Keyboard does not start after Windows XP starts up

Hello!

A computer had a really bad virus with lots of pop-ups.  I performed
completed hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP
Professional.

When the computer boots up, the keyboard comes on and the computer
goes to windows.

The computer does not have a PS/2 port, only USB ports. The USB mouse
works, the keyboard does not work. I have tried using a different
keyboard, plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, including
the port the mouse was using. Nothing.

I tried logging into safe mode, nothing.

I reset the board by pulling up the little pin and also the battery.
Nothing.

I looked in the setup screen (which I can get to because at this
point
the keyboard works) and did not see any settings for legacy USB
devices. I did not notice during POST there is a keyboard error. But
when the computer starts up, it goes from the inital screen that lets
you select F2 or F12, right to the Windows splash screen and
ultimately windows.

I am at a lost. I have no idea what to do. The mouse will allow me to
click on things, but I can not type anything.

I have read lots of forums and most of them deal if the mouse and
keyboard do not work. However, in this case, the mouse does work, the
keyboard does not.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

BTW, it has SP3. I made sure I installed an antivirus and all of the
microsoft updates. I was able to do this with the keyboard and then
something happened and now Windows does not recognize the keyboard.

Do you think if I left it on, it would receive another update from
windows and that could possibly fix the problem?

Thanks!
Melody

0
Mel

Mel,

It sounds like your keyboard driver is messed up.

Try going to device manager and under keyboard delete the HID keyboard
device if it is there. If it is not there all the more reason to think that
it is a driver problem.

Once you know for certain that it is a keyboard driver problem google it.

Rui

"Mel" <melodynw@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> A computer had a really bad virus with lots of pop-ups.  I performed
> completed hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP
> Professional.
>

> When the computer boots up, the keyboard comes on and the computer
> goes to windows.
>

> The computer does not have a PS/2 port, only USB ports. The USB mouse
> works, the keyboard does not work. I have tried using a different
> keyboard, plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, including
> the port the mouse was using. Nothing.
>

> I tried logging into safe mode, nothing.
>

> I reset the board by pulling up the little pin and also the battery.
> Nothing.
>

> I looked in the setup screen (which I can get to because at this
> point
> the keyboard works) and did not see any settings for legacy USB
> devices. I did not notice during POST there is a keyboard error. But
> when the computer starts up, it goes from the inital screen that lets
> you select F2 or F12, right to the Windows splash screen and
> ultimately windows.
>

> I am at a lost. I have no idea what to do. The mouse will allow me to
> click on things, but I can not type anything.
>

> I have read lots of forums and most of them deal if the mouse and
> keyboard do not work. However, in this case, the mouse does work, the
> keyboard does not.
>

> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>

> BTW, it has SP3. I made sure I installed an antivirus and all of the
> microsoft updates. I was able to do this with the keyboard and then
> something happened and now Windows does not recognize the keyboard.
>

> Do you think if I left it on, it would receive another update from
> windows and that could possibly fix the problem?
>

> Thanks!
> Melody

0
ruic

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

Outlook hangs when starting
Good day all could somebody please instruct me on how to delete a large email from a users inbox that is preventing Outlook from starting or at least, taking a very long time to start? We access our internal email from our own mail server. regards France France <francet@lantic.net> wrote: > Good day all > could somebody please instruct me on how to delete a large > email from a users inbox that is preventing Outlook from > starting or at least, taking a very long time to start? > We access our internal email from our own mail server. See <http://groups.google.com...

start IE in protected mode
I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in protected mode? Thank, LJB IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and up because it is based on new security features in those OSs. "LJB" wrote: > I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = > CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in > protected mode? > > Thank, > LJB > > > . > LikeToCode wrote: > IE &quo...

Start DB when not connected to network
Scenario: Currently calling the function SynchronizeDBs in the On Open Event of the Start-up form. The function is called out as follows: =SynchronizeDBs("C:\Documents and Settings\...\IDB HubR1.mdb","\\ww007\...IDB Hub.mdb",1) The function code is: Function SynchronizeDBs(strDBName As String, strSyncTargetDB As String, _ intSync As Integer) Dim dbs As DAO.Database Set dbs = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase(strDBName) Select Case intSync Case 1 'Synchronize replicas (bidirectional exchange). dbs.Synchronize strSyncTargetDB, dbRepImpExpChanges Case 2 'Synch...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

What is the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system.
I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system. I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Bob Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid > COA/License for a XP SP1 system. > I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Not sure you can, anymore - for Windows XP. Assuming you are doing this because it is counterfeit/bad... http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart ...

xp desktop and start button missin
cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open anytgin In task mgr,locate "new task",type: cmd In cmd type: CHKDSK C: After,you may want to type: Sfc /Scannow Install xp cd,exit the menu page.Once its thru,remove xp cd,type: CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,type: EXIT Restart pc. "jen" wrote: > cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open > anytgin ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Can not start MS exchange MTA stack Event ID120
Source : MSExchangeMTA categories: Configuration Event ID: 120 Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new copy from Installed CD. What does it mean? It mean my install cd rom is dammage ,right? Any one can tell me. thanks yim_cm@hotmail.com (Thana) wrote: >Source : MSExchangeMTA >categories: Configuration >Event ID: 120 > Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files >the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new >copy from I...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

Error message when starting Vista during black screen section
As Vista comes up I get a message -1st delete program not found skipping auto check Doesn't seem to bother anything, just want to find out if their is something I can do to identify and fix the problem. Thanks, Bob -- The Dog Breeders List www.dogbreederslist.com 704-965-8622 I believe that the message was Isdelete program not found. See: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583755-solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not.html "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3B8E5F93-9808-4C16-85D4-AE977DC03C1F@microsoft.com... ...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...

Reminders Window Does Not Show Tasks
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 for a while and all has been well. I just synchronized with my Palm and all of my Tasks are still in the folder and I can interact with them fine, but they do not show up in the reminders window. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the "backup" tasks folder that PocketMirror creates. In any case, I do not have HotSync or any Palm or PocketMirror software running on my computer now. The issue is with Outlook -- how can I get the tasks to show in the Reminders Window? Thanks, Tony I removed the Tasks folder created by Po...

What are the Windows Messages when the user logs in?
Hi, I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are the Windows Messages that will be posted when the user logs in. I had already tried to enumerate the windows messages from my application, but no luck. Is there any unique message that the windows posts to all the applications, when the user logs in. Thanks & Regards, YASH YASH wrote: > Hi, > I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to > do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are th...

Excel xp giving me CAN when I want CNA entry in a cell.
Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. will A wrote: > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. -- Dave Peterson Wow, I missed that menu, thanks so much for your help Dave. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. > > will A wrote: > > > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. > > -- > > Dave Peterson > ...