Microsoft Word crop function

When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3),
what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of
an image?

Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to
rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or
PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've
gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does
someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if
no other method is practical through cropping or any other method? (The
company I work for is not comfortable with freeware and would rather use a
licensed alternative.)
--
Inquirer300

Repost your question in a Word newsgroup, please.

inquirer300 wrote:
> When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002
> SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the
> cropping of an image?
>
> Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to
> rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word
> or
> PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace.
> We've
> gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does
> someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit
> if
> no other method is practical through cropping or any other method? (The
> company I work for is not comfortable with freeware and would rather use a
> licensed alternative.)

0
PA

Online help, OTHER than Microsoft's
Would anyone know of FREE tutorials or instructions for Publisher, other than the Microsoft's, which would fill in the many spaces in between the lines of instruction that I've found there. There are a few university sites that I've found and some other miscellaneous, but I'm looking for help geared to the self-taught beginner-user who probably doesn't know some of the ABC she should, AND that will really get the thing to WORK! Specifically, printing out a business card that I tried numerous ways to set up from scratch within Publisher. Many, many thanks, ...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

is it possible to transfer a word doc to excel?
..Each month I have several forms to complete and send into head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but would like to learn a lot more about it. Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed. I am useing my own PC. -- Sticky business computing ??? A number of questions and possibilities come to mind. Firstly the 'job' should be evaluated. A print an...

Microsoft 2007 equation editor
How could I change fonts in Microsoft 2007 equation editor? -- Andrius Click on the right hand end of the Tools bar in the Equation Tools Design tab of the ribbon and you can change the Default font for math regions -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Andrius" <andrius.ramonas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C6C37FCD-A73E-4F54-BBE4-2961233A6BB8@microsoft.com... > How could I change fonts i...

Word to Jpeg conversion
Hi, Is there any one to help me out. I copied the content of a word document(should have the print border guide extended than normal page layout) and created a jpeg image by using the below code. But we see the truncation issue in the left and right side of the captured image. Please help to resolve the truncation issue in the captured image. On Error GoTo err: Dim x As New Word.Application Dim w As New Word.Document Set w = x.Documents.Open("C:\Vet11.doc") Clipboard.Clear With w.Application.Selection .WholeStory .CopyAsPicture Pictur...

Nested function limit
I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements is 8. I've also noticed this is true for other functions than IF as well. Is this true for all function? The only way I can get around it is to put some of the inside stuff in another cell, and the reference it. Any ideas? Scott Hi this limit applies to all formulas (only 7 nested formulas are allowed). For IF clauses you may create a lookup table and use VLOOKUP to get the respective value for a search criteria -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Scott wrote: > I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements...

Pasting Word pages into Excel
Hi, I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manage to see the first page. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. Regards Sze Mei You can double-click on the embedded Word document, and view all the pages, but when it's not active, only the first page is visible. You could create twelve separate one-page Word documents, and embed each of those in your Excel file. Ginger wrote: > Hi, > > I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file > contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manag...

Newly Created Function not Working
Hello I am using an excel function that I dropped into a VBA module. Th function works fine for me but when I copied the function into colleauges computer it is not working. We keep getting the error NAME returned. Any ides as to why this could be happening? We are bot running excel 2000. The function I am using is the sheetoffset functio if that helps at all -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Problem with Linked Excel Objects in Word
I have a Word document linked to several Excel tables. Since upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, I have run into the following problem: When a user tries to open the Word doc while another user has the Excel files open, the Word user is notified, in Excel, that the Excel files are open and is prompted to select "Read Only", "Notify", or "Cancel" for each link in the document. I would expect this if I were updating links, there is no prompting to update the links prior to Excel attempting to open the files. Here are the steps I have tried, wit...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
Does anyone know what the difference is between Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe? It appears to me that there is a difference because when I went to the amazon.com website to check out the prices they listed both programs at differenct prices. Money Plus Deluxe was more than Money 2007 Deluxe. I am currently using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 60 day trail version because I was using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe but it stop the automatic online updating of my accounts, but the trail version does update automatically every day after I open the program. Any...

RE: See the critical pack from Microsoft Corporation
--zdjausnzsgqfddsi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cnjlzmsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --cnjlzmsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="euozixoapmzcaagyc" --euozixoapmzcaagyc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Help me "dissect" this function (Excel 2002 [XP])
=DSUM(Membership,Membership!$C$49,C1:C3)+DSUM(Revenue,'Revenue Projects'!$D$2,C1:C3) I'm trying to adapt a budget worksheet from another non-profit for our use. I don't know who the author is and I've had it a couple years, so trying to go that route for help is a non-starter. I don't understand why they have Membership twice; I guess one is for the worksheet and the other is the column header, but I don't get it as $C$49 points to a a column label named "Revenue". and C1:C3 point to 2 blank cells and one with the column label "2002". So...

How to unlock file with microsoft publisher as it has been locked
how can you unlock if the user has left and you try to unlock using windows administrator user name and password using microsoft publisher / front page 2000 . Please revert back I have tried removing service.lck also but no good and server where site is hosted has Frontpage extension only and no frontpage. And is runing through sharepoint. any other idea as to unlock it Thanks in advance. Publisher is not lockable. Are you talking about a website created/maintained with FrontPage perhaps? If so: you need to get the un/pw login from the host. If not...please explain the problem in...

Please help with finding correct functions!!!
I am trying to configure Excel to balance my checkbook. Column A is Trans. Type, Column B is Date, Column C is Description of Trans., Column D is Debits, Column E lists if items are posted, Column F is Debits and Column G is Balance. I'm trying to get Column D (debits) to subtract from Column G (balance) and get a new balance (new column? H?) and get Column F (credits) to add to Column G (balance to get a new balance (again, new column? H?). I am not computer illiterate and I should be able to figure this out by myself. But I've been working on finding the right functions (l...

microsoft office for mac
I downloaded the trial version to my emac G4 and later decided that I preferred openoffice. I dropped the trial version in the trash, but some part of it lurks in my computer. When I receive an attachment in powerpoint format, and I try to open it, a message pops up to tell me that my version of microsoft office for mac is expired. This somehow prevents my open office from opening the attachment. In my "missing manual" it says that there may be a file under "home -->preferences that I should also delete. I have spent hours looking, and can't access this file. Is ...

microsoft money 2004 09-17-03
I just installed the Money 2004 on this computer and whenever I try to start the program, the error message: Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Money when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the IP address of your computer. What do I do? ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #4
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How could contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

exporting address book to word
I would like to know how to export my address book to word in order to print mailing labels. Not necessary. Use a mail merge instead. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Arin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217e001c45b15$07f0f810$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know...

MS Word equation
How can I edit MS Word equation after pasting it in excel sheet? The Equation Editor works in most Office apps Right click the box and use Open Now you can edit, Word of warning: some people find that when Excel closes the equation it is a bit distorted - aspect ratio gets changed. So they copy the formula back to Word, edit it, and then take the new eqn back to Excel best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "qamar" <qamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2BF0F2-0C9A-4010-A968-BC6D2B1D06C4@microsoft....

Converting amount in figures to amount in words
I want to use 'homemade' cheque printing utiity for cheque printing. I need to convert amount in figures to amount in words. Is thare any ready made utility / macro / function / add on available ? -- Shrikant Shrikant, You can find some at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. If you need an Indian form, where the format is different, post back as I have one of those as well. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Shrikant" <Shrikant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5B2FCB4-A37B-4B58-A255-494931CFDA9E@microsoft.com... > I want to use 'home...

Entering Array Functions
What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter? I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function, but I don't seem to have the order right, so it doesn't work. Do I enter the formula, then hit Control Shift Enter, or do I hit it first, then enter the formula? On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:56:02 -0700, Jaytee <Jaytee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter? >I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function, >...

How do I design a web page in MicroSoft Word?
I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am I missing? I can not figure out how to bring the wizard up to help me. On 12/1/09 2:25 PM, in article 5CFCCA9C-64BB-44FE-A9FB-3CA15854E157@microsoft.com, "lotsofquestions" <lotsofquestions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft > Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am > I missing? I can not figure...