Inadequate Memory Problem

I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and
experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'.  I have 2GB  DDR in
four 512MB segments.  I wonder what the problem might be?

Thanks

Duke
0
jw

jw@eldorado.com wrote:
> I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and
> experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'.  I have 2GB  DDR
> in four 512MB segments.  I wonder what the problem might be?

The exact wording was "inadequate memory"?

Yes - the exact wording is important here.  The title of the window that
contained the message, the message itself, etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
8/12/2010 11:28:14 AM
First look at system information and verify Windows sees all 2 Gigs of
memory. (Segment/s may not be making contact).
Verify virtual memory is in use and active.
<jw@eldorado.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and
> experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'.  I have 2GB  DDR in
> four 512MB segments.  I wonder what the problem might be?
>
> Thanks
>
> Duke

0
Unknown
8/12/2010 2:11:18 PM
you might double check
your virtual memory
settings.

sometimes setting it
to auto doesn't work.

what you might try
is to set the vm to
a custom size.

first be sure you have
only one vm existing.

next set the initial
size = 2

next set the max
size = 1150

1150 is an old
setting.

however, you can
use it and see if
it helps out.

the other option is
to set the max vm
to 1.5 times the
amount of ram.

but it is highly unlikely
"highly unlikely" that
the system will not
even use up 1150.

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

<jw@eldorado.com> wrote in message news:n4m766pg29b8gbocrquqo0u25osbf5tvk4@4ax.com...
> I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and
> experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'.  I have 2GB  DDR in
> four 512MB segments.  I wonder what the problem might be?
>
> Thanks
>
> Duke

0
Db
8/12/2010 4:39:54 PM
could you please widen your entries, Db?

--
~Ciao~
Cj.���`:..><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�>

NJ State Dept of Health Polio Warning Wallet Card
http://pnnj.org/anesthesia/Anesthesia-Warning-Card.pdf  (please pass
on)

0
Laughingstar

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bwordperfect+%2Bforum

http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1212011929219

> Duke

So you post as "jw" but sign as "Duke"?  Should be the same moniker.
Plus you should've be divulged your true e-mail address to the spambots
that roam newsgroups to harvest e-mail addresses.
0
VanguardLH
8/12/2010 7:44:36 PM
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:44:36 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>So you post as "jw" but sign as "Duke"?  Should be the same moniker.
>Plus you should've be divulged your true e-mail address to the spambots
>that roam newsgroups to harvest e-mail addresses.

Duke is aka John Wayne with initials JW.  Eldorado was one of his
movies of course.

Cya
0
jw
8/12/2010 8:58:12 PM
jw@eldorado.com wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:44:36 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>So you post as "jw" but sign as "Duke"?  Should be the same moniker.
>>Plus you should've be divulged your true e-mail address to the spambots
>>that roam newsgroups to harvest e-mail addresses.
>
> Duke is aka John Wayne with initials JW.  Eldorado was one of his
> movies of course.
>
> Cya

The moniker with which you post shouldn't be different than the one with
which you sign (but then you are duplicating info that readers already
see in the From header so a signature name is redundant and fluff).

Correction:  I should've said "you should NOT divulge your true e-mail
address".

By not munging your e-mail address or not specifying one at all (or an
invalid one), you are abusing the owner of the eldorado.com domain.  Did
you actually register eldorado.com for yourself?  Are you the owner of
EDV Management Company which is the registrant of eldorado.com?  You can
divulge your own e-mail address, munge one and use that (but the munged
value should not specify a legitimate e-mail address), or specify one
that is invalid (e.g., use the .invalid TLD) or one that can never be
defined.  See my e-mail address in the From header of my post where the
..lh TLD is not yet defined - see http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/
(if it gets defined then I'll have to change my posted e-mail address,
like using .invalid).  Either your e-mail address should point at one
that belongs to you or not to any possible e-mail address (which means
it doesn't point at someone else's possible legitimate e-mail address).

If you were EDV Mgmt operating a mail server and were the employee using
"jw" there as a username, would you appreciate someone focusing the
spambots harvesting e-mail addresses from Usenet to slam your mailbox?
If you don't want to divulge your own e-mail address, don't point to one
that might belong to someone else.
0
VanguardLH

How do i fix this error in access
I created a database in microsoft access. I have been trying to open some of the forms that I created but after several tries I keep getting this error message "Not enough memory. Please close un-needed programs." Can someone please help in fixing this. I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms arent. I get the above error when I try. I have uninstalled and re-installed microsoft office several times, and no other programs are opened when I get this error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Alicia Alicia, unless you actually do have too man...

Smart List problem
I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”. I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of columns does not match table definitions”. Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so. It does not matter ...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Problem when switching datasource
Help please :) I have created an excel report, that retrieves its data from a view. From that data i have created several sheets with different pivottables. The view is based per country, so each country has to connect to their own view. So I use the same file and change the datasource. It looks fine when i have updated. BUT when I use the dropdown on a field, the old values from the last data are still visible, however they dont show anything if you choose them. For example France has sales men a +b and Sweden c+d. when switching datasource from france to sweden, only c+d should be visible i...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Problems with loading xml from XmlTextWriter
I use an XmlTextWriter to generate xml data. The declaration is: System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder(); System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(sb); XmlTextWriter w = new XmlTextWriter(sw); And I write to it using .... w.WriteElementString("foo","bar"); When the creation is done, I need to load it into DOM to select an XmlNode or an XmlElement to apply to another method (which I cannot control). I thought I could do it with: XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(sb.ToString()); XmlNode node = xDoc.SelectSingleNode(&...

Running out of memory
I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console. The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM. The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'. I have been running with this config without problems for a few months now. When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK. The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the Exchange Server, which happens ab...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel
Dear Group, Hello. I recently posted a question related to the issue of putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. Someone kindly suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart. However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68 (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. What gives? Why does one symbol work and not the other? I even downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Thank you....

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Excel deleting xml item problem
I have an excel macro (in an add-in) that is called by the main excel macro that is deleting various items in an xml file When it gets to the last line as below it generates the following message “An unhandled error occurred: Object variable or with block not set” the variable is dimensioned see Dim statement that I have copied here. This has worked for some time with no problem but suddenly out of the blue generates this error. I have tried replacing the xml file with a copy, also tried replacing the add-in with a copy (in case either have been corrupted). The error desc...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

Dialog based problem in vc6
Hi, I am writing an mfc project in vs6 and I have a problem! When I add radio button to my dialog based application and run the application and press that button my application hang, even when I try to run it in the test mode inside visual studio and press that radio button it stack the all environment why?? It append only if I add a radio button for a regular button its all ok! I install sp-6 but it didn't solve the problem. Thanks "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eq14GyguEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am writing an mfc project in ...

Problem with Outlook error message
Hi everyone - I just started having problems in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling Mozilla Firefox broswer. Every time I try to open a URL in an Outlook message I get the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Any way to get rid of this? I've already changed all *.htm and *.html associations to IE. Thanks for your help!!! scripteez wrote: > Hi everyone - > > I just started having problems in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling > Mozilla Firefox broswer. Every...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Hyperlink Problem #6
Hi all, Maybe someone can help me with a hyperlink problem we have. We have an index spreadsheet with links to all our main documents etc. These documents can be Pdfs, gifs Jpegs etc. I would have expected that when you click on the hyperlink the document would open with the program associated with the file type. On my particular box, the image file ( gif, jpeg) open in internet explorer although the association to the file should use irfranview, on other machine the file opens in Irfranview. I am not understanding why the file should open in different programs although the file associa...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Custom toolbar problem
I'm using Outlook 2000 under terminal services. when i customise my toolbars with my own buttons that use macros i find that when i exit then open outlook again its reset itself to default settings. I tried the whole reseting of the outcmd.dat file but that doesn't help, it keeps reseting back to default after i exit. Is there another way to fix this?, muchly appreciated for any help. Under TS the settings and changes are kept on the server and you probably don't have write access to the underlying files such as outcmd.dat. Your changes will persist only until that Outlook se...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...