Lost my "Backup & Restore" applet reference

HI All,

According to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-your-files,
which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:

To back up your files
Open Backup and Restore by
- clicking the Start button- ,
- clicking Control Panel,
- clicking System and Maintenance,
- clicking Backup and Restore.

My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (even
when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)

I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.

Amy ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard

0
RichardOnRails
2/23/2010 7:41:01 PM
windowsxp.general 3897 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
608 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

the link you provided
pertains to windows 7.

perhaps, this is the
link that will resolve
your issue:

http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123



-- 

db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
 - Systems Analyst
 - Database Developer
 - Accountancy
 - Veteran of the Armed Forces
 - Microsoft Partner
-  @hotmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen

>
>

"RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58407@USComputerGurus.com> wrote in message 
news:5230a2ea-6912-4705-8b5c-4a7639343a2d@j6g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> HI All,
>
> According to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-your-files,
> which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:
>
> To back up your files
> Open Backup and Restore by
> - clicking the Start button- ,
> - clicking Control Panel,
> - clicking System and Maintenance,
> - clicking Backup and Restore.
>
> My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (even
> when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)
>
> I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.
>
> Amy ideas?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Richard
> 
0
db
2/23/2010 7:54:40 PM
On Feb 23, 2:54=A0pm, "db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> the link you provided
> pertains to windows 7.
>
> perhaps, this is the
> link that will resolve
> your issue:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>
> --
>
> db ` ... ><))) >
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> =A0- Systems Analyst
> =A0- Database Developer
> =A0- Accountancy
> =A0- Veteran of the Armed Forces
> =A0- Microsoft Partner
> - =A0@hotmail.com
> ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
>
>
>
> "RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote in =
message
>
> news:5230a2ea-6912-4705-8b5c-4a7639343a2d@j6g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
>
> > HI All,
>
> > According tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-your-fi=
les,
> > which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:
>
> > To back up your files
> > Open Backup and Restore by
> > - clicking the Start button- ,
> > - clicking Control Panel,
> > - clicking System and Maintenance,
> > - clicking Backup and Restore.
>
> > My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (even
> > when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)
>
> > I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.
>
> > Amy ideas?
>
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Richard

> the link you provided pertains to windows 7.
I noticed that,  but I followed a link from a Microsoft page about XP
believing the target page to be relevant.  no such luck, eh?  :-)

> http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
That looks great,  Many thanks for posting it.
0
RichardOnRails
2/24/2010 12:31:52 AM
On Feb 23, 7:31=A0pm, RichardOnRails
<RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2:54=A0pm, "db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > the link you provided
> > pertains to windows 7.
>
> > perhaps, this is the
> > link that will resolve
> > your issue:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>
> > --
>
> > db ` ... ><))) >
> > DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> > =A0- Systems Analyst
> > =A0- Database Developer
> > =A0- Accountancy
> > =A0- Veteran of the Armed Forces
> > =A0- Microsoft Partner
> > - =A0@hotmail.com
> > ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
>
> > "RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote i=
n message
>
> >news:5230a2ea-6912-4705-8b5c-4a7639343a2d@j6g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
>
> > > HI All,
>
> > > According tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-your-=
files,
> > > which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:
>
> > > To back up your files
> > > Open Backup and Restore by
> > > - clicking the Start button- ,
> > > - clicking Control Panel,
> > > - clicking System and Maintenance,
> > > - clicking Backup and Restore.
>
> > > My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (eve=
n
> > > when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)
>
> > > I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.
>
> > > Amy ideas?
>
> > > Thanks in Advance,
> > > Richard
> > the link you provided pertains to windows 7.
>
> I noticed that, =A0but I followed a link from a Microsoft page about XP
> believing the target page to be relevant. =A0no such luck, eh? =A0:-)
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>
> That looks great, =A0Many thanks for posting it.

I finally found my NTBackup.exe ... it is resting comfortably in my
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory.

I've added a shortcut to my Start menu pointing to NTBackup.exe so
that I won't lose it anymore :-)

Thanks again,
Richard
0
RichardOnRails
2/24/2010 2:03:51 AM
you're welcome

-- 

db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
 - Systems Analyst
 - Database Developer
 - Accountancy
 - Veteran of the Armed Forces
 - Microsoft Partner
-  @hotmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen

>
>

"RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58407@USComputerGurus.com> wrote in message 
news:79eb8cf3-2bfe-48d7-b6e0-9c605bb382f1@g23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 23, 7:31 pm, RichardOnRails
> <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 2:54 pm, "db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> > the link you provided
>> > pertains to windows 7.
>>
>> > perhaps, this is the
>> > link that will resolve
>> > your issue:
>>
>> >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>>
>> > --
>>
>> > db ` ... ><))) >
>> > DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
>> >  - Systems Analyst
>> >  - Database Developer
>> >  - Accountancy
>> >  - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>> >  - Microsoft Partner
>> > -  @hotmail.com
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
>>
>> > "RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >news:5230a2ea-6912-4705-8b5c-4a7639343a2d@j6g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > > HI All,
>>
>> > > According tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-your-files,
>> > > which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:
>>
>> > > To back up your files
>> > > Open Backup and Restore by
>> > > - clicking the Start button- ,
>> > > - clicking Control Panel,
>> > > - clicking System and Maintenance,
>> > > - clicking Backup and Restore.
>>
>> > > My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (even
>> > > when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)
>>
>> > > I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.
>>
>> > > Amy ideas?
>>
>> > > Thanks in Advance,
>> > > Richard
>> > the link you provided pertains to windows 7.
>>
>> I noticed that,  but I followed a link from a Microsoft page about XP
>> believing the target page to be relevant.  no such luck, eh?  :-)
>>
>> >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>>
>> That looks great,  Many thanks for posting it.
>
> I finally found my NTBackup.exe ... it is resting comfortably in my
> %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory.
>
> I've added a shortcut to my Start menu pointing to NTBackup.exe so
> that I won't lose it anymore :-)
>
> Thanks again,
> Richard 

0
db
2/24/2010 3:04:26 PM
On Feb 23, 9:03=A0pm, RichardOnRails
<RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 7:31=A0pm, RichardOnRails
>
>
>
>
>
> <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 23, 2:54=A0pm, "db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>
> > > the link you provided
> > > pertains to windows 7.
>
> > > perhaps, this is the
> > > link that will resolve
> > > your issue:
>
> > >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>
> > > --
>
> > > db ` ... ><))) >
> > > DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> > > =A0- Systems Analyst
> > > =A0- Database Developer
> > > =A0- Accountancy
> > > =A0- Veteran of the Armed Forces
> > > =A0- Microsoft Partner
> > > - =A0@hotmail.com
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
>
> > > "RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote=
 in message
>
> > >news:5230a2ea-6912-4705-8b5c-4a7639343a2d@j6g2000vbd.googlegroups.com.=
...
>
> > > > HI All,
>
> > > > According tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-you=
r-files,
> > > > which includes XP (which I'm running) I believe:
>
> > > > To back up your files
> > > > Open Backup and Restore by
> > > > - clicking the Start button- ,
> > > > - clicking Control Panel,
> > > > - clicking System and Maintenance,
> > > > - clicking Backup and Restore.
>
> > > > My control-panel doesn't present a "System and Maintenance" link (e=
ven
> > > > when I scroll down to view the overflow items.)
>
> > > > I poked around in %systemroot% ro no avail.
>
> > > > Amy ideas?
>
> > > > Thanks in Advance,
> > > > Richard
> > > the link you provided pertains to windows 7.
>
> > I noticed that, =A0but I followed a link from a Microsoft page about XP
> > believing the target page to be relevant. =A0no such luck, eh? =A0:-)
>
> > >http://tinyurl.com/xpbackup123
>
> > That looks great, =A0Many thanks for posting it.
>
> I finally found my NTBackup.exe ... it is resting comfortably in my
> %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory.
>
> I've added a shortcut to my Start menu pointing to NTBackup.exe so
> that I won't lose it anymore :-)
>
> Thanks again,
> Richard

For XP it should be Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Backup

Is some part of that not working?

Adding a shortcut to your Start menu to point to ntbackup.exe will
make the program launch, but does not fix the problem of things not
being where they are supposed  to be.

If you have been using it the XP Backup, maybe the correct launching
point was accidentally deleted - which can be fixed if it is your
desire.

Sometimes, folks find some kind of workaround to problems an
acceptable "solution" instead of figuring out and fixing the
underlying problem.
0
Jose
2/24/2010 6:35:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: