Internet connection problem - help please!

Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a
home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless.
For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that
any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of
the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected
computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until
the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In
Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address
results in a time out. The computer that is currently affected shows an
IP address of 192.168.1.68 and DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. The
default gateway and DHCP server are shown as 192.168.1.254 (and subnet
mask as 255.255.255.0). My technical expertise extends to being able to
find the addresses and ping things:confused:! Any help would be
gratefully received.

0
potter99

"potter99" <potter99.44f8mg@no.email.invalid> said this in news item

> Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a
> home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless.
> For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that
> any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of
> the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected
> computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until
> the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In
> Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address
> results in a time out. The computer that is currently affected shows an
> IP address of 192.168.1.68 and DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. The
> default gateway and DHCP server are shown as 192.168.1.254 (and subnet
> mask as 255.255.255.0). My technical expertise extends to being able to
> find the addresses and ping things:confused:! Any help would be
> gratefully received.

Sounds like an intermittent router. I would borrow a replacement router from
your friendly PC dealer to confirm  this suspicion.

How does your mobile phone connection come into this?

0
Pegasus
1/7/2010 2:29:47 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a
> home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless.
> For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that
> any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of
> the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected
> computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until
> the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In
> Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address
> results in a time out. The computer that is currently affected shows an
> IP address of 192.168.1.68 and DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. The
> default gateway and DHCP server are shown as 192.168.1.254 (and subnet
> mask as 255.255.255.0). My technical expertise extends to being able to
> find the addresses and ping things:confused:! Any help would be
> gratefully received.

Look into your system event log for tcpip or dhcp errors after having
that problem.

Bernd
0
Bernd

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

GP GL recurring entry problem!
hi, I have created the prepayment batch which will recur 11 times monthly in general ledger, this expenditure occurred starting from Aug, been posted on Nov..however, after posting it, there is just Aug expenditure bumped up while same journal no. showed two entries, which are duplicated and one of that is showing the audit trial code, the other one remains original journal no. and batch no.; also, the other prepayment batch i created recurring 3 months, it did show the aug and sep expenditures, however the oct expenditure can't be showed up after post. Linking with this two ...

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

no access to send internet email

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Help With Margin Formula

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Bank One Download is not working