My Network Places

For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network Places
is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on the desktop
and works normally. The options available are My Recent Documents,
Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer. It's a fresh build of XP on this
machine, so I've probably forgotten to configure something.
0
msnews

msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
> For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network
> Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on
> the desktop and works normally. The options available are My Recent
> Documents, Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer. It's a fresh build
> of XP on this machine, so I've probably forgotten to configure
> something.

What happens when you make your Browse window larger?

0
Daave
1/9/2010 11:30:56 PM
On 1/9/2010 6:30 PM, Daave wrote:
> msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
>
> What happens when you make your Browse window larger?

My Network Places automagically appears. Duh. I wonder why it did it on
this computer and none of my others.

Oh, well. At least there's not a problem. Thanks!

0
mcp6453
1/12/2010 1:17:18 AM
mcp6453 wrote:
> On 1/9/2010 6:30 PM, Daave wrote:
>> msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
>>
>> What happens when you make your Browse window larger?
>
> My Network Places automagically appears. Duh. I wonder why it did it
> on this computer and none of my others.
>
> Oh, well. At least there's not a problem. Thanks!

YW. :-)

0
Daave

how can you place dates from1996-2006 on the x axis?
I am trying to create a that shows the dates 1996-2006 on the x axis. Everytime I try to change the the time scale showing these years the line graph information disappears. Can someone pls help. thanks 1996-2006 are not dates, they are years. If you tell a chart to use the date 1996, it thinks you mean the 1996th day in Excel's calendar system, which was 18 June 1905. You have at least three choices: 1. Use a category scale with years as X labels. 2. Use dates, like 1/1/1996, 1/1/1997, etc. 3. Use an XY chart with years as X values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP T...

Outlook Rules: when email comes into inbox want to place email address into contact list
Hi there, Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email address and add it to a specified contact list. Can this be done?? Thanks Steven <stevenpelham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137031390.188120.152420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email > comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email > address and add it to a specified contact list. > > Can this be done?? So ...

Transferring Order to Invoice when customer placed on Hold
Hello: I'm looking for some suggestions about a shipment being fulfilled, but then not being shipped because the customer is placed on Hold. My situation that is happening more and more is this: there will be a shipment to go out for a customer say today. The packing slip was printed in the early morning...so the shipping department picks and packs the item for the customer. Sometime during the day, the Finance people check the Hold box for the customer. At the end of the day when the orders are being transferred to invoices, the shipment for the customer shows up on the transfer log ...

Edit Network group
My wife and I both just got new computers with Win-7 (64) I found out how to join an existing Network by simply right click 'Computer' > properties > then down towards the bottom, where it says Computer Name/ Network, click the Change Settings, the next window shows a button to change or join a network/domain I had no problem on my wifes PC but on mine the button is grayed out and I am forced to keep the network that setup gave me. Oops, I figured it out, I have to click Change computer name button, then the network workgroup name can be changed in there... (exits with ...

Copying values from place to place
Hello community: Is it possible say, to type a value in a textbox in one form (Form A), automatically copy that value, then open another form( Form B) and automatically paste that value into another textbox in Form B? Is this possible? Thank you for your help. -Gabriel M. If you open Form B from Form A you can use the OpenArgs of the OpenForm command line to pass a value to Form B. docmd.OpenForm "FormName",,,,,,Me.TextBoxName On the OnLoad event of the Form B you can use set the value in the text box If not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then Me.TextBox = Me.OpenArgs End If -- ...

network service
in users mailbox rights, what would be the use and ramifications of putting "network service" in the list for mailbox rights? thanks ...

get network login name
I have the following code to get the network login name: Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _ "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function fOSUserName() As String ' Returns the network login name Dim lngLen As Long, lngX As Long Dim strUserName As String strUserName = String$(254, 0) lngLen = 255 lngX = apiGetUserName(strUserName, lngLen) If lngX <> 0 Then fOSUserName = Left$(strUserName, lngLen - 1) Else fOSUserName = vbNullString End If E...

Network printer map to LPT port
Hi all, Im trying to map a network shared printer to a LPT port using a logon script in group policy. The script works just fine when i launch the script directly from a logged in user, but fails when i use group policy. my script: Set wshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network") Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") wshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection "LPT2", "\\SERVER\Printer" ...

Configuring Master Browser in peer to peer network
I have a five computer peer to peer network. I am constantly getting Master Browser errors in the logs of all of the computers (MRxSmb Event ID: 8003, BROWSER Event ID: 8021) I realize these errors are not critical, but it bugs me that things are not configured 100%. Also, the errors grab my attention in the log and distract me form possibly seeing more serious errors. I understand the concept of MB and how the election works in regard to OS etc (all computers are XP SP3) I have tried setting: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services \Browser\Parameters 'IsDomainMaster...

Placing Trendlines Behind Data Points
Is there a way to get the trendline to show behind the points? I have an XY (scatter chart using just the points (no lines). I added a trendline to get a nice parabolic curve. Normally I would use the connected option when I pick the chart type, but the resulting line does not fit as well as the trendline. Not that I know of. The trendline shows within open marker with a white background best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D4A7967-EF8C-4B9A-9F76-E280F235E...

Disk or network error
Environment Platform - VC 2005, Window server 2003, OleDB Database - Oracle, Microsoft Access Database Problem Statement We have developed multithreaded service application which can run 24x7. I have used two machines to run test. First machine (M1) on which service is running. Second machine (M2) on which Microsoft Access Database and half million text file are placed. More than 20GB of disk space are available on both machines. Each worker thread uses technology for different purpose OleDB - Read Microsoft Access database CStdioFile - Open text file in readonly and sha...

HQ Manager on other computers on same network/workgroup
I am running HQ with three stores, in two buildings; one RMS store for each building and a third for overstock. All three stores are on the same LAN. How can I setup the HQ Manager so that employees at each store have access to the reporting inside HQ without having to go to the HQ machine itself? This works with the RMS SO manager as each of the registers at each store is able to run the POS and the Manager for that store. When I try to get HQ running on a remote machine, I am able to locate the server within the HQ Administrator, yet when I try and see the database on that machine, ...

what is the most efficient way to move data across network? And st
Hi, I would to send data as the most efficient way, as compact and as fast as possible. So I think any serialization is out of picture. A fundamental way is to translate all my fields in the class as bytes and pass it, then reconstruct it on other side. This may also save me a lot of hassle if passing between windows and linux, c# and c++. So i try to use Buffer.BlockCopy to create byte array, pass it to socket. use BitConverter to read them back. I like to use fixed size array for efficient parsing at the client side. The only problem I run into is string assuming I have one ...

Please anyone can help? Right/Left hand expanding & dropdown embarrassing in open random places
Since 2 days ago (never happened for years) I am having a non-critical, but kind of annoying issue. My left hand keeps jerking up and down and my right hand keeps rubbing left and right. A typical male multiple-yanking choice , e..g. right/left-expanding or dropdown; for example try right-click on empty member area and select View or SortBy, which in turn also leads to other private matters. Or in bed by myself, click View-->ostracize , zoom, etc. Or any other expanding type of embarrassing venture seems to overwhelm the natives. Well, upto today it was predictable - ...

SBS 2008 Console, network tab
Machine shows status as 'online-do not have permission to access information for this computer.' Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01CA6844.D4CEADE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable were the computers all joined to the domain using the "connect" wizard? --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-...

How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?
I'm trying to place several charts in the same sheet, but I can't make it work. I don't want to print one page for each chart, instead i want to reduce the number of pages by placing 4 or more charts in the same sheet. How can I do it? press F11 to get a blank chart sheet for each chart select location and have if formed on the blank chart sheet. format as you want it to look "ledmari" wrote: > I'm trying to place several charts in the same sheet, but I can't make it > work. I don't want to print one page for each chart, instead i want to >...

Network Discovery
Can anyone recommend a network discovery plug-in for Visio 2003? Thanks in advance I'm not aware of any commercially available plug-ins for v2003 that perform WAN discovery. The fluke tool that is available with the visio resource kit is adequate for single site lan configurations (unfortunately it is currently out-of-stock per MS, around $200USD). https://microsoft.order-9.com/visiopro/ The Netformx tool (DesignXpert) appears to be an extended version of the Visio VENT implementation and runs for about $1000USD. If your topology really needs such a tool, not an unreasonable pr...

Problems finding a file on a network drive in excel 2007
I have updated form excel 2003 to excel 2007. When I run my code in 2003 the network files I am using are found by the program, but if I run the same code using office 2007 I get a message stating the file cannot be found. Any Suggestions? Some functionality that worked in 2003, is no longer supported in 2007. What exactly is the problem? Barb Reinhardt "Lori Rice" wrote: > I have updated form excel 2003 to excel 2007. When I run my code in 2003 the > network files I am using are found by the program, but if I run the same code > using office 2007...

PCIe mini card drive in place of wifi?
My WiFi card is dying on my dell inspiron laptop. It's a mini PCIe internal card. I see PCIe solid state drives in the same format, and I assume (?) that the slot is kind of like a slot in a desktop, a generic slot for whatever. So could I put one of these drives in that slot and use a USB stick for my wifi? Anybody know? Thanks Found an answer to my own question. These Solid State Disks that are advertised as being PCIe Mini cards really aren't. They are in that size and format and use that kind of connector but they're not made for plugging into a PCIe connector. They...

Decimal Places setting
In Excel 2003, if the Decimal Places setting in Tools>Options>Edit is set to 2 places and you enter say 125. in a cell this comes out at 1.25 instead of 125.00 - it seems to be necessary to enter 125.0 for the figure to come out as 125.00 In previous versions of Excel, it was only necessary to put in a decimal point after a number to make it appear as a whole number. Is there a way to change this in 2003 so it behaves like the older version? al al, XL behavior is the same. What I think you want is to enter 125 and have 125.00 displayed? Format | Cells | Numbers and 2 Decimal pla...

place toolbar on a dialog form
Is it possible to use a toolbar on a dialog form? I am trying to place a toolbar in code on a dialog form but it is not getting displayed. My project is not an SDI/MDI project but a dialog one and thus doesn't have a MainFrame class in which a toolbar is coded. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_DLGCBR32.asp Tom "Ayaz" <r_ayaz1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eThQNu93FHA.2872@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to use a toolbar on a dialog form? I am trying to place a > toolbar in code on a dial...

copy data to differences places based on selection
I have a master list of entities name in master name sheets. Let say entity 1 to entitiy 100. If I select Entity 1 to Entity 10, these 1 to 10 entities insert below group1, group2, group 3 in sheet1. It also insert below group4, group5 in sheet2. I don't have preference about how to select the names in master list. Anything like check, or yes is fine to me. I am open to any idea or method. thank you in advance. ...

How do I place the colums for a chart into the chart?
I am trying to insert some colums into a microsoft word chart can anyone tell me how to get my colums to appear? If you have created the chart in word and added the data to the data sheet, all you need to do is right click on the chart and then click on datasheet. If you have inserted the chart from excel then it will depend on how you inserted the chart - paste or paste special -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Wendy" wrote: > I am trying to insert some colums into a microsoft ...

How do I move the end of the spreadsheet place where (ctrl + end).
After I have deleted data in a spreadsheet, when i use (ctrl+end) it takes me back to the same position even though the end of the data is rows and columns above it? Hi one way to solve this is to go to the end of your data (the actual data) and then from there do control & shift & end and then delete the rows. now close & save the workbook - when you reopen it the "ending" point should have been reset. Cheers JulieD "onthe_brink" <onthe_brink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49C69881-AA84-481F-A454-37694FF5492C@microsoft.com... &...

Network file save
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask for help or any suggestion regarding this matter. I'm running Win2000 Server & Professional and I notice from one of the PC that when I open a network excel file and save it, it will prompt and it will create a " xxx0000" file. I tried to look for the updated file and found out that this file is latest one. I opened it and save it as the original filename. This happens everytime I modified and save excel files. Hope anyone of you there might be able to assist me...Thanks :) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ When excel saves...