 -1.2% 9678 xyz corp 10,000 +12 1% 9988 Total 50,000 834 x% 49,266 I...

Form's new SQL recordsource returns nothing
Greetings: I have a form with two subforms. When users indicates the records they want to view, I change the form's recordsource to a SQL statement representing their selection criteria. Then I requery the form. In this case, the form returns no records and no errors. Here is the code: Private Sub cmdGo_Click() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Distribution WHERE DistID IN " _ & "(SELECT DistID FROM qryFindDistributions);" Me.RecordSource = strSQL Me.Requery End Sub If I leave the form open, copy and paste the SQL ...

Macro to operate remote form
I am trying to write a macro that will execute another macro in a different file that is embedded within a form. I can get it to run the macro, but I can't figure out how to assign a value to the variables within the form (i.e. checkbox = true). Does anyone know how to write this up in VBA? Many thanks in advance! ...

Reference changes when I insert new columns in the source sheet
I have absolute references set up to access data from a different sheet in the same workbook. When I insert new columns in the data source sheet, the absolute reference change to reflect the movement of the columns. I don't want them to do that. How do I keep the absolute references absolute. You can use an INDIRECT function to give you the range, and as it is a string within the function then it will not change when rows are inserted. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 24, 3:23=A0pm, John Bare <John B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have absolute refe...