Nero 5 won't detect CD-RW drive in XP Home (SP3)

I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
Pack 3) system.
I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive.  For some reason,
Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all.  When I select "Choose
Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
CD-RW Drive.  As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
only burn images to the Hard Drive.  But I do know the CD-RW burner is
working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive.  I'm sure that many
other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.

I was hoping someone could offer me some help here?  Thanks.
0
Gas

Have you tried updating Nero 5 with updates from Nero's website?
I have got a CD that contains two update files for Nero5.  Please
try Nero's website or google for: Nero551056.exe and
n551056eng.exe and it might just do the trick.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
0
LD55ZRA
4/4/2010 3:28:17 AM
"Gas Bag" <shazlikd@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
> Pack 3) system.
> I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive.  For some reason,
> Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all.  When I select "Choose
> Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
> CD-RW Drive.  As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
> only burn images to the Hard Drive.  But I do know the CD-RW burner is
> working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
> It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive.  I'm sure that many
> other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.
>
> I was hoping someone could offer me some help here?  Thanks.

If it's an OEM version of Nero and didn't come with the drive that's
probably your problem. I got the retail vesion of 6 for cheap several years
ago so never had to figure out how the "adding keys" work.

Gas Bag wrote:
> I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
> Pack 3) system.
> I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive.  For some reason,
> Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all.  When I select "Choose
> Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
> CD-RW Drive.  As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
> only burn images to the Hard Drive.  But I do know the CD-RW burner is
> working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
> It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive.  I'm sure that many
> other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.
>
> I was hoping someone could offer me some help here?  Thanks.

Dump Nero and get a burning program that works and is less humongous.
Suggestions...
    InfraRecorder
    CDBurnerXP
    DeepBurner
    EasyBurner
    ImgBurn

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
4/4/2010 12:52:28 PM
I agree.

nothing worst than
paying for new versions
of nero

when free ones are
available.

--

db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"dadiOH" <dadiOH@invalid.com> wrote in message news:u9YEpV$0KHA.4204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Gas Bag wrote:
>> I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
>> Pack 3) system.
>> I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive.  For some reason,
>> Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all.  When I select "Choose
>> Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
>> CD-RW Drive.  As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
>> only burn images to the Hard Drive.  But I do know the CD-RW burner is
>> working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
>> It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive.  I'm sure that many
>> other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.
>>
>> I was hoping someone could offer me some help here?  Thanks.
>
> Dump Nero and get a burning program that works and is less humongous. Suggestions...
>    InfraRecorder
>    CDBurnerXP
>    DeepBurner
>    EasyBurner
>    ImgBurn
>
> --
>
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

db

Max 5 Simultaneous Users of a Database?
In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a back end to enable simultaneous use. The front end is then distributed to each user "up to a maximum of five simultaneous users". This seems a very low maximum - probably not one that I can live with. Is it accurate? Any advice or suggestions in this regard? David Portwood wrote: > In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author > Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a >...

outlook express xp
on outlook exp.xp when I click to open a message . below on the bar the wording "working online" disappears when I put the cursor on them message line and click. I am having a problem opening the messages etc help will be appreciated.... tks F.T. ...

How do I setup a name, home address and phone to automatically at.
when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone number that automatically appeared on my outgoing email. How do I setup the same for "Outlook" email which I recently purchased with Office 2003 Professional? Set it up in your signature, it's in the tools/options of Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Robert C. Sollars" wrote: > when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone numb...

IE8 , Network Share / Drive Map
A client system (XP SP3, Novell Network ZENworks/Groupwise, Non-Admin account) here is having issues saving documents from within IE8 to her assigned Network drive. (I know more technical details for the network/setup may be warranted but for now I'm hoping someone has seen this or knows a fix based on this basic info) None of her mapped network drives show up as possible save locations from within the IE8 "save as" dialogue. Her drives are working fine otherwise; she can read, write, delete, etc. to them from Windows Explorer and other programs. There doesn't seem to be a...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

Ever a limit on hard-drives?
Is there ever a limit to how many hard-drives you want to internally install into a computer? I understand you need a certain amount or ports on your motherboard and the connectors from the power supply or additional ones from an expansion slot. eg: Can I put a 1.5 terabyte drive into an older computer if I really wanted to? Or if the computer had 6 ports and six connectors, can I put in 1.5Tb x 6? Brian V wrote: > Is there ever a limit to how many hard-drives you want to internally install > into a computer? > > I understand you need a certain amount or ports o...

conversion ? #5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5684A.7BCBCE70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ?=20 ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5684A.7BCBCE70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <...

Can office 2000 co-exist with office 2007 on same XP pc
Can office 2000 co-exist with office 2007 on same XP pc Mokie Yes it can with the exception of Outlook. But why would you want to install Office 2000. Support for it has expired and there is no updates and the SR1a service pack is not available anymore either -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mokie" <Mokie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF84C6F9-DAC6-4762-98E7-5A41DDC4CA2A@microsoft.com... > Can office 2000 co-exist with office 2007 on ...

GP 9.0 should allow to pin the drop down like in 7.5
I would like to have the ability to pin down the drop down's in GP 9.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=14f8fd0c-6996-4412-8ddc-1ac7c5d6b45a&dg=micro...

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

Unable to Relay 550 5.7.1 for replies only!
W2K3 Server and E2K3 Ent. server Fresh installs. Recipient policies for our Internet domains with the appropriate ISA settings. All email leaves our domain with no SMTP issues to anywhere outside. Internal email works. Outlook 2003 configured to use E2K3 as default. When replying to an externally received email: Throws Event 7010: MSExchangeTransport (Logging is on) This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #9. The client at "10.0.10.100" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for info@outsidedom...

Exchange 5.5 wowexec
I am trying to install the veritas backup agent on my exchange server from another machine(2000 server). When I use the administrator account it always says wrong password, so I use my account which is in the domain admins group. It appears to be installing but on the exchange server I get this message Hidden Console of WOW VDM c:\WINNT\. a temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. I have disk space. I also get an event id 10004.DCOM got error "Loon failure: unkn...

Excell 2002 xp
need to enable file sharing so that we can have version control on a Excel document Tools, Share Workbook, select (put a check mark into) the option "Allow changes by more than one user...." Then make choices in the Advanced tab as desired.... MRO "sarosh Tafti" <sarosh.tafti@mcdanalds.ca> wrote in message news:071401c38219$9bcc8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > need to enable file sharing so that we can have version > control on a Excel document ...

Recovering Outlook Categories After Update to Windows 7 from XP
I just updated to Win 7 from XP. I'm trying to overcome Microsoft's view of where to put things, which is VERY different to mine. For example, Outlook categories . . . It seems though I have all my contacts and THEIR individual categories, I've lost the "master list". Is there a way to recover the list by somehow rebuilding it from the 600 or so contacts I have and just creating it based on what I've used? Or can I grab it from my old system image somewhere? James S. Huggins ... -- James S. Huggins http://forums.slipstick.com ...

NDR #5
Can anyone help me with this NDR from E2K? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 4:18 PM To: <User> Subject: Undeliverable: WLAN Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: WLAN Sent: 10/25/2004 4:17 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: <User> on 10/25/2004 4:18 PM Remote could not copy the local message to the server for submission. -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Templates #5
I'm looking for resources to obtain Excel ready made spread sheets. Specifically financial such as "Financial Ratios" and other related financial sheets. Thanks Jim http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx has a lot. And google for "excel and finance" (or be more specific) and I bet you'll find lots. Jim wrote: > > I'm looking for resources to obtain Excel ready made > spread sheets. Specifically financial such as "Financial > Ratios" and other related financial sheets. > > Thanks > > Jim -- Dave Peterson...

Funky write access to network drives
I'm having some baffling behavior on a computer and I need some help. I have a new computer that I setup that is acting strange. Every time I try write files to a network drive while logged into my domain it begins to copy and then fails. If I copy a group of small files several files will successfully write and then it fails at a random file. If I copy a large file it will begin and then fail. I've tried all kinds of files from different locations on my local hard drive. I can copy files from the network onto my local hard drive. I have roaming profiles turned on. S...

Exchange 2003 GAL #5
I have Win2k users on laptops. I have recently converted from Groupwise to Exchange 2003. When users go to view the GAL offline the are no listings found. Is there a way to import and update the GAL on the laptop. On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:16:02 -0700, RickM <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Win2k users on laptops. I have recently converted from Groupwise to >Exchange 2003. When users go to view the GAL offline the are no listings >found. Is there a way to import and update the GAL on the laptop. Windows 2000? What version of Outlook? If you are using offline ...

Need Help, this is driving me nuts
OK, I'm not a math or computer person but my wife is something like tha and she can't do it (I guess she is not that great, this seems to b simple enough). Basically I was trying to use an excell spreadsheet t keep my fitness progress and I found something on the internet, but th problem is that it's very limited from what I want, which in turn i much simpler than the template I found. I started working out and just wanted to keep track of my bod measurements (chest, biceps, etc) and this template does it, excep that it measures the difference as negative. Example: Today my righ...

Tasks #5
Is there anyway to change the font size of the category headings without changing the font size of the tasks within each category? Thanks. ...

Home & Business 2008 on Windows 7 [Build 70570 crash
I've been running Home and Business under 7 Ultimate 7057, and 7000 without problems until this week. Suddenly, Money crashes during online updates. No explanation. Has anyone else seen this? You really don't need me to tell you that Windows 7 is in beta and all bets are off. I didn't know that build 70570 had been released outside MS? -- -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "TC & Jani" <TC & Jani@discus...

Windows 7 and Windows XP VM: disk drive issue
The problem: I've installed Win 7 pro (64 bit) and the Win XP virtual machine (the one you have to download, not the "compatibility mode" included with Win 7). The computer is an HP m9425f with three hard drives -- no idea whether they are partitions of a single physical drive or separate. The drives are, naturally, C, D, and E. The DVD drive is F. The problem is that the Win XP VM can't see the D and E drives. It therefore assigns letter D to the DVD -- and then complains because it can't find the DVD drive. I've tried setting Win 7 to not tell the XP VM tha...

XP Default Open/Save Folders
OK the "crew" in this Group is good! This is not strictly an XL issue but I have never obtained any answer in other MS Groups. I know many of you know the yea/ney answer to the following: How can one change the default Open/Save folders in the XP O/S? Not possible? I do realize that "within a session" the defaults change to the last folder. Thanks in advance! In excel (and other Office programs), you can do something like Tools|Options|General Tab Change the entry in the "Default File Location" box. But each program (even within office) is slightly ...

It's driving me crazy...
Howdy. Disclaimer: I'm a dangerously competent novice... I downloaded an Access template from the MS web site, some kind of sales contact manager template. I played with that for awhile, kind of customized it, learned a few things and decided to branch out on my own design. I (thought) I deleted all remnants of this template, but it doesn't look I did. The current situation: I started from scratch and created my own database. At this point I have NO queries and NO macros. (I keep repeating that to myself). In order to launch my database I click on a shortcut icon f...

Re: #5.5.0 smtp;554 SPAM-Relay detected
spoke too soon...look at this, it might apply: http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-09/1327.html -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > just wondered...the very first hit on google on this refered to > McAfee...I'm always ready to blame them for everything...but Ed and Leif > are probably correct...you may have gotten yourself onto an RBL somehow, > recently... > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...