Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

hello,

this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it
failed.
now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
saying it was not installed

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--

i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful

i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.

i have no clue what to do.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

0
Dr

You need to download the full package from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has started
pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.

hth

"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

1
LD55ZRA
3/18/2010 3:08:35 AM
Long time, no see!

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/kb00318785.aspx

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (not the Windows Installer
Cleanup utility), reinstall all .NET Framework versions (but only the ones
you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the download links on the page
then run Windows Update manually to install security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.

Dr. Indera wrote:
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

0
PA
3/18/2010 5:04:11 AM
hello,

i'm downloading the full package now.

should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i understand
what you are saying.
thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: You need to download the full package from here:
:
:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
:
: Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
started
: pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.
:
: hth
:
: "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
: news:%23hFIMYkxKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > hello,
: >
[...]
: > * * * * * * * * * *
: >
: >
: >
: >
:
:

0
Tracy
3/18/2010 1:01:27 PM
hello,

i ran the file on the link below.

it did not install.
i got the following error messages in the log file

[03/18/10,09:53:58] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86: [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86. MSI
returned error code 1603
[03/18/10,09:54:08] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed.

i searched for the ".NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86 " update file, but could not
find it.
why can't there be ONE page called "net framework files", that has links to
all installation files for all versions?

i am no expert, but this seems messy to me.
i'm going to see if there is a way to blow all of this away and start over
from version 1.

--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

[...]

3/18/2010 2:24:10 PM
Start by making sure that the required file and registry permissions are
properly set:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx
Solving setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to repair file and
registry permissions

John

Tracy wrote:
> hello,
>
> i ran the file on the link below.
>
> it did not install.
> i got the following error messages in the log file
>
> [03/18/10,09:53:58] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86: [2] Error:
> Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86. MSI
> returned error code 1603
> [03/18/10,09:54:08] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
> 3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed.
>
> i searched for the ".NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86 " update file, but could not
> find it.
> why can't there be ONE page called "net framework files", that has links to
> all installation files for all versions?
>
> i am no expert, but this seems messy to me.
> i'm going to see if there is a way to blow all of this away and start over
> from version 1.

0
John
3/18/2010 2:37:53 PM
"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you

If all else fails, you might try uninstalling .NET Framework and then
re-installing .NET Framework.

Uninstalling .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
http://blogs.msdn.com/dougste/archive/2008/08/19/uninstalling-net-framework-3-5-sp1.aspx

Installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on a Windows XP machine is currently a
three step process.  I just installed it on two Windows XP Home Edition
machines recently that have never had .NET Framework installed on them, and
the following is the procedure I used to get it installed and working on
those two machines:

Step 1
Download the Full Package Installer and save it to your Desktop.

..NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Full Package)
Filename: dotnetfx35.exe
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Step 2
After running the Full Package Installer for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from
your Desktop, visit the following site and download and install the three
patches offer there:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c095bba-6100-4ec9-9c54-6450b0212565&amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en

NOTE: These Patches must be installed in the following order:
Install the update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -
NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 -
NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 -
NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

Step 3
After completing steps 1 and 2, visit Microsoft Updates and install the the
following three patches:

First............KB961118
Second........KB963707
Third...........KB974417

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

0
Donald
3/18/2010 2:54:44 PM
You'll have to learn to ignore ANONYMOUS alias LD55ZRA. Microsoft does NOT
pedall useless updates. Common sense. Why would they destroy their own
business. LD55ZRA is a local troll and a prankster college student in
London.
"Tracy" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> i'm downloading the full package now.
>
> should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
> i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i
> understand
> what you are saying.
> thank you
> --
>

> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *
>
> "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : You need to download the full package from here:
> :
> :
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
> :
> : Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
> started
> : pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure
> it.
> :
> : hth
> :
> : "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> : news:%23hFIMYkxKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> : > hello,
> : >
> : > this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer.
> apparently
> : > it
> : > failed.
> : > now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not
> work.
> : > i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message
> below
> : > saying it was not installed
> : >
> : > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
> Family
> : > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
> : >
> : > i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
> : >
> : > i have no clue what to do.
> : >
> : > any help would be greatly appreciated.
> : > thank you
> : >
> : > Tracy
> : > * * * * * * * * * *
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

0
Unknown
3/18/2010 3:14:36 PM
See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/0239e1b2536154db

Tracy wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm downloading the full package now.
>
> should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
> i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i
> understand
> what you are saying.
> thank you
>
> "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You need to download the full package from here:
>>

> http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
>>
>> Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
>> started
>> pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.
>>
>> hth
>>
>> "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer.
>>> apparently
>>> it
>>> failed.
>>> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not
>>> work.
>>> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
>>> saying it was not installed
>>>
>>> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
>>> Family
>>> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>>>

>>> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>>>
>>> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>>>
>>> i have no clue what to do.
>>>
>>> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>> thank you
>>>
>>> Tracy
>>> * * * * * * * * * *

0
PA
3/18/2010 6:04:01 PM
hey there!

ye, it has been a while.
i decided to start from scratch, because i was just too confused.
i removed it with the tool you recommended and got all the way up to 3.5
sp1, without any installation problems, so i stopped while i am ahead
(smile).
now, i have to figure out why i can't install the other software.

i had hoped that because i had an image with all of this working, that i
could restore parts of the image, but that didn't work either.

is there any software that lets you do partial restores or restores on a
software by software basis?

thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

: Long time, no see!
:
[...]
: Dr. Indera wrote:
: > hello,
: >
[...]

3/18/2010 8:38:39 PM
that is exactly what i did.
 blew it all away and started over.
sadly that is often the best way to fix something that you don't know how it
got messed up to begin with.

thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
:
[...]

3/18/2010 8:39:53 PM
> that is exactly what i did.
> blew it all away and started over.
> sadly that is often the best way to fix something that you don't know how
> it
> got messed up to begin with.
>
> thank you

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> [...]
> : patches offer there:
> :
> : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP
> :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c095bba-6100-4ec9-9c54-6450b0212565&amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en
> :
> : NOTE: These Patches must be installed in the following order:
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -
> : NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 -
> : NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 -
> : NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe
> :
> : Step 3
> : After completing steps 1 and 2, visit Microsoft Updates and install the

0
Donald
3/19/2010 10:25:31 AM
Tracy wrote:

>hello,
>
>i'm downloading the full package now.
>
>should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
>i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i understand
>what you are saying.
>thank you

I would turn off Automatic Updates completely because there is no marked
improvement to my enjoyment of using Windows XP nor there is any
improvement in security of Windows XP.  All the evidence point s to
destabilization of Windows OS by these updates since September 2009 when
Windows 7 was officially released.  Microsoft's idea is to force
everybody to move on to Windows 7 even if some people would have to buy
a new machine altogether.

hth
0
LD55ZRA
3/19/2010 9:15:13 PM

"Dr. Indera" wrote:

> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *
>

> .

1 - Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove all .NET installations.
2 - Download the .NET removal tool from MS to remove all evidence of the
..NET Installation
3 - Download the .NET installations 1.1sp1, 2.0sp2, 3.0 and 3.5sp1
4 - Install them in order.
5 - If that fails you may need to install the VC++ 2005 and 2008 Runtime
files then try again.

This shoudl get you back to working order. If not then your system has been
seriously compromised and you may need to re-install.

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
Free Utilities and Code - http://www.randem.com/freesoftutil.html

0
Randem

Disabling exchange mailboxes #2
Is it possible to disable a user's mailbox without it sending "Undeliverable" messages back to mail senders? ...

IMPORT PROBLEM #3
I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" I try again later and get the same results. "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23%232QSPOQHHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The >message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" > > I try again later and get the same results. > > What is in the file you are trying to import? It is a name and e-mail address. I'...

Microsoft Money 2003 #6
Trying to install Microsoft Money 2003 deluxe after uninstalling Microfot Money 2003 standard. Receiving message "The installation wizard was interrupted before Microsoft 2003 could be completed. Best to install new program OVER the old one - do not uninstall the older program. If running a fairly new version of Windows, can "restore" system to time before removal of 2003 standard. If you still have the 2003 standard program; try re-installing THAT before installing the deluxe version. There is apparently data in registration files referring to 2003 standard. >...

Can't find Windows Server 2003 Dutch MUI Pack for x64 Editions
I am looking for the Dutch (NL) MUI pack for a windows 2003 server R2 Sp2 64 bit version. Does anyone know where i can get this, and if it's available from the microsoft licensing site? We are only able to find the X86 version of the MUI pack. ...

Out of Office Assistant and Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with approx 40 Outlook 2000 clients. With some clients the Out of Office Assistant works perfectly and with some even though it turns on, the text portion is not saved and no auto reply is sent for incoming mail. This is the same for both internal and external mail. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the mailbox accounts not the outlook settings. Anyone got any ideas???? ...

Microsoft office 2004 installation on Microsoft Office x
HI: I wish to install office 2004 on to my mac which has office X. How I do this and keep my contacts e-mails etc which i have on my hard drive? Please contact me at mikeseiden@rogers.com Thanks No need to do anything. When you launch Entourage, it will offer to import information from different applications; choose Entourage v.X, then select your identity, and the importer will take care of the rest. On 22/11/2007 12:39, in article c24b7001-7db7-41a5-b751-46ed638ef838@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "seiden.mike@gmail.com" <seiden.mike@gmail.com> wrote: > HI: > I wish ...

Vista Windows Update Stopped Working & worse...
I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS. When I first got the computer, update worked great... a few months ago, update would *say* it downloaded and installed whatever updates it had found, then it just would NOT download them at all. For awhile, I was too busy to keep messing with it... then I found Auto-Patcher (an alternative updater) and thought the problem was solved, but just as with the original updater, when I search for them in Add-Remove Programs or in Update History, the computer says there are NONE. That's not good because it's a security issue, amo...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #2
never min, figured it out = -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Restored from tape gives an error 3355443752 and will not start the services
I have an NT4 server that I use for restoring Exchanger Server 5.5 by using NT Backup to backup and restore. I successfully used it to restore the information store so I could retreive some deleted messages. I found that I needed to do a restore from the previous day and ran a restore from that tape. I am now getting an error 3355443752 when I try to restart the Information Store Service. I looked at Microsoft's KB and they said that I should get this if I ran "isinteg -patch" or "eseutil /r/is" before restarting the Information Store Service, but I did not run eith...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

Getting a value by comparing 2 columns
Hi, I have a mailing list that I need to create but with a specific list of customers. Cust 1 in the example, is our current customer list. Cust 2 is the list of mailing customers. How do I put the Final Cust Name in the column when Cust 1 and Cust 2 match? Cust 1 Cust Name Cust 2 Final Cust Name 123 Jon Doe Landscaping 456 456 Mary Browns Excavating 963 789 Orlando Towers Inc 1296 963 ECT Lawns 1866 1296 Spring Specialty 1581 Land & Air Landscaping 1866 KF Rentals Thanks for help! Assuming your master list is in cel...

Opening with a lower version of publisher
I create a lot of Publisher documents and give them to other people in my company. I am running Publisher 2002, and a lot of them are still running 2000 and cannot open my document. Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower version in order for them to open it? or... is there an update to publisher that they can download in order to view the 2002 documents? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tara <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower > version in order for them ...

Transfering data from 1 worksheet to another
I have several worksheets that are used to input data into to a summary worksheet for a golf league One of the worksheets is a schedule. The schedule worksheet has 18 columns (one for each week) and the 32 rows have the team's tee positions and opponents for that week. When the summary worksheets is printed each week it has the current weeks schedule shown. I would like to be able to have the current week's scheduled transfered to the summary sheet by identifying the week number and have the data transfered from the schedule worksheet to the summary worksheet. I tried the lookup...

update not working
why wont my windows update fail windows update wrote: > why wont my windows update fail No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail. Strange query anyway. Why do you think it should fail? No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are not) having the issue with. What edition of that operating system? What service pack of that operating system? What version of Internet Explorer? What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the failure)? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions ...

I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standa.
I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. Acrobat gives me an error. I tried to print to a file, which worked, but then Acrobat won' topen the file so I can make the PDF. Help! Heather <Heather @discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. > Acrobat gives me an error. What's the error? Btw, make sure you disable "Do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"" in the Adobe PDF options dialog. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I...

microsoft money 2006
i recently performed an exchange of funds from my t rowe price account A to t rowe price account B. i transfered all of the funds in account A and am closing that. i would like to record this transaction in money of course, but would like to keep the records of the gains i had with account A. i can't seem to find a way to do this. i could transfer to a brand new account, but currently, i have all my t rowe funds grouped under one large umbrella within money. when i try to do a 'transfer out' from account A, i can only transfer to the umbrella accounts, and even if i try to t...

Want to Buy CRM 3.0 CALs
If anyone has extra CRM 3.0 Small Business CALs they don't need, I'm looking to buy. Upgrading to 4.0 is out of our budget. ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

XSL formatting a list into 2 columns

CRM 1.2 -> 3.0 Upgrade failure
Hi, I am trying to get an install of CRM 1.2 upgraded to 3.0 but am running in to some issues when I try to. The installer fails with the following warnings and errors: Warning: The indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes. Warning: Discrepancies were found in the read-only metadata. Error: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. The installer log files has the following line: 14:09:13| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. We have previously been able to upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 successfully in ...

frequency #2
How would I find the frequency between two values, my data is in cells c1:c470 with some empty spaces and i want to find how many of the values fall within 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9. 9-10. I tried to use the =frequency( ), but i cant get it to work correctly. Some questions for you - Do you have a range set up with the values 5 6 7 8 9 10 If not, that's what you need to do to start. Second question - did you enter the formulas as an array - i.e, committing it with Shift-Ctrl-Enter? Let's assume your list as typed above is in the range A1:A6. Select cells B1:B6 and enter =FREQUE...

Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
I just got Excel 2007. I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel. One of the fields being exported is an identifying number. It is coming accross as 2.00309e+006. I can't get it to look like a regular number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places. I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as well. Please help. Thanks, Jennifer When Excel se something like 123E5 it reads this as 123x10^5 So your identify 'number' is being read as a number not a text Any chance of changing the SSRS file so that field looks like text...

Conditional Counting #3
Hello, I have a spread sheet full of customer data; about 1600 lines worth. Each line is a separate account. Column L has thier primary phon number in the form of xxx-xxx-xxxx. Column Q has an account statu which is 1, 2, 5, 7, 11 or 99. How can I count the number of accounts that are in a specific area cod and prefix that have an acount status of 1? And then so on and s forth? For instance, I would like to know the sum of all customers/account that have a phone number begining with 815-947 and are account statu 1. Likewise I would like to know all customers/accounts that have a phon nu...

Microsoft Support Telephone Number?
Is anyone able to provide a telephone number for Microsoft support? Attempting to install an updated Nvidia 790i motherboard driver resulted in a system that recognizes input from neither the PS2 keyboard nor the PS2 mouse, and after the initial Windows XP loading screen with the progress bar at the bottom, the screen is black. Apparently XP is running from the indications of the hard drive select light, and the fact that it seems to go into sleep mode if left unattended. But plugging in a USB mouse doesn't seem to do anything useful. Booting into the Recovery Console from ...

I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed
I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed I am getting error code( display) 00000646 I tried so many time but still there is problem with installing updates aftab wrote: > I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed > I am getting error code( display) 00000646 > I tried so many time but still there is problem with installing > updates When did you first install your Windows 98 machine? *grin* -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html...