Internet Explorer 02-06-10

I can not find the discussion group for Internet Explorer only so am posting
the problem to this discussion group.  The problem that I am having is when I
open up the computer for the past two weeks  a page comes up with the
following message: "Internet Explorer can not display this page".   I can
click the page off and continue to work on the computer.  This is rather
annoying to have it occur every time I open up the computer.  I have Internet
Explorer 8.  Is there any way I can correct this problem or tell me why this
is happening. It has never happened before until the past two weeks.  Would
appreciate any suggestions,etc.
--
Barbara

"Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not find the discussion group for Internet Explorer only so am
>posting
> the problem to this discussion group.  The problem that I am having is
> when I
> open up the computer for the past two weeks  a page comes up with the
> following message: "Internet Explorer can not display this page".   I
> can
> click the page off and continue to work on the computer.  This is rather
> annoying to have it occur every time I open up the computer.  I have
> Internet
> Explorer 8.  Is there any way I can correct this problem or tell me why
> this
> is happening. It has never happened before until the past two weeks.
> Would
> appreciate any suggestions,etc.
> --
> Barbara

Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.

In your Newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

0
Bruce
2/6/2010 10:41:43 PM
"Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can not find the discussion group for Internet Explorer

Well you didn't LOOK very hard then did you?
It's under "msn and INTERNET.....

0
Gordon
2/6/2010 10:47:11 PM
[Crosspost to IE General newsgroup]

Assuming you installed KB978207 two weeks ago, just before the problem
started...

Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, all Norton Add-ons (if any), any
real-time protection provided by an anti-spyware application (except for
Windows Defender; includes Spybot Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, Ad-Aware
Ad-Watch & Guard, etc.), disable any third-party firewall AND THEN enable
the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled!  If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB978207)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
and reboot.

3. Re-do #1 above.

4. WinXP: Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and scan
| Install any Critical Security Updates offered (e.g., KB978207).  If a Root
Certificates update is listed in the Optional Software updates category on
the left-hand side of the scan results window, install it to take full
advantage of IE's enhanced security.

5. Reboot & make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable (or reinstall) your
third-party firewall.

=====================================

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB978207).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE
(e.g., KB978207), call the above number and ask to be transferred to the
Consumer IE7 queue (which is 47830).

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Or you can...

IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Barbara wrote:
> I can not find the discussion group for Internet Explorer only so am
> posting
> the problem to this discussion group.  The problem that I am having is
> when
> I open up the computer for the past two weeks  a page comes up with the
> following message: "Internet Explorer can not display this page".   I can
> click the page off and continue to work on the computer.  This is rather
> annoying to have it occur every time I open up the computer.  I have
> Internet Explorer 8.  Is there any way I can correct this problem or tell
> me why this is happening. It has never happened before until the past two
> weeks.  Would appreciate any suggestions,etc.

0
PA
2/6/2010 11:18:28 PM
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:27:01 -0800, Barbara
<Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can not find the discussion group for Internet Explorer only so am posting
>the problem to this discussion group.  The problem that I am having is when I
>open up the computer for the past two weeks  a page comes up with the
>following message: "Internet Explorer can not display this page".   I can
>click the page off and continue to work on the computer.  This is rather
>annoying to have it occur every time I open up the computer.  I have Internet
>Explorer 8.  Is there any way I can correct this problem or tell me why this
>is happening. It has never happened before until the past two weeks.  Would
>appreciate any suggestions,etc.

Reading from the newsgroup , this has been happening for a few months
.. Have you tried d/l and using a different browser ?
0
Jim

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

SUMPRODUCT 05-06-10
Hello, I've used this formular to find work piece that gets done per department. =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532")) Department 14532 was not picked up even though other department's number was correctly counted. But if I put a letter, say like C (14532C) and adds C to my formular as in =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532C")) then it picks up how many pieces were done for this department. I suspect this is in my cell format but I could not figure out wh...

Query Problem 03-27-10
Hi, I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies' personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName, DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on different dates. I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date. my query is as follow SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.* FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.B...

test103 06-29-07
test This is the body of the article ...

App only starts in CMD-Box, not in Explorer
Hello, I have a problem on a Windows Server 2003 R2. If I want to start a program in Windows Explorer by double-clicking, I get the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The message I get with a user which is member of the Domain Admins and Administrators. The permissions are also OK, everything is set to Allow, I have also checked with the effective permissions. If I start the application from a CMD box, it works. Has anyone an explanation for this strange behave...

Finding, Comparing folder names then opening explorer
Hello i tried posting this earlier, but something seems to be wrong with either my browser or the site, so... i have a project where i have a field that stores the serial number of a product. i need to take the field, trim it to 5 characters and then use it to search a folder and all the subfolders, trimming thier names to the first 5 characters, and then capture the full name of the folder, and use that to open windows explorer at the found folder. so if i have a field with the value "08003" and i want to find that sub-sub-subfolder in the folder "c:\WO\" and then...

outlook calendar #10
How can I set up the calendar so that each of my appointments are automatically given 15 minutes or 10 minutes ? set the time scale to 10 or 15 min. right click on the time scale in day view or change it in tools, options, calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www....

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I ...

CRM VPC Internet Connection
All, How can you make Internet Connection in VPC to work, for example, you type www.google.com in IE? because I did that and it could not open. Thanks You need to check the Virtual PC or Sever options and change the network connection to External. If I recall correctly the VPC image is set to the static IP of 192.168.1.1 so you want to make sure this will not be duplicate IP on your network. You may also need to change the default gateway to match your network. (I have found that if you change the Static IP on the VPC you need to make changes in DNS for http://crm to work) "...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

DATEVALUE("10/30/2009") Fails with #VALUE! Error

Sendung mail from Explorer (shell menu)
Hi I just migrated from OE to outlook2000. (due to use of my Ipaq ) Why is my mail stuck in the outbox if i sent some documents from the Shell menu in Explorer ? Can i avoid having to open the items in my outbox to get the actually sent ? Johan ...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

essai 02-07-08
kur NFztoa"o un petit essai bisssses louisa ...

external connector 10-17-06
Hi, I am just wondering what kind of license we would need if we are to create an online system that will integrate with MS CRM 3.0. The online system will have its own database. We would like to integrate our database with the CRM db. Clients will access the system through the internet. Do we need the external connector license for us to access the data on CRM? Like write data from our db to CRM db and vice versa? Thanks! The external connector license is designed to enable external access to MSCRM for an unspecified group (unlimited number) of non-CRM users. If these external use...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

Recovery Console 03-04-10
I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini disappeared. As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task. However, I am unable to get rid of cmdcons. Can anyone help? Thanks JB Please, ignore. I found solution. Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:OrcmLs7uKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in ...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations
GP version 10.00.1237 Standard The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is still locked. I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue or offer a solution. Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or...

Internal server information broadcasted over Internet via SMTP
When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent it from broadcasting it's internal information? Thanks! 220 servername.domain.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=836564 -- Teo Heras "Dragon" wrote: > When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it > responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent > it from broadcasting it's internal information? > Thanks! > >...

6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?
Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the box, or is it impossible? -- Thank You Vince :) One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure out amount for the 6th bottle and above. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:14DF8630-C031-4C90-8FCB-BE8085FFCA25@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the > box, > or is it impossible? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Can you elaborate any further? If in using the discount section won't tha...

COUNTIF Function 04-19-10
I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value as the origin cell. Is there some type of malfunction with tis function? It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate. Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks something like: =COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value") when it should be: =COUNTIF(1:1,"My value") -- Best Regards, Luke M "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Use this correction pack for MS Internet Explorer
--ecbijsmiffcrdj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fclwclut"; type="multipart/alternative" --fclwclut Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="isrqoatsqo" --isrqoatsqo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the...

Format 05-11-10
In table A I have Paid_Amount which is stored as currency. In table B I have Membership which is stored as a number long integer. In the query I have PMPM:([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) The query runs fine, but the data is a long number. I then changed it to say PMPM:FormatCurrency([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) and I end up with $0.00 for all my answers. What can I do? well technically, Paid_Amount is being stored as Double or Decimal, but being presented as currency. When you divide by an integer, Access thinks you are "integer math" the solution, is to convert the...

MS Chart Control for VC++9 03-14-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks "Azed" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OTMhW14wKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS > chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS > chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. > Is...